As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual Twilight Drinking Tournament (APRIL FOOLS)

Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in PAX Archive
twilightlogo.png

The following takes place in the sleepy town of Forks, Washington.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIwPxUqSCKY
Three rival factions are at war here: !The House of Cullen, !The Quileute Tribe, and !The Volturi. Each one wanting to snuff the others out and establish their dominance over this town turned war zone. This is where you come in. Take up arms against your enemies and choose your allegiance. Complete the drinking tasks given to you by your leader to lead your faction to victory!

All theatrics aside, I'd like to welcome you all to attend The Second Annual Twilight Drinking Tournament! For those of you who attended the (surprisingly) successful First Annual Twilight Drinking Tournament, welcome back! And if you're joining us for the first time this year please allow me to introduce you to what this is.

What This Is

In short, the Twilight Drinking Tournament is pre-PAX bar crawl that happens on Thursday night after the pre-PAX dinner. It's a great way to get to know fellow PAXians and make new friends before the convention even starts. The bar crawl will take you through seven of Capitol Hill's finest drinking establishments as you engage in social drinking challenges to earn enough stickers to win whatever junk will be given away this year.

As per last year, scorecards will be handed out so group leaders can keep track of your progress towards the ultimate goal of intoxication. This year, however, a few things have been changed. First off, in addition to the scorecard all participants will receive a button to show off your participation in this year's event. The scorecard and button designs are as follows:

Scorecard
twilightscorecard.jpg
Button
twilightbuttontemp.jpg

Also new this year is that all participants will be asked to donate a minimum of $1 when receiving their scorecard and button. All donations will go to Child's Play with the faction that raises the most will win control over Forks, Washington...until next year when the battle begins anew.

How To Join

Sound like fun? I assure you it is. To sign up please make a post proceeded with !The House of Cullen, !The Quileute Tribe, or !The Volturi to join that faction. Pick whichever faction you identify with the most but if the populations are imbalanced I may have to step in. Other than that, all you have to do is show up at the start of the crawl at your faction's designated starting point where faction leaders will hand out scorecards and buttons.

Not sure with whom to ally yourself? Take a look at the following:

!The House of Cullen
The Cullens are a relatively young family of vampires who moved to Forks, Washington to get away from the other more aggressive families. They are all "vegetarians" in that they only drink animal blood. Due to this their eyes are usually of a golden color. This is the family that Edward and eventually Bella belong to.

Head of House: Atlus Parker
01. HotSake

Schedule
08:20 PM The Crescent Challenge #1
09:00 PM Clever Dunne's Challenge #2
10:00 PM Cafe Metropolitan Challenge #3 Battle vs The Quileute Tribe
11:00 PM Barca Challenge #4 Battle vs The Volturi
12:00 AM Linda's Challenge #5
12:40 AM The Chapel Challenge #6
01:20 AM The Garage Challenge #7
Wildcard Challenge #8 Come dressed as a Cullen Vampire ie Yellow or Golden colored contacts, eurotrash clothing, body glitter, lots of hair gel, ability to stop vehicles with one hand, etc

!The Quileute Tribe
The Quileute are a tribe of werewolves who live on the outskirts of Forks. They have always been the mortal enemies of vampires. When the war between the Cullens and the Volturi spills out onto their sacred lands they take up arms to bring a swift resolution to the battle...at any cost.

The White Wolf: DeadlySherpa
01. Sumi

Schedule
08:20 PM Linda's Challenge #1
09:00 PM Barca Challenge #2
10:00 PM Cafe Metropolitan Challenge #3 Battle vs The House of Cullen
11:00 PM Clever Dunne's Challenge #4
12:00 AM The Crescent Challenge #5
12:40 AM The Garage Challenge #6
01:20 AM The Chapel Challenge #7
Wildcard Challenge #8 Come dressed as a Quileute Werewolf ie animal skins, loin cloths, necklaces of animal teeth, excessive body hair, creepy obsessions with 1 year old girls, etc

!The Volturi
The Volturi are powerful clan of vampire elders who hail from Italy. They have tasked themselves with keeping order in the vampire world and also with ensuring the masquerade is preserved. When one of the Cullens threatens the masquerade they travel to Washington to wipe out this threat to all vampirekind.

The Elder:
01. Shugarae
02. Dimp +1

Schedule
08:20 PM The Garage Challenge #1
09:00 PM The Chapel Challenge #2
10:00 PM Linda's Challenge #3
11:00 PM Barca Challenge #4 Battle vs The House of Cullen
12:00 AM Cafe Metropolitan Challenge #5
12:40 AM Clever Dunne's Challenge #6
01:20 AM The Crescent Challenge #7
Wildcard Challenge #8 Come dressed as a Volutri Vampire ie Red colored contacts, Clothing from the 1800s or earlier, body glitter, top hat and monacle or corset (or both), ability to leap tall buildings and meddle at the speed of light, etc

Prizes

I don't have anything concrete for this section yet but there will be prizes again this year and they will be better than the fake fangs I handed out last year. Also I will be working on some kind fo trophy for the faction that raises the most money for Child's Play.

Tips & Tricks

Don't Be a Dick: First and foremost, don't do anything that's going to embarrass yourself or anyone else. Especially since alcohol is going to be involved you're going to want to leave your asshole pants at home. Don't make us snap your fangs.

Know Your Limit: The only person who knows your alcohol tolerance is you. There's nothing worse than an overindulged drunk so don't be that guy. If someone notices that you're getting sloppy you're already past the point of no return. You should probably stop drinking when someone points out to you that you're peeing on a bar stool.

Leave No Vampire/Werewolf Behind: We arrive as a group and leave as a group. If someone has to be That Guy/Gal who gets so wasted that they think they're actually James, it's the responsibility of the crawl as a whole to ensure this person makes it safely back to their hotel despite your blood feud. Use the buddy system, handcuff yourselves to each other, whatever. No one is to vomit in a bus terminal by themselves. Not this night, at least.

Biting is Voluntary: While it is encouraged for participants to engage each other in The Sweet Embrace it is advised that you make sure you have consent. ER doctors and especially the police never believe that you tripped and fell teeth first onto someone's wrist. Believe me, I've been there.

Respect your Faction Leader: Anyone designated as a Faction Leader for the crawl isn't there just to hand out stickers; they're there to make sure everyone's having a good time and that everything runs smoothly. They're there to keep everyone moving and to stop people like gertbeef from jumping up on the bar and dropping trou. If one asks you to stop picking bar fights with the seedy locals, it might be a good idea to do so.

HAVE FUN: This is the most important guideline of all: Have fun! We're all on vacation and we're drinking with fellow nerds so let's enjoy it. Keeping ourselves fairly reasonable for the evening will make it a good time for everyone.

Highlights From Past Tournaments

I don't have much to populate this section with yet but feel free to post anything you might have from last year's crawl and I'll work it into here.

Video of us stopping traffic

Atlus Parker on

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Also I'm still looking for some volunteers to be factions leaders. If you're interested let me know when you join a faction.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The chosen theme is Twilight? Please tell me that this is an epic April Fools joke.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Can I be the Brujah clan leader instead?

*sigh* twilight makes me sad in the pants.

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Do we get to wear sparkly glitter as part of our costumes?

Azazel on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    lol, you crack me up Atlus =

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What...twilight?

You are either really lame or a freakin genius.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OK OK. I'm going to assume this is an April Fools joke, close my eyes, take deep breaths, and open them again on Thursday.

Hufflepuff. Represent.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    FUCK Twilight. Also, no Daeva from NWoD by WW..

MeeOk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Im not hairy enough to be a Quileute... I guess I am pale enough to be a cullen though.

Azazel on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Atlus, you are freaking awesome.

Also, which faction is *least* emo?

chaosisorder on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Wolves arent quite as emo as vampires.

Azazel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Though they ARE more emo than, say, Evanescence.

Which means they're still an unhealthy level of emo. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll take the option of "whichever team gets me the drunkest fastest, and gets me a free hookup"

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wait so... is this still going to involve dressing up? Because.... a giant group(s) of vampires roaming Capitol Hill? Why don't we all just go to the Merc and sulk?

This had better be good, Atlus, I'm trusting you...

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am so covering you in sparkles the next time I see you Atlus.

...yes that is a punishment.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Man, Atlus, way to emo up the pub crawl. You had better be a secret genius or a merry prankster.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I suggest creating an event on facebook too

atray on
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Positive: A PAX related event featuring alcohol
    Negative: Twilight related

Verdict: I need to start drinking before I show up.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i had assumed this was an april fools joke and immediately went to thinkgeek (which has much lulz on april fools) and found the best thing ever- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES, a novel. holy crap. its actually not an april fools joke. sorry for the random aside, but i felt like i needed to share the jane austin bashery

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    jane austin bashery

umm, excuse me? You appear to be mistaken; Pride and Prejudice + Zombies = the perfect novel.

Unless Colin Firth is a zombie.

:P

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    jane austin bashery

umm, excuse me? You appear to be mistaken; Pride and Prejudice + Zombies = the perfect novel.

Unless Colin Firth is a zombie.

:P

no no, the combo sounds like massive win. the original, well, lets just say i wasn't bawling my eyes out over the shear beauty of the romance blah blah blah like all of the other girls.

err, ive been derailing threads all day, im quite sorry

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Randomfool wrote: »

I mirror these sentiments. Twilight....really!?!

How about something cool like Dune? House Atriedes, Harkkonen, Corrino?
    Fallout? Vault-tec, Slavers, BoS?

Moreso something that isn't tweeny crap?

MaoChan on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    20080505.jpg

4th book spoilers in the second comic, i guess?
    20080915.jpg

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Randomfool wrote: »

Confirmed!

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Twilight? I like twilight. (although I may regret saying that later.) Still, Twilight?

Can I come dressed as a Jedi?

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think as long as it's more of the "Anakin Skywalker" type of Jedi. You know, the brooding emo ones. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Or if I can come dressed as an evil jedi so we can have an epic drunken duel out in the streets. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just dont fight with your "sabers" in public boys.

Azazel on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Brings a whole new meaning to the term "sabre rattlers". =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    :shock:

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    :winky:

VThornheart on
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yo i'm signing up for the The Quileute Tribe, i'd like to volunteer for the white wolf position as well because that was fun as hell last year.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I want to be on Deadlysherpa's team. Still I don't understand the type of challenges that this entails. Perhaps it would be best if I were a cheerleader. An awesome jedi cheerleader using the force to sway the outcome. It's perfect.

And yes, we must have an epic light saber battle in the middle of the street.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Looks like we need to start a Pre Second Annual Twilight Drinking Tournament Drinking Tournament. I'm thinking we should start around noon at Applebee's. Any suggestions on the theme?

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    There's an Applebee's? Though, I would think we'd just go to an actual bar, or a better food place. Applebee's isn't that great.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    How about not twilight...

oh wait, i thought you were asking about the theme for this pub crawl, i don't get into seattle until afternoon that day

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !The Volturi

In my mind, the volturi enforcer guys always looked like the blood mage or the warden from warcraft 3... better start work on making a cape! ha!

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    shugarae wrote: »
    !The Volturibetter start work on making a cape! ha!

I hear its already been started ;-)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It's 1:18am, please tell me this was all just a bad joke now =) lol

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Huh. It's 4/2 in EST and this thread is still here so you trl me.

Atlus Parker on
This discussion has been closed.