As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hope, happiness and FFFFFFFFF

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Amused: Our warlock (yes we have only one) summoned a doomguard in Dalaran last night and with a few buffs we had it up to 44k health. If only it could taunt Sartharion breaths.

Hate: People making elite groups for achievements and not inviting me. I guess having personal problems on Friday night and having to bow out of my The Undying group means I never get to participate again. Idiots.

Other hate: Now I'm going to have "Hey, Jude" stuck in my head all day.

Hmm, maybe I can help.

As the magic flies
    On a cold and gray Naxxramas raid
    A poor little DPS is killed
    In the eruption
    And his leader cries
    'Cause if there's one thing that they don't need
    It's another DPS to teach
    about eruption

Bigity on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Reigner wrote: »
    Hate: People making elite groups for achievements and not inviting me. I guess having personal problems on Friday night and having to bow out of my The Undying group means I never get to participate again. Idiots.

Ugh, I hate this so much and feel your pain. There's always one group of officers in the guild that go on achievement runs through the 5-mans, leaving me in the dust. Four of them could be on, but wont do jack unless the 'Guild MT' gets on.

And what's worse, once they get them all they get all high and mighty and don't want to help the rest of us get them.

So I'm stuck attempting to get ballshard achievements with the scrubs in the guild.

Heh, in a way the thing that bothers me most about it is sometimes I AM part of the elitist groups, but it's like I'm in between the officer clique and the "people who play too much and do heroics/achievements all the time" clique, so sometimes I fall through the cracks. Especially as one of the people who's always obsessing about them is a resto druid, leaving not much room for me.

riz on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Ugh, I hate this so much and feel your pain. There's always one group of officers in the guild that go on achievement runs through the 5-mans, leaving me in the dust. Four of them could be on, but wont do jack unless the 'Guild MT' gets on.

And what's worse, once they get them all they get all high and mighty and don't want to help the rest of us get them.

So I'm stuck attempting to get ballshard achievements with the scrubs in the guild.

Heh, in a way the thing that bothers me most about it is sometimes I AM part of the elitist groups, but it's like I'm in between the officer clique and the "people who play too much and do heroics/achievements all the time" clique, so sometimes I fall through the cracks. Especially as one of the people who's always obsessing about them is a resto druid, leaving not much room for me.

I've been on both ends of the table. I really hate cliques but sometimes they're unavoidable. There will always be that group that enjoys playing with each other the most, and when you toss achievements into the mix where there's 50 of them and you need to do all for the reward, people like to roll with the same group.

When it becomes a problem is when these people pretty much actively refuse to group with others like some I knew in one of my past EQ guilds. They would go get exp every night and if someone left the group, they wouldn't look around for a replacement, they'd check to see if another of their friends was around and if they weren't, they would log off or wait until they were, sometimes for quite a while, even if people in guild had been LFG for hours. They simply wouldn't take anyone else outside of their little circle.

This is why I say Fuck Achievements for supporting this sort of play. Maybe I should say Fuck People for not being more open to their guild. I don't know.

Adus on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yup, I'm about second string when it comes to our guild hierarchy. Not an officer, but I might as well be. And as a DK tank I do get into my fair share of hte elitist group, but once that Warrior logs on I might as well call it a night since I can't really do the DPS needed for some of those achievements.

This big one that pisses me off is that the other night, He logs on, handpicks his group of officers, makes the Holy Priest respec Shadow, and then proceeds to do the "Make it Count" (or whatever the 20minute Occulus run is called) achievement. Fucker.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Frustration: Guild raids consiting of a Friday night Naxx-a-thon starting at about 10PM, which can't start earlier because of the guild leader's job. Guild leader is my old college room-mate so I am not about to change guilds.

Happiness: Our guild can two heal Naxx these days.

Hate: Starting said Naxx-a-thons with the easy wings, which hold no upgrades for me. Taking into account the late pull time, by the time we get to the "meat" of the raid, everyone is too tired and starts making dumb mistakes. These dumb mistakes in easier wings can be compensated for, but in the more advanced fights, they cause wipes, which frustrate people. Frustration + fatigue = people wanting to call it a night. This means no upgrades for yours truly.

Hope: I pleaded my case to my friend to start with the construct and plague wings this week, and it is looking like that is how it is going down. I'm hoping for some new tanking shoulders.

Edited for forgotten awesome: Browsing auction house last night, I came across a listing for Warpach's Shoudlers of Solidarity. Picked them up for 1100. The go for at least 3500 on my server. Going to print some free money this weekend with them.

bejeavis on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy: I am fortunate enough to be part of the "elite group" in my guild. Fringe benefits of being the best geared tank in the guild.
    FFFFFFF: Our elite group is very flexible. It basically consists of myself (MT) the guild leader (MH) and a warlock. That leaves two spots for DPS in heroics and we dont discriminate there. I can live through just about everything now in heroics and my healer can heal through everything so we can take undergeared DPS through heroics for badges and possibly loot. The problem is we have a hunter and pally who are our IRL friends and will not go unless they are together. It's really annoying when we already have a 4th DPS and just need one of them. They wont go alone so we're faced with the prospect of either dumping that 4th person or just not going at all. This has happened more than once.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bigity wrote: »
    Amused: Our warlock (yes we have only one) summoned a doomguard in Dalaran last night and with a few buffs we had it up to 44k health. If only it could taunt Sartharion breaths.

Hmm, maybe I can help.

As the magic flies
    In the eruption
    And his leader cries
    about eruption

Well played sir... well played indeed...
    In the ghetto!

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy: I am fortunate enough to be part of the "elite group" in my guild. Fringe benefits of being the best geared tank in the guild.
    FFFFFFF: Our elite group is very flexible. It basically consists of myself (MT) the guild leader (MH) and a warlock. That leaves two spots for DPS in heroics and we dont discriminate there. I can live through just about everything now in heroics and my healer can heal through everything so we can take undergeared DPS through heroics for badges and possibly loot. The problem is we have a hunter and pally who are our IRL friends and will not go unless they are together. It's really annoying when we already have a 4th DPS and just need one of them. They wont go alone so we're faced with the prospect of either dumping that 4th person or just not going at all. This has happened more than once.

In TBC we recruited 3 guys who were awesome in heroics that myself and my guild main tank had been running. Turns out they would only go to instances when all 3 could get in.... It was such a pain, theres only so much you could do with a ret pally priest healer and cat druid and they never raided either. Shame the pally was a highly skilled player.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Hmm, maybe I can help.

As the magic flies
    In the eruption
    And his leader cries
    about eruption

I'm going to look stupid, but what song did you base that off of?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jaded got it above, but In The Ghetto, sung by many folks but I think mostly remembered from Elvis Presley.

Bigity on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jaded got it above, but In The Ghetto, sung by many folks but I think mostly remembered from Elvis Presley.

Ah.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I didn't catch the song either.

There's a great appeal in being a healer and having a good tank to run with so you only need to say "heroics go go" and usually a group appears, and you know you can drag said group through anything if necessary. Now that my boyfriend is now my ex and he sold his account, I'm on my own again in more ways than one. >.< He was the only tank in the guild who would do heroics with people long after they stopped being useful for anything but alts and he'd run Kara every goddamn week and ZA too. At least now that tanking is too easy a lot of tank alts have appeared.

riz on
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I find it somewhat sad that I can actually sing this to the song.

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    edited January 2009

There's a great appeal in being a healer and having a good tank to run with so you only need to say "heroics go go" and usually a group appears, and you know you can drag said group through anything if necessary. Now that my boyfriend is now my ex and he sold his account, I'm on my own again in more ways than one. >.< He was the only tank in the guild who would do heroics with people long after they stopped being useful for anything but alts and he'd run Kara every goddamn week and ZA too. At least now that tanking is too easy a lot of tank alts have appeared.

Yeah being a healer tank team did make it very easy to get a group. It was amazing the response "LFM DPS" would get in guild chat.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AlgorefiendAlgorefiend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

If you were ally on koralistrasz i'd run with you, but from what i've seen there aren't any PA'ers on my server

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm fortunate at being pretty much the best geared tank (or second best, but smartest by far) in my guild. There a couple healers that I really trust, so I tend to grab one of them and go to town.

HATE: Now if only my fucking guild wouldn't suck so damn much, I wouldn't have to pug dps for a goddamn 5 heroic run.

FFFFASKLDFJASLDKFJASDLFKJ: Listening to the dps in my guild bitch about lack of gear, when they won't get off their asses and go do heroics. Ugh.

Ender on
  • Options
    Dark HelmetDark Helmet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Totally Not Happy:

Just got handed my termination papers. I knew I was being laid off for the last 20 days, but it still is weird for it to sink in like this. It has "[x] Reduction in force" selected. Sounds so sterile to me, so matter of fact. I wish I could just go into a bank with a gun and take back some of that money they screwed countless millions of people out of, and get a pat on the back for it.

Even better, I am working late on my last day - so no one will be here to walk me out the door. I guess I am supposed to grab myself by the scruff of the collar and throw myself out. What's to stop me from barricading my ass in this office? :p

Not so bad: I got plenty of money saved up, and unemployment will keep me ok until something comes along.

Sweet Revenge: The guy I had to train to take my job is maybe 30% trained. It's going to be a fucking catastrophe come next week for them.

Dark Helmet on
    warrioricon4.pngrogueicon1.pngpaladinicon1.pnghuntericon2.png

And my poor Death Knight that couldn't afford an icon.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The whole "training your replacement" is so bizarre. How the fuck is that acceptable.

I'll get to write something like "Position was eliminated and office closed" on unemployment forms, I think.

riz on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sweet Revenge: The guy I had to train to take my job is maybe 30% trained. It's going to be a fucking catastrophe come next week for them.

I love training replacements, you get to see the train wreck coming before they even know what's going on. Two months later and I'll bet you that the guy you 'trained' to replace you is going to blame all his incompetence on how badly trained he is, rather than the fact that he's an obvious failure.

The best part? Management will never know the difference.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The whole "training your replacement" is so bizarre. How the fuck is that acceptable.
    With at-will employment laws, companies get to do basically anything they want to save a buck.

The best is when you're pulling a salary, and your state's employment laws state that this makes you ineligible for overtime. Talk about an avenue for abuse that is frequently exploited.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ryokaze wrote: »

I love training replacements, you get to see the train wreck coming before they even know what's going on. Two months later and I'll bet you that the guy you 'trained' to replace you is going to blame all his incompetence on how badly trained he is, rather than the fact that he's an obvious failure.

In my case it lead to me being hired back.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

In my case it lead to me cackling with unfettered schadenfreude.

fixed for personal relevance.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

In my case it lead to me cackling with unfettered schadenfreude.

fixed for personal relevance.

Yes and no. It gave me a much needed reminder of humility (the being fired part). And I was rehired because I approached them after a few months. So while I do find it amusing...it's not as amusing it could be.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've lucked out on heroics because between me, my boyfriend, & a few other friends we have the dps/tank thing covered. The healer part, not so much. I could, I think my regen is still a stuck point unless I input numbers someplace. We have a pug healer or pug a healer & a dps, but we've been able to find some good healers.

Last night's group, we managed to get several of the heroic achievements done - once the ret pally figured out he's not pulling aggro off of our tank. =P

zagi on
  • Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFFFFF: trade chat, specifically racism in trade chat; DKs are a dime a dozen so I can't get raid slots even when half the ones in my guild are terribads

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy as shit: This long after the expansion, and I'm still my guild's only raiding DK. Woot!

Ender on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ender wrote: »
    Happy as shit: This long after the expansion, and I'm still my guild's only raiding DK. Woot!

Same here! HIGH FIVE!

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFFFFFF*3:

1) My guild decided to go casual because the GL got a new job and everyone wants a free ride.
    2) They also xfer'd off the server using one of those free transfer deals to some terrible server.
    3) I play a Hunter. Not only do I need a new guild, I can't even compete in DPS anymore. Thanks shortsighted 3.0.8 Hunter nerf patch.

Maybe it's time to stop playing WoW for a while...

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CripTonic wrote: »
    3) I play a Hunter. Not only do I need a new guild, I can't even compete in DPS anymore. Thanks shortsighted 3.0.8 Hunter nerf patch.

Obviously your results may vary, but the top hunter in my guild still made it into the top 5 dpsers in our heroic Naxx run last night. On patchwerk, he pulled 4.3k dps. I'd hardly say that it wasn't competitive unless you have heretofore unseen (by me) crazy dpsers in your guild.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CripTonic wrote: »
    FFFFFFFFFF*3:

1) My guild decided to go casual because the GL got a new job and everyone wants a free ride.
    2) They also xfer'd off the server using one of those free transfer deals to some terrible server.

Maybe it's time to stop playing WoW for a while...

Learn to play survival? Thats the conclusion my guild's hunters came to. His dps seems fine.

frylocked on
  • Options
    TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Only one hunter was online for Patchwerk this week, but he went from 4.8k dps BM to 4.8k dps survival...not exactly the end of the world.

Tylanthus on
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tylanthus wrote: »
    Only one hunter was online for Patchwerk this week, but he went from 4.8k dps BM to 4.8k dps survival...not exactly the end of the world.

Well you cant just spam your SteadyShot / Go for the Throat macro anymore :)

Now you have to watch for lock and load procs to explosive shots. Maybe even trap dance if you are good.

frylocked on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Looking at CripTonic's achievements I would assume he knows how to play, but I could be wrong.

khain on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hunters still do great dps. If you're upset about having to press more than one button, then I guess cry more? I don't know what to tell you. As enhance, I give you no sympathy for having to use multiple abilities.

Adus on
  • Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What changes were made to hunters? I have not touched mine since 80 and starting a shaman/dk. I did pretty good dps as a bm, what did theychange now?

Laonar on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Amused: Our RL posted the damage meter after a wipe on KT last night (at like 5-8%, fucker). I did more damage than KT! I'm a raid boss!

FFFFFFFF: PUG DK dps we brought in rolled Need for the tanking helm off 4 Horsemen (our warrior tank had other business, and our other tank is a druid) and won the roll over me. I run as prot when I'm not raiding you ass! That was a huge upgrade for me!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFF: Major fucking lag in Naxx still. This is seriously messed up. There's no day we can all raid and not get this lag. It honestly makes me consider quitting.

Adus on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Amused: Our RL posted the damage meter after a wipe on KT last night (at like 5-8%, fucker). I did more damage than KT! I'm a raid boss!

FFFFFFFF: PUG DK dps we brought in rolled Need for the tanking helm off 4 Horsemen (our warrior tank had other business, and our other tank is a druid) and won the roll over me. I run as prot when I'm not raiding you ass! That was a huge upgrade for me!

crafted tank helm is better now anyway

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »

crafted tank helm is better now anyway

Eh, maybe, but I'm not a miner and I don't like spending money when I don't have to (except for the whole prot/ret thing. God I want dual specs to come out already). If I'm ever given a shot at being a tank for us (maybe once our warrior or druid gets bored, as we only have 1 ranged dps) I'll look into it. In the meantime... nerdrage.
    Not really. But it really annoyed me something special last night, and then I tanked UP and the sword didn't drop... but the other people got a few nice upgrades, so kudos to them!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    Hunters still do great dps. If you're upset about having to press more than one button, then I guess cry more? I don't know what to tell you. As enhance, I give you no sympathy for having to use multiple abilities.

I had a Hunter in Naxx bitching about his AoE DPS under 6k and 3k on bosses.

I was about to slap him.

The Muffin Man on
This discussion has been closed.