Options

[EvE] It's slightly less boring than discussing politics

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Teslan26 wrote: »
    Speaking of discos... check out what happens when a lot of overeager tacklers get too close...

http://killboard.eve-ivy.com/?a=lossesmonthly&m=04&y=2009

April 4.

Note that the Hyperion qvq lost that day was worth many times over all those t1 frigs...

Did anyone get podded?

Thing that scares me most about PvP is 20 mil isk of implants >_>

Jump clones, man! Jump clones!

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Speaking of discos... check out what happens when a lot of overeager tacklers get too close...

April 4.

Note that the Hyperion qvq lost that day was worth many times over all those t1 frigs...

Did anyone get podded?

I was a part of that gallente fleet that the FC fleet warped into a smartbomb trap. I lost a fully fitted rook and a few hundred mil in implants, I was not amused.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    KorebanKoreban Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

April 4.

Did anyone get podded?

Hahahahahaaha. Just wait until you have close to a billion isk worth of circuits in your head. (I have nearly a billion isk worth of implants and hardwirings)

Koreban on
  • Options
    OscrethOscreth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Koreban wrote: »

April 4.

Did anyone get podded?

Hahahahahaaha. Just wait until you have close to a billion isk worth of circuits in your head. (I have nearly a billion isk worth of implants and hardwirings)
    In one of your heads. I heard the other was lacking hard wiring.

Really though clone jumping out of implants for pvp is what I wanted to post . . . but I forgot what I was going to say and instead made a flaccid penis joke.

Oscreth on
    Old man, family, works too hard, locked into a routine, but still plays with army men and video games.

If you want to play League of Legends, here is my refer a friend: So I get points
  • Options
    KorebanKoreban Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The other is perma-hardwired. (MY WIFE is due again in 2 weeks :cripes: )

Koreban on
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Ethea wrote: »
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    So I'm a high SP minmatar pilot and I everyone says I should train Amarr.

you should amarr currently is the king of the following:
    • Dreads
    • Fleet BS
    • Delve Ratting BS
    • RRBS
    • HAC Snipers

Funny, when I was Amarr people laughed at me and told me to use Caldari or Minmatar ships.

On another note, when I saw the updated exploration stuff, I almost resubbed. Until I realized that the only way to make any profit on it would be to bring a battleship as everything would be super-guarded anyway, so it was just fancy ratting.

I've love if you could make a profit without needing heavy firepower through exploration. Not a LOT of profit, but enough to break even would be neat.

The Apoc range bonus buff combined with the Tracking Computer nerf really changed what was strong for fleet BS. The 5th turret for the zealot really reinforced it as the best hac sniper.

Ethea on
  • Options
    PagoonPagoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fuck Amarr, I still argue that Caldari has the best battleships. You're not stuck with using "a laser ship with a little better armor/grid/cpu". With Caldari BS5, you get an ECM beast, Ratting Raven, and the best sniper in the game. So you can esscential cover all your basis for fleet engagements. Support, Torp POS shooter, Sniper.

Pagoon on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Pagoon wrote: »
    Fuck Amarr, I still argue that Caldari has the best battleships. You're not stuck with using "a laser ship with a little better armor/grid/cpu". With Caldari BS5, you get an ECM beast, Ratting Raven, and the best sniper in the game. So you can esscential cover all your basis for fleet engagements. Support, Torp POS shooter, Sniper.

Sorry the abaddon / apoc are way better snipers than the rokh for the current engagement distances, and the geddon is by far the best POS shooting ship.

Ethea on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Sorry the abaddon / apoc are way better snipers than the rokh for the current engagement distances, and the geddon is by far the best POS shooting ship.

Do what? With GoonFleet fleet fits, the Rokh is far superior to the Apoc or the Abbadon. The Apoc does 12 more DPS, has 40% less tank, and shoots for less range. The Abbadon does a lot of DPS, but it can't do it past 150k, and still has 20-30% less tank than the Rokh.

I don't fly a sniper to POS shot, so yay for the Geddon, it's good at POS shots.

This is coming from someone with characters that have Caldari BS 5 and Amarr BS 5. Amarr BS's are great, but the Rokh is hands down the best sniper we currently deploy.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Do what? With GoonFleet fleet fits, the Rokh is far superior to the Apoc or the Abbadon. The Apoc does 12 more DPS, has 40% less tank, and shoots for less range. The Abbadon does a lot of DPS, but it can't do it past 150k, and still has 20-30% less tank than the Rokh.

I don't fly a sniper to POS shot, so yay for the Geddon, it's good at POS shots.

This is coming from someone with characters that have Caldari BS 5 and Amarr BS 5. Amarr BS's are great, but the Rokh is hands down the best sniper we currently deploy.

Rohks are also a heck of a lot more expensive than geddons so that is a bit of ahit against them. (does GS have fleet reimbursement for Rohks?)

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yes, we reimburse sniper Rokhs.

Yes, the Rokh is more expensive. Especially if you fit it right and 3x CDFE rig it. My Rokh's still cost me ~70m even after reimbursement. That's just the price you pay for flying the brick of a tank that is the Rokh. I've also only lost two...in a year, and it's not for lack of fighting.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    blackdegreeblackdegree Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    420 fly covops errday

it's pretty hard to lose one, unless your name is dbrb, and you still get to see everything going on.

my carrier's insurance is about to run out though, i need to lose it soon

blackdegree on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I consider the Apoc better as it does more dps ( esp once you move up to 2 tach + locus rigs ), has enough range for all current engagements and costs less to replace. Yes it has a smaller tank but I consider that to not be enough to make it the best.

Ethea on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    what about minmatar BS :(

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    what about minmatar BS :(

For fleet work they are considered the worst, and by a fair margin.
    For example a T1 gunned apoc has better range, dps, tracking, EHP than a T2 gunned tempest.

Ethea on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I consider the Apoc better as it does more dps ( esp once you move up to 2 tach + locus rigs ), has enough range for all current engagements and costs less to replace. Yes it has a smaller tank but I consider that to not be enough to make it the best.

It does 12 more DPS. 12. Whole. DPS.

And when was the last time you were in an engagement against Kenny? We regularly fight them at > 160k these days. Yah, the Apoc is cheap to replace, but the tank of the Rokh basically means you rarely replace it. Again, I've replaced two, in a year. That makes the Rokh pretty cheap to fly over an extended period of time.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

It does 12 more DPS. 12. Whole. DPS.

And when was the last time you were in an engagement against Kenny? We regularly fight them at > 160k these days. Yah, the Apoc is cheap to replace, but the tank of the Rokh basically means you rarely replace it. Again, I've replaced two, in a year. That makes the Rokh pretty cheap to fly over an extended period of time.

I get the difference of 28dps between the apoc and rokh when you use the 3x Mega beams on the apoc. Plus with triple energy locus rigs you stay in optimal all the way out to 183km which is better than the 350mm rokh.

Yeah rokh's get shot at less often, but that is doesn't mean an apoc pilot is always going to die. That all depends on an whole other set of factors ( name, popularity, how soon he warps when told to etc ).

Fake Edit:
    Also I forgot to mention amarr don't need to reload which currently is broken in high lag situations, which still makes it the best ( as in best for the fleet, not you ).

Ethea on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Trekkie wrote: »
    OK. I processed all applications.

If you were rejected for any reason, it was one of the following:

1) No PA Forum name, or one you gave had no history
    2) You didn't give a PA Forum name
    3) Hostile corp in your corp history <6 Months
    4) The person who said they were sponsoring you hasn't said anything where they were supposed to on our forum.

Figure out where you went wrong? I dunno. [tiny]Spy[/tiny]

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, I'm trying to remember why I picked Minmatar, anyone want to tell me?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And boosh, down goes my Revelation. Lose expensive ships erry day, ya heard.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'm assuming this was back when they still ruled the small gang warfare portion of the game. Back before CCP fixed all the ludicrous speed problems.

I mean, when I was playing 2 years ago, Amarr were considered the weakest, I still remember Goumindong's laundry list posts of "Why Amarr are broken".

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, the hurricane is still pretty decent

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dark_Side wrote: »

I'm assuming this was back when they still ruled the small gang warfare portion of the game. Back before CCP fixed all the ludicrous speed problems.

I mean, when I was playing 2 years ago, Amarr were considered the weakest, I still remember Goumindong's laundry list posts of "Why Amarr are broken".

Exactly my point.

Although after reading the supplementary stories on the EVE website I love the Minmatar now. Rebelling slaves with a tribal culture? I likes it.

Anyway until I can use my covops and exploration content to make small amounts of money without battleships or ratting in 0.0 I'm staying away. I'm so fucking sick of ratting.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Minmatar have good sub-BS ships. The covops is still considered on of the best, the Vagabond is an awesome solo or small gang HAC. I'm told the Sleipnir is an amazing command ship (currently training for it). The speed nerf hurt a lot of Minmatar stuff but I still like my Rapier.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Minmatar have good sub-BS ships. The covops is still considered on of the best, the Vagabond is an awesome solo or small gang HAC. I'm told the Sleipnir is an amazing command ship (currently training for it). The speed nerf hurt a lot of Minmatar stuff but I still like my Rapier.

I want a rapier so hard, but that's such a tremendous amount of uninsurable isk.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »

I want a rapier so hard, but that's such a tremendous amount of uninsurable isk.

It's the price you pay for flying a fun ship. They aren't that expensive to fit.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The Rapier is meh now. The fun Minmatar ships are the Vagabond and the Broadsword. The Broadsword is especially awesome in a duo/trio sort of small gang gate camp or ratter hunting.

Warping in on a ratter with a Broadsword and tossing up your bubble is always good for laughs.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am so tremendously far from Broadswords right now. I could at least fly a Rapier with the proper skills in about a month.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Yes, the Rokh is more expensive. Especially if you fit it right and 3x CDFE rig it. My Rokh's still cost me ~70m even after reimbursement. That's just the price you pay for flying the brick of a tank that is the Rokh. I've also only lost two...in a year, and it's not for lack of fighting.
    I cross-trained Amarr from the Rokh simply to get ammoless weapons. The rokh chews through a retarded amount of ammo, even when you're not pos shooting. It simply became too much of a pain to find new ammo every single day that I spent in a hostile frontline system.

runaway_pancake on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Exactly my point.

Although after reading the supplementary stories on the EVE website I love the Minmatar now. Rebelling slaves with a tribal culture? I likes it.

Anyway until I can use my covops and exploration content to make small amounts of money without battleships or ratting in 0.0 I'm staying away. I'm so fucking sick of ratting.

I'm taking a break from ratting myself as well. I made a lot of money doing it, but I'm flat broke again and have resorted to lvl 1 missions to grind faction until I can join the faction wars. Just because I want to see what that offers.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I cross-trained Amarr from the Rokh simply to get ammoless weapons. The rokh chews through a retarded amount of ammo, even when you're not pos shooting. It simply became too much of a pain to find new ammo every single day that I spent in a hostile frontline system.

Yah, my capital pilot is Amarr, so I am down with the ammoless gun thing. I just carrier jump ammo in to myself, which is an advantage not everyone has.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Exactly my point.

I'm taking a break from ratting myself as well. I made a lot of money doing it, but I'm flat broke again and have resorted to lvl 1 missions to grind faction until I can join the faction wars. Just because I want to see what that offers.

I recommend that you buy tags to gain standings. With tags it only takes a day or two to get into a militia. The faction war has a lot of great pvp, but there is no end game. There is no way to "win" the war so you are basically throwing away isk to no gain.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Every once in awhile I miss this game. But then I remember all i did was fly my t2 ships around without doing anything. Someone sell me on playing again.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Every once in awhile I miss this game. But then I remember all i did was fly my t2 ships around without doing anything. Someone sell me on playing again.

you can now fly around in T3!!!!!!!!!!!

Ethea on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »

Exactly my point.

I recommend that you buy tags to gain standings. With tags it only takes a day or two to get into a militia. The faction war has a lot of great pvp, but there is no end game. There is no way to "win" the war so you are basically throwing away isk to no gain.

Buy tags? I vaguely remember you used to be able to sell tags to concord, is that what you're talking about?

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Buy tags? I vaguely remember you used to be able to sell tags to concord, is that what you're talking about?
    You can hand in tags at Data Centers. Either you can kill the rats for the tags, or buy the them off of the market in Jita. If you are really serious about joining the war then look for a FW corp to join. You don't need personal standing to get in, as long as your corp has the required standing.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ahhh, I kind of remember that now. I don't know if I'm serious about it just yet, you only need a .5 standing to get in anyway and I'm almost there. Running missions is boring sure, but since I'm so over skilled for lvl 1's it's full on easy mode, and it's a nice chance from ratting in 0.0. Though local and corp chat is fucking laughable.

Some dude last night was all, "I just realized how profitable salvaging could be."

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I've said it before, but T3 to me is one of the coolest innovations in a space MMO. There are literally 12500 different strategic cruisers, 3125 for each faction, and each, while looking similar, will have different models. It's like LEGO in space, only more awesome.

Now all that's left is to train for a year to get all the necessary skills. :lol:

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    PelPel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Before they released the patch I thought they said that T3 would be easier to fly than T2? Did they scrap this idea?

Pel on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    delroland wrote: »

I've said it before, but T3 to me is one of the coolest innovations in a space MMO. There are literally 12500 different strategic cruisers, 3125 for each faction, and each, while looking similar, will have different models. It's like LEGO in space, only more awesome.

Now all that's left is to train for a year to get all the necessary skills. :lol:

And thirty seconds to lose the first one.

I do think the mix and match thing is neat though.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.