Options

Burnout Paradise - Where we're going, we don't need roads.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Please explain to me how taking a picture of some kid a million fucking miles away during a small portion of online play qualifies as "a integral part of the experience they want you to have."

Because they want you to think that that person is driving said car, not a PSN/XBL goblin portrait? It's giving the sense of driving a car in a world with other cars driven by other people. However, if they wanted it to be important enough to have trophies requiring it, then they should have had a bundle with the peripheral needed.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    Is there anybody playing this on the PC? I feel lonely.

I play on PC. My username is Peewi. I mostly play singleplayer, though.

Peewi on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Please explain to me how taking a picture of some kid a million fucking miles away during a small portion of online play qualifies as "a integral part of the experience they want you to have."

Because they want you to think that that person is driving said car, not a PSN/XBL goblin portrait? It's giving the sense of driving a car in a world with other cars driven by other people. However, if they wanted it to be important enough to have trophies requiring it, then they should have had a bundle with the peripheral needed.

To be fair, it's Microsoft that has the dumb policy. The lead version was the PS3, and you can use almost any USB camera with the PS3. On the 360 you're locked into the Vision cam.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I joined a random game yesterday that was showing as Freeburn Road Rage on the list. I'm trying to complete my online achievements to get my plantium trophy. Last night was my first attempt doing anything online other than simple freeburn challenges. So the game fills up and the creator starts it. I was on red team, but the teams weren't exactly even. There were 6 red and 2 blue. Is this normal?

Can someone maybe explain the rules to me for online Roadrage? Also, I didn't get achievement credit for being on red team, and as far as I could tell, no score of any type was being kept. On top of that, the only people who were taking me down were fellow reds.

I guess I just don't understand this mode of online play.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I joined a random game yesterday that was showing as Freeburn Road Rage on the list. I'm trying to complete my online achievements to get my plantium trophy. Last night was my first attempt doing anything online other than simple freeburn challenges. So the game fills up and the creator starts it. I was on red team, but the teams weren't exactly even. There were 6 red and 2 blue. Is this normal?

Can someone maybe explain the rules to me for online Roadrage? Also, I didn't get achievement credit for being on red team, and as far as I could tell, no score of any type was being kept. On top of that, the only people who were taking me down were fellow reds.

I guess I just don't understand this mode of online play.

If the teams are uneven, you can switch to the other team in the easydrive menu.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Keep in mind that a lot of online players in this game are complete fucktards, so the fact that red team was taking you down (as a red) can probably be attributed to that.

Good 360 game last night tho, had fun. Actually got some decent pubs, except for that one retarded guy.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What about the part where no score was being displayed, or why I didn't get a trophy for being on red? Are the trophies assigned at the end of a game? Because the game never ended. After about 15 minutes of mindless fragging, people started quitting.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have a freind who is going to let me borrow his cam so that I can get those two achievements....they're stupid. :x

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    My brother has a Creative Labs WebCam Pro. The model number is PD1030. Is there any sort of list online that tells if a specific webcam is compatible with the PS3? I need the Mugshot achievement and I'd rather not spend money just to get one stinkin' achievement so I can earn my platinum trophy.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    According to this list, the PD1131 works, so you should be fine using your brother's cam.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hmm. Ganked his webcam and hooked it up, but it doesn't appear to be working. I plugged it into my pc and the pc recognizes it but I can't tell if the PS3 is recognizing it or not. Is there a simple way to test it on the ps3?

Also on a related note, when I plug it into my pc (vista) it asks me to install drivers. I heard something about webcams that need driver installations not working with Ps3. If that's the case then perhaps it isn't Ps3 compatible after all.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok! I'm within 6 trophies now of my Platinum, I'm pretty sure. One of the ones I'm missing is the Wildcats Stadium meetup. For anyone with the PS3 version of the game, would it be possible to organize a game this weekend, either today or tomorrow to knock this one out?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ok! I'm within 6 trophies now of my Platinum, I'm pretty sure. One of the ones I'm missing is the Wildcats Stadium meetup. For anyone with the PS3 version of the game, would it be possible to organize a game this weekend, either today or tomorrow to knock this one out?

I had to pretty much be a dick to get that Trophy, and I didn't feel good about it. I opened a game, and whenever new players entered, I started a new challenge for that specific number of players to keep everyone entertained so no one would leave. As soon as I got eight, I selected that challenge, we went there and I canceled out of the game.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I was thinking of doing something similar. Right now I'm sitting in an open game lobby with no joiners :(

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This game is amazing, and may directly result in my failing college.

Is there an easy way to do friends codes, though? I know Steam integration is too much to ask, but I'd love to have people to play against -- PC edition, btw.

(this game could also afford to use GfW Live integration too, now that I think about it. In fact, why aren't all these services integrated?)

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Athenor wrote: »

Is there an easy way to do friends codes, though? I know Steam integration is too much to ask, but I'd love to have people to play against -- PC edition, btw.

(this game could also afford to use GfW Live integration too, now that I think about it. In fact, why aren't all these services integrated?)

There's a Friends option in the Multiplayer menu (Start or Esc and then left or right till you see it) iirc - you just type in the EA id (email address) and it'll add them to your friends list.

freakish light on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

There's a Friends option in the Multiplayer menu (Start or Esc and then left or right till you see it) iirc - you just type in the EA id (email address) and it'll add them to your friends list.

I know this, the problem is I don't know anyone with the game. >.<

Which is sad, because while I'm not running out of offline things to do, the online stuff is just SO compelling. Even if Cops & Robbers doesn't come out tomorrow for PC I still want to get in on that action.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also, PC mic support sucks. Auto-detect is really choppy and I have to essentially yell to get it to turn on. Thankfully I can mute other idiots really easily!

Athenor on
  • Options
    PiggoPiggo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So has anyone picked up Cops and Robbers yet? It seems like fun, but it's hard to get in a game. It's basically CTF (Cops base is the Country Club, Robbers by the Docks), cars have no boost and are all the same (Type chosen by the host). The person carrying the gold drives slower than the rest, and to steal the gold from the opposing team you have to take down that car.

If anyone wants to play with me later tonight (i'm in the UK, probably 9-10ish i'll jump on) my PSN name is RossCubbon.

Piggo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The cars aren't necessarily the same type. The host can restrict it to a single car but it's free choice by default IIRC.

Willeth on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

freakishlight@gmail.com :D

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I think you made an invite request earlier and I turned it down, thinking it was from the online game I played earlier. I've since sent out a new request to you back after looking through this thread for names (WHICH THERE ARE FEW OF WHAT THE HECK?!), but seeing as how the PC online stuff is down right now for what I assume is the update, I can't exactly go on and check for more.

Athenor on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Get a PS3 and I'll play with you.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I think you made an invite request earlier and I turned it down, thinking it was from the online game I played earlier. I've since sent out a new request to you back after looking through this thread for names (WHICH THERE ARE FEW OF WHAT THE HECK?!), but seeing as how the PC online stuff is down right now for what I assume is the update, I can't exactly go on and check for more.

I haven't played a lot lately, but I'll go accept that and smash all your road rules.

ed: So you show up on my friends list tab, but my other friend doesn't. That's weird and irritating.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Anyone know if this week's game update fixes the bug that prevents you from getting the Trophy for the GT Nighthawk? There seems to be some sort of glitch where getting a 3x boost chain doesn't grant the trophy. The work around is that you gotta back-up your real save file, then delete it and restart a new game. On a fresh game the trophy works, but not on existing games.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone know if this week's game update fixes the bug that prevents you from getting the Trophy for the GT Nighthawk? There seems to be some sort of glitch where getting a 3x boost chain doesn't grant the trophy. The work around is that you gotta back-up your real save file, then delete it and restart a new game. On a fresh game the trophy works, but not on existing games.
    Fixes coming your way!

We're always working to improve the Burnout Paradise experience wherever possible and with the release of the Cops and Robbers Pack this week we have been able to release an update which addresses some problems that have been reported to us.

These include:

GT Nighthawk PlayStation 3 Trophy
    Something that only became apparent once the Legendary Cars went live is that if you already had the 2x Boost Chain Trophy it was impossible to get the GT Nighthawk one. We're pleased to say this is now fixed and everyone will be able to earn this Trophy once the update goes live tomorrow.

Game freezing on the start line of an online ranked race
    We had a number of reports about this though we have had difficulty reproducing it in-house. However, we did find one possible issue which we have now fixed and we very much hope this fixes the issue some players have been reporting. We're monitoring the situation and will make improvements where we can.

Not being able to select purchased vehicles in the Junkyard
    In the majority of cases we found the cause of this was that people had purchased the vehicles but not downloaded AND installed them.Correctly downloading and installing the vehicles fixed the issue. However there was a rare bug seen with a handful of customers who achieved their Elite license during a specific period of time last year which meant that some of the vehicles had indeed disappeared. We have now fixed this issue and that fix appears in the new update.

Smashes and billboards resetting after playing the Party Mode
    This was a problem that occasionally happened when you started a Party then re-entered Paradise City.
    They weren't actually reset. When you restarted the game everything was back to normal. However, it was annoying and we are pleased to say it has now been fixed.

To get these fixes you must download version 1.8 when it becomes available on April 30th 2009. We will post a news story as soon as it is live on each console (we don't control what time the new update is made live - that's down to Microsoft and Sony).

Once it becomes available, provided you are signed in online, when you boot Burnout Paradise the 1.8 update should automatically download and install. Once it has successfully installed the game will start and the fixes will be live.
    If you are playing on Xbox 360 and it does not update you can always download the latest version from the Game Add-ons section of Xbox Marketplace.

It's impossible with a game as large and as online as Paradise to know what issues may crop up or to find and fix every single problem but we do our best. We appreciate the reports we get from our loyal customers and work as fast as we can to fix any unforeseen issues. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

It is not necessary to purchase the Cops and Robbers pack to get this new update - but we very much appreciate it if you do!

The Burnout Team

Looks like it, I can't wait to go and buy the Cops and Robbers pack tonight.

Lothars on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The podcast made it look really fun.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I just beat the last event and got the Elite License. Let's see what else there is to do now. I only have one smash left, so I guess I should try to find it.

Peewi on
  • Options
    PiggoPiggo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is really good fun. When you get the gold you really have to plan your route. I have managed to get out of a few scrapes by going onto the freeway, then jumping off where there are gaps in the barriers.

I even saw someone go into a car park to try and get away, a few of the Cops followed him but everyone else was waiting at the bottom for him to just jump back off, it was pretty funny.

Piggo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It won't let me buy Cops and Robbers. It says "Not Available" under it in the Burnout Store. What gives?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It won't let me buy Cops and Robbers. It says "Not Available" under it in the Burnout Store. What gives?

Are you on PS3? if you are than It could because it's not out on the Playstation Store but will be in a couple hours.

Lothars on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Piggo wrote: »
    This is really good fun. When you get the gold you really have to plan your route. I have managed to get out of a few scrapes by going onto the freeway, then jumping off where there are gaps in the barriers.

I even saw someone go into a car park to try and get away, a few of the Cops followed him but everyone else was waiting at the bottom for him to just jump back off, it was pretty funny.

Yeah, I was apprehensive but in the end just bought it anyway, and I am so glad I did. A ton of fun.

Also I am super great at it. So there's that.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, on PS3. That sucks. I pulled up the car list and drooled over the hotness of the sports car police cars.

On a related note, I need to find a really good screenshot of the PCPD Tempesta or PCPD 25 V16 Revenge. I want to make a sig featuring one of these cars. Sadly, the shots I can find on the criterion website are not satisfactory.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oooh, I've got gold cars. Time to show off online until I get tired of it.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Peewi wrote: »

Gold Cars?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Peewi wrote: »

Gold Cars?

I got the Elite License by beating all of the events after getting the Burnout License and then I got gold skins for the cars. I haven't checked all of the cars, but I assume it's for all of them.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ahh ok. Gotcha. I'm still working on my Elite licence. 78 events to go!

My current goal has been setting the Road Rules and Showtime scores on all the streets. I'm about 40% done with this, by my estimation.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Daamn, I'm getting burnt out (olol) from doing these events over and over, and everyone online always ends up fucking around in the Airfield and not bothering with other challenges (PC ver) :/

The quarry needs a gas station nearby, and also more jumps. Real fun place. I want a corkscrew tunnel or something, that'd be amazing. Oh man imagine if you could crash into a big fat oil pipe and just sail through inside it at breakneck speeds :D

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Airan wrote: »
    Daamn, I'm getting burnt out (olol) from doing these events over and over, and everyone online always ends up fucking around in the Airfield and not bothering with other challenges (PC ver) :/

Really? In my experience there's only a few douchebags that don't even try to do the challenges. I'm also on PC, add me to your friends list. My in-game name is Peewi.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So any clue whatsoever about when Cops & Robbers is hitting for the PC along with the new patch? How long of a turnaround is there usually on this?

Athenor on