Options

WH40K: DoW2 multiplayer thread. Now with more jailings!

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So swarms are out and everyone agrees chaos are boring. Tau it is!

I mean, maybe it will be dark eldar or necrons... Seriously though its Tau guys. Necrons are universally despised, I'm pretty sure even Necron TT players go home and cut themselves after a game.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sladvan wrote: »
    They should just make them all Catachans.

I think you mean Cadians with the option of a Tanith scout squad.

Also, the reason they should add Chaos before anything else is because it just isn't Warhammer, fantasy or 40k, without the ever-present threat of Chaos bearing down on you from all sides and within.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    So swarms are out and everyone agrees chaos are boring. Tau it is!

I mean, maybe it will be dark eldar or necrons... Seriously though its Tau guys. Necrons are universally despised, I'm pretty sure even Necron TT players go home and cut themselves after a game.

I think they should add dark eldar in the first expansion. That's about as good as tau.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just hope they stick to the two races per expansion model established with DC.

rts on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You'd have to really hate Tau to compare them to dark eldar.

Reluctantly I have no choice but to fight you, it's a shame we couldn't work together for the greater good.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TekDragonTekDragon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Crashmo wrote: »

Also, the reason they should add Chaos before anything else is because it just isn't Warhammer, fantasy or 40k, without the ever-present threat of Chaos bearing down on you from all sides and within.

900 energy ability:

All enemy troops inside the targeted area burst open and a demon emerges from each

TekDragon on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    I just hope they stick to the two races per expansion model established with DC.

They won't be. They've said it's cost prohibitive for them to do that. And with how shitty DC and SS were, well...

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Fuck Cadians. They're the most boring Guardsmen ever. Anything but them.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Well I'd be fine with full Tanith but we all know they would be OP.

Cadians were just my choice since they are the standard toughs of the IG, thus allowing smaller squad sizes.

I still think it would be best if all of the IG units were from different worlds, each representing with their specialized unit of choice.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Only Guard Choices:
    Steel.jpg

Steel Legion

img48651d1f0ba79.jpg
    Death Korp of Kreig

If you include the First and Only, you'll never see anyone play anything other than IG.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

They won't be. They've said it's cost prohibitive for them to do that. And with how shitty DC and SS were, well...

What the...DC was awesome. Granted, had some balance issues upon release but grouping it with SS is taking it a bit far.

That being said, I still love the Sisters of Battle. I wanna see them in the shiny new DoW 2 engine one day.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

What the...DC was awesome. Granted, had some balance issues upon release but grouping it with SS is taking it a bit far.

That being said, I still love the Sisters of Battle. I wanna see them in the shiny new DoW 2 engine one day.
    DC was like SS only without all the pre-patch balance. :wink:

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »

DC was like SS only without all the pre-patch balance.

DC was more polished, imo. Didn't seem quite as rushed as SS. I mean, SS's made a big fuss about cheaply tacked-on 'flying' units and a side nobody cares about.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

DC was more polished, imo. Didn't seem quite as rushed as SS. I mean, SS's made a big fuss about cheaply tacked-on 'flying' units and a side nobody cares about.

I always enjoy the fact that the "flying" units move like tanks only on another level.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What are the units the Falcon should avoid?

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

I always enjoy the fact that the "flying" units move like tanks only on another level.
    Welll, no, they weren't. And they weren't tacted on, but you never played SS so you wouldn't know. Everyone that did play it thought it was better than DC in everyway, but people who didn't would go on and on about how bad it was. Shut up. 8-) D:

And as a falcon? Anything that is anti-tank. Walkers, stikkbombas, rocket boys, mekboys with beamy deffguns, lootas with beamydeff guns, probably other tanks, tact marinse with missiles, devestator plasma cannon assholes (also go for every unit), assault marines, assault terminators, force commander with power fist, brightlance, falcons, banshees, warp spiders, hive tyrant, warriors, zoathroanpines, carniflexes, annnnnd d-cannons. I think that's it.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    But...But Goomba I own SS. And I played it.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Playing it once against the skirmish AI doesn't count. :D

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Played a pretty epic game not too long ago, Warboss versus Warlock, check it out if interested. Couple dumb things but it is pretty good overall I think.

rts on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Playing it once against the skirmish AI doesn't count. :D

Don't mind Goomba, he keeps reality at a safe distance.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Played a pretty epic game not too long ago, Warboss versus Warlock, check it out if interested. Couple dumb things but it is pretty good overall I think.
    Is that the one with the avatar? That one sounded like a frantic game. :zzz:

Edit: No, seriously. I know what I am talking about when I talk about DoW. SS was better than DC in every possible way. DC is in no way better than SS. You can not pick something out and say that "Yes, yes this is what DC does better." Even if you say the races were better you would somehow be wrong despite it being an opinion, DC was that bad. :!:

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    But...But I didn't say anything about SS being worse or unbalanced. I just said the flying units move weird :cry:

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    But...But I didn't say anything about SS being worse or unbalanced. I just said the flying units move weird :cry:
    This is why you don't play with fire. :(

Anyway, I really like Falcons. I can't wait for them to be nerfed into worthlessness because so many people build them!:cry:

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Anyway, I really like Falcons. I can't wait for them to be nerfed into worthlessness because so many people build them!:cry:

Odd question: Banshees got nerfed because everyone and their cousins were spamming em due to badassness. But...aren't people doing the same to ASMs?

maybe I should go find dem patch notes

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Odd question: Banshees got nerfed because everyone and their cousins were spamming em due to badassness. But...aren't people doing the same to ASMs?

I think every popular unit got nerfed and every underused unit got a buff. Or somewhat close to that.

All I know is that I am bitter that every race save Eldar can chase units down as they retreat. ASM, orks waaaaaghing, tyranid... any melee t1 unit, but not banshees. God forbid that. :v::!!:

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I think every popular unit got nerfed and every underused unit got a buff. Or somewhat close to that.

All I know is that I am bitter that every race save Eldar can chase units down as they retreat. ASM, orks waaaaaghing, tyranid... any melee t1 unit, but not banshees. God forbid that. :v::!!:

Fleet of Foot after them. Without being able to knock enemies down while retreating, melee units can generally get a few hits in, but once they've been in retreat mode for a few seconds, they achieve a speed much faster than any of the melee units.

Fleet of Footing Guardians almost match that speed, and fire on the move as well.

More units die while retreating due to absolutely retarded pathing now, rather than units actually chasing them down.

Sepah on
  • Options
    LingxorLingxor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    One of the IG heroes should be able to call in Colonel Schaeffer's Last Chancers...

Lingxor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

WAGH does cost WAGH, believe it or not at some point you have to start being conservative with using your units abilities as orks, or you will never be able to afford any of the globals. What about fleet of foot? Doesn't that move pretty fast? And also only cost energy instead of global points? Its not like orks are doing full damage on the run either.

rts on
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba, you're fucking shitting this thread up worse than what TekDragon did to the first DoW2 beta game on thread.

Jesus shut the fuck up about DC and SS and Eldar and Banshees for a while will you?

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    As Eldar, do you guys use the warp gates? I haven't used em much... I always forget, and focus on microing my units.

If so, where does one set them up? Out of sight, where the enemy isn't likely to walk by? Behind their lines?

BlackDove on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

This... is really worrying me. One of my biggest gripes with the DoW 1 series was that to be able to keep playing with my friends I had to keep buying those damn expansion packs. If they decrease it to one race per xpack, then to get all the races we had in DoW1...

Chaos
    Guard
    Necrons
    Tau
    Dark Eldar
    Sisters

6*25=150 bucks.

I can live with that, but I will grumble at every purchase.

Vic on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »
    As Eldar, do you guys use the warp gates? I haven't used em much... I always forget, and focus on microing my units.

If so, where does one set them up? Out of sight, where the enemy isn't likely to walk by? Behind their lines?

When they cost 90 might I used them all the time to the exclusion of the other abilities, they were just so damn powerful. Now though, I have to kill a lot to build them and they're more expensive to lose so I tend to build 2 or 3 at most in a 3v3. Build them in spots your opponent isn't likely to notice them, this is basicly anywhere thats not in the way of his units when he moves to and from the front line, people tend to ignore them if they have to go out of their way to kill them.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can any relic devs answer some of my questions regarding the content of the full game?

- Will there be more customizable options for unranked matches? Like increasing/decreasing the number of VP needed to win the game, resource generation rates, etc etc?

- Any chance of 4v4 or 2v2?

- How many multiplayer maps will be out in the release? I'm more looking for the 3v3 ones (since I don't like 1v1).

- Any map making tools on release?

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    CohsaeCohsae Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The problem with adding more races is that more races = more balancing issues.

Cohsae on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There will be more races

many more.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2009
    Cohsae wrote: »
    The problem with adding more races is that more races = more balancing issues.
    F'reals. Relic haven't even shown themselves capable of balancing four races yet.

[edit]I realise 'even' makes this sound like any Tom Dick or Harry could do it, which obviously isn't true, but still.

bongi on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, in case these haven't been trotted out yet, I'm going to post some snippets I have saved for some reason.
    Stop me if you've heard them before!
    Contrary to popular belief, Kharn the Betrayer was a pretty fun guy to be around during a blood-letting campaign. Sure, he'd get so wrapped up in the blood-lust that he'd butcher friend and foe alike but it's not like you didn't get a fair warning from his name or anything.

I served in the traitor guardsman legions known as the Red Rivers, because we got sent in first to soften up the positions and you could see our progress by the red river of our blood. I kept running into Kharn during one of the bigger scourging campaigns, and he wasn't dickish about the whole him being a space marine and me being killed by laser-lights or angry glances at all.

The first time I saw him, I was on perimeter patrol at one of our forward outposts, we'd just overrun a Sororitas non-militant chapel, and the Slaanesh boys were shirking their duty to go rape the sisters in a clearing near the chapel. I was watching from afar when Kharn strides up, cool as you like holding the largest stone pillar I've ever seen. I turned back and the whole fucking chapel was falling down. He'd just ripped the goddamn thing right out and was carrying it on his shoulders!

Then, if that wasn't insane enough he went and hefted this whole pillar through the air, and crushed the entire congregation of rape in the name of Slaanesh, defilers and victims all in one go.

I was just standing there dumbfounded when Kharn looked at me, as though noticing me for the first time and yet not surprised by my presence at all. He held his palm out, and I obliged him a high five. He'd earned it.

Damn well shattered every bone in my arm doing it though.

Nice guy that Kharn.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Insanity wrote: »
    So, in case these haven't been trotted out yet, I'm going to post some snippets I have saved for some reason.
    Stop me if you've heard them before!
    Contrary to popular belief, Kharn the Betrayer was a pretty fun guy to be around during a blood-letting campaign. Sure, he'd get so wrapped up in the blood-lust that he'd butcher friend and foe alike but it's not like you didn't get a fair warning from his name or anything.

I served in the traitor guardsman legions known as the Red Rivers, because we got sent in first to soften up the positions and you could see our progress by the red river of our blood. I kept running into Kharn during one of the bigger scourging campaigns, and he wasn't dickish about the whole him being a space marine and me being killed by laser-lights or angry glances at all.

The first time I saw him, I was on perimeter patrol at one of our forward outposts, we'd just overrun a Sororitas non-militant chapel, and the Slaanesh boys were shirking their duty to go rape the sisters in a clearing near the chapel. I was watching from afar when Kharn strides up, cool as you like holding the largest stone pillar I've ever seen. I turned back and the whole fucking chapel was falling down. He'd just ripped the goddamn thing right out and was carrying it on his shoulders!

Then, if that wasn't insane enough he went and hefted this whole pillar through the air, and crushed the entire congregation of rape in the name of Slaanesh, defilers and victims all in one go.

I was just standing there dumbfounded when Kharn looked at me, as though noticing me for the first time and yet not surprised by my presence at all. He held his palm out, and I obliged him a high five. He'd earned it.

Damn well shattered every bone in my arm doing it though.

Nice guy that Kharn.

My favorite is "IT'S MY DAY OFF!!!"

These make me laugh way more than they should :/

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ooo, I don't have that one, mind posting it?

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Once I stop laughing I'll have to request source.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png