As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Afro Samurai the game based on the anime based on the manga.

13»

• Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Zephos wrote: »
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    The good:

- Cutting people into various pieces is highly entertaining
    - Combat is simple to master

Overall it's an enjoyable game, it just feels like it could have been so much cooler than what it is. My biggest problem with it is that it seems rushed and somewhat unfinished, which is a shame because I was really hoping for an awesome hack and slash.

you confuse me.

Then again this coming from someone who absolutely loves the game. on my 2nd playthrough and still having a blast.

What's confusing? I'd be glad to try and explain.

I still haven't beat it. I'm at one part where I just keep getting surrounded and raped, and half the time I end up stuck on some scenery.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    its all about smartly managing focus and whatnot. (not going on because i see what you're saying)

the way some people talk about this game i almost wonder if i'm playing the same one...

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    its all about smartly managing focus and whatnot. (not going on because i see what you're saying)

the way some people talk about this game i almost wonder if i'm playing the same one...

I might just be terrible at it, true. The other half of the review team is more disposed towards this sort of game, and he likes it more than me (although we share the complaints over some of the bugs and cheap enemies).

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yeah, I mean, I agree with you there on the cheap enemies.

What system are you playing it on, if i might ask.

Zephos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    if anyone bought the Resurrection DVD, then check out the special feature on the game on disk 2, its pretty slick and i found it quite interesting.

Zephos on
  • Options
    Windowlicker77Windowlicker77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The DVD feature is really good the whole DVD is great I'm loving it. The game is fun I'm not done yet but it's a good time. Focus mode is a sweet feature makes the game really. I agree there are bugs but nothing that has stopped me from enjoying things. The gambling hall at the first part of the game is cool, top less assassins! haha go in focus and slice a boob thats my goal when I replay! You know the only that that has annoyed me is the editing or scene progression I guess you could say. I know the game is a little differant than the show but when your fighting with the swordmaster then the scene ends and Jinno is suddenly standing there it seems a little to cut up. That is a nit pick really it needs to flow a little better.

Windowlicker77 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    yeah the story is a little discombobulated.

Zephos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    wow, something the game should tell you at some point... click down both sticks and it'll show your stats.... greatly helpful for the achievement tracking hah.

Zephos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    wow, something the game should tell you at some point... click down both sticks and it'll show your stats.... greatly helpful for the achievement tracking hah.
    That would be cool except for NO TROPHIES RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Mr Pink on