As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magical Mystery Tour 2009 - SCHEDULE AND VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

• Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    It would be awesome to have you on the tour! Sadly, you'll miss the first day of the tour and probably about half of the second day if you come by in the afternoon on the 3rd, but you won't miss it all! You'll actually be arriving just in time for the beginning of what I unofficially call the "MMT/CCST/Dinner/Pub Crawl Merger". Once about 2pm hits, the CCST will be rolling into town. We meet up with them, and may or may not have time for one more event before the Pre-PAX Dinner... and from there, we head out to the Pub Crawl. So you'll miss most of the "touring" part, but you'll be able to make an easy transition into all of the other pre-PAX events going on! =)

Alright, sounds like I'll be missing the 'touring' part but I'm there for the pub crawl/pre-pax dinner!
    So is the pub crawl what I think it is? People just go around to different pubs and bars until they're too drunk to remember where their hotel is?

You should go check out this thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=87180

And then promptly join Hufflepuff.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    It would be awesome to have you on the tour! Sadly, you'll miss the first day of the tour and probably about half of the second day if you come by in the afternoon on the 3rd, but you won't miss it all! You'll actually be arriving just in time for the beginning of what I unofficially call the "MMT/CCST/Dinner/Pub Crawl Merger". Once about 2pm hits, the CCST will be rolling into town. We meet up with them, and may or may not have time for one more event before the Pre-PAX Dinner... and from there, we head out to the Pub Crawl. So you'll miss most of the "touring" part, but you'll be able to make an easy transition into all of the other pre-PAX events going on! =)

Alright, sounds like I'll be missing the 'touring' part but I'm there for the pub crawl/pre-pax dinner!
    So is the pub crawl what I think it is? People just go around to different pubs and bars until they're too drunk to remember where their hotel is?

You should go check out this thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=87180

And then promptly join Hufflepuff.

oh gawd, please no...
    Harry Potter is so totally not my thing...
    Although if it involves drinking, I may have to consider it... :lol:

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oh gawd, please no...

I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan either, but I think it'll be awesome! Plus, it could be worse... SO MUCH WORSE... http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=86767

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    PLUS the International District is scary.

EXACTLY.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If it helps Serenity, Harry Potter isn't technically most of our things... but there's something redeemingly drawing about it in the context of a drinking contest.

I've never even read Harry Potter, but I'm psyched to be a part of Hufflepuff... as strange as it sounds. I've got a Hufflepuff-colored lanyard and my wife said she'd knit me a Hufflepuff-themed scarf for the purpose! You just have to get into the spirit of the competition to have fun with it. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    oh gawd, please no...

I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan either, but I think it'll be awesome! Plus, it could be worse... SO MUCH WORSE... http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=86767

OMG! nooo, hisss!! Keep twilight away!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    oh gawd, please no...

OMG! nooo, hisss!! Keep twilight away!

See?! Harry Potter's not so bad now, is it?!?

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And remember, if you join Hufflepuff, you'll be a member of the HRAA, which is the group who will ultimately destroy, dismember, disenfranchise, disown, dissolve and destructively distribute the competition! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And remember, if you join Hufflepuff, you'll be a member of the HRAA, which is the group who will ultimately destroy, dismember, disenfranchise, disown, dissolve and destructively distribute the competition! =)

This is also true if you join Ravenclaw. Which is clearly the wiser choice. :P

Also, <3 VT!!! hahahah that was a very well constructed alliterative sentence! ;)

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've always liked RavenClaw. Plus is has a more aggressive name.
    I think I would be embarassed to be on a team called hufflepuff. Haha, the name makes me think of pink kittens and unicorns and jigglypuff for some reason... :P
    Ok sorry, that was some major trolling D:

I haven't even decided whether I'm doing it yet anyway...
    How exactly does a team go about winning anyway?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    These are questions you should be asking in the Pub Crawl thread.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SnaptySnapty Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Snapty wrote: »
    This looks awesome! I've signed up and told my friends to do the same.

One question though: Why isn't Chinatown on your list? :(

The International District is not on the list because no one has really expressed any interest in it yet! If it's a place you'd like to go, we can open it up for discussion, and go there if enough people are interested.

The only issue with the international district is that there isn't a whole bunch of things to do there; Pink Godzilla will be closed (or have all their inventory at PAX anyway), I brought up Uwajimaya at one point and everyone seemed to be more interested in local places, and generally there aren't many visually appealing landmarks in the area (though, the few that there are, they're nice!).

The international district has a fascinating history, but I don't think that the (fairly expensive) tours of the area would give it justice. The Wing Luke Museum is still on the list...

DISCUSS

Aw, well if the locals think that it's scary and wouldn't be worth much, then no need to include it!

Snapty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    These are questions you should be asking in the Pub Crawl thread.

Yeah, sorry... I post off topic from time to time.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like the International District to get food, but other than the Wing Luke museum it doesn't have much tourist appeal. Why is is scary? I've never felt unsafe at all in the ID. Down by the Pike Place Market, that's a different story.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like the International District to get food, but other than the Wing Luke museum it doesn't have much tourist appeal. Why is is scary? I've never felt unsafe at all in the ID. Down by the Pike Place Market, that's a different story.

Niether are scary. Really Seattle on a whole is a very calm. I've never felt in danger in all the years I've been living here. Seattle is probably one of the safest cities of it's size.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Even the bums are friendly.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Pike is full of life. The International District looks like the city decided it needed one and then forgot where they left it. It's just not a great place. Except I think there's a magic shop. But there's one of those at the Market, so we're square.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Even the bums are friendly.

Not Muffin Man...... I hate Muffin Man. He's an asshole.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Who's muffin man?
    I think the laid back attitude is kind of a west coast thing... Vancouver is the same way. Although I'm scared of most of the hobos here... some of them are friendly, but most you want to stay away from...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I didn't say I wanted to be all buddy-buddy with the bums, but compared to the ones here in Cleveland, they're kittens. Out here they've been so disillusioned with the bad winters that most of them have severe attitude problems. I've been literally chased down the streets of downtown for not giving one of them change once. In Seattle, you've got bums with amusing signs like "SEX: Now that I've got your attention, how about a dollar", "Kick me in the ass for $3" and "Ninjas killed my family, need money for karate lessons." In ohio, the only signs I've ever seen said "Veteran will work for food."

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Lol! It sounds like Seattle bums have a sense of humour.
    Moe the bums in Vancouver are about the same... Most of them don't even have signs. The majority just ask for change and collect it in a tim hortons cup.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Good Morning PAX people!!!!!!!!!!

There are 125 days left until PAX! Which means... 123 days until the Magical Mystery Tour! Sound like a lot of time? IT IS! Too much time! But it's still best to get your name on our fancy list ASAP!

REGISTER HERE!!!!

Registration is very important! It lets us know how many people to expect and we'll have your contact information, it also gives you a +4 to dragon and panhandler attacks.

Here is the list of people currently on the list, spoilered for your pleasure:
    eye-shuh
    MetaverseNomad
    MeeOk
    mentok1982
    ashridah
    tehNakki
    Gilles
    Queen Brewer
    usererror
    Hypatia
    Rogue_hunter
    Cronus
    Ravenger
    dmmagic
    orbdep
    Snapty

If you're not on the list, REGISTER NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO

I know there's a bunch of you who are planning on going who haven't checked in yet. I just want to make sure 200 people don't show up unexpected!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I will be registering, but I want to figure out my itinerary before I commit to anything...

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I didn't say I wanted to be all buddy-buddy with the bums, but compared to the ones here in Cleveland, they're kittens. Out here they've been so disillusioned with the bad winters that most of them have severe attitude problems. I've been literally chased down the streets of downtown for not giving one of them change once. In Seattle, you've got bums with amusing signs like "SEX: Now that I've got your attention, how about a dollar", "Kick me in the ass for $3" and "Ninjas killed my family, need money for karate lessons." In ohio, the only signs I've ever seen said "Veteran will work for food."

speaking of bums... and i know youll hate me for dragging us off topic again, but this one time I went to the movies, and on the way out there was this bum sitting next to a street light. I began to get that feeling of *damn this guy is gonna ask me for money* when I finally walk buy, the guy jumps up and asks if I have $5,000 dollars he could have... I busted up laughing. If I actually had any money I probably would of given him some just because it was so hilarious. He was dead serious too... anyways, back on topic...

...Last year we showed up mid day wednesday so we couldnt really be apart of the whole Magical Mystery Tour... we ended up just going to nearly everything on the list on our own. Was still kinda nice because we'd never been to Seattle, but I'm sure it would have been funner with the group. This year we will probably be in the same boat, but depending on how our thursday turns out, maybe we will drop in on some of the fun... just no promises yet because everything is still up in the air right now... Step A: Find out how to get to PAX.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You don't have to participate fully during either of the days. You're welcome to drop in and out as you please! Still, it is helpful to have your contact info. :)

Just put a note that you might be around during such and such time on whichever day and that way we know to look out for you.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Step A: Find out how to get to PAX.

Haha, I'm in the same boat... or car... or bus? lol, sarcasm FTW. But anyway that's nice to know we can just sort of drop in... is there a tenetative schedule so if we do decide to drop in, we know where to find the group?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nomad is working out the itinerary. There's still four months until PAX, give it time.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Alright, since I've decided to do CCST with Moe, I'll definitely be meeting MMT whenever it is that CCSTers do so. Count me in.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yay! Awesome! Yeah, you'll be coming in at the CCST/MMT merger, just in time for the Pre-PAX Dinner merger, which then merges into the Pub Crawl. It's like PAX's very own Voltron.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hmm, I'll be arriving at around 12:30 pm on thursday so I'm assuming there won't be too much of the MMT left. Do you think it would be worth it to hook up with you guys? I was thinking I would probably just join the group at the CCST merger point.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Aye, hook up with us anyways! At the least, it'll be a good way to "pre-introduce" before going to the Dinner =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It's always worth it, because we are made of win.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    OK so I'm working on the schedule, and I'm wondering, should I try to fit in some stops for food, or breaks for breakfast/dinner? I know that hungry gamers are angry gamers, so I want to make sure to get this figured out. Do you tour-goers want to have some time open for the pre-PAX breakfast (which I'm sure will probably be created any time now), should I add in time for early/late food stops? Or should I just make sure everyone knows to get food before they meet up?

I've put in time for lunch both days, and the second day our official stop for dinner will be the Pre-PAX dinner!

Also, what time do you guys want to get your butts up in the morning to head out to do stuff? I think last year the start time was 8 AM. That will be the default unless some weird breakfast planning stuff happens.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I will cry if we start earlier than 8AM.

Either that, or you will all mistake me for a zombie and bash my head in.

I would prefer to prevent either of those scenarios.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I definitily agree with eye-shuh here. Also, about the food, if we start early enough people will probably want to stop for food twice.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Yeah, my zombie sensitivity is pretty high, that could be a legitimate concern...

I'm going to go with 8 AM, so people should get foodz beforehand, and we'll just make some snack stops.

ALSO I WANT TO RIDE A DAMN FERRY BOAT!!!! OR we could take the water taxi. Yeah, water taxi.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Last year we started at...

... yikes, I don't remember exactly. I think 9am?

I think if everyone's up for it, an 8am start could be a great way to see more! =)=) Awesome! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Is the water taxi the one that quacks when they honk the horn and it's like a boat/bus?

Also, Kingston is a quick ferry ride.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Last year we started at...

... yikes, I don't remember exactly. I think 9am?

I think if everyone's up for it, an 8am start could be a great way to see more! =)=) Awesome! =)

um, if it was 9, we can start at 9 this year too.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Is the water taxi the one that quacks when they honk the horn and it's like a boat/bus?

Also, Kingston is a quick ferry ride.

I think that's the Ride the Ducks boat. We could do that. The Water Taxi goes to Alki. Kingston sounds good too.

UP TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU all

MetaverseNomad on
This discussion has been closed.