As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mount and Blade:Warband-X Mod better than Y Mod- Z Mod okay

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Some of the mercenary troops you can recruit in taverns in Native Expanded are females.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Oh, I guess I never played Native Expanded... might have to look into that.

I only played native Native, and of course Diplomacy which is sort've a Native expanded in and of itself.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Floris has recruitable female troops as well.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Oh that's awesome. Found this on the M&B forums.

Don't like your wife wearing that stupid hat? Want her to wear some armor? Or just be naked? Do this:

Open conversation.txt
    Find the following lines (some of the numbers may be different):
    dlga_spouse_talk:spouse_household_possessions 69631 468 0 Let_us_take_inventory_of_our_household_possessions 723 1 2041 1 360287970189640508 NO_VOICEOVER
    dlga_spouse_household_possessions:spouse_pretalk 4095 723 0 Anyway,_that_is_the_content_of_our_larder. 724 0 NO_VOICEOVER

In between them, add:
    dlga_spouse_talk:spouse_inventory_wife xxxxx xxx x Let_me_see_your_equipment 0 1 2051 0 NO_VOICEOVER
    where the x's match the numbers of the line above it.

Your wife will now have a conversation topic to open her inventory.

ok so i finally got around to doing this, thinking my wife will be decked out in the pimpest platemail i can find, but alas she cant wear it..... I cant use this my eye

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, they still have item restrictions, like strength. Not sure if it's possible to edit that, but I bet it is.

• Options
    bah she will be naked until she learns to wear armor, its like a learning to wear power armor in fallout 3 right? right? lazy bitz.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    So, hm. I took over the entire damn continent as a female character without marrying and I didn't get the Empress achievement. The game just kept going on like normal. Do I just have to run off every other ruler, or possess each property myself, or what?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    yeah the victory clauses for the game are insane, you might need to take yourself and a band of companions and route the remaining lords aligned to the former factions for about a month, sadly eventually you will get your cheevo

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Just picked this up from the most recent Paradox sale on Steam. Loving it so far, but only playing it Vanilla till I get used to it a bit more, then I'll search the Mod's. Is there a mod that is true to the 'vision' of the game, but basically fixes the 'bugs' of the game that is a must have? Kinda like the mod for Stalker?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    TweakMB I would say is what you're looking for @Banzai5150

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    Just picked this up from the most recent Paradox sale on Steam. Loving it so far, but only playing it Vanilla till I get used to it a bit more, then I'll search the Mod's. Is there a mod that is true to the 'vision' of the game, but basically fixes the 'bugs' of the game that is a must have? Kinda like the mod for Stalker?

Diplomacy is the only one I have experience with that kinda does that. Floris keeps the vanilla setting but merges a lot of popular mods (that reminds me, I need to check to see if the new version ever came out).

Prophecy of Pendor is for when you're ready to step it up.

Edit: Aaaand the answer is No

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm reading the manual to see if I can learn anything, and reading the forums as well. I will check out Diplomacy and the Tweak thing.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    Thanks guys, I'm reading the manual to see if I can learn anything, and reading the forums as well. I will check out Diplomacy and the Tweak thing.

Tweak isn't a mod so much as a tool to fix questionable game decisions. Invaluable if you value your sanity nonetheless.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Oh I understand that, was just lumping in my thanks for the two people that piped up and gave me some info. I'm still playing Vanilla though right now, trying to get a 'feel' for things before I use a mod or tweak any settings.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    teg5511teg5511 Registered User regular
    The floris mod pack is probably what you're looking for if you want something that keeps the flavour and setting of vanilla, but improves on almost every element of the game. Hasn't been released for the latest version though, so it'll be awhile before it'll be usable again :(

Don't overlook the mods that put you in a new setting though, a lot of them are great! Brytenwalda, Prophecy of Pendor, Blood and Steel, and Hundred Years War (and probably others I haven't tried yet) are all super fun.

• Options
    Oh I definitely plan on checking out some of those mods as well. Right now, I'm enjoying roaming around with my band of mercenaries, killing bandits, occasionally trading here and there, doing things for a king for a time being, etc. No specific goal in mind other than to do what seems fun at the moment. Though I am starting to notice a dearth of bandits in some areas. And do Guild Masters eventually stop giving you things to do, or did I piss one off by not completing his mission he gave me in time?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to news on Mount and Blade 2. Been playing since the original Mount and Blade, invested more hours in that and Warband than I'd like to admit, and it's finally getting to the point where I'm not always as giddy when I take a few months break and start up a new game.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Hey guys,

I recently reinstalled M&B and the Prophesy of Pendor mod.

Can anyone explain how to set up businesses in towns? I think they're called enterprises but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, any tips on character builds. I play mostly as a mounted unit with a lance, mace and sword. I figured I'd focus on Str and Int for the most part.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    Can anyone explain how to set up businesses in towns? I think they're called enterprises but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, any tips on character builds. I play mostly as a mounted unit with a lance, mace and sword. I figured I'd focus on Str and Int for the most part.

Same as in vanilla. Talk to the guild master in the town, select the dialogue option to set up an enterprise. Since you can only set up one in a town and your choice can't be undone, it's worth saving up til you can use one of the more expensive but profitable options. For some reason PoP didn't use the mod to enable talking to the guild master from the menu so you actually have to walk around town to find him by default.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote:

Same as in vanilla. Talk to the guild master in the town, select the dialogue option to set up an enterprise. Since you can only set up one in a town and your choice can't be undone, it's worth saving up til you can use one of the more expensive but profitable options. For some reason PoP didn't use the mod to enable talking to the guild master from the menu so you actually have to walk around town to find him by default.

i think they said its because they modded the towns so heavily, they want you to walk around and enjoy them....

• Options
    Wow, interesting how I'm quoted as saying what Heir said ;)

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    I finally got around to playing this after messing around for a day on the first one. I started playing Warband and didnt stop till 4am...... 10 hours in one day. Woops.

• Options
    Man, Floris 2.5 still isn't out. I'm pretty much waiting on that before I dive in again.

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days

Last Days mod releases in 8 hours!

Been waiting for this mod for literally YEARS.

• Options
    welp, looks like I'm diving in earlier than I thought

• Options
    Do it. The version that was out for M&B .808 was phenomenal... I can only imagine how improved this will be. My wife will probably divorce me, and I'll be sitting in court playing this on a laptop.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Moar details! Last Days: What is?

• Options
    A Middle-Earth mod

• Options
    The Middle Earth mod.

• Options
    Fleeb wrote:

Doule yew Tee ef?! Yes! I haven't played Last Days in forever.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    TLD manual preemptively released: http://pospabr.sweb.cz/TLD-3.0-ManualFAQ.html

Chock full o' good infos.

"There are several theatres of war in TLD, defined by geography. When one side eliminates all the enemies in its current theatre, it will send an expeditionary force to help allies on other theatres. Expeditionary force will build an advance camp in the other theatre and operate from there. If the good forces are completely defeated, but Mordor and Isengard still stand strong, the two towers will battle each other over total dominance."

Awesome.

Would I be a terrible father if I played this instead of taking my kid trick-or-treating? Probably yes, dammit.

Too bad it's using outdated M&B and not Warband. Port over may be coming some day tho.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Fleeb wrote:
    TLD manual preemptively released: http://pospabr.sweb.cz/TLD-3.0-ManualFAQ.html

Chock full o' good infos.

"There are several theatres of war in TLD, defined by geography. When one side eliminates all the enemies in its current theatre, it will send an expeditionary force to help allies on other theatres. Expeditionary force will build an advance camp in the other theatre and operate from there. If the good forces are completely defeated, but Mordor and Isengard still stand strong, the two towers will battle each other over total dominance."

Awesome.

Would I be a terrible father if I played this instead of taking my kid trick-or-treating? Probably yes, dammit.

Too bad it's using outdated M&B and not Warband. Port over may be coming some day tho.

It doesn't use Warband? Hrm...that sucks. I have warband on Steam...not sure how I'll play this then.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sux, sorry man. Old M&B is $20 on Steam, and I've seen it on sale a couple times. Should come up again maybe around Xmas.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    pretty lazy/silly to mod a version of the game that no one plays unless they HAVE to.

good thing like, every top tier modder except for this one realized that.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Oh, didn't realize it wasn't Warband. Hmmm.....

• Options
    Well to be fair, when they started working on the mod Warband wasn't much more than an idea on paper.

• Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    Fleeb wrote:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*CK YES.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    True...just surprised they didn't update it as they were doing everything else.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Too much invested in M&B module system, redoing it for Warband would have meant basically a total rewrite. And since they were already two years into it... would've meant we get TLD about 2 years from now (and there'll probably be another M&B spinoff that they should then code TLD for instead... thus pushing it back more. Duke Nukem syndrome.)

• Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    I think there was a huge modding delay because the original guy who was working on it died.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!