As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] The Plains of Phallamyre: GAME OVER: Wash Away Grief

• Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've never Spreadsheeted votes.

What would the format of that be like? Left-most column be the names, then a space, then their votes with time stamps?

Maybe block off the days... ?

I love Phallas, but only recently have I taken an active interest in the deeper mechanics, and really wanted to get into the more... complex pattern recognition. I see and read people playing and they're practically metacogniscient-smarty-"knows things".

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Phalla turns you into a robot after a certain number of run throughs. Some just hide it better than others!

Obbi on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I, Fionn Kae, Chieftain of The Fenians, pledge my support to !Element Brian of the Purple Parrots.

ON ONE CONDITION! That he removes his boots and casts them into our mighty bonfire, a Dragon Caller has no need for footwear, and indeed, needs the dexterity of his bare, naked feet to better remain in place upon the beast's back once it arrives.

(Plus this way, he can't throw them at me.)

Kay2 on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    I, Fionn Kae, Chieftain of The Fenians, pledge my support to !Element Brian of the Purple Parrots.

ON ONE CONDITION! That he removes his boots and casts them into our mighty bonfire, a Dragon Caller has no need for footwear, and indeed, needs the dexterity of his bare, naked feet to better remain in place upon the beast's back once it arrives.

(Plus this way, he can't throw them at me.)

You need to calm down about this grudge stuff or else we'll give you the boot.

Get the sand out of your ass.

Stop being so gritty.

You're looking... erm...

Like, uh... hot sand?

You died

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    As the Chieftan of the Orange Iguanas, we pledge our support to enlightened bum. We will not be favorable to Parrot followers ... I mean seriously folks, it's a freakin parrot!
    Don't test us
    iguana1.jpg
    Isn't that some freaky shit?

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    People, I stand before you, ready to save this world.

As you know, the Global Economic Downturn has hit Phallamyre badly. The prices of Mead, Woad and Mistletoe have skyrocketed, and anyone who has taken out a mortgage on their mudhut is about to see it tragically repossesed, leaving them and their families sleeping in the marsh under stormy skies. Would you let this happen to your elders, your wives, your children? I think not.

So that is why I would like you to vote for me, Daius, to be ordain. I will dedicate myself to creating a new financial stimulus package in order to kick-start our coming harvest. This will involve stealing 1 Million Bushels of Mistletoe from the neighbouring provinces, and injecting it into our coffers. I will abolish that evil Bank of Stonehenge, who are keeping huge barrels of mead underground, away from us common people, so that they may take them for their "Pensions". Will we stand for this? Will we really submit to this wave of oppression?

No, I say! No, we shall stand together tonight under the White Oak, we shall drink to the spirits of the stream and the stone, and when they come, those who wish to destroy our traditions; we shall put them to the Dirk, to the Spear, to the Arrow! We shall feed them to the Bears, to the Wolves, to the Wickerman!

By the mists that shroud our land, we shall be great again!

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    We, the Daktaklakpak know that the Precursors would have supported sentience, and so we vote for !Enlightenedbum.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    We honorable members of the TTR Haters declare The_Reflection to be our choice, because it was he who helped led us to victory at the Battle of Temptation Island.

Maximus on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Did I mention a vote for me comes with a free flagon of ale?

Seriously. A whole goddam flagon.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    AzothAzoth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I thank the panty snatcher supporters, your support will not be forgotten and you shall be the first to receive from the rising coffers of our tribe. We must pledge our support for the strong !Azoth, for we can't help ourselves and with the strength of a dragon we shall be able to steal many panties! That is, if the dragon doesn't eat us first...

Azoth on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The_Reflection

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    LightRider wrote: »
    Who among you could possibly demand, nay, deserve the respect of the great dragon? With what pathetic implements would you tame and amaze the beast? None of you have sticks! Only I, !LightRider with my mighty stick could possibly hope to beckon the creature from his lair.

And if needbe, slay it!

That's a bit presumptuous don't you think? You haven't spoken to me ONCE since we got to this council. No "hi how are you" no "you want to go hunt beasts with me some time", but somehow you think you have me?

I have to say you are right about one thing though, I would be an awesome implement with which to keep a dragon in check. Sticks of the Silver Serpents to call dragons and keep them from going all RAWRFLAMINGDEATHANDDESTRUCTION on everyone.

Sticks on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I uh...

I didn't know.

Wanna go out and play with our sticks some time?:winky:

LightRider on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !Element Brian

Insects can't be trusted.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    what's not to trust about a thing that wears it's skeleton on the outside.

M.D. on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    SAYS THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR DEAD ANIMAL FLESH.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So unless I'm missing something, my PM box is conspicuously vacant.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Am I to understand you did not recieve your Role PM?

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Half hour till vote close

Don't forget to send in your day 1 actions and link me to any proboards if you have not yet done so.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !simonwolf

Because you love-haters won't.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why must no one share the love for The Spork that we who are its spawn show its blessed utensilness.

Don't make us try and overcome this vile oppression.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The people love them some hive minds, we think.

We haven't really been paying attention to the vote count.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Vote is Closed

Narration shortly, It's a doozy.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    OOC: It's because you hate me and think they're morons for voting for me, isn't it?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I pity those who failed to see the wisdom of electing me and my stick based platform of superiority. They will rue this day.

Or not, we'll have to see really.

LightRider on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Aren't sticks like, weak support? I mean, we of the Candy thieves do our campaign on the ground, among the people.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Day 2: The Mist Shall Run Red

ritual.jpg

And then did the gathered wise elders of their tribes speak in force. Naming they who were strongest, they who were wisest, they who were the best of men. They spake names of their neighbor and names of their own and one by one the voice of man was heard.

"I shall stand as dragon caller, who would speak against me?" A bold man stepped forth, clad in the chitenous armor of his people. And did some rise to challenge him, but each in their turn did more rise to voice their favor.

"Then so shall it be!" Cried the druid lord who first decreed the ritual. "Let it be done!" Casting now the great fang of the dread beast Kharivahn to they who would stand tall as the greatest of man. And did he catch and wear the great fang, and did he don the proud mantle of Dragon Caller and so did he call to the heavens...

"Hear me oh great dragon! Hear me beast of Sky and Fire, I call to thee! Kharivahn!

And then did the earth heave and roll, and did the skies grow bright, for now came Kharivahn, and did the mists with great and terrible shrieking rush to gather around the Dragon Caller. Blotting the light of fire and sky from he who summoned Kharivahn. His screams became dire as the mist drew tighter around his form. Now did he thrash his arms about, but could find no purchase on mist itself.

So great a commotion was there now, the living mist had risen up against man, but still did Kharivahn come to the call, but as the mist parted the form of man was stricken, his body was gaunt and pale, his eyes were burst and red, his hair was breft of it's color, this man lay dead and blighted by the terrible Mist..

But worse! The Fang of Kharivahn was not to be found! Who now was Dragon Caller for there must be one to keep the covenant lest they be plunged into fire and death at the talons of the dread beast. And now came the dragon... yet his wrath came not.. The flame of the dragon shot out in the night sky. The Covenant was apeased.. yet... who among them was Dragon Caller?

Now did the voice of man raise once again in anger and fury!

"You! You Stole the fang of the dragon!"

"Not I! It was he! I saw him!"

"You have no honor! My tribe shall not suffer your ilk."

"Nor mine!"

"Talk is cheap, only the strong are fit to rule!"

"Aye! Let there be no more of this riduclous summit. My Tribe shall rule these lands, and if you can stop me, bring your armies and show me you are greater than we!"

And then did the Council of Elders end.. the talk of peace had ended and now was the time of War. Yet uncertainty reigned as they returned to their tribes to prepare for war. What dread beast rose up to slay the dragon caller, what lurked within these mists. Such questions would be answered by they who were fit to lead. Now, there would be war.

Great and wise elders of your tribes, the time for speaches and rituals is over! Let it be decided in blood!
    Each night you may marshall your troops and send them to war, or, if you are keen to aide your fellow man you may send them to his aid. Simply speak your intent, either to !Attack, !Assist, or !Defend (though it is assumed you defend yourself if you do not attack or assist another.

• Any who have more armies attacking them than they have defending them shall surely perish.
    • Should you attack he who attacks you there be an impass and neither side be victor.
    • Should you attack and they be greater defended than you are strong then your army is bested and may not be sent to attack or defend the next day.
    • All of these orders are public, be sure to correctly color code only the most recent order will be counted.

However, you cannot win this great war alone, you will need allies. Every player possess the ability to form or join a Clan. This allows you to share your resources among each clan member. They must be careful however as doing so reveals their boons and whatever evil lurks in the mist would certainly be able to fool clanmates into thinking they were human. A clan may have no less than 3 tribes to form and no more than 12 Tribes in it's entirity. To form a clan simply gather 3 willing tribes and !Form your clan, don't forget to name it.

Oh, and finally.. Only 1 clan will be able to rule these lands.

The game ends when only a single clan remains. (Please note however that whatever is out there lurking in the mist certainly already have a clan of their own, though they may pretend to join your clan their true allegience will be to their own kind.)
    Was that confusing? Sorry for that deception, this is going to be one hell of a ride folks. Please ask any questions in orange and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Results:

enlightenedbum, Cheif of the Klackon Tribe, killed by the blight of the Shul'myre

PMs going out now!

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ...I'd like to thank everyone for not voting for me.

Beyond that anyone care to join The Sons of The Spork in a righteous alliance?

!Defend

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure you made that rule up out of revenge for WoW Phalla. :P

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure you made that rule up out of revenge for WoW Phalla. :P

It's almost like he knew you would win a contest of popularity.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    !BARRACUDAS

ATTAAAACK

Obbi on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I had a feeling that whoever we voted for would be sacrificed. And so I thank you all for not voting for me...except for you jerks who did vote for me..though that includes myself...

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm so sorry for voting for you.

Must we tell who we attack/defend?

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I had a feeling that whoever we voted for would be sacrificed. And so I thank you all for not voting for me...except for you jerks who did vote for me..though that includes myself...

In an uncertain vote, you vote for people you feel entirely indifferent to!

Obbi on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is the part where we form the Hidden Temple Clan? And murder all those who would not embrace the great Olmec?

Sticks on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sticks wrote: »
    Is the part where we form the Hidden Temple Clan? And murder all those who would not embrace the great Olmec?

Thats what I was thinking, "Clan Purple Parrots and those other teams too" ?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sticks wrote: »

Thats what I was thinking, "Clan Purple Parrots and those other teams too" ?

Clearly we're goin' to have to work on somethin' here.

Unitin' under the banner of Olmec does sound like the best course of action here, though.

Obbi on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !withdraw Reserve

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ah, a twist! I like a good twist in my phallas. :P

If we form a clan, do we have to make the names of the individual member tribes public?

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for voting for you.

Must we tell who we attack/defend?

Yes, it's similar to a vote, except that you may vote to kill someone or "Anti-Vote" by defending them.

It is a public declaration regardless of your intent.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak