As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

1565758596062»

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Joeslop wrote: »
    As an addition to the Wrathgate thing:
    Apparently there was/is a bug where some players can understand Draconic. After the cinematic, Korialstrasz and Alexstrasza have a short conversation where she says something in Draconic:

Alexstrasza: [Draconic] They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet.

So he could be a Death Knight, maybe?
    Well there aren't really many corpses on the field after the event; and there are definitely not corpses of Bolivar or Saurfang.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing one or both (maybe depending on faction?) in Icecrown Citadel.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    tier 8 yes please
    mage_tier8_male.jpg

rogue_tier8_female.jpg

weapons are your usual fruity glowsticks, nothing special there

also I can definitely see the orc guy being a boss later on, seeing as how arthas took his soul. the other guy I doubt it. (they've kind of killed the alliance hero becomes undead abomination thing by now, right?)

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Joeslop wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Or she was trying to prevent an all out war from breaking out, but some alliance douchebag told King Varian.

Unlikely since 5 seconds later she gives you a quest:
    Take Fordragon's shield and go give it to the King. She definitely doesn't tell you NOT to tell him what happened, so it's unlikely to be something similar to that.

EDIT: Got the quest description from WoWhead:
    "Our fate is emblazoned upon our souls at birth. Bolvar's fall, while tragic, was unavoidable.

All that you can do now is honor your hero, <name>. Collect Bolvar's shield from the field of battle and return it to your king. When you present the shield to Varian, tell him this: "All is not lost. From the ashes of the fallen will rise a force that will unite nations and purge the evil from this world."

He mustn't lose faith. Go now, <name>. Your people need a hero. They need you."

So maybe he'll be back as something even better, instead of evil?
    Especially since, if anybody is coming back as a death knight, it's Saurman jr. They specifically have the scene with Arthas sucking his soul out and abscounding with it. So they've already loaded that Chekhov's gun. No reason not to use that one first.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    by the way
    sephiroth kills aeris

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    tier 8 yes please
    mage_tier8_male.jpg

rogue_tier8_female.jpg

Bah, they made the Mage gear a robe anyway. It looked so cool in the video when it was chest and pants.

reVerse on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hope they change their mind. Go check out rhonin if you want to see that gear as pants. It looks way better. In fact it has it's own leg model just for it.

It would be nice to have cloth not be a dress for once.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited December 2008
    reminds me of that one wow music video

you know the one (I don't)

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    tier 8 yes please
    mage_tier8_male.jpg

rogue_tier8_female.jpg

Bah, they made the Mage gear a robe anyway. It looked so cool in the video when it was chest and pants.

So why I ask? That a man of my stature should have to wear a dress?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The rogue set looks just plain weird though. Why are they dressing up as zombies? For a second there, I thought it was some spiffy new model for a DK's ghoul or something.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    because thats sorta the theme for the current expansion?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    When I was walking around Dalaran in my deathmist set last night a lot of people commented that the old sets of armor look better than some of the new ones

Brainleech on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    When I was walking around Dalaran in my deathmist set last night a lot of people commented that the old sets of armor look better than some of the new ones

I'm really fond of the heirloom banana shoulders my shaman runs around in.

Echo on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just can't justify spending 80 or so badges so I can level a warlock and/or priest.
    Keep in mind every character you make can use it.

And on top of that, it'll always be equivalent of a similar level blue. So if you get crap gear, you'll have at least ONE piece to fall back on till you do Heroics/Raids.

I've never said that heirloom items were bad people. I just don't have the time to run raids to get enough badges to buy heirloom items. Because damn, I want to get the most mileage out of those things but I can't since the only classes I haven't leveled are a rogue, priest, shaman, and warlock. I know 2, maybe 3, classes can use the same 2 items. But that rogue can't use a staff, no sir.

Getting back on topic. That caster set looks kickass.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The rogue set looks just plain weird though. Why are they dressing up as zombies? For a second there, I thought it was some spiffy new model for a DK's ghoul or something.
    Yeah, the helm is my sticking point with the rogue set. It's a cross between Nightslayer's shitty super-popped-collar and...the top of a zombie's head I guess? Just looks weird.

The DK's set looks amazing, I was hoping to be able to get a set of what Morgraine's wearing. Even the Hunter armor looks cool. I'm interested to see what the warrior set looks like.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    At first I thought the rogue set was a warlock set. You know, with the whole damned soul sitting on top my head thing.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm just happy that my warlock gets to wears cool looking skulls for once. THIS TIME YOU GET THE STUPID HATS ROGUES!

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Not sure how I feel about the mage set yet, I'll need to see it on other model types besides human and from more angles.

I will say that when I first saw it, I almost thought it was the new paladin set.

Speaking of which, I'm curious to see how the pally set will turn out. Even sets are supposed to be the really good ones.

Nobody on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gentlemen, I'm looking at acquiring a new computer in about five months, but I am years behind on the details of price for performance, as well as the iconic brand rivalries. I don't do much PC gaming aside from MMORPGs, so this new amalgamation needn't be particularly powerful. But since I've been playing games at an average of 20 FPS for the last eight years, I'd like something a bit more potent than that, which might last me three or four years with conceivably minor upgrades. I'd also like to keep it under $500, including everything but monitor and mouse/keyboard. I will be using Newegg as I have in the past, but I don't know where exactly to start.

My initial, blind perusal yields this:
    Suggestions for reducing cost, increasing power at no cost, or opening upgrade paths?

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Don't buy a new case if you don't have to, same with power supply.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    That PC would be upper echelon a year ago. Now it's mid tier. It'll run WoW just fine at near max settings. I should know because I built a very similar PC one year ago. I went with a Quad Core voer the Dual, and the 3870 over the 3850, but for the most part the stats are almost the same.

My only concern is the PSU. It's a piece of shit.

I bought this one a couple months ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159058

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    I just want a druid set that doesn't scream "hello, I am a hippie treehugger and/or caster", and instead goes more for the "hello, I'm fucking feral and I'm going to tear your ass to pieces" look.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    I just want a druid set that doesn't scream "hello, I am a hippie treehugger and/or caster", and instead goes more for the "hello, I'm fucking feral and I'm going to tear your ass to pieces" look.

A burlap bag with a hole cut out for your head? that's feral and still one with nature

Brainleech on
  • Options
    AlgorefiendAlgorefiend Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

A burlap bag with a hole cut out for your head? that's feral and still one with nature

and kinda hot in certain instances >.>

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

It may as well be that for all the times you see a druid not in bear, cat, or tree form. Really, that's the armor look that strikes fear in my heart. Being in wintergrasp and seeing a tenacity 19 bear charging my ass. Fuckin' mini raid bosses.

Entriech on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We made a post on the eu suggestions form about a deviate feast but it seems to drop to page 2 in seconds due to the usual spam.

Anyone else think this is a good idea and know if blizzard bothers reading the suggestion forums, let alone the eu suggestion forums?

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Could someone be awesome and rehost the T8 pics to something other than mmo-champion.

Work hates WoW.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
This discussion has been closed.