As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Talks

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Why does [chat] keep posting Pink Floyd? Especialy from the Wall, blergh!

I blergh you

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Westboro Baptist

I read this as Westbury Rapist and I have no idea why.

Is it because of your penchant for rape?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

I blergh you

The Wall is there weakest album.

I'll chalk this up to your youth, Nerd, but what's SOTAR's excuse?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Bogart! Check out the drawings my friend has been doing for our superhero campaign.
    DSC04189.JPG
    The Discman II

gg.JPG
    The Grey Ghost

DSC04204.JPG
    Arbiter, Master of Mental Menace

DSC04203.JPG
    The Macrophage

DSC04198.JPG
    The Living Glacier

DSC04190.JPG
    Blue Bolt

DSC04201.JPG
    Silver Shadow

I'm pretty excited; he just called me tonight to let me know that he'd been uploading like mad.

They're a bit small and faded out because Obsidian Portal shrinks everything to like 15k and he doesn't have a proper scanner, just a digicam, but he's borrowed a wacom tablet from a friend and is going to start cranking out full-color work here pretty soon, which is cool, because my completely megalomaniac yet startlingly petty goal is to get to be a featured campaign on the front page of the site. I would love to have our geekery validated.

The really nice thing though is that my friend has taken a real shine to the tablet and is starting to give serious thought to building a portfolio and trying to get commercial work. He's been starving to death trying to make it as a "fine artist" in galleries and has spent the last year or two watching a bunch of his peers riding off into the sunset with giant grants for doing tampon-in-a-teacup type stuff. I've always felt like he was missing his calling as an illustrator and he's finally starting to come round.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the last six or so songs of the wall are sweet as beans, and the rest are pretty decent, jokerman

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Westboro Baptist

I read this as Westbury Rapist and I have no idea why.

Is it because of your penchant for rape?

Oh yeah! That's it!

How could I forget.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the last six or so songs of the wall are sweet as beans, and the rest are pretty decent, jokerman

The Wall is so over played. And the movie was so fucking godawful.

Bob Geldolf? Really?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Bogart! Check out the drawings my friend has been doing for our superhero campaign.
    DSC04189.JPG
    The Discman II

gg.JPG
    The Grey Ghost

DSC04204.JPG
    Arbiter, Master of Mental Menace

DSC04203.JPG
    The Macrophage

DSC04198.JPG
    The Living Glacier

DSC04190.JPG
    Blue Bolt

DSC04201.JPG
    Silver Shadow

I'm pretty excited; he just called me tonight to let me know that he'd been uploading like mad.

They're a bit small and faded out because Obsidian Portal shrinks everything to like 15k and he doesn't have a proper scanner, just a digicam, but he's borrowed a wacom tablet from a friend and is going to start cranking out full-color work here pretty soon, which is cool, because my completely megalomaniac yet startlingly petty goal is to get to be a featured campaign on the front page of the site. I would love to have our geekery validated.

The really nice thing though is that my friend has taken a real shine to the tablet and is starting to give serious thought to building a portfolio and trying to get commercial work. He's been starving to death trying to make it as a "fine artist" in galleries and has spent the last year or two watching a bunch of his peers riding off into the sunset with giant grants for doing tampon-in-a-teacup type stuff. I've always felt like he was missing his calling as an illustrator and he's finally starting to come round.

Just a tip to your friend, I've seen artists use www.wix.com to fantastic effect for having an online portfolio of work.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Bob Geldolf? Really?

Well yeah, that mans a sill coose (the c is there for a reason), but you can't judge an album on a movie featuring a coose.

Johannen on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I kinda want a graphics tablet to aid in my map-making. The only one I could find was one without a pen though, which I just don't understand.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Awesome, thanks Joh. I'll pass that along.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I kinda want a graphics tablet to aid in my map-making. The only one I could find was one without a pen though, which I just don't understand.

What the huh? That's...perplexing. o_O

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    morning. I am tired.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I know right? Why does choco make maps? o_O

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Bob Geldolf? Really?

Well yeah, that mans a sill coose (the c is there for a reason), but you can't judge an album on a movie featuring a coose.

I just think it's a weak album, ESPECIALY compaired to there earlier stuff.

There's probably two or three tracks on the album I like, and I like them alot, but as an album it's just so lacking.

I mean I've owned Dark side of the moon since I was probably 15\16, and I'm still finding little nuances about it. Everytime I put it on, it's still fresh.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I blergh you

The Wall is there weakest album.

I'll chalk this up to your youth, Nerd, but what's SOTAR's excuse?

kc-buttsound.jpg

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

What the huh? That's...perplexing. o_O

Yup. It was a Wacom Bamboo Touch at Best Buy, and if they actually sold proper tablets there the sales guy must have been shit, because he said they don't sell them with pens anymore. I figured it was bullshit but I didn't care enough to keep looking.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Jacob, it's always cool when the players go the extra mile and start producing groovy paraphenalia for their characters. I really like the lumpy skull guy.

Bogart on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Terminator Salvation would have been so much better if they made it more clear that Sam Worthington was the main character. Nothing involving John Connor was particularly interesting. You actually get to watch Worthington's character develop, and make friends, including a love interest. Meanwhile Connor's got his own radio show and his pregnant wife's become the most brilliant veterinarian to ever live.

Also, Moon Bloodgood. More Sam Worthington means more Bloodgood. Maybe we even get to see them fool around. So many reasons to pick Worthington over Bale in that movie, and yet Connor prevails.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah The movie The Wall was terrible but come on, it is a good album.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    The movie had some neat bits.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Jacob, it's always cool when the players go the extra mile and start producing groovy paraphenalia for their characters. I really like the lumpy skull guy.

I need an awesome artist friend :(

.......And people to play D&D with :(

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

It's probably the fact that I grew up on classic rock stations, and I still listen to alot of classic rock stations when I'm out and about so singles from the wall are the most likely to get overplayed.

Pretty much the same reason Money is my least favorite cut off of DSOTM.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Bogart: I am really tickled pink by this development and am trying to find ways to keep it going as long as possible. I think I might reward artistic contributions to the wiki with bonus power points in-game. It only seems fair and I'd love to get the whole group in on the act.
    Terminator Salvation would have been so much better if they made it more clear that Sam Worthington was the main character. Nothing involving John Connor was particularly interesting. You actually get to watch Worthington's character develop, and make friends, including a love interest. Meanwhile Connor's got his own radio show and his pregnant wife's become the most brilliant veterinarian to ever live.

Also, Moon Bloodgood. More Sam Worthington means more Bloodgood. Maybe we even get to see them fool around. So many reasons to pick Worthington over Bale in that movie, and yet Connor prevails.

Well, that's the thing. I think if you're making a movie about Terminator in the future - where people have been waiting 25 years to see John Connor in action - it's a sign of some fundamental mistakes made along the way when the randomly inserted new character gets all the development, hangs out with the hot girl, et cetera.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Money is one of my least favourite tracks on Dark Side of the Moon, but I don't really know why. I haven't actually heard it played that much.

Great Gig in the Sky is by far my favourite, though.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

It's probably the fact that I grew up on classic rock stations, and I still listen to alot of classic rock stations when I'm out and about so singles from the wall are the most likely to get overplayed.

Pretty much the same reason Money is my least favorite cut off of DSOTM.

Ok fair enough. I am glad you just aren't immediately like I SEE SOMETHING SOMEONE ELSE LIKES THAT I DISLIKE! I MUST SHIT ON IT~

• Options
    edited July 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nWnLxYzuBE&

Why don't we broaden our horizons a bit?*

This song just puts me in a good mood.

If anyone who were really devoted to music read this they would probably hang me.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I love that song, Choco, but it absolutely must come with the amazing video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BBNZ-ejjU

It's like a design nerd's wet dream. The HBO logo made me smile ear to ear.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If anyone who were really devoted to music read this they would probably hang me.

i finaly gave it a spin because it gets posted to [chat] at least 3 times a day.

It's not bad, reminds me of Demon Days.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

That's because Justice are awesomesauce with a side for fantastisalad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49esza4eiK4

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    And how to make a pantswee remix of your own songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwfhT7e_HI&feature=related

Johannen on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bogart: I am really tickled pink by this development and am trying to find ways to keep it going as long as possible. I think I might reward artistic contributions to the wiki with bonus power points in-game. It only seems fair and I'd love to get the whole group in on the act.

Well, that's the thing. I think if you're making a movie about Terminator in the future - where people have been waiting 25 years to see John Connor in action - it's a sign of some fundamental mistakes made along the way when the randomly inserted new character gets all the development, hangs out with the hot girl, et cetera.

It's like they went "man, we don't wanna make a movie about Connor. He's been done so much and is actually super boring - especially whilst in the position he's supposed to be in the future." so they made a movie about something cool and interesting then they were like "oh shit, fans will be rabid if Connor doesn't get involved somehow in this movie. *sacrifice*"

D:

I hate Connor now, indirectly killing cool Robo-Human.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    This is the HBO thing I'm referring to, btw, for those who were deprived by not growing up in the 80s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9N9AByVnZ4

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010

Every time I see her name I go "holy shit, she has six Os in her name!"

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I love that song, Choco, but it absolutely must come with the amazing video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BBNZ-ejjU

It's like a design nerd's wet dream. The HBO logo made me smile ear to ear.

Oh man, that's the first I've seen of it.

I have not been listening to Justice long, which is really the only appropriate excuse.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So much YT clips so much no sound and stuck at work. Booo

Aldo on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man my paycheck is going to be frightfully thin next week. I've already lost a day's worth of hours 'cause they keep sending me home early and now I'm missing a full day because they told me basically there'd only be about three hours of work again and I should just come in tomorrow.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Dang cass, that must be pretty annoying.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh man my paycheck is going to be frightfully thin next week. I've already lost a day's worth of hours 'cause they keep sending me home early and now I'm missing a full day because they told me basically there'd only be about three hours of work again and I should just come in tomorrow.

Aw dang. If it helps, my dad is going to be giving me the job I had working with him back. He was under the impression I hated it when really I felt useless doing it. He has assured me otherwise, and since he repo'd the truck I used back from mom's deadbeat cousin who refused to pay for it in full, I'm going to be working in the mornings as well.

Rear Admiral Choco on
This discussion has been closed.