As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Real problem here.

1235»

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    hey defender is there any way to get phoenix downs in the early stages of ffiii

i already used the one in the castle and i can't find any more

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    9 owned 7
    hard

yes but 7 ate 9

clearly

tugga on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    haha awesome

mrpaku on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    In conclusion, do your god damned school work you fucking retard.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I liked Pokemon Snap

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    for the time being, nwn2 has prevented me from doing anything else

it has a deathgrip on my life

i haven't really even been eating

(i has my own castle with little soldier men whose lives i can throw away at my whim)

Knob on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    hey defender is there any way to get phoenix downs in the early stages of ffiii

i already used the one in the castle and i can't find any more

I have only played the very very beginning of FF3.

I am assuming that when you say FF3 you actually mean FF3 and not FF6. If this is not correct, then...um...I still don't remember but you really really really do not need them. Terra's magic, forked, is sufficient to handle most fights, especially if combined with Edgar's auto-crossbow. Stocking up on phoenix downs and other such items should be a concern only when you have a few levels under your belt and you feel solid in combat. Until then, you should be more concerned with your primary equipment, like weapons and armor.

Defender on
  • Options
    MusashiMusashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    Yeah FFXII is pretty boring. As mentioned before, there's a lot of required grinding, above and beyond just killing everything that's in your way. The only way I managed to force myself through it was with the auto-levelling trick. Also, the politics story is dull, I want my trite "OMGz end of the world" bullshit back.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree that FFXII requires a lot of grinding. The only time I ever needed to grind is if I wanted to outfit all 6 of my characters with the absolute best gear in the game. Other than that I found every boss battle/random monster battle was completely managable without power-leveling or grinding. This does not mean that the game was easy, most bosses took me a few tries to first figure out what they did and next to adjust my strategy to deal with each boss.

I think one of the reasons that people do not like about FFXII is that it is much more of a macro-management game rather than a micro-management one. Basically, instead of choosing what to do each round, you have to decide upon on overall party setup. Basically deciding what weapon each character should use, the type of magic they can use and what armor they can equip are bigger choices that need to be made. For example, going to a magic shop to buy the new magic spells, I will not have the money to buy every spell in the game, I have to pick the spells that I think will be most helpful to my party. Such as if I decided to go with a heavy physical attack power group and the magic shop have Brave(increase physical damage) and Faith (increase magic damage) I should only buy Brave at that point in the game. Also deciding character rolls are important as well, for example my party setup was tank, physical dps/backup healer, main healer/backup magic caster. I found that for me at least allowing my physical melee dps to switch to a healer in heavy aoe fights was helpful.

Just as a side note, there is a certain amount of micro-management was need in the game to be able to beat bosses. I found that you can control your tank such that they are the only one getting hit with group magic spells such as Fira, or positioning your characters so that your other melee characters would not get hit with cleave attacks certain bosses have were pretty important.

Musashi on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I knew a guy who played FF4 so much that he could just hold "A" through the final boss battle (basically just attack over and over with every character) and win. That much grinding is retarded. There's no reason to do that when just learning how to play the fucking game will work.

Defender on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    for the time being, nwn2 has prevented me from doing anything else

it has a deathgrip on my life

i haven't really even been eating

(i has my own castle with little soldier men whose lives i can throw away at my whim)

Knob

is it worth buying a new desktop for this month instead of buying a new TV like I had planned?

Tell me I need to know

Also, I got FFXII months ago and still haven't beat it

It just hasn't held my interest - I play it like 5 hours every other weekend. I don't grind or do any of the stupid quests, I just go through the story, and I think I am about 75% of the way through.

I haven't had a game over yet, but the boss battle with the mist dragon in the forest or whatever took me like 45-60 minutes of running around almost dead, barely alive, to beat

That was actually a lot of fun, and really challenging

I had a crapload of potions and eye drops and handkerchiefs when I went in, and had like 3 left of one and none of the others when I finished

I think I was seriously underleveled for that fight, though. So I guess you don't HAVE to grind, but unless you do, the game gets pretty tough. I think I like it that way

The story isn't gripping or any of that crap the reviews said, though. I guess they just liked the graphics and made up reasons that were less shallow that they enjoyed the game

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    I'm not gonna recommend it to anyone because lots of people didn't think it was so great

but i'm enjoying the shit out of it

Knob on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    woah, sneak and slagmire's avatars sync up

Raneados on
  • Options
    MusashiMusashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I haven't had a game over yet, but the boss battle with the mist dragon in the forest or whatever took me like 45-60 minutes of running around almost dead, barely alive, to beat

I had a crapload of potions and eye drops and handkerchiefs when I went in, and had like 3 left of one and none of the others when I finished

I think I was seriously underleveled for that fight, though. So I guess you don't HAVE to grind, but unless you do, the game gets pretty tough. I think I like it that way

Isn't this a good thing in RPGs? You do not need to grind or power-level to beat bosses and they offer a fair challenge to those players. I really don't see the problem here.

Musashi on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I think it's impossible to go through FF12 really really quick, unless you skip all the fun stuff.

Why would you WANT to burn through a game really really quickly?

Well apparently the OP wants to before he has to start doing college work or something. I take my time, personally.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I think it's impossible to go through FF12 really really quick, unless you skip all the fun stuff.

Why would you WANT to burn through a game really really quickly?

Well apparently the OP wants to before he has to start doing college work or something. I take my time, personally.

Oh, that again. Yeah, that's just retarded. I thought parents were supposed to teach you shit like "work before play" but I guess either his didn't teach it or he didn't learn. And it's not even fun, it's like just shoving ice cream down your throat as fast as possible instead of waiting a little bit and being able to eat at a reasonable pace and taste your food.

Defender on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The first time i finished FFX i cried

and my brother saw me

he's never let me hear the end of it

:(

tugga on
  • Options
    i am sam yuei am sam yue __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Instead of using that money for games or education, you could use it to take care of a small Colombian child for only pennies a month.

These children need a home, and only people like you can give them a future.
    After paying, you can then adopt the child, and fly him over to your care.

Then you can eat him

i am sam yue on
  • Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Instead of using that money for games or education, you could use it to take care of a small Colombian child for only pennies a month.

These children need a home, and only people like you can give them a future.
    After paying, you can then adopt the child, and fly him over to your care.

Then you can eat him
    Just like Angelina and Brad.

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    tugga06 wrote: »

and my brother saw me

fag

AHH! on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Musashi wrote: »

Isn't this a good thing in RPGs? You do not need to grind or power-level to beat bosses and they offer a fair challenge to those players. I really don't see the problem here.

yeah that was me complimenting the game, it does have a lot of good parts

overall it did just not grab me, for some reason, though

the characters are cool, good stuff is happening, I guess, but I just don't really care

hrmm :/

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    Reckless_energyReckless_energy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    tugga06 wrote: »

and my brother saw me

i shed a tear but i didnt cry like a pussy.
    fag.

Reckless_energy on
    versus1.jpg
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I booed my eyes out at the end of FFVIII

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    I booed my eyes out at the end of FFVIII

Really? the ending of that game just annoyed me. The part in space was more moving than that.

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah that was pretty tear jerking.

But, it was.

When you saw Laguna ant the grave, and saw the Garden fly over Seifer

That got me.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah that was pretty tear jerking.

But, it was.

When you saw Laguna ant the grave, and saw the Garden fly over Seifer

That got me.

I completely forgot about that. Now that you remind me, it was a alright ending.

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I bought it on Friday.

I think its really good.

I'm not really helping much.
    it was a lot of fun. I should play some more...or get zelda for the Wii.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The game gets really repetitive after 20 hours in which is where I'm at.

You really need two gambit in the game: ATTACK AND CURE.

<3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I bought it on Friday.

I think its really good.

I'm not really helping much.
    it was a lot of fun. I should play some more...or get zelda for the Wii.

Zelda is fucking awesome.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh, that again. Yeah, that's just retarded. I thought parents were supposed to teach you shit like "work before play" but I guess either his didn't teach it or he didn't learn. And it's not even fun, it's like just shoving ice cream down your throat as fast as possible instead of waiting a little bit and being able to eat at a reasonable pace and taste your food.
    Man, the greatest part about being an "adult" is that I can totally spoil my own dinner if I feel like.

It's great.

... god, I have no idea who allowed Natasha and I to live without supervision but, damn they were stupid.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png