nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This show has gotten so damn predictable

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    fireside wrote:
    [spoiler:66a4d6131c]Oh man, the Bauer family is so hardcore.[/spoiler:66a4d6131c]

No no. They're

[spoiler:66a4d6131c]post-hardcore.[/spoiler:66a4d6131c]

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ikillkennyikillkenny Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Blah.

Most of the episode was enjoyable, but there were a few things that totally ruined it for me.

First,
    [spoiler:5b8859eb06]God damnit was that Moris thing predictable. I don't see how anyone didn't see that coming for at least an hour. At least Moris is an interesting character, so they may have somewhere to go with the kidnapping thing.[/spoiler:5b8859eb06]

Next,
    [spoiler:5b8859eb06]"Hey CTU agent, mind if I [the president of a company that lost a fucking nuke earlier today and cost 12,000 lives a few hours ago] go talk to my son alone? I mean my son only just confessed to being FUCKING RESPONSIBLE FOR KILLING PRESIDENT DAVID PALMER and Tony and Michelle. He's obviously not a big security threat, right?"[/spoiler:5b8859eb06]

On the positive side
    [spoiler:5b8859eb06]First Sister had barely any screen time, and it looks like a lot of that terrible story arc may be done. And Wayne actually seemed David-like in his speech to the Cabinet at the end.

Also, when Jack busted into Gream's house, it was fucking hilarious. Same thing when his dad gave him that look when Jack was flipping out.[/spoiler:5b8859eb06]

Overall, I really wish this season would be more consistent. Either get so terrible that I can't bring myself to watch it anymore, or get the season back on track to where it's good again.

ikillkenny on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Seriously why didn't he just [spoiler:a500093a9f] let Jack kill him. Would've been less suspicious [/spoiler:a500093a9f]

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    firesidefireside Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seriously why didn't he just [spoiler:b09a6a7778] let Jack kill him. Would've been less suspicious [/spoiler:b09a6a7778]
    But what about the exposition?!

fireside on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seriously why didn't he just [spoiler:d335a72886] let Jack kill him. Would've been less suspicious [/spoiler:d335a72886]
    [spoiler:d335a72886] cause then jack wouldnt spend the rest of the day feeling terrible for killing his own brother, cause you know despite the whole confession about killing everyone hes ever loved, jack was crying on the inside [/spoiler:d335a72886]

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    dlinfiniti wrote:
    Seriously why didn't he just [spoiler:d4b302d83d] let Jack kill him. Would've been less suspicious [/spoiler:d4b302d83d]
    [spoiler:d4b302d83d] cause then jack wouldnt spend the rest of the day feeling terrible for killing his own brother, cause you know despite the whole confession about killing everyone hes ever loved, jack was crying on the inside [/spoiler:d4b302d83d]

Yeah. What a pussy

Al_wat on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The enjoyment of 24 is now how ridiculous it is. Having watched from series one, its become more on a in-joke that we get. How far can they push the silly.

I mean seriously:
    [spoiler:e338eefcb9]They let someone torture their own family? Even when there are other agents present that could have done it?[/spoiler:e338eefcb9]

You cant let it ruin things for you... its all part of the fun. I mean, anyone seen how fast Jack can get places now? The whole "realtime" element went out the window a few series' ago...

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I lol'd when Bill calls and is all like, "Jack are you all right?"
    And Jack's like, "I'm fine but all the agents are dead."
    "Ah. That's good. How's your family?"

Something to that effect.

Happens all the time, but still, it made me laugh.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I lol'd when Bill calls and is all like, "Jack are you all right?"
    And Jack's like, "I'm fine but all the agents are dead."
    "Ah. That's good. How's your family?"

Something to that effect.

Happens all the time, but still, it made me laugh.
    That gave me a chuckle as well. It's like, "Oh, all the field agents are dead? Well, we expected that, so no big deal. At least you're okay, Jack."

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Seriosuly anyone who works with jack in the field should start wearing a red Starfleet uniform

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    In Bill's defense, had those other agents been proven incapable of making a bad choice? Of being so right that it transcends the laws of science and probability? OF SAVING THE UNITED STATES FIVE TIMES NOW!?

I think not.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:0f630b354d]So I was actually a little bit sad when Graem was murdered by his own father. He really didn't seem happy.

Also, yes, it was fucking awesome when Jack busted into Graem's house. His son's like "oh man, you guys fight all the time. I hate this family" and then 10 agents bust through the doors and windows and fireplace.[/spoiler:0f630b354d]

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I really liked the most recent episode, jack hugging his brother while torturing him was an interesting moment, followed up by devestation at grahams confession.

Glad to see Palmer stepping up to be a good pres, I hope they don't try and do a vp power play like in season 2, it appears thats where they are heading.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Jack with a shotgun ftw!!!
    I really enjoyed that part of the most recent episode.

Edit: We don't have spoiler tags anymore?

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hamju wrote: »
    Jack with a shotgun ftw!!!
    I really enjoyed that part of the most recent episode.

Edit: We don't have spoiler tags anymore?
    Yeah, that was pretty awesome. And apparently they spoiler tags aren't working yet, so we'll have to be careful with the spoilers for now. Although really, anyone coming into this thread should be expecting it.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    No idea if this has been posted yet, but you guys should get a kick out of this.

Went back and read through all of them. Amused me.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That site is amazing.

Milo (101)
    -Showed us all that if things don’t work out at CTU, he definitely has a future driving UPS trucks like a freaking madman (+10)

So true. He drove like a champion. I didn't like Milo until that scene.

Snork on
  • Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Snork wrote: »
    That site is amazing.

Milo (101)
    -Showed us all that if things don’t work out at CTU, he definitely has a future driving UPS trucks like a freaking madman (+10)

So true. He drove like a champion. I didn't like Milo until that scene.

huge face, huge car

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    who was that guy at the end?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    who was that guy at the end?
    President from last season

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for the that - this is actually the first time I've had a chance to watch 24.

One question...has Chloe been in all of the other seasons? And is she just as annoying?

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    She's calmed down alot. Also Jack's father's totally Batman.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SynonymousSynonymous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    One question...has Chloe been in all of the other seasons? And is she just as annoying?

She debuts in season 3. She's more obnoxious in her early episodes, believe it or not.

Synonymous on
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Killing off Tony was the worst mistake ever.

And Michelle. I miss the 'old guard' CTU.

That said Bill Buchanan is a fucking badass. He doesn't do ANYTHING AT ALL yet still looks like he could rip your throat out.

I hate Chloe. Shes so whiny.

I assume they couldnt get Donald Sutherland for contractual reasons. If he played Jacks Dad it would have been literally 100 times more awesome.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    i don't understand Jack Dad's Motivation...
    so not getting in prison is an excuse for willing to kill both your own sons AND your grandson? i don't believe that. the Motivation that he loves his country is just not doing it for me... Can you love your country more than your own flesh n blood? not that i want 24 to be a realistic show, but for now at least the character motivations were real...

seriously, the whole idea of the family twist sounded lame from the beginning and so far it IS lame...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    Christ PuncherChrist Puncher Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    His motivation is to save his empire.

"No one's death is more important than the destruction of everything I've built"

Christ Puncher on
    Wii friend code: 7549 1748 0857 1681

XBL: Slimebucato
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    His motivation is to save his empire.

"No one's death is more important than the destruction of everything I've built"

yes, i heard that line but wtf. what can be so important? i still hope the writer's are building up something so big to justify that, but i can't image what that could be.

so far, i am really dissapointed in this season, and i am a major 24 fan...
    Logan
    gives me hope, tough.

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh, man this just keeps getting better...
    When jack has to make the call (again) saying that his team is dead, so he needs more men... And then when her gets asked where he's going - he replies "Trust me, its personal"

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Fallingman wrote: »
    Oh, man this just keeps getting better...
    When jack has to make the call (again) saying that his team is dead, so he needs more men... And then when her gets asked where he's going - he replies "Trust me, its personal"

jump_the_shark.jpg

shark.gif

kiefer.jpg

seriously:
    for me the show jumped the shark last episode. it started with the whole "brother and father out of nowhere" storyline. But his father letting jack alive after he killed his LOYAL other son and kidnapping his grandson is just not believable any more. - Jack is the only guy right now who means harm to him - CTU doesn't even know about him being involved yet because of Jacks "it's personal" move... So now they really jumped a whole pool full of sharks...

And i REALLY loved this show and tolerated a lot of stuff... but meh, if they don't pull some major ass kicking explanations soon, i fear this will be the worst season ever. And hey, the first 4 episodes were killer...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    But you were cool with them setting off a Nuke in Cali right?

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    But you were cool with them setting off a Nuke in Cali right?

jup, that was totally 24 style and a-ok. i mean, it's not that this idea is very unrealistic to begin with. all you need is some plutonium and internet acess to get some manuals on "nuke building for dummys"

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    jup, that was totally 24 style and a-ok.

Yeah, there are some things you have to let slide:

Jack being able to take down a truck-load of terrorists with a handgun?
    (Hell yeah)
    Super speed 4x4's that can transport lead characters across LA in seconds?
    (I'd be bored without them)
    CTU's insanely lax vetting procedure for internall staff?
    (keeps me on my toes)
    State condoned torture?
    (U-S-A! U-S-A!)
    Minorities = Terrorists?
    (well, a few of them are ok! So, its not racist...)

But this last season seems to just be a parody of itself...

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    24 jumped the shark in season 2 with the mountain lion. It somehow managed to forcibly unjump itself later on.

That being said, bringing the family into it is a blatant sign they're running out of ideas.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Fallingman wrote: »
    jup, that was totally 24 style and a-ok.

Yeah, there are some things you have to let slide:

Jack being able to take down a truck-load of terrorists with a handgun?
    (Hell yeah)
    Super speed 4x4's that can transport lead characters across LA in seconds?
    (I'd be bored without them)
    CTU's insanely lax vetting procedure for internall staff?
    (keeps me on my toes)
    State condoned torture?
    (U-S-A! U-S-A!)
    Minorities = Terrorists?
    (well, a few of them are ok! So, its not racist...)

But this last season seems to just be a parody of itself...

hey, 24 is like a comic, you have to accept the laws of the universe (Jack Bauer == Uberhero) - i am not talking about realism in general, i am talking about character motivation... and his dad is just not very believable, even in the 24 universe.

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    for me the show jumped the shark last episode. it started with the whole "brother and father out of nowhere" storyline. But his father letting jack alive after he killed his LOYAL other son and kidnapping his grandson is just not believable any more. - Jack is the only guy right now who means harm to him - CTU doesn't even know about him being involved yet because of Jacks "it's personal" move... So now they really jumped a whole pool full of sharks...

In the show's defense, Daddy doesn't know that CTU is acting on his own. And I don't think it's terribly unrealistic for him to allow Jack to live, given that Jack is actually a good person, and he seems to recognize this. Yes, Graham was loyal, but he was also a complete dick, so there was probably no bond between them outside of "You're good for business and probably won't fuck me over."

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think the whole family thing is leading somewhere.

Despite the fact that all 3 Bauers look absolutely nothing like each other, they just dont even resemble a family.

I think his father has something he knows about though. Willing to kill his 2 sons and his grandson for 'his empire'. It is totally something much more important than that.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The grandson looks like Jack
    OMG

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    The grandson looks like Jack
    OMG

yes. i feared that already. and given the deep looks last ep between Jack and Nathan Patrellis wife i think we will get to that triple shark jump very soon. and i bet he will be kidnapped! oh wait, we already had that...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Jragghen wrote: »
    24 jumped the shark in season 2 with the mountain lion. It somehow managed to forcibly unjump itself later on.

That being said, bringing the family into it is a blatant sign they're running out of ideas.

It's kind of reassuring that no matter how many thousands of people and government agents die everytihng is always about Jack Bauers personal life.

nexuscrawler on