Options

Team Fortress 2: Sandman becomes Nerfbat, Scouts become Emos

• Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh hey, talk of another tournament that I won't be able to play in because all of you are jerks. How *yawn* exciting.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PM ASIINA FOR THE NEXT HIGHLANDER TOURNEY! MAKE SURE TO LIST YOUR STEAM:ID, PREFERRED CLASSES, AND TIMES AVAILABLE!!!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It really, really is. I've been wanting to play other classes lately so I don't get rusty with them, and every time I do we start losing horribly. And then I switch to medic, and two ubers later we've won. It isn't an incredibly complex class. Keep yourself safe, heal hurt teammates, heal teammates likely to be hurt, fight spies/scouts/pyros so they know you aren't an easy kill, tell the best suited class to go go go, uber them, and repeat until you've won.

I've gotten to the point where I just accept the fact that we are gonna lose rather than switch to medic just out of [strike]principle[/strike] spite, if I feel like shooting rather than healing.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    who's belty?

and i have a hard time deciding between the kruber soldier and kruber demo
    i mean.. the soldier is like guaranteed some quality kills - shit can still go wrong with a demo

soldier is great for a frontal assault because its instant damage and people freak out. demo is harder because you have to keep them alive long enough to det the stickies so its more situational. you cant just run in there like you would with a soldier/heavy

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh hey, talk of another tournament that I won't be able to play in because all of you are jerks. How *yawn* exciting.

why

tofu on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    who's belty?

i mean.. the soldier is like guaranteed some quality kills - shit can still go wrong with a demo

I hate being ubered as a soldier, but love being krubered. The start of Dustbowl on defense is my favourite spot for it, especially when BLU forgets there are other exits from their spawn.

elevature on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PM ASIINA FOR THE NEXT HIGHLANDER TOURNEY! MAKE SURE TO LIST YOUR STEAM:ID, PREFERRED CLASSES, AND TIMES AVAILABLE!!!

alternatively post in this forum, something to the effect of:

MOOOOMAAAAN ISSS REEEAAADDYYY

she loves that

hot damn - leavin' work early to throw down some SF4
    will be playing tuftoo when i become too drunk to hadouken.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    who's belty?

soldier is great for a frontal assault because its instant damage and people freak out. demo is harder because you have to keep them alive long enough to det the stickies so its more situational. you cant just run in there like you would with a soldier/heavy

Stickies? Real mean use pipes. 8-)

tofu on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    who's belty?

belty is the man

one time we were on a half empty map and we were sniper humpin

he had to run off cause people weren't playing ball

his explanation? 'evasive humping maneuvers'

what a man

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    tofu wrote: »

why

"We can plan these matches so that Americans play in the afternoon and Europeans play at night, OR we can plan these matches so that Americans play at night and Europeans play at 3 am. Yeah let's go with the latter, that sounds like a great idea!"

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    who's belty?

He's a pal of mine who sometimes plays on the PA servers. Very good demoman. His avatar is a bear shouting spy and has gone by names like Country Music, Scizzenbuch and Clodhopper (his PA name) before.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Another tournament would be awesome. I had to miss the last one.

I'll practice medic furiously.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

why

"We can plan these matches so that Americans play in the afternoon and Europeans play at night, OR we can plan these matches so that Americans play at night and Europeans play at 3 am. Yeah let's go with the latter, that sounds like a great idea!"

thats when you crazy fucks play anyway. its easier to stay up late than to get off work to play a videogame :P

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dustbowl, seriously?

I agree that the Needlegun could use a bit more usefulness. The Blutsager is crazy good vs scouts. A good medic can absolutely hose me over if I screw up. Not to say that it is overpowered or anything, just very useful.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

why

Move to America.

Or stay up later.

Unfortunately a lot of us americans have something called work or school during the day.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

why

Looks like someone picked the wrong time zone.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

why

U
    S
    A

U
    S
    A

good christ that thing is huge
    800px-USA_Flag_Map.svg.png

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009

why

Move to America.

Or stay up later.

Unfortunately a lot of us americans have something called work or school during the day.

Yes that is why these tournaments were planned during holidays, or with matches only on weekends. Still didn't matter!

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

why

Move to America.

Or stay up later.

Us Europeans have something called sleep during the night.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

why

Hey I am closer to Universal Time than you are mister, you are the deviant here.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You guys are missing the point. We don't care about europe!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

why

Move to America.

Or stay up later.

Us Europeans have something called sleep during the night.
    What barbarism.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Unfortunately the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the euros.

edit: Quaz has hit the proverbial nail on the head.

tofu on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

why

U
    S
    A

U
    S
    A

good christ that thing is huge
    800px-USA_Flag_Map.svg.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYfvDCSWu3s

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I am being facetious, I hope you guys know. In all honesty, it would be nice if we could somehow get the tourney to happen during a time anyone could feasibly play. I'm just not exactly sure how, except by making all the matches take place over the weekends. Even then that's not really feasible to a lot of us.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You guys are missing the point. We don't care about europe!

Which is why I called you jerks in my original post. It's the ciiiiiircle, the ciiiiiiircle of liiiiiiife :whistle:

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I am being facetious, I hope you guys know. In all honesty, it would be nice if we could somehow get the tourney to happen during a time anyone could feasibly play. I'm just not exactly sure how, except by making all the matches take place over the weekends. Even then that's not really feasible to a lot of us.

we could always have divisions. like east/west/euro and then do a round robin for the championship

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How do these tournaments work? Could there be a NA bracket and an EU bracket or something, and then have the finals on a weekend?

edit: beat'd.

elevature on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

we could always have divisions. like east/west/euro and then do a round robin for the championship

That would work, I think. We should do that. CHOP CHOP ASIINA

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Remember when Europe had an unofficial team for the Highlander tournament, that could then play the winner of the US tournament? And then the US winners never bothered actually responding when that team wanted to plan the match? Good times, good times.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    splashsplash Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    splash wrote: »
    It's sad that no server does full rotation anymore because look at all the decent maps: badlands, dustbowl, fastlane, granary, gravel pit, steel, well, 2fort, badwater, goldrush.

Great variety.

Hate servers today.

We play all those maps on the PA servers.

Nice, I'm going to have to go there. Yesterday I played on a 30-man rotation server just to get Steel and the experience was pretty awful. On a team of 15 people I was the only guy using the alternate routes. It was probably the first time in 6 months that I joined a 30/32 man server. I picked soldier first and immediately got a new kill record. It really did feel like this is where the dumb players gravitate towards.
    McAllen wrote: »
    I need to hear positive points about Granary and Well. Don't know about Granary, but Well was an awesome TFC map, and I feel like there needs to be a custom one designed closer to Classic's. If there is it must suck.

The smaller TFC_Well in TF2 does the job compared to CP_Well. The one major improvement they forgot was to redesign the water entrance.
    Arkan wrote: »
    semi-reverse CTF maps where you grab the flag in one part of the enemy base and capture it somewhere else in their base (like rock2)

Rock2 was my favorite map in TFC.

Hell, I just want a map with that "when you cap the flag, the enemy base is flooded with poison gas" gimmick. It was always fun hearing the alarms go off and scrambling for the very limited supply of biohazard suits.

Haha I forgot about the whole gas aspect and having to get suits. There was indeed some simply fun mechanics in TFC.

splash on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If there are enough europeans to have a EU division, then we should do that.

Whos gonna organize this? Asiina?

Good idea.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Remember when Europe had an unofficial team for the Highlander tournament, that could then play the winner of the US tournament? And then the US winners never bothered actually responding when that team wanted to plan the match? Good times, good times.

Sounds smart on their part. They won by default!
    Because they are americans.
    And your a pee-in
    Hurr
    '

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's sad that no server does full rotation anymore because look at all the decent maps: badlands, dustbowl, fastlane, granary, gravel pit, steel, well, 2fort, badwater, goldrush.

Great variety.

Hate servers today.

We play all those maps on the PA servers.

Nice, I'm going to have to go there. Yesterday I played on a 30-man rotation server just to get Steel and the experience was pretty awful. On a team of 15 people I was the only guy using the alternate routes. It was probably the first time in 6 months that I joined a 30/32 man server. I picked soldier first and immediately got a new kill record. It really did feel like this is where the dumb players gravitate towards.
    McAllen wrote: »
    I need to hear positive points about Granary and Well. Don't know about Granary, but Well was an awesome TFC map, and I feel like there needs to be a custom one designed closer to Classic's. If there is it must suck.

The smaller TFC_Well in TF2 does the job compared to CP_Well. The one major improvement they forgot was to redesign the water entrance.
    Arkan wrote: »
    semi-reverse CTF maps where you grab the flag in one part of the enemy base and capture it somewhere else in their base (like rock2)

Rock2 was my favorite map in TFC.

Hell, I just want a map with that "when you cap the flag, the enemy base is flooded with poison gas" gimmick. It was always fun hearing the alarms go off and scrambling for the very limited supply of biohazard suits.

Haha I forgot about the whole gas aspect and having to get suits. There was indeed some simply fun mechanics in TFC.

Rock2 exists in TF2, but it needs to be rebalanced for the new class characteristics/lack of grenades.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yeah, I remember that.

If we could just remember the teams, maybe we can still have our match, lol.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yeah, I remember that.

by that time i think everyone was pretty burnt out

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is trolling the official forums wrong of me? The people are just so friggin' gullible I can't pull myself away from it. I'll probably get banned eventually, but until then...

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yeah, I remember that.

by that time i think everyone was pretty burnt out

Well the match would have been planned to be a couple of weeks after the tournament, but we didn't even get a response, let alone an actual match.

I hope everybody can see why my heart is all aflutter at the prospect of seeing all this discussion about a potential next tournament in this thread, it is all so very exciting!

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    savoo if worst comes to worst you and i will have a tournament of 1v1

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    savoo if worst comes to worst you and i will have a tournament of 1v1

Now that's what I call a true highlander tournament!

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.