As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

US Airways plane crashes in the Hudson river

1235»

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    Air tankers is one thing, but the plane to carry the president of the USA? It is very much a national prestige thing, I don't see them ever choosing Airbus. The only way I see them choosing Airbus is if all American plane makers suddenly went bankrupt and stopped making those types of planes.
    Marine One, on the other hand, is partially foreign in manufacture and based on a foreign design.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    Air tankers is one thing, but the plane to carry the president of the USA? It is very much a national prestige thing, I don't see them ever choosing Airbus. The only way I see them choosing Airbus is if all American plane makers suddenly went bankrupt and stopped making those types of planes.
    Marine One, on the other hand, is partially foreign in manufacture and based on a foreign design.

That's a bit surprising, so it's essentially a EH101 kit that has been assembled in the USA?

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It certainly seems that way, yes. Of course, the incoming administration has made rumblings about cancelling production but I suspect it may be too far along now to stop.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    featurefdf971a2f03523f5930bd4179a1b.gif

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This thread isn't quite dead yet!

BBC article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7849581.stm.

Want the short? He was just doing what he was trained and he's been made an honorary police officer in his home town.

ProPatriaMori on
  • Options
    Willy-Bob GracchusWilly-Bob Gracchus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sure, he was "just doing what he was trained to do", but it's of slightly different order from, say, a barista making a particularly excellent macchiato as per his/her training.

Although I suppose it would have taken away from the occasion if he instead insisted that he was in fact a total bad ass and asking how many hookers were being provided post-reception.

Willy-Bob Gracchus on