As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Free MMO Überlist

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Soooo Allods closed beta 2 starts today! :winky: Dam that update never ends man

AdditionalPylons on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Allods CBT is open like a son of a bitch as of 25 minutes ago, but I just got up.

Where making this happen.

edit: I can't connect and it looks like the server just went down, son of a bitch is lucky I am eating delicious chili.

Alright good to go, gonna be Imperial cause they have better hats.

Ohmanchargingspellsisawesome

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So allods so far seems that is gonna be good in a near future. Right now its so full of people doing the noob areas at the same time it lags so much and its hard as hell to do the quests

AdditionalPylons on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    They just turned the power on, give them a day or two.

Also, if you guys are going to play this please make your own thread, there you can coordinate efforts, list additional information and talk about the game in-depth.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I would do that but I sort of got my finger on another OP, also I know I might get bored in a couple days of it and I wouldn't update the thread anymore and thats not juicy-juicy.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have an Allods EU beta key (mistakenly signed up with a Euro magazine), free to the first taker! PM meeee.

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Allods keeps saying my version is corrupted..ima bout to give up on it.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Allods keeps saying my version is corrupted..ima bout to give up on it.

The instructions to fix it are at the top of this page.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, what games in the list are playable on a Mac? I see the Mac-only one and the trials for WoW and WAR. Anything else good?

ImperiusV on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well Allods was about the least fun I've had in 30 minutes for a long while. Either I'm doing something wrong or it's just not for me, but the combat is terrible and all over the place and impossible to follow and I'm just mashing my skills because there's not even an auto-attack and ranged is pointless past the first shot because they move so fast and bleh.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    Well Allods was about the least fun I've had in 30 minutes for a long while. Either I'm doing something wrong or it's just not for me, but the combat is terrible and all over the place and impossible to follow and I'm just mashing my skills because there's not even an auto-attack and ranged is pointless past the first shot because they move so fast and bleh.

the lack of auto attack is pissing me off too. The rest of the game seems fine, as a psionicist at least. Graphics are wonderful for a freebie, no engrish at all. Feels like WoW but with slightly more pleasant graphics.

I saw Morkath but he ignored me.

I'm gonna try the good guys soon tonight, see how they play. Which side are most people playing on? I was playing as an Arisen Psionic just now. Got to level 5, man combat is sloooow.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Combat gets slower? That would be an improvement over the starting area where every fight is just hitting the abilities as fast a possible and then it's over. No time to think move, just hit buttons and win. Pretty boring.

Didn't see any engrish, but there were plenty of grammar and syntax oddities and a bit of random Russian.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009

the lack of auto attack is pissing me off too. The rest of the game seems fine, as a psionicist at least. Graphics are wonderful for a freebie, no engrish at all. Feels like WoW but with slightly more pleasant graphics.

I'm gonna try the good guys soon tonight, see how they play. Which side are most people playing on? I was playing as an Arisen Psionic just now. Got to level 5, man combat is sloooow.

Never saw you, sorry. Had zone chat turned off if you were trying to talk to me through that.

The spell effects are pretty. The combat is only interesting in the boss fights though, otherwise it's just spamspamspam. Right now the newb areas are overflowing, and it's hard to do your quests. They need to increase run speed too, takes forever to get around.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I just don't see how having to mash 111111111111111 every fight is better than auto-attacking.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've enjoyed the small amount of time I've spent in Allods so far, but based on what I'm hearing it's mostly because

A) I played a caster

and

B) I'm really more impressed with the potential of the game than what it actually is.

The presentation is really top-notch from what I can see, a tightened-up engine could easily make it one of the best free MMOs out there. We'll see whether I still have that opinion after leveling past 5, but to me it just oozes potential.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Morkath wrote: »

Never saw you, sorry. Had zone chat turned off if you were trying to talk to me through that.

The spell effects are pretty. The combat is only interesting in the boss fights though, otherwise it's just spamspamspam. Right now the newb areas are overflowing, and it's hard to do your quests. They need to increase run speed too, takes forever to get around.

You are an Arisen Mage right? I totally saw you in the noob area and yelled MORKATH! not in zone though, in say.

Elimination on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    yep, I totally must not have seen you, sorry.

I really wasn't paying attention on the newb ship, as I had already did it on another class, so I was just rushing through.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    tried out a warden, so it shows them using claws, but in reality they use clubs, staffs and spears....boo

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OK, I think that'll do for Allods. I think I have a clear idea of what the game is currently like. Go and make your own thread if you want to talk more about it.

Aldo on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tried out a warden, so it shows them using claws, but in reality they use clubs, staffs and spears....boo
    They can also use claws.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Some point in the tutorial quests on imperial you get hand wraps, which I imagine are the same weapon type as claws, paired fist weapons I think they are called.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ok, I made an Allods OP so we can stop cluttering up Aldo's thread.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hopefully this link works. This is a search on a database of Ragnarok enemies that give between 250 and 10,000 experience points. It's set in ascending order of experience to HP ratio. It's a big long list, and I'll point you to the punchline: At the bottom of the list there's an enemy without a red dot (non-aggressive). Check out its stats and ratios compared to all the high level shit around it (and below it).

Henroid on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hopefully this link works. This is a search on a database of Ragnarok enemies that give between 250 and 10,000 experience points. It's set in ascending order of experience to HP ratio. It's a big long list, and I'll point you to the punchline: At the bottom of the list there's an enemy without a red dot (non-aggressive). Check out its stats and ratios compared to all the high level shit around it (and below it).

I want to understand what you're trying to say but I don't. Maybe not being a RO player I'm just confused? o_O

citizen059 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    citizen059 wrote: »

I want to understand what you're trying to say but I don't. Maybe not being a RO player I'm just confused? o_O

There's an enemy with under 900 HP that has a better ratio of experience than most other enemies in the game. Your damage in Ragnarok doesn't scale up to enemy HP at all, unless you're a mage (where your damage output exceeds enemy HP). So basically, what you're looking at is killing enemies with 900 HP is way faster and rewarding in terms of time spent than hunting out enemies with double the HP and taking longer to kill (not only because of health, but defense).

Edit - Basically, imagine if in WoW (without the experience decay) enemies in Feralas were more rewarding and time efficient for leveling than shit in WotLK, and you're level 70 even. The time it takes to kill an enemy in Northrend you can kill a dozen or two in Feralas and you're getting more experience.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ... Did anyone know that Ragnarok is undergoing a massive overhaul of gameplay and design? Because apparently it is.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ... Did anyone know that Ragnarok is undergoing a massive overhaul of gameplay and design? Because apparently it is.
    That's insane, why don't they just start a new game and save themselves some huge headaches or something. D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    That's insane, why don't they just start a new game and save themselves some huge headaches or something. D:

'Cause they're keeping the worldmap for the most part, I guess. It sounds interesting enough that I'll want to check it out. Especially since defense is actually like a stat you can work up now.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Whatever happened to Ragnorok 2? I remember seeing screenshots and info for that like 15 years ago. Did it get changed into ROSE or something?

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    citizen059 wrote: »

Makes perfect sense to me.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    IAH well underway to become the nicest of free MMO developers.

From their newsletter:

"Give Blood, Win Big

Game rivalry is about to get bloody! We’re conducting a blood donation drive with the Red Cross, pitting gamers from our 3 online titles against each other at Blood Race@Red Dot.The group that donates the most wins exclusive prizes and Hall of Fame honors!"

Aldo on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    To clear the air about Ragnarok 2, I have a link for you.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That article tells us nothing about the game aside from it's coming out next year and changed engines.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That article tells us nothing about the game aside from it's coming out next year and changed engines.

Thank you for your constructive comment, clearly the link was not for you. Unless you asked what happened to Ragnarok 2 and if it is still being developed... in that case the link should answer your question.

I guess I should have quoted Page-'s post to avoid confusion with the 0 other Ragnarok 2 questions that have recently been asked.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm not faulting you for linking it. I'm griping about the lack of information aside from "oh yeah it's coming." Sorry for the confusion.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm not faulting you for linking it. I'm griping about the lack of information aside from "oh yeah it's coming." Sorry for the confusion.

And I'm sorry for being short with you, the truth is... I just love you so much. You never even notice me, I... I just want you to hold me.

JamesDM on

• Options
    SollahSollah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    JamesDM wrote: »

And I'm sorry for being short with you, the truth is... I just love you so much. You never even notice me, I... I just want you to hold me.

MAKE OUT WOOOOOOOOO

Sollah on
    palonelydriver.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Heroes of Gaia
    A flash-based semi-turnbased game that seems to play like Heroes of Might & Magic and similar titles. The descriptions on their site are a bit full of it, but as far as browser games go this does sound like a good title. They just gotta drop the attitude a little, bunch of self-satisfied wankers.

Aldo on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah metalings are pretty good till the 40's. then you can start raping the geographers. but that's all for newbs.

it's alllll about the anubis, dude. always. as for your gunslinger, yeah you're probably stuck at geographers. unless you went for a desperado build where you can mob. gunslingers and ninja are shit for end game, but cool for fucking around, which is what you're doing.

renewals been in the works for a while. it's making the game more uh... linear. if you don't level agianst mobs your level, you get shit exp. and each map branching out from main cities will be progressively higher in the level progression.

then they change all the stats so it's not as good to min max 2 stats like before. and make it possible to upgrade items past 10... which is just... what the hell. it's a 1-5% chance to get a +10 or else the item is gone forever, and 11+ if it fails (with like a 30% chance?) you lose three levels so you're back at the 1-5% chance to get +10 again or it's gone forever again.

henroid you're missing something because you can get 7/7 in the training grounds.

i still haven't transcended in that game ever, but it's "easy" to do if you have friends willing to help. basically killing Kasas in less than 2 seconds for a lot of exp and leeching up the xp in party share.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    yeah metalings are pretty good till the 40's. then you can start raping the geographers. but that's all for newbs.

it's alllll about the anubis, dude. always. as for your gunslinger, yeah you're probably stuck at geographers. unless you went for a desperado build where you can mob. gunslingers and ninja are shit for end game, but cool for fucking around, which is what you're doing.

renewals been in the works for a while. it's making the game more uh... linear. if you don't level agianst mobs your level, you get shit exp. and each map branching out from main cities will be progressively higher in the level progression.

then they change all the stats so it's not as good to min max 2 stats like before. and make it possible to upgrade items past 10... which is just... what the hell. it's a 1-5% chance to get a +10 or else the item is gone forever, and 11+ if it fails (with like a 30% chance?) you lose three levels so you're back at the 1-5% chance to get +10 again or it's gone forever again.

henroid you're missing something because you can get 7/7 in the training grounds.

i still haven't transcended in that game ever, but it's "easy" to do if you have friends willing to help. basically killing Kasas in less than 2 seconds for a lot of exp and leeching up the xp in party share.

I'm actually not missing something because I spam the potions when fighting spores and end up walking out at 10/10 in minutes. :P

The progression of difficulty branching out from the cities is a LONG FUCKING TIME COMING. I mean Jesus, outside of Payon right now they have spores which are not newbie material (still low level), and all that maps around that are mid-level "fuck you" zones.

As for the item upgrades, hey, I'll take a drop in the item level over the item fucking breaking any day of the week.

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.