Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    uh oh... I uh, have my music and my zune folder all as one. >_<;

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    uh oh... I uh, have my music and my zune folder all as one. >_<;

No problem. Inside that is a "subscription music" folder that it keeps it all in.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I dropped my Original 80gb and cracked the screen pretty bad. Still works fine, but what are my replacement options?

Owned for about 8 months.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can anybody suggest a good pair of work-out headphones? I don't mind ones that are connected, but the band has to be adjustable, because I have a big head.

Thanks.

Also, I just made a Zune Wallpaper (for the first time)

DarkishZune.JPG

Evander on
  • Options
    finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Daemonion wrote: »
    I dropped my Original 80gb and cracked the screen pretty bad. Still works fine, but what are my replacement options?

Owned for about 8 months.

The glass in front or the LCD screen itself?

finalflight89 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Evander wrote: »
    Can anybody suggest a good pair of work-out headphones? I don't mind ones that are connected, but the band has to be adjustable, because I have a big head.

Thanks.

DarkishZune.JPG

The Nike Vapor ones hold their place really well, but also tangle often.

And this one is my Zune Wallpaper. To match my computer's.

Zunescreen.jpg

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I've used plenty of wallpapers in my day (I guess if folks really want to share them, I can pull together what I have, and show them all off) but I made that one specifically for the new campaign of using the Darkish Teal Ribbon to raise awareness for Maximum Fun.

As for the Nike earbuds, how are they with moisture, because I can be a sweaty man.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I've used plenty of wallpapers in my day (I guess if folks really want to share them, I can pull together what I have, and show them all off) but I made that one specifically for the new campaign of using the Darkish Teal Ribbon to raise awareness for Maximum Fun.

As for the Nike earbuds, how are they with moisture, because I can be a sweaty man.

Eh, my hair used to get sweaty but they didn't slip or anything and the padding can be swapped out. There is like a rubber casing for the ear bud or a sponge. You shouldn't have to worry about it.

EDIT: Btw guys, I'm working on a new Zune thread. As soon as we burn through this one. It's going to have some text formatting, uber links, maybe even a few videos, wallpapers and of course zune cards.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I updated my Zune wallpaper directory, if anyone is interested. I really should put up some gallery software, but I'm fucking lazy. =D

EDIT: I made a Flickr account. These are my walls.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just ordered a pair of these off Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/AUDIO-TECHNICA-ATH-EM7GM-Clip-on-Headphones/dp/B0009GWXAK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I needed a good clip-on pair of headphones since earbuds annoy me after a while and tend to fall out. From everything I've read, they do a good job of staying on your head due to a customizable fit and some kind of securing mechanism that locks it in place. Also lightweight. $50 is a lot of money for headphones (to me, but I've always used the freebies or $20 sets) but I can't wait to test these out during my morning runs next week.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Heh, I knew I'd be the top listener of something!

http://social.zune.net/AlbumDetails.aspx?aid=a3b2d400-0100-11db-89ca-0019b92a3933

Heh, actually only 30 plays away from being the #1 listener of the Presets this week. :D

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    LintillaLintilla Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I updated my Zune wallpaper directory, if anyone is interested. I really should put up some gallery software, but I'm fucking lazy. =D

Uh, so being a huge Venture Brothers fan, I nearly had an aneurysm when I saw your Molotov wallpaper. Did you draw it? It's like a tiny perfect valentine for my eyes.

Lintilla on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lintilla wrote: »

Uh, so being a huge Venture Brothers fan, I nearly had an aneurysm when I saw your Molotov wallpaper. Did you draw it? It's like a tiny perfect valentine for my eyes.

Nope, I just cropped it up, same as the rest. VB is fucking sweet, and she's the best. Plus, I have a powerboner for Communism.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    DavboDavbo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

DarkishZune.JPG

Wow, is that a Dark-ish Teal Ribbon?
    thanks for the wallpaper

Davbo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Davbo wrote: »

DarkishZune.JPG

Wow, is that a Dark-ish Teal Ribbon?
    thanks for the wallpaper

Oh, you know it is! Gotta raise awareness.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Awareness for?o_O

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Question about the Zune - if I was to order one (to the UK) would I be able to get any repair done on it by microsoft should something go wrong, or are they only guaranteed in the states?

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man, I just started playing around with the channels, as I'm starting to workout and are curious about the workout channel, but I gotta say, that's an awesome idea. This is when zune ends up being so much better than itune, as it can introduce people to so much new music.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Man, I just started playing around with the channels, as I'm starting to workout and are curious about the workout channel, but I gotta say, that's an awesome idea. This is when zune ends up being so much better than itune, as it can introduce people to so much new music.

Man, start messing around with friend cards and mixviews.

Lets see, thanks to Zune I have found...
    Thievery Corporation: 26,51 plays.
    Daft Punk: 1,637 plays. (I used to listen to like one or two songs before...)
    Presets: (Just discovered a few days ago, so only about 300 plays).
    And seriously at least 50 singles strewn about by random artists and groups...

It's one thing to PLAY music you like. But it's a whole nother thing to FIND/DISCOVER music you like. Thievery Corporation is huge and it just came out of left field... I didn't even know they existed...

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Microsoft really needs to get it in gear with advertising, or at least letting people KNOW about all the stuff the Zune can do that the iPod can't, and all the ways that it's better. I was sitting in class, and decided hop on the school's wireless network and download a new song. Just cause! The problem, of course, is that Apple is a big enough gorilla now that they could easily make a subscription based model, and tout it as an amazing new innovation. It may be a good thing that the Zune's so small a install base now, it keeps Apple from noticing them.

I heart my Zune, but if Apple really wanted, it could drive em out, I've no doubt in my mind. Maybe a contract with Sony or some other huge music company that says they're not allowed to sell their music on Zune, and if they do, they'll be dropped from iTunes or whatever. People forget who the Scruffy Underdog is in this fight, and who the evil overlord is.

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Microsoft really needs to get it in gear with advertising, or at least letting people KNOW about all the stuff the Zune can do that the iPod can't, and all the ways that it's better. I was sitting in class, and decided hop on the school's wireless network and download a new song. Just cause! The problem, of course, is that Apple is a big enough gorilla now that they could easily make a subscription based model, and tout it as an amazing new innovation. It may be a good thing that the Zune's so small a install base now, it keeps Apple from noticing them.

I heart my Zune, but if Apple really wanted, it could drive em out, I've no doubt in my mind. Maybe a contract with Sony or some other huge music company that says they're not allowed to sell their music on Zune, and if they do, they'll be dropped from iTunes or whatever. People forget who the Scruffy Underdog is in this fight, and who the evil overlord is.

Zune does what iDon't? :)

I somehow doubt Apple would consider leveraging an exclusivity contract with the record labels for fear of some sort of "price fixing" or semi-monopolistic lawsuit that could tarnish their pristine white name. Not to mention I think most labels would require a hefty amount of money to consider closing a possible revenue stream.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think the Zune would do very well in the UK, if Microsoft would only release it over here.

Well, I would buy one. Come on Microsoft... do it for me.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I somehow doubt Apple would consider leveraging an exclusivity contract with the record labels for fear of some sort of "price fixing" or semi-monopolistic lawsuit that could tarnish their pristine white name. Not to mention I think most labels would require a hefty amount of money to consider closing a possible revenue stream.

There are ALREADY individual songs or albums that are exclusive. The idea of an artist or even label going exclusive isn't so far fetched, really.

The ACTUAL issue with Apple doing that is that Apple doesn't have Microsoft money. If Apple got in to a bidding war with MSoft over something that MSoft actually wanted, there really isn't any question of who would have the high bid.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Individual songs or albums are small scale though, and the cost of exclusivity was probably high. And entire label, especially the size of one like Sony? Only Microsoft could afford that type of an exclusivity contract.

Like you said, if a bidding war on exclusives started, you need MS money to win.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Not to mention that, while Apple may have iTunes, MSoft has other things elsewhere in the corporation to entice people.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that MSoft hasn't talked any PC retailer in to bundling 30 gig or 4 gig Zunes in with new PCs yet. I imagine that they're trying to avoid it looking like Zunes sell so poorly that they have to give away excess stock, but I think that they could avoid that perception by going with the obsolete model or the cheapest model.

Evander on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    bent wrote: »
    I think the Zune would do very well in the UK, if Microsoft would only release it over here.

Well, I would buy one. Come on Microsoft... do it for me.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Not to mention that, while Apple may have iTunes, MSoft has other things elsewhere in the corporation to entice people.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that MSoft hasn't talked any PC retailer in to bundling 30 gig or 4 gig Zunes in with new PCs yet. I imagine that they're trying to avoid it looking like Zunes sell so poorly that they have to give away excess stock, but I think that they could avoid that perception by going with the obsolete model or the cheapest model.

They don't make the 30gig anymore and it would be kind of a mute point. Many people already have mp3 players, they don't need to start bundling them together...

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    is there a free program out there to batch convert avi files to zune format?

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • Options
    RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    noir_blood wrote: »

Man, start messing around with friend cards and mixviews.

Lets see, thanks to Zune I have found...
    Thievery Corporation: 26,51 plays.
    Daft Punk: 1,637 plays. (I used to listen to like one or two songs before...)
    Presets: (Just discovered a few days ago, so only about 300 plays).
    And seriously at least 50 singles strewn about by random artists and groups...

It's one thing to PLAY music you like. But it's a whole nother thing to FIND/DISCOVER music you like. Thievery Corporation is huge and it just came out of left field... I didn't even know they existed...

A 1000x this. The amount of music I've discovered thanks to the Zune Software is great. All the channels and artist bio's and related make it really easy to find music you might like. The whole Fitness Run Channels that are categorized by BPM is really cool. It's really fun that sometimes when I"m bored I just go music hunting.

RCagent on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Just wondering, are all these features on the new zune exclusively or the first gen aswell? I'm putting a few bids on ebay.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    All Zunes download the same firmware, and thus get all the "new gen" benefits.

So if you bought a Zune 30 the day it first launched, you can still do all the same shit with it that someone who buys a 120 today can do. At least, as far as I know.

The ony exception is the Zune 30 needs to have videos in a certain format for some reason.

On another note, guess who just picked up a 4gig. You're goddamn right I did.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

They don't make the 30gig anymore and it would be kind of a mute point. Many people already have mp3 players, they don't need to start bundling them together...

I'm sorry, but I can't not say something here.

The term is "moot" point.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm sorry, but I can't not say something here.

The term is "moot" point.

Right what did I-- oh.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Grammar Nazis up in hurrr.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »

There are ALREADY individual songs or albums that are exclusive. The idea of an artist or even label going exclusive isn't so far fetched, really.

The ACTUAL issue with Apple doing that is that Apple doesn't have Microsoft money. If Apple got in to a bidding war with MSoft over something that MSoft actually wanted, there really isn't any question of who would have the high bid.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. In this business, it probably isn't too much of an exaggeration to say that Microsoft has more money than God, the success/failure of Vista aside.

While I don't deny Apple's supremacy in the portable media market, I kind of wonder if they could "drive out" Zune if they wanted to. I mean--let's face it, Apple is not exactly a huge corporate conglomerate. I seriously don't think they have the resources, influence, or for that matter, sheer force of will to do anything that could potentially affect the the Zune Marketplace (now Microsoft or Sony....especially Sony...that's a different story, but then again, iTunes is pretty big).

The iPod is a big success, now doubt, but it took a while for it to become that. I think Apple's pretty comfortable with their position, and doesn't consider Zune a threat.....if they did, I think the 'best' they could do is more douchbag-ish commercials in the theme of "Hi, I'm an iPod, and I'm a Zune....". Those are pretty popular (much to my annoyance), but ultimately, they haven't really even come close to effecting the market share.

Now, on the flipside, what could Zune do? No idea, especially given Microsoft's policy of general caution rather than aggressive expansion.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Darmak wrote: »

Zeig heil!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Darmak wrote: »

seriously, some one says "mute point", they deserve to be called out.

It's not an issue of grammar or spelling. It's an issue of using " cliches" without even understanding what the individual words mean.

Evander on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh, I wasn't complaining. Just making an observation.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    "Cut off your nose to Spiderface."

Centipede Damascus on
This discussion has been closed.