Options

Best Worst Movies

• Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I also have the evil dead trilogy and Bubba Hotep.

You are a blasphemer, sir. You blaspheme. The ED trilogy was inarguably the greatest film trilogy ever produced, and, yes, I am also measuring this against the original Star Wars trilogy and LOTR.

And Bubba Hotep... I don't even know what to say to you.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009
    Dead Alive, anyone?

"I kick ass for the LORD!"

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Has anyone mentioned The Running Man?

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Seriously, Bloodsport is the best movie.

Say it! SAY IT!

m....maté

You break my record? Now I break YOU! Like I break YOUR FRIEND!

I have watched that movie so many times.

But my contribution has to be XANADU

MrMister on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I also have the evil dead trilogy and Bubba Hotep.

You are a blasphemer, sir. You blaspheme. The ED trilogy was inarguably the greatest film trilogy ever produced, and, yes, I am also measuring this against the original Star Wars trilogy and LOTR.

And Bubba Hotep... I don't even know what to say to you.

There is only one thing to say to a person like that:

Go Fuck Yourself.

Elvis is granted a hero's death thanks to Bruce. Far more noble than dying on the shitter.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    TMNTMoviePoster.jpg
    NO. This movie is awesome.

"THIS? Is family? You call THIS a family?"

I dunno, the movie works for me. A movie about a family of giant ninja turtles works.

This movie is the best movie. Period. No worst about it.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Seriously, Bloodsport is the best movie.

Say it! SAY IT!

m....maté

You break my record? Now I break YOU! Like I break YOUR FRIEND!

I have watched that movie so many times.

I like when fighters are stretching and meditating before the fight, and the bad guy just blows snot out of his nose.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    QinguQingu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Dead Alive, anyone?

"I kick ass for the LORD!"
    It's even funnier with the New Zealand accent.

Qingu on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Bill Cosby rode an ostrich in Leonard Part 6. By all accounts, we shouldn't have survived 1987.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4bk776a-0
    That was actually kind of awesome. The idea that a restuarant kitchen is so chaotic somebody could be firing off automatic weapons and nobody would notice seems strangely true-to-life.

You just praised Leonard Part 6. I think that's a $500 fine minimum in most states.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't know if this is the best worst movie ever, but it sure as hell ranks.

Here is a particularly surreal scene where Robin Williams catches his disembodied head with a butterfly net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5zVbzWgByk

Sliver on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Has Gymkata been mentioned?

THE THRILL OF GYMNASTICS. THE KILL OF KARATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roa2TPDGKiU

That's not even the best part. I like near the beginning of the film where the dude is showing Kurt Thomas around Parmistan (LOL) saying, "There's a lot of anti-american sentiment here in Parmistan" *ARROW TO THE CHEST*

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh my goodness, John Carpenter's THEY LIVE.

If you thought Big Trouble in Little China was bad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqKFadyJxwg

In this movie, WWF-star Rowdy Roddy Piper's character finds special glasses that reveal the world as it truly is—overrun by evil aliens posing as humans, advertising and billboards riddled with menacing subtexts ordering you to OBEY, etc.

In the above scene, Rowdy Roddy Piper has a friend, and he understandably wants this friend to try on these glasses to see what he is talking about. The friend refuses, and they brutally, inexplicably fight each other for like five fucking minutes.

Qingu on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Macera wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned The Running Man?

Sub Zero?

NOW

PLAIN ZERO

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Woah now I love the ED trilogy and Bubba Hotep, no need to get all mad at me now. Bruce is even my favorite actor but I'm pretty sure you all know they're slapstick b-movie goodness?

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Arthil wrote: »
    Got a couple here that I recall fondly, think one got mentioned already but no one put up a video for it!

The Last Starfighter
    A movie that I could never get enough of, considering I was really into video games at the time it was almost like a young nerds wet dream.

Flight of the Navigator

Oh my god, this has got to be one of my favorite movies growing up. I will admit I'm not sure whether this is a so bad it's good movie, heck to me over half the movies in this thread are outright awesome, I just wanted to post this here cause of the awesomeness D:.

Maybe I liked the movie a bit too much...

Neither of those movies are badgood, they are just good.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The best worst movie is a movie called Undefeatable. Seriously you guys need to watch it. It's incredibly bad, but so bad it's good.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Qingu wrote: »

If you thought Big Trouble in Little China was bad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqKFadyJxwg

In this movie, WWF-star Rowdy Roddy Piper's character finds special glasses that reveal the world as it truly is—overrun by evil aliens posing as humans, advertising and billboards riddled with menacing subtexts ordering you to OBEY, etc.

In the above scene, Rowdy Roddy Piper has a friend, and he understandably wants this friend to try on these glasses to see what he is talking about. The friend refuses, and they brutally, inexplicably fight each other for like five fucking minutes.

WHAT?! You'd call that movie good/bad? I'd say it's pure fucking awesome. The fight scene alone is worth the price of admission. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    As long as we're talking Raimi, does The Quick and The Dead qualify?

It had Russell Crowe before he was Russell Crowe, Leonardo DiCaprio before he was Leonardo DiCaprio.
    Gene Hackman, Lance Henrikson, Sharon Stone.

The only thing it was missing was Bruce Campbell and Raimi's 1973 Oldsmobile Delta Royale.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm really surprised no one has brought up this movie yet:

BEST OF THE BEST

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    The best worst movie is a movie called Undefeatable. Seriously you guys need to watch it. It's incredibly bad, but so bad it's good.

All I've ever seen is that one fight scene (and I've posted it for [chat] a couple times) but it's epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Oh hell yeah, Killer Klowns. Awesome horrible movie.

Wicker Man was just plain old bad, though.

Which version? The 70s version had all this unnecessary nudity that was common around that time, which made watching it a little more bearable.

Hold up, the original Wicker Man is a bad movie?

Since when?

An awful lot of it was boring and slow paced, the mystery about the missing girl was pretty well telegraphed, and the main character was such an abrasive moralizer that I wasn't sad at the way the movie ended.

The point is kind of that his staunch moral uprightness is what gets him killed in the end. It's slow-paced because it helps build up the atmosphere.

And damnit now I feel compelled to dig out my old film studies notes.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    jeepguy wrote: »

All I've ever seen is that one fight scene (and I've posted it for [chat] a couple times) but it's epic.

Oh God... It's even better when you see the movie. It's SO funny that she can do a backflip with a broken arm.

urahonky on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I host Bad Movie Nights at my place periodically where I get old college friends together to watch some of the best of the worst, and it please me to see that most of our greatest hits are already mentioned here. It does not get much better than Bloodsport, Flash Gordon, They Live, Big Trouble in Little China, and Zardoz. Though Point Break and Roadhouse are both so far up there that it is not acceptable to mention Mr. Swayze without calling him "Patrick Fuckin Swayze" on a Bad Movie Night. The man has earned it.

All-time favorite though? Crank. Easily. Best bad movie over. Eminently quotable, gleefully over the top, an absurdly great concept...what's not to like? :lol:

Most disappointing selection ever: Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. Sounds great, but isn't good bad, it's just bad. So boring that I went to sleep and told my friends to wake me up when the movie ended or they couldn't take any more and decided to leave - whichever came first.

Missing from the selections thus far: Slither. Great B-movie quality horror movie with Nathan Fillion as Sheriff Bill Pardy, an invasion of alien slugs that take over people's bodies, and Michael Rooker as the first to encounter the slithering little beasties. Like most of my favorite bad movies, it features a host of quality lines.

Not nearly as good as the rest but still enjoyable: DoA - The Movie. Not the Miike title mentioned previously, but the action movie based on the video game fighting series. A popular title all the way around with my usual suspects for the utter silliness at times, and the eye candy. Eric Roberts as the main villain, a true indicator of a bad movie with potential if ever there was one. Well, aside from the combination of Patrick Fuckin Swayze and action movies.

Ketar on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009
    jeepguy wrote: »

Oh God... It's even better when you see the movie. It's SO funny that she can do a backflip with a broken arm.

That's not actually a woman, right? That's a dude in drag?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

WHAT?! You'd call that movie good/bad? I'd say it's pure fucking awesome. The fight scene alone is worth the price of admission. :)

RRP and Frank are fighting cuz Frank refuses to wear the glasses! It's about as inexplicable as Humphry Bogart telling whats-her-face to get on that damned plane.

This movie is a classic and you are a bad man. Not you, honk.y

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    RRP and Frank are fighting cuz Frank refuses to wear the glasses! It's about as inexplicable as Humphry Bogart telling whats-her-face to get on that damned plane.
    I would not repeatedly pile-drive someone into cement for refusing to wear glasses.

Nor would I repeatedly pile-drive someone into cement for trying to make me put on glasses.

I'm trying to think of a more inexplicable fight scene and the closest I can come is that part in Kung Fu Hustle where the three warriors randomly decide to fight each other. Incidentally, should Kung Fu Hustle be on here?

Qingu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't think so, Qingu. Kung Fu Hustle isn't a Best Worst movie, it's a Best Best movie.

The Raging Platypus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't think so, Qingu. Kung Fu Hustle isn't a Best Worst movie, it's a Best Best movie.
    Yeah, it's probably too self-aware to qualify.

Qingu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm wondering if Shaolin Soccer would qualify, but I think it's just as self-aware as Kung Fu Hustle.

Aww fuck it, I just want an excuse to youtube Shaolin Soccer clips.

The Raging Platypus on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Besides they didn't really randomly start fighting, probably more a mix of honor and curiosity with how well their technique fairs against their former neighbors.

What?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    GUYS. Why has no one mentioned The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension yet? If you enjoyed John Lithgow in 3rd Rock from the Sun, you ain't seen nothing yet.

This movie features, among other things :

-Peter Weller
    -Jeff Goldblum
    -Characters named Perfect Tommy and John Bigboote (pronounced BigBooty and played by Christopher Lloyd)
    -Unintelligible technobabble that makes zero sense, but in the best way
    -John Lithgow in perhaps his most out-there role EVER.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhANgjGLDsE&feature=related

I feel bad for Gene Kelly.

Also, when they say "it's a love story about a boy and a girl from two very different worlds..." they're referring to the fact that Michael Beck plays a starving artist, and Olivia Newton John plays a mythical creature from ancient greece.

MrMister on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I'm wondering if Shaolin Soccer would qualify, but I think it's just as self-aware as Kung Fu Hustle.
    Dude, Shaolin Soccer has the 'Evil Team' who get not only roided up by, but exude demonic smoke after being pumped full of 'american medicine.' That is just too damn awesome.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I enjoy Bloodsport for Forest Whittaker's breath taking portrayal of a young black professional.

And Asians on steroids.

I hope you're not impugning the godly physique of Bolo Yeung.

Anywho...I have to take exception to some movies that have been mentioned in here.

1.) Dragonslayer - Not a bad movie. It has the best classic medieval wizard (Sir Ralph Richardson, deft with the Latin), and hands down the best dragon ever put on film.

2.) The Adventures of Baron Munchausen - Even if the acting wasn't good and the special effects weren't better than anything we deserve, it has a young naked Uma Thurman. Game, set, match.

3.) Masters of the Universe - I don't know, this might just be bad bad. Even when I was a kid, I saw this and thought "This bears almost no resemblance to the cartoon, and is poorer for it." I mean, since when did Skeletor have Stormtroopers?

Brian888 on
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Story of Ricky Oh reminds us all that the best way to put down a prison riot is to cave someone's head in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Sptdhpa8A

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Funny, I was considering posting something about Riki-Oh until I found all those Manos videos.

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bloods End wrote: »
    TMNTMoviePoster.jpg
    NO. This movie is awesome.

"THIS? Is family? You call THIS a family?"

I dunno, the movie works for me. A movie about a family of giant ninja turtles works.

This movie is the best movie. Period. No worst about it.

"If these guys were lumberjacks" <dodge> "The only thing in the forest that would be safe" <dodge> "Would be the trees!"

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

This is why Tropic Thunder doesn't qualify either. God I love that movie.

"It's just corn syrup!!" Tastes it. "Bloody...tasting corn syrup."

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    "Warm...blood-tasting corn syrup."

Gabriel_Pitt on