As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uwe Boll offends everyone! (Postal the movie)

ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
As if he hasn't gone far enough...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156732
Uwe Boll Watch: Someone's Seen Postal
The German trickster's about to offend, well, everyone.
By Patrick Klepek, 01/26/2007

We know Uwe Boll has challenged himself to pull no punches with the Postal movie. The game caused endless controversy, and it appears Boll's looking to repeat that in Hollywood, if the impressions from IGN Filmforce, based on 20 minutes of footage, are anything to go buy. Hell, if even half of what IGN's seen appears in the final cut that eventually appears in American theaters, it'll make millions on shock value alone.
Here's what we're supposed to expect: Osama Bin Laden making cracks about 9/11, tongue-in-cheek Columbine reenactments, a man pooping onto the camera, David Foley of News Radio going full-frontal and harsh jabs at religious doctrine. Apparently, nothing's sacred to Boll, and we're already wishing Postal was headed to DVD, so we could see all the scenes that will be inevitably cut for an R rating.

A bit of IGN's impressions:

"IGN recently got a chance to check out footage from the flick, and it may boil down to one of the most inflammatory pieces of film ever. If it makes it to theaters, expect pickets, threats... the whole nine.
What's so raw about the film? It attacks nearly everything Americans -- well, everyone -- holds sacred. Whereas other films have tiptoed around 9/11 and school shootings, Postal plays them off as humorous. Many hold to the philosophy that nothing is off limits in comedy, but there do seem to be exceptions to the rule, and the aforementioned topics fall into that category.

The filmmakers are adamant that it is satire, but have no compunction about offending. In fact, they intend to challenge and divide audiences, and seem to be ready for the backlash. It's obvious that everything is played for laughs, but does that make it better or worse? Audiences will be the final jury."

Mr. Boll, if America didn't already hate you, I'd say they're about to.

All I can say is that if any of this is true then he has gone way to far this time. If this does not get him blacklisted in Hollywood I don't know what will.

Artoria on

• Options
    powersspowerss Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Christ. Who keeps giving this asshole money?

powerss on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wouldn't this be better for D&D?

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    NeedleNeedle Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Uwe Boll obviously can do whatever he wants. For example, he has a record of insulting the actors in his movies and blaming the shittyness of his movies on them. No one seems to care.

Needle on
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, what you're saying is that Uwe Boll has perhaps finally made a good movie?

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Some studio took one for the team by funding this movie. If it ever actually sees release, Boll will be murdered by some activist and the world will be a better place.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    Krunch XPKrunch XP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I love it!

Granted, it's not really style in humor, so much as Jackass isn't my style in humor ( I'm more of a misogynists ), but I loved the games ( 2 more than 1 ) and if they can deliver absolute topical filth, then more power to them/him.

Krunch XP on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Does this actually have anything to do with the game? Because the impression I'm getting is the game was incredibly offensive, so he's just making a movie that's incredibly offensive.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh no David Foley no!

No no no!

:(

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    When is the Dungeon Siege movie supposed to be released?

Couscous on
  • Options
    Krunch XPKrunch XP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Does this actually have anything to do with the game? Because the impression I'm getting is the game was incredibly offensive, so he's just making a movie that's incredibly offensive.

I don't recall reading anything about a story, and this article only describes the reactions to a clip montage...
    But I assume that the story will be a "Goonies" type adventure, where one man goes out and has many experiences.

Krunch XP on
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The good news is that maybe some crazed protestor will kill Uwe Boll and end his reign of terror.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    The_DcipleThe_Dciple Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh no David Foley no!

No no no!

:(

The_Dciple on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

From what I've read he is not letting the game makers have any input at all on this.

Artoria on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This could actually end up as one of my favorite movies.

good work uwe (for once)

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This sounds like a Boll movie I'd actually watch.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I imagine upon release every copy of this film will promptly be burned.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    PenguinSephPenguinSeph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    dragonsama wrote:

From what I've read he is not letting the game makers have any input at all on this.
    ...then how is it a game movie?

PenguinSeph on
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think you guys are overreacting to this.

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    dragonsama wrote:

...then how is it a game movie?

God I hate this man.

Langly on
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    titmouse wrote:
    When is the Dungeon Siege movie supposed to be released?

Movies. Last I heard, this grand epic, staring Jason Statham as "Farmer" (which is clever because the main character in Dungeon Siege starts out as a farmer, you see), and Burt Reynolds as the most washed up and intoxicated king ever, is just too much awesome for one movie.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Klyka wrote:

good work uwe (for once)

I was just thinking, this might be the one Uwe Boll movie I actually watch, just for curiousity.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Krunch XP wrote:

I don't recall reading anything about a story, and this article only describes the reactions to a clip montage...
    But I assume that the story will be a "Goonies" type adventure, where one man goes out and has many experiences.

This should be Office Space with a homicidally deranged "protagonist."

Tiemler on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Klyka wrote:

good work uwe (for once)

I was just thinking, this might be the one Uwe Boll movie I actually watch, just for curiousity.

I watched "Alone in the Dark" because a friend told me it his so shitty that it's hilarious.

Afterwards I punched said friend in the face because it was shitty without the hilarious.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Tiemler wrote:
    Krunch XP wrote:

Actually I thought they already made a postal movie. It was called "Falling Down"

Artoria on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Klyka wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

good work uwe (for once)

I watched "Alone in the Dark" because a friend told me it his so shitty that it's hilarious.

Afterwards I punched said friend in the face because it was shitty without the hilarious.

If it makes you feel any better, that makes me laugh.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    It does.

And regarding Postal:

I can't wait to see, for the first time ever, a man shit on a camera all in glorious 1080p.

That should actually be the clip running on every HD television in a store.

Just imagine the customers going:

"Dis' shit looks REAL man!"

HDTV would be standard in 2months tops.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I want to see inflammatory garbage insult the hell out of everyone and everything. That'd be sweet.

Plus, I hope someone gets peed on in the movie.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I cant see this going well, we really dont need anti gaming zealots to get more fuel for there retarded fire, and this will stoke it quite nicely.

I can see the outrage already... " Film based on POPULAR VIDEO GAME, shits on america and everything we hold sacred." "Columbine is a joke for Video Gamers."

I just know we will get caught up in this retardfest.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    dragonsama wrote:
    Tiemler wrote:
    Krunch XP wrote:

Actually I thought they already made a postal movie. It was called "Falling Down"

Aw man, that movie was awesome. And probably more like a postal game than any crap that shithead here is going to make.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    LockeCole wrote:
    dragonsama wrote:
    Tiemler wrote:
    Krunch XP wrote:

Aw man, that movie was awesome. And probably more like a postal game than any crap that shithead here is going to make.

But "Falling Down" is about a guy snapping and becoming a psycho.

Postal (at least Postal 2) is about a man going to the library which then gets attacked by muslim terrorists looking like Osama bin Laden, which leads said man to take an M16 with a cat attached to it's front as a silencer to kill said terrorists and get back to his caravan.

Is it really so similar?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    crash5scrash5s Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darkmayo wrote:
    I cant see this going well, we really dont need anti gaming zealots to get more fuel for there retarded fire, and this will stoke it quite nicely.

I can see the outrage already... " Film based on POPULAR VIDEO GAME, shits on america and everything we hold sacred." "Columbine is a joke for Video Gamers."

On the plus side we can expect many interesting "debates" between Boll and the anti-games crusaders.

crash5s on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    crash5s wrote:
    darkmayo wrote:

On the plus side we can expect many interesting "debates" between Boll and the anti-games crusaders.

Uwe Boll punching JT in the face

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I am excited to see this. While I am hesitant to give Uwe any money- I'm pretty sure I haven't so far- it just looks too hilarious [ly bad] to pass up.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hmm, I wonder if the controversial material will somehow mask his complete lack of talent...

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Let's not pretend the game had much of a story to begin with.

Dude goes crazy, runs around killing people. Unarmed citizens, police forces, military personnel, and a marching band are all gunned down. The last level is a kindergarten playground where, thankfully, the "hero" finally loses it and just passes out, or something, rather than killing dozens of five-year-olds.

That's seriously it. There's nothing else to the game.

Captain K on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Torso Boy wrote:
    I am excited to see this. While I am hesitant to give Uwe any money- I'm pretty sure I haven't so far- it just looks too hilarious [ly bad] to pass up.

I keeping thinking that about his movies, but somehow when I finally see them, they are always just bad without being hilariously bad.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Just a conforming non-conformist. Twilight ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hmm, I wonder if the controversial material will somehow mask his complete lack of talent...

During the Medieval period, cooks would use excess spices to flavor rotting foods. I think there is an analogy here.

Noneoftheabove on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    dragonsama wrote:

So it's no different from any of his other moves, hay-oh.

Furu on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darkmayo wrote:
    crash5s wrote:
    darkmayo wrote:

Uwe Boll punching JT in the face

Whoever wins, we lose

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Really though, this sounds like a bunch of explotive, "edgy" crap that's trying to hard and I can guarantee you this will either get edited to hell or never see the light of day.

Also if I wanted to see someone shit on camera and call it entertainment, I'd go watch Bloodrayne.

Furu on