What devilry is this?
A tale of intrigue and obscure mechanisms
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to proudly present to you this invitation to the grand reception of a defining moment in our fair city’s history. We, as a populace, have been striving through generations for such a moment – from our small beginnings in the town of Phalla, where we bravely battled against wave after wave of unimaginable menace, to the magnificent erection of our glorious capital Wangcastle.
We live in a time of wonderment and invention; clockwork mechanisms power our workhouses; the development of the steam engine has fuelled the rapid covering of our fair land with railways and carriages, the likes of which would never have even graced our ancestors’ imaginations. Ladies of the night line our every street corner, ales of the darkest texture flow from every tap, and all are surely satisfied with their lot in life. How could they not be?
But now technology has striven to advance our selves even further towards unknown potential, and the call of countries far and foreign beckons us all. I humbly request of you, ladies and gentlemen, that you join me on a journey of discovery and excitement, a journey where we cast off the shackles of gravity and sensibility, and seek new land where fertile new discoveries may be made.
Ladies and gentlemen, I request that you attend the maiden voyage of the Airship Phallae!
This is a phalla for 25 people.
Phalla? What madness produces such a thing?
The forum's version of the party game, Mafia. See here for more details.
General rules apply, including no anonymous contact between players, no direct quoting of role PMs, etc. If you set up an off-site proboard, please PM me the link to it.
Every day you must vote for a player who you suspect to be trying to sabotage the airship Phallae. Please !vote in red
and !retract in lime.
Retractions are not necessary, only your last vote will be counted.
But what shenanigans are present?
In addition to voting out suspicious players, the village must also make sure that the Phallae stays air-borne. Each night, the mafia will be able to damage sections of her; each villager will have the option to repair some of that damage. Unfortunate events may occur if the village allows the Phallae to become too badly damaged. More details of the mechanics involved in this will be included in the night 0 narration, and in your individual role PMs.
Each player will also have an inventory
, and some of you may even be lucky enough to start with an item in it. Should a player carrying an item die, that item will be listed in the narration – the village can then vote as to who should receive each item. For example, if the narration lists Dac Vin’s Belt of Invulnerability to the Vote
, you could elect to !give the Belt to Kime.
I promise that there are no hilariously
broken roles like Orochi or Vlad in this game. Also, everything I say can
be trusted. The unreliable narrator persona got ditched back in Noir York City.
Any rules questions can be asked in orange.
You are quirkily renamed player, occupation.
Flavour text flavour text flavour text flavour text
You have the following ability:
Demonstration: Each night, you may be used as an example of a PM.
Your inventory contains:
Your win condition is: Remove the automaton threat to the Phallae, by eliminating all such robotic men.
The game day will most likely end at 0100 GMT.
Documentation of the Event
Night Zero: Tragedy
Night One: Like Clockwork
Night Two: Pride and Prejudice and Robots
Night Three: Of Vampires and Suicide
Night Four: Justice for a Scoundrel
Night Five: Fin
Sign up eloquently.
1. Simonwolf the professional scoundrel - killed day four
2. GrimmyTOA the builder automaton - killed day three
3. Kime the nobleman - killed day two
4. DevoutlyApathetic the amateur mechanic - killed day two
5. Daius the priest
6. The_Reflection the hero who comes in the night - killed day three
7. SpectralSpork the pilot - killed day three
8. DasUberEdward the vampire pirate - killed day three
9. Kay the rogue automaton - killed day two
10. B:L the nobleman - killed day one
11. Nocturne the officer of her Majesty's law
12. SkyCaptain the inventor - killed day five
13. Darian the investigator automaton - killed day four
14. Zellpher the servant
15. Erich Zahn the insane - killed day one
16. [strike]lonelyahava [/strike] Infidel the inventor automaton - killed day five
17. Orange Soda the master detective - killed day five
18. Hellbunny the amateur inventor - killed day two
19. godmode the dastard automaton - killed day three
20. Dunadan019 the gentleman - killed day five
21. Edcrab the master scoundrel - killed day four
22. The Dagon the animal tamer
23. Verr the man who can fly
24. TheLawinator the master steamworker
25. Julius Caezure the vampire hunter - won day three