Options

Burnout Paradise - Where we're going, we don't need roads.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'll try and look it up later.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh, I'm on ps3.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'll play tonight.

I think I've got room on my Flist if you wanna send me an invite Brainiac, if not I'll just harass Willeth.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    I'll play tonight.

I think I've got room on my Flist if you wanna send me an invite Brainiac, if not I'll just harass Willeth.

I'll send you an invite tonight. :^:

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I should be around to play tonight, I sent an invite to the clan tag. :)

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    SkullOmaniaSkullOmania Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ohh I want to play too! I'll send an invite to the PA clan tag too.

SkullOmania on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I might have forgotten the password to the clan tag :S This means you won't appear on it until tomorrow, but you should be able to see what the people on it are doing if you've not been accepted yet.

I just realised that I don't have my save with me. I'll be stuck with the base cars. Oh wells!

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sweet, we'll be driving around in our shiny cars while you punt around in your wrecks. At least if you have the DLC you'll be able to use those cars.

In regards to the PA Tag, Willeth, Disorientated80 and ConfusedWalrus are all already on my Flist, and I just added Brainiack 8 as well. You guys can just use my account as an interim clan account if needed.

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Waiting for a return friend on the Burnout tag.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    tofu wrote: »

You poor sob, you're now just friends with me.

Hey that rhymes!

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    tofu wrote: »

That won't happen until late tomorrow I'm afraid, until I can get back home and sign in with it. You should still be able to use it to join people's games from the request, though.

I'll be hosting a room soon. If anyone has any specific challenges they want me to choose, post 'em. If you can't get into the game send me a message - it'll be an open room, so there might be some randoms in there I can boot. :P

Willeth on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I won't be able to play until later this week so it's cool.

tofu on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So what's the deal with the toy cars? I just loaded this game for probably the first time in 4 months and I have no idea about this stuff. Are there toy tracks to race the toy cars on? Or do you take the toy cars out on the real streets?

Also, I'm at 52% trophies. I'm pretty much done with all the offline trophies so I'll probably start looking for a lot of games to get the online trophies.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mini cars in real streets.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just picked this up earlier today on a whim, and so far I'm lovin' it! (oh god the mickey dees billboards) If you fine gentleman want to add/invite me to some games, feel free!

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mini cars in real streets.

How mini are the toy cars? It's the only DLC pack I don't have, and it didn't really appeal to me. But if they are really small, I might have to. Honestly, I just use the Hawker Mech now, and occasionally the De Lorian. I like the handling on the Mech and the ability to swap boost types at will, and the De Lorians hover ability is good for a laugh.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    A while back I saw a thing on the Criterion website where you could upload your game-save and they would generate a map for you to show the location of missing Breakthroughs, Billboards, and Jumps. I'm up to 393/400 breakthroughs and would like to see the ones I'm missing.

However, I don't see anything on the Criterion site about this anymore. Did they remove this feature? Or is it just tucked away somewhere and I'm not finding it?

Edit: Make that 394. Just found another. Yay.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    A while back I saw a thing on the Criterion website where you could upload your game-save and they would generate a map for you to show the location of missing Breakthroughs, Billboards, and Jumps. I'm up to 393/400 breakthroughs and would like to see the ones I'm missing.

However, I don't see anything on the Criterion site about this anymore. Did they remove this feature? Or is it just tucked away somewhere and I'm not finding it?

Save Game Analyser

It's only for the PS3, though.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yea, I'm having a bugger of a time finding the rest of my smashes and jumps.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    For the billboards and jumps, I used this map and just went through section by section. The smashes I (thankfully) cleared up while finishing up the jumps and shit.

I'll be playing tonight probably, trying to get my Elite license. Toss me an invite if you wanna crash around.

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    If I get a chance to play tonight, I'll shoot you one. I'm hoping to get a chance to play. I want to finish the 6-8 player challenges as they seem to be the harder ones to finish up.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Up to 395 Smashes without using any sort of online guides or anything. I need 1 more in Harbor Town and 4 more in Downtown Paradise. I'm learning that a lot of the ones I missed are up on top of parking garages, so I've been driving around trying to hit up as many garages as I can find. Been working on my Billboards and jumps a bit too, but I still have like 30 apiece on both of those.

Edit: Woohoo! Just got my final Smash in Harbor Town. It was on a Parking Garage ramp. 4 more to go. I might not need to resort to online spoilers afterall. Weeee. Also hit a billboard and a Jump while up on this garage. It was a 3 for 1.

Edit: Picked up 2 so far in Downtown Paradise. One I got accidentally as I was going for a pretty hard to reach Billboard. Another was on a parking garage. 2 to go! 398/400.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Senshi wrote: »
    Hey guys.

I bought this on Steam, my tag's Senshibot, hit me up with some mad friend invites and whatnot, I really wanna play with you guys.

Is there anything I should do in particular to play with all y'all?

I'm on PC too and have added you to my list. I'm Peewi. It might be even easier to get to play with each other if we added each other on Steam too.

EDIT: I added you on Steam.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    399 now, with all Billboards complete in Downtown and 8/10 jumps in that part of town. I know where one jump is that I'm missing, kind of. I spotted it while I was hitting a Billboard, but then I got distracted and I haven't made my way back there yet.

However, I think its time to backup my game and have Criterion show me my final Smash.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm trying to finish off my Trophies for this game and get the Plat trophy. I'm within 10 or so I think of getting it. All the ones I need are all online. I'm kind of a noob at online stuff.

Two of the Trohpies are - Play on Red Team in a Road Rage and Play on the Blue team. My question for these is, how the hell do I start an open Road Rage? When I go to "Create Event" the only option I have available is Race.

Two more trophies I'm missing are the one for completing 1 timed event and completing 10 timed events. What is a timed event and how do I make a game to do these?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This should be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait.

LewieP on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm trying to finish off my Trophies for this game and get the Plat trophy. I'm within 10 or so I think of getting it. All the ones I need are all online. I'm kind of a noob at online stuff.

Two of the Trohpies are - Play on Red Team in a Road Rage and Play on the Blue team. My question for these is, how the hell do I start an open Road Rage? When I go to "Create Event" the only option I have available is Race.

Two more trophies I'm missing are the one for completing 1 timed event and completing 10 timed events. What is a timed event and how do I make a game to do these?

Road Rages are only creatable when you host a room - it'll only show up while the room is running, not when you're about to start one.

Timed Events are the same - host a room, and you'll be able to select Freeburn or Timed Challenges when you've got at least 2 players.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    LewieP wrote: »

What's taken everyone so long?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Fourier_seriesFourier_series Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, I got all excited awhile back when I noticed that I only had like 4 of the original trophies in Burnout Paradise left before I got my first platinum trophy. Then I actually bothered to read up on the mugshot/smugshot trophy. I don't have a webcam. Dammit.

Fourier_series on
    soldierpw2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    LewieP wrote: »

What's taken everyone so long?

It didn't drop in price for ages. A symptom of the free DLC I imagine.

Then when it started to drop in price a little, The Ultimate Box came out, and I wasn't sure what to go for.

But then it went on special offer, I managed to get The Ultimate Box, Trivial Pursuit, and Connect 4 (xbla) for £14.

Edit: And I will probably sell/goozex Trivial Pursuit and Connect 4, so it will work out at being nearly free!

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, those mugshot achievements/trophies piss me off. Its one thing to have MP achievements, but 2 achievements that require you to buy another piece of (useless) hardware? Fuck that.

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, those mugshot achievements/trophies piss me off. Its one thing to have MP achievements, but 2 achievements that require you to buy another piece of (useless) hardware? Fuck that.

It's an integral part of the experience they want you to have.

That's like complaining that there are Achievements in Rock Band 2 that require drums, even though the game doesn't necessarily have to be sold with drums.

Also, Lewie, glad you're finally jumping on board, though if there is one game from this gen that I can justify not waiting for a price-drop, it's this one. This game may be the longest-lasting game of this entire generation.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I've wanted it for a long time, but a combination of a backlog, and knowing that it would drop in price pretty soon put me off jumping in at full price. I know that there is a lot of game in it, and I really can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Edit: Link to the deal in case anyone wants to pass it on:
    http://savygamer.co.uk/2009/04/burnout-paradise-trivial-pursuit.html

LewieP on
  • Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is there anybody playing this on the PC? I feel lonely.

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man, I've got 200 mspoints sitting around and I want the DeLorean, why did they have to make that one more expensive!

I also just recently got this game, and just got the firebird knockoff (at least that's what I think it's supposed to be.) It's the first car I got that doesn't seem to be a complete junker. I'm hoping to roll the streets of Paradise in it with you folks soon.

EDIT: I just looked, it's the Carson fastback special, and I love it. Also, I think it's supposed to be a Trans-am, not a firebird.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man, I've got 200 mspoints sitting around and I want the DeLorean, why did they have to make that one more expensive!

Tell me about it... I have 300 points in my account. So close and yet so far away. :cry:

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wish console policies weren't so lame, and criterion could connect all versions of the game online, like S-E did with FFXI.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Unless I'm mistaken, Ultimate Box players can play with vanilla players. It's only the saves that are incompatible.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

It's an integral part of the experience they want you to have.

That's like complaining that there are Achievements in Rock Band 2 that require drums, even though the game doesn't necessarily have to be sold with drums.

I'm sorry, but that is one of the worst analogies I've ever seen.

You buy Rock Band because you want to pretend you're in a band. That means Guitars, Mics, Drums. Drums don't come with RB2? Ok, I'll go get them, as THATS THE FUCKING POINT OF THE GAME.

Please explain to me how taking a picture of some kid a million fucking miles away during a small portion of online play qualifies as "a integral part of the experience they want you to have."

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, Ultimate Box players can play with vanilla players. It's only the saves that are incompatible.

He means PS3/PC/360 crossplay.

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png