Options

Modern Warfare 2: Confused by the story? Right this way. (NSF56K)

• Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »
    I just had the weirdest shit ever happen.

I went to join a Demo game... and then I get somehow into a map that says it's Hardcore HQ Ricochet Pro or some shit.

But it's in Rust. And there's 9 people on each team.

And there's a UI.

And it's Domination. With a ridiculously high cap amount and no sort of timer.

Apparently people found a way to glitch playlists and set up their own little crazy game of crazy.

We got into two of those tonight.

Is that what happened?

I wonder if that's how people are getting to prestige rank 9 already - I've seen one.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    spoiler for long quote tree:
    hjparcins wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Lord Yod wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    You can indeed swap to the same class.

man what

well that's broken

Not really. You give up your tier 1 perk and your secondary weapon in order to do it, and it takes long enough to leave you significantly vulnerable.

I agree. With scavenger you have infinite ammo/grenades, you just have to run over a few packs. With OMA, you have infinite ammo, you just have to give up a perk+secondary weapon+3 seconds. The only time where I thought OMA was broken was when some asshat glitched himself on top of the highrise roof. He would noobtube, throw a few grenades, then OMA and repeat the process.

You know that isn't a glitch, right? Like, people are supposed to be able to get up there. If they weren't than one side of the map would be way over powered since you can (just as) easily get on the 2nd floor of the building.

Correct - not a glitch.

It's pretty hard to do, too. You have to get good at the initial jump, which is pretty tricky at first. I can hit it every single time now, but at least half the time it doesn't matter.

Why? Because it is REALLY EASY to notice a dude shimmying along the ledge from across the map. It is not remotely uncommon to be shot and killed within seconds of exposing your crouching form scooting at a height where just about anyone can shoot you from about half the map.

Also, some tips if a guy is up there snipin' yo ass -

First, shoot him. Since it is not a glitch, it plays by the rule of 'if he can see you, you can see him' and therefore shoot his ass.

Second, throw a grenade up there. If you don't hit him there is a pretty good chance of hitting his tac insert and then he is boned when he does die.

Third - see that huge tank of flammable shit behind him? Yeah, shoot that. It explodes gloriously.

Ok, you are right, I just watched a video on how to get up there. The only time I've seen someone get up there, they must have been lagging. When they hit that first ladder, they were going up the middle flat part without any moving animation. To me it looked like like some sort of glitching wall jump. I also had no idea that the rooftop area was so small. The OMA noobtube guy would run back and forth, then get out of line of sight. I figured he was backing up, but he must have just been laying down. I feel much better about this map now.

I know you can get out on the crane, and across to the windows above A. What about the people getting on the other spot above A. Same room, but on the lights (or whatever) that is further back away from the windows?

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    I just had the weirdest shit ever happen.

I went to join a Demo game... and then I get somehow into a map that says it's Hardcore HQ Ricochet Pro or some shit.

But it's in Rust. And there's 9 people on each team.

And there's a UI.

And it's Domination. With a ridiculously high cap amount and no sort of timer.

Apparently people found a way to glitch playlists and set up their own little crazy game of crazy.

We got into two of those tonight.

Is that what happened?

I wonder if that's how people are getting to prestige rank 9 already - I've seen one.

It was especially awesome since one of them was a team deathmatch with friendly fire on. Plus you got XP for teamkilling. It was wonderful.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    spoiler for long quote tree:
    hjparcins wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    You can indeed swap to the same class.

man what

well that's broken

Not really. You give up your tier 1 perk and your secondary weapon in order to do it, and it takes long enough to leave you significantly vulnerable.

I agree. With scavenger you have infinite ammo/grenades, you just have to run over a few packs. With OMA, you have infinite ammo, you just have to give up a perk+secondary weapon+3 seconds. The only time where I thought OMA was broken was when some asshat glitched himself on top of the highrise roof. He would noobtube, throw a few grenades, then OMA and repeat the process.

You know that isn't a glitch, right? Like, people are supposed to be able to get up there. If they weren't than one side of the map would be way over powered since you can (just as) easily get on the 2nd floor of the building.

Correct - not a glitch.

It's pretty hard to do, too. You have to get good at the initial jump, which is pretty tricky at first. I can hit it every single time now, but at least half the time it doesn't matter.

Why? Because it is REALLY EASY to notice a dude shimmying along the ledge from across the map. It is not remotely uncommon to be shot and killed within seconds of exposing your crouching form scooting at a height where just about anyone can shoot you from about half the map.

Also, some tips if a guy is up there snipin' yo ass -

First, shoot him. Since it is not a glitch, it plays by the rule of 'if he can see you, you can see him' and therefore shoot his ass.

Second, throw a grenade up there. If you don't hit him there is a pretty good chance of hitting his tac insert and then he is boned when he does die.

Third - see that huge tank of flammable shit behind him? Yeah, shoot that. It explodes gloriously.

Ok, you are right, I just watched a video on how to get up there. The only time I've seen someone get up there, they must have been lagging. When they hit that first ladder, they were going up the middle flat part without any moving animation. To me it looked like like some sort of glitching wall jump. I also had no idea that the rooftop area was so small. The OMA noobtube guy would run back and forth, then get out of line of sight. I figured he was backing up, but he must have just been laying down. I feel much better about this map now.

I know you can get out on the crane, and across to the windows above A. What about the people getting on the other spot above A. Same room, but on the lights (or whatever) that is further back away from the windows?

Pro Tip: All ladders in this game are climb-able (with the exception of like, one, train on Underpass out back behind B)

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got like four plus K/D in a row! I now love the famas and can't wait until I get a heart beat monitor. If anyone starts up a game in the next while I'd be glad to join to see if I can survive a wee bit longer.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pro Tip: All ladders in this game are climb-able (with the exception of like, one, train on Underpass out back behind B)

I was about to post something sarcastic about how a broken scaffolding doesn't really look like a ladder, then I saw the aluminum folding ladder next the the spot I was asking about near A. So yea, thanks.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I ran into something weird earlier today. I was taking a screenshot of the scoreboard and this weird thing happened.

I'd never seen that before. It's kind of cool, though.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That's pretty awesome.

SJ on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Are those the maximum graphic settings on PC?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kind of. I'm not running any anti-aliasing. It's usually fine, but on some maps, like Scrapyard, it kills my framerate.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you're Rangers on Terminal playing domination, it's pretty much an insta-win. A and C are insanely easy to hold down, just because it's nigh impossible to get flanked.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Am I a dog rapist if I use a SINGLE 1887?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Cat rapist.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

I think we decided a single 1887 makes you a distinguished gentleman...

Edit: for academic source:
    Fats wrote: »
    How's a single 1887 hold up to the SPAS? I still want to use that gun, dog fuckers or no.

You feel like a classy gentleman when you use one.
    ValasDocHoliday.jpg

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Dog diddler.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    RedcatRedcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I'll submit: Puppy Toucher

Redcat on
    360 Metatag for Borderlands: PA Borderwangs
    My 360 tag: Redcat Rising
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, uh, how long has this 16-man rust glitch existed?

It's pretty annoying, we've been dumped into these shitty rust games like 6 times in a row now, no matter what game mode we choose.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Using C4 to get double kills while you're not even looking at the screen is truly the pinnacle of manliness.

Or being a giant pussy. It's all perspective really.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    totallytotally Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am sure a million people have already said it but,
    Goddamn I loved killing Shepherd, It felt soooooooooo good. "How's that knife taste in your eye General Dick?"

totally on
    GT: totallyrobot GSID: totallytotally
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nickle wrote: »

It's pretty annoying, we've been dumped into these shitty rust games like 6 times in a row now, no matter what game mode we choose.

Since launch apparently. Today was the first time it happened to me though it was freaky.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Since launch apparently. Today was the first time it happened to me though it was freaky.

Yeah, it keeps happening, we can't find a normal game at all.

8 times now, all different hosts.

Rust isn't even fun with the regular amount of people...

Nickle on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Rust is a lot of fun once in a great while on TDM. It's like shipment, though shipment was a bit more fun... still, the chaos and sheer "WTF"ness of it is worth an occasional play.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Rust is a lot of fun once in a great while on TDM. It's like shipment, though shipment was a bit more fun... still, the chaos and sheer "WTF"ness of it is worth an occasional play.

Yeah, I can see it being fun once in a while in ffa.

18 people is a bit much, though.

In other news, we finally got in to a real game!

Nickle on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't care if it makes me a horrible person, but I was having a rather bad day and then I unlocked the tac knife for the magnum. Witchknife is absurdly fun to dick around with. :D I single-handedly held the house on Estate. On Terminal I got a triple kill, just with the knife, by flanking the enemy spawn.

Not something I'll use exclusively, but it sure did brighten my mood.

Arrath on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Whoever posted that domination build I thank you. It was incredibly fun capping whilst 2-4 people were firing at me. Of course I couldnt seem to counter men running at me and knifing but I'm guessing that's latency issues.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sigh. Slowly crawling up to a 2.0 K/D, but I'm getting pulmonary embolisms while I get to that.

Anyways, yeah, the FAMAS is a broken piece of shit and I love it to death.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sigh. Slowly crawling up to a 2.0 K/D, but I'm getting pulmonary embolisms while I get to that.

Yeah yeah your awesome , we get it. My epic struggle against a game hellbent on dragging me below 1.0 k/d is a much more interesting topic of discussion. So go on , DISCUSS!

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Yeah yeah your awesome , we get it. My epic struggle against a game hellbent on dragging me below 1.0 k/d is a much more interesting topic of discussion. So go on , DISCUSS!

For one, fuck dog rapists.

BALDSFSADF. It was pretty funny seeing some guy with 1887's shoot at me and have all of his pellets just disappear 3 inches from my face, then get one-bursted from the FAMAS.

HOW'S THAT MARS SIGHT.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fucking christ, whatever unpaid intern they had program their matchmaking and netcode should get their scrotum torn off by rabid weasels. Every other game you try to get in is 18 player glitched private matches on Rust.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm glad I've Prestiged, it's made me a better player - not relying on certain weapons and their attachments

Hawk on
  • Options
    RaiekRaiek Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So rumors are starting to float around that Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer is stressing Xbox360s to the point that they overheat and red ring. Anyone been hearing about this? Friend of mine claimed it has happened to three of his friends already.

Raiek on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raiek wrote: »
    So rumors are starting to float around that Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer is stressing Xbox360s to the point that they overheat and red ring. Anyone been hearing about this? Friend of mine claimed it has happened to three of his friends already.

Thats dumb.

Funny though.

donhonk on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

The only thing MW2 is stressing to the point of overheating is the players.

360's red ring. Faulty hardware, it would happen with any game, and there are many which are more resource consuming than MW2.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Mmm... naw. I don't think there's any correlation between overheating and the RRoD.

Well, maybe just stressing the hardware in general? Still skeptical.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There is just so much bullshit in this game that needs to be processed, 360s can't cope.

PS3 has no problems cause the POWER OF CELL gives the game an entire processor just for "Bullshit".

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, do any of the PAers play hardcore? I've been on that almost exclusively, and it seems to correct for so much of the retarded stuff in the game. Had to play normal (softcore? core?) to finish the noobtube challenge, and man, it just plays like such a different game.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    God dammit, ran into the Rust thing again. Why is everyone doing this? And before this match, someone nuke boosted. This game is full of stupid fucking bullshit.

Edit: Just tried finding another game, and it's Rust. Rust Rust Rust.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    rndmhero wrote: »
    So, do any of the PAers play hardcore? I've been on that almost exclusively, and it seems to correct for so much of the retarded stuff in the game. Had to play normal (softcore? core?) to finish the noobtube challenge, and man, it just plays like such a different game.

I play it occasionally, when I can't take the bullshit in other modes and want to try something a bit different. It's ok, except for the fact that it's Call of Camping, Modern SitinacornerwithanACR 2.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Something is pretty messed up. I am not exaggerating when I say I have not been able to join a game of any type for the last two hours that has not been shunted to a bugged game of Rust or bugged domination on some other map.

Redcat on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dashui wrote: »
    God dammit, ran into the Rust thing again. Why is everyone doing this? And before this match, someone nuke boosted. This game is full of stupid fucking bullshit.

Edit: Just tried finding another game, and it's Rust. Rust Rust Rust.

I saw you logged on and was going to set up a game, but it seriously has been this crap all night so I said fuck it and quit.

Redcat on