As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

By hook or by [chat]

1404142434446»

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Please never use made up sci fi swear words please
    Frak you, cylon

EDIT: Goddammit sark

Hah hah, frak you too! I win!

I think she meant Gods damnit.

FUN FACT: Michael Hogan improvised a "Jesus!" during the miniseries and none of the producers caught it. So apparently the Colonies had an important dude named Jesus too!

Jesus!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    A Knight's Tale is awesome.
    It really isn't

The guy that wrote it was a speaker at my college graduation though

It really is. :x

Organichu on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I SAW THAT POST AND WAS AGREEING WITH YOU! DON'T THINK I DIDN'T!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Should I read a chapter of Watchmen before I sleep?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090227/NEWS0107/902270346/1055/NEWS

huh

I think this is icky

But I don't know that I think there should be a legal penalty for doing something like this. It's a victimless crime.

It's emotionally distressing to the victim's family. They won't necessarily find out about it, but anything that is done to the body should be indicated to the family, and so this would have to be indicated as well, resulting in distress.

I mean it basically comes down to who "owns" the body. That guy certainly doesn't. Does the morgue or some other government agency own the body now? Why not the family? They'd be the ones paying for the funeral services.

That is pretty damn sick. I don't know what this guy is being charged with legally, but I firmly believe that respect for the dead is central to having respect for life, and that respecting cultural traditions WRT funeral services are how we cope with our own mortality, both as individuals and as a society. This just... offends me on every level.

The man is a rapist. Throw the fucking book at him.

I wouldn't call him a rapist, or say that those bodies were rape victims, because you cannot attribute the same emotional trauma that rape victims suffer to these bodies. It's impossible. By broadening the scope of what rape is I feel like you would lose focus on what's important, namely the people who are alive who have been raped and are suffering for it. The only people who have legal recourse in this case because of their distress are the families of the victim. I can't accuse him of rape simply because I'm sickened by his actions.

My point is, calling him a rapist and his actions rape "devalues" the word of its very serious meaning.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Should I read a chapter of Watchmen before I sleep?

Yes.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I successfully found a drinker. It is now burgertime. Because I can have a half-pound bacon cheeseburger delivered.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't think I would care if my body was raped after I was dead

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009
    Today was a good day.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Man I've got to relax my diet more often. As it is they're spaced too far apart and they tear up my stomach whenever I have them.

Organichu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    dots I totally take back what I said about steph

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My friend's place is totally awesome; too bad (for me) she's moving out for a cheaper rent.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Steph is going to be great for the C's, yeah

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Goodnight!

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Saturno_devorando_a_sus_hijos.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What the fuck, Elki. What the fuck.

James on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hell is Hell.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    that painting is so fucked up

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hair doesn't bleed!

James on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I hope I don't get the thread. I don't want it.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Goya is a cool dude alright

Proto on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    shoots!

Proto on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    20040726h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    There are other things to do at this convention, like finding out what the next Star Wars movie is called or seeing a preview of the Firefly movie, but we wouldn't know - we're in the dealer room pretty much the whole time. Con attendees know perfectly well what dangers exist in there, such as the dangers of buying expensive bullshit with your food money, and that's why they leave it from time to time. Imagine some depraved Vegas invention which could, in a single iteration of its evil purpose, obliterate your savings and replace the real artifacts of your life with convincing replicas of the sword from Lord of the Rings. This is not some dark fantasy. This is something that can actually happen, if you lack the cunning to contend with the treacherous dealer room and its huckster denizens.

Eventually, "Having To Go To The Bathroom" was the useful lie, the gaudy pavilion beneath which all manner of commercial acts were committed. Right about the time I had assembled a search party and sent them into the stalls, that fuckface would emerge from a crowd dressed entirely as a Tusken Raider or some other occupant of the Star Wars bestiary, shrugging his hairy Wampa shoulders in a science fiction approximation of our human gesture. I won't lie to you, I'm not entirely without fault - I snuck out to the Alien Hominid and WizKids booths and, heaped high with goods like the tines of a forklift, navigated the convention over a dense knot of merchandise.

In years past, the girls that came by the booth to talk to us were largely here on some kind of surgical, get in, get out type mission - they had typically been sent by their boyfriends to obtain a sketch of the "fruit robot." That was absolutely not the case this year. In fact, girls would approach the booth with boyfriends who were not readers, and they could be heard defining the odd cosmology of Penny Arcade in a hushed voice. I found this phenomenon mystifying. We do not go out of our way to make our site overtly hostile to women, our robotic rapists notwithstanding, but at the same time we are not women ourselves and have our own interests we tend to indulge in this space. At any rate, welcome aboard. It is good to have you.

I wanted to apologize to everyone who attended the Syndication panel on Sunday, at least, apologize to those who survived that guy from The Norm's fucking interminable sermons. He was so boring that I literally thought I would die if he didn't shut up. Maybe his strip is the bee's knees, I honestly don't care, but I have serious doubts regarding that man's ability to evoke joy.

Like all old people, he is convinced that his suffering is somehow more genuine, his wisdom more relevant, or his victories more enduring than those of younger people. Things got underway with Gabe saying that syndication was "worthless," and things degenerated from there. The Social Entropy forum tried to interject some lighthearted amusement into those dire proceedings, but the deck was stacked against them. The man absorbs and annihilates humor.

(CW)TB out.

we'll all float on

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.