As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON] WARMACHINE & HORDES Mk II: Gencon is upon us! Primal Mk II is out!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    didn't see thses guys posted yet... Exempler Cenerators.
    Cinerators_CLPD.png
    Emboldened from the wounds inflicted by the impure, Exemplar Cinerators move ahead of their brothers in arms, the Bastions, to breach enemy ranks with flame and steel. Cinerators channel the agony of their wounds into holy rage and are armed with ancient blades and shields passed down from fallen Knights through the centuries. An unquenchable flame flickers across the blade, blazing white-hot when wielded in battle.

I don't care what game system you play, those are some badass looking dudes right there.
    Product Information
    Classification: Unit
    Classification: Plastic
    PIP Code: 32059
    Price: $44.99*
    Model Count: 5
    Packaging: Box
    Release Date: April 30, 2010
    *Product information and prices subject to change

see317 on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    see317 wrote: »
    didn't see thses guys posted yet... Exempler Cenerators.

Cinerators have been out for a while. They trade Sanguine Bond, Reach, and Blessed for +1 ARM, +2SPD when damaged, and Avatar's Flame Burst. Same point cost.

If they had reach, they might have been worth while.

Here's to hoping they get it back in FoM.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ARM 17. 8 HP. Get faster when shot.

I see nothing wrong with this.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

There's nothing wrong with it, but sanguine bond is so good.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    jackisreal wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with it, but sanguine bond is so good.

The problem is +1.5" threat all the time is better than +2" threat some of the time. The only time it would be good is if they managed to do one our two damage on turn one, so that they could get the +4" on a run.

Flame Burst is ten times easier to dodge than Shatter Storm.

+1 arm is terribly inferior to Sanguine Bond, especially in Harby/pReclaimer lists. I could see them being used in eReclaimer lists, maybe.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »
    Pretty sure PP said at some point that the large-based casters wouldn't go epic.

That UA is sick. WTB something that good for Stormguard. kkthx

It doesn't have a mini-feat, though. +4rng, rof 2, or even CRA for 1 round would have been nice. I do like how it gives you a reason to keep the standard around, seeing as he is entirely useless without Purity. He's entirely useless with eKreoss, though.

It's the same reason why the Mage Hunters don't have CRA. If they did, they'd be asininely broken. The Errants already ignore every spell buff in the game. With the Solo, they also get to ignore concealment and cover and LOS through forests. Really, the only things they can't ignore at this point that the MHSF get to are clouds, buildings, other models, and focus points.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Pretty sure PP said at some point that the large-based casters wouldn't go epic.

It doesn't have a mini-feat, though. +4rng, rof 2, or even CRA for 1 round would have been nice. I do like how it gives you a reason to keep the standard around, seeing as he is entirely useless without Purity. He's entirely useless with eKreoss, though.

It's the same reason why the Mage Hunters don't have CRA. If they did, they'd be asininely broken. The Errants already ignore every spell buff in the game. With the Solo, they also get to ignore concealment and cover and LOS through forests. Really, the only things they can't ignore at this point that the MHSF get to are clouds, buildings, other models, and focus points.

Haven't actually seen the solo's stats, but that sounds awesome. Part of me just feels robbed by not having a minifeat.

Would it be possible to get the Errant solo stats?

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Two Tactics and spell immunity is totally worth not having a mini-feat.

The Gun Mage UA doesn't have a mini-feat either... I'm not complaining. Neither do Stormblades... still not complaining.

(edit: apparently mini-feats are not a Cygnar thing. The only UA with a mini-feat are the Precursors)

admanb on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Two Tactics and spell immunity is totally worth not having a mini-feat.

The Gun Mage UA doesn't have a mini-feat either... I'm not complaining. Neither do Stormblades... still not complaining.

(edit: apparently mini-feats are not a Cygnar thing. The only UA with a mini-feat are the Precursors)

Another strike against Cygnar, and more proof that Precursors are the only good thing to come from them.

Really, I just like feats. Minifeats basically double the enjoyment of the game for me.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    ValhallaValhalla Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Carn, if you want to get on here shortly, I think I have the time for a game this evening. If your interested.

Valhalla on
    wtf.jpg
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

Haven't actually seen the solo's stats, but that sounds awesome. Part of me just feels robbed by not having a minifeat.

Would it be possible to get the Errant solo stats?

The Errant solo is in the NQ that came out back in March.

SPD 6, STR 6, MAT 8, RAT 7, 12/16, CMD 9. AD, Commander, Fearless, Pathfinder
    Assault Charge, Call to Sacrifice [Errants], Hunter, Leadership [Errants] - Models in CMD gain Hunter.

Same weapons as Errants.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm still accepting tournament sign-ups and still checking for confirmation from:

* Rend
    Zellpher

And everybody who isn't Carnarvon or Plutonium should be working on their lists.

admanb on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So it looks like the threads detailing the Menoth tier forces were taken down. Well, but I had Reznik's up.
    Reznik
    Warjacks: all normal ones
    Units: Choir, Exemplar Cinerators, Flameguard Cleansers
    Solos: Hierophant, Reclaimers, Wracks, Vassal solos

Tier 1: only above
    : Wracks at 20 paces. can deploy wracks 20" instead of 16

Tier 2: 2+ Cleansers
    : Cleansers gain Advance deploy

Tier 3: 3+ Units
    : You get 3 free wracks that ignore FA

Tier 4: 2+ Heavy Jacks
    : +2 speed on first turn for jacks

No Bastions, no Errants and meh tier bonuses. :(

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    DragonPup wrote: »
    So it looks like the threads detailing the Menoth tier forces were taken down. Well, but I had Reznik's up.
    Reznik
    Warjacks: all normal ones
    Units: Choir, Exemplar Cinerators, Flameguard Cleansers
    Solos: Hierophant, Reclaimers, Wracks, Vassal solos

Tier 1: only above
    : Wracks at 20 paces. can deploy wracks 20" instead of 16

Tier 2: 2+ Cleansers
    : Cleansers gain Advance deploy

Tier 3: 3+ Units
    : You get 3 free wracks that ignore FA

Tier 4: 2+ Heavy Jacks
    : +2 speed on first turn for jacks

No Bastions, no Errants and meh tier bonuses. :(

Wracks are great with Reznik, +4" is pretty good. I've never needed more than 3 wracks, though.

2x Min Choir, max Cinerators(with AD!), 1 set of Wracks. That's not bad at all. Take a Guardian so you arc spells with all that extra focus. +2spd means that Crusaders run 12", Reckoners 14". More than enough room for 3 jacks, Cleansers, and Vassals.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm still accepting tournament sign-ups and still checking for confirmation from:

Rend
    Zellpher

And everybody who isn't Carnarvon or Plutonium should be working on their lists.

Do you need lists submitted? Or are we waiting for sign-ups to be complete?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Damn, that UA is nice. Definitely worth the 2 points. And unfortunately it looks like only Cleansers get the AD, not the Cinerators.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Another strike against Cygnar, and more proof that Precursors are the only good thing to come from them.
    What?

General Nemo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lists sent off. Should be an interesting tourney :)

Valhalla on
    wtf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rainfall wrote: »

The tournament will start precisely whenever I feel like it, but that requires I have the lists. :)

admanb on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

The tournament will start precisely whenever I feel like it, but that requires I have the lists. :)

Good point. My lists are in! Fuck yeah Legion of Everblight.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    SepulcherSepulcher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Not that his word is his bond or anything. But I believe Douglas Seacat mentioning he wanted to follow up Nightfall with a bit of fluff concerning not-so-major plotline characters. So if anyone went epic in the next expansion I'd look towards the lessor known guys fluffwise. Siege, Mortenbra, Zerkova. As for Baldur.. being the ONLY caster/warlock to actually... well.. die. Rumor has it he'll be returning to Circle, not Legion. Also, I believe in Meta it's hinted that his soul becomes encased within Megalith.

It'd be interesting though to see what actually happens. I suppose it can go either way. I prefer PP's method of fluff over GW's. GW was too generic.. it was here's the good guys, here's the bad guys, everything stays the same. Even with their campaigns nothing really changed. Archaon dies.. that's about it. I like how PP has plots and then subplots - for instance.. Goreshade saying screw you to Cryx to temporarily further his own little war. I mean the whole nobody dies when casters come to blows thing is kinda silly but I see why they have to do that game-wise. We can't have all of the heroes dying off, can we? :lol:

As for Cygnar.. I doubt they have anything to worry about from Skorne. They have to collect up and restore what Vinter pretty much ruined. Why? Still a mystery to me. Although PP did a great job leaving it open ended... Vinter could probably return with a new race/faction - who knows.

Sepulcher on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Vinter runs away to Zu and returns with an army of Totem Hunters.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That would rule.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    KarilmatKarilmat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sepulcher wrote: »
    Not that his word is his bond or anything. But I believe Douglas Seacat mentioning he wanted to follow up Nightfall with a bit of fluff concerning not-so-major plotline characters. So if anyone went epic in the next expansion I'd look towards the lessor known guys fluffwise. Siege, Mortenbra, Zerkova. As for Baldur.. being the ONLY caster/warlock to actually... well.. die. Rumor has it he'll be returning to Circle, not Legion. Also, I believe in Meta it's hinted that his soul becomes encased within Megalith.

It'd be interesting though to see what actually happens. I suppose it can go either way. I prefer PP's method of fluff over GW's. GW was too generic.. it was here's the good guys, here's the bad guys, everything stays the same. Even with their campaigns nothing really changed. Archaon dies.. that's about it. I like how PP has plots and then subplots - for instance.. Goreshade saying screw you to Cryx to temporarily further his own little war. I mean the whole nobody dies when casters come to blows thing is kinda silly but I see why they have to do that game-wise. We can't have all of the heroes dying off, can we? :lol:

As for Cygnar.. I doubt they have anything to worry about from Skorne. They have to collect up and restore what Vinter pretty much ruined. Why? Still a mystery to me. Although PP did a great job leaving it open ended... Vinter could probably return with a new race/faction - who knows.

Technically, Deneghra and the Harbinger have both also died in the fluff (possibly twice for Harby!), but were brought back to life through evil necromancy and/or divine intervention. I would love to see eBaldur be a Wold, that would be pretty neat. It would have to look quite a bit different from the current Wolds, though, so there's no confusion about what is what. Very cool.

Karilmat on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Rend
    Zellpher

Confirming my interest in crushing my enemies under the corrosive boot heels of the dragon father.

Rend on
  • Options
    SepulcherSepulcher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Vinter runs away to Zu and returns with an army of Totem Hunters.

That was actually what I thought when I put Meta down after reading. Would be awesome. But then MacBane (McBain?) by virtue of his Schwarzeneggerishness would have to put them all down. Mwhaha

And true.. those 2 girls did die.. guess I forgot since they were resurrected/divinely saved.

Sepulcher on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PoM book get!

If anyone's got any questions, I can look it up quick.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KarilmatKarilmat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »
    PoM book get!

Any chance you could share the general guidelines for ToM's tier list? I'm going to be running ToM at the Nightfall finale tomorrow, and I wanted to see if it was worth changing my list to meet the tier.

Karilmat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PoM book get!

Spoiler'd plot synopsis once you finish reading?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    nothingmannothingman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    About the epic thing, if Kraye goes epic before Siege I will cry.

Also, about the Mage Hunter ua. Played a tier list against three units of them - each with a UA. Horrible. I saw someone say that their phantom seeker still needs line of sight through models and clouds - is this true? I hope to all the gods so!

nothingman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Uhhh, no. They ignore LOS. Period.

Basically the only thing they don't ignore is Stealth.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The druids of the Circle Orboros have continued to experiment with the forbidden processes by which they transform men into the terrifying warpwolves. Volunteers chosen for the keenness of their minds as well as their strength in battle are candidates for the altered rites that produce the warpwolf stalker. Unlike their totally animalistic kin, the stalkers retain a more than animal cunning. They prowl the dense foliage of the Immoren forests, stalking their unsuspecting prey before leaping out to deliver powerful killing blows in a berserk frenzy.
    WarpwolfStalker.png

Eh, it looks too... civilized for me.

DragonPup on

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Devourer of Vile-Tis!

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PoM book get!

Do Cinerators have reach? Has Avatar changed from his pdf card? Are there any Flameguard solos? Did Cinerators get a UA, or otherwise change from their pdf card?

Danke.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PoM book get!

Do Cinerators have reach? Did Cinerators get a UA, or otherwise change from their pdf card?

Danke.

No, and no because they might be awesome then. Errants got the badass UA.

DragonPup on

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Karilmat wrote: »
    PoM book get!

Any chance you could share the general guidelines for ToM's tier list? I'm going to be running ToM at the Nightfall finale tomorrow, and I wanted to see if it was worth changing my list to meet the tier.

ToM: Sands of Fate.

Warjacks:
    Non-Character warjacks, Avatar.

Units:
    Exemplar Errants, Holy Zealots, Idrian Skirmishers

Solos:

Exemplar Errant Seneshals, Reclaimers, Vassals of Menoth, Idrian solos

T1: Only models above.
    Benefit: Zealots get AD

T2: Two or more Exemplar Errant units.
    Benefit: You get +1 on your starting roll for the game.

T3: Two Idrian Skirmisher units
    Benefit: Skirmisher units are -1 points.

T4: Army includes a Avatar of Menoth.
    Benefit: Models/units in the army gain Incorporeal during your first turn of the game.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    DragonPup wrote: »
    PoM book get!

Do Cinerators have reach? Did Cinerators get a UA, or otherwise change from their pdf card?

Danke.

No, and no because they might be awesome then. Errants got the badass UA.

What I meant to say was: Did Cleansers get a UA/change from PDF?

Cinerators with reach would have been usable. As in, I still probably wouldn't have taken them. With any luck, they'll get a solo/ua that gives them pathfinder when charging/increased flame burst radius.

Also: ToM's list is pretty damned expensive. 31pts with min units and no zealots/UAs. It's nice to see Idrians getting attention.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    there are pdf cards? Oh man.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Holy shit. I just went on the PoM community section... to try and find the PoM tier lists. And man... I read like 3 pages.. and there are like 5 or 6 people being complete assholes.

I mean, correcting someone when they are wrong is one thing.. But being a complete and total jackass to someone just because they didn't know tiers needed to stack (which is sorta obvious but still..) is really uncalled for.

Damn. People are such shit heads.

Valhalla on
    wtf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Valhalla wrote: »
    I just went on the PoM community section

Found your problem.

Carnarvon on