As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Radiant Historia - Screw Destiny! (Atlus Dream Team RPG)

• Options
    ninesecondsleftninesecondsleft AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't think it's super rare. My local EB still carries a few copies of the regular edition (no bonus soundtrack). But then again, not many people in my city would pick it up (5 maybe haha). I say it will still be around.

ninesecondsleft on
    ~gogo 3DS!
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Artereis wrote: »
    This was a fantastic game. Stocke is a pretty badass character. I especially liked at the end where
    he stealthed and took out Dias who was threatening Eruca. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

Don't forget to get the best ending!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cantido wrote: »
    This was a fantastic game. Stocke is a pretty badass character. I especially liked at the end where
    he stealthed and took out Dias who was threatening Eruca. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

Unless you need 236/236 to get the best, I think I did. I have 235/236 because I haven't been able to beat the Master.

Artereis on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cantido wrote: »

Unless you need 236/236 to get the best, I think I did. I have 235/236 because I haven't been able to beat the Master.

Oh then you're good. You only need all the epilogues to get the best ending.

Cantido on
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gafka's Wind God Strike is insane. Throw down a trap in the center, Wind God Strike all the enemies into it, steal for good measure, and the fight is over. I no longer run from random encounters or walk around in stealth mode. I run into enemies on purpose so I can smash them all into one big pile and electrocute them. Awesome.

HeraldS on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I thought that was Eruca stealthing herself, a skill she picked up when she regained the portion of her soul that was being used by Stocke. Been a while since I've seen it, though.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    I thought that was Eruca stealthing herself, a skill she picked up when she regained the portion of her soul that was being used by Stocke. Been a while since I've seen it, though.

That's epilogue. Mine's just prior to the final fight.

Artereis on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Vyolynce wrote: »

That's epilogue. Mine's just prior to the final fight.

Aha. Good to know I wasn't imagining things, then. :)

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I got this game and it's pretty excellent all around, but I'm stuck on the stupid fucking "Collect 5 wood" quest. It's such a jarring transition from a really well done story and interesting world into a ridiculously awful fetch quest. I am so angry at whoever thought it would be a good idea to put this into the game.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I got this game and it's pretty excellent all around, but I'm stuck on the stupid fucking "Collect 5 wood" quest. It's such a jarring transition from a really well done story and interesting world into a ridiculously awful fetch quest. I am so angry at whoever thought it would be a good idea to put this into the game.

Yes, that part sucks, but it all gets better. The game is teaching you there is hidden loot everywhere.

Cantido on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just into chapter 1:

So, uh - those little mana crystals that exist all over the place.

I smack them with my sword, and it says I can't break off a piece. I blow them up with a barrel, and nothing happens.

I assume that, rather than just not doing it right, I actually get the ability to harvest them later?

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's right.

Tertiee on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh, good.

I kept figuring that I had the barrel in the wrong place, that maybe you needed two barrels, etc.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah don't worry, if you come across something you can't do, it's pretty obvious when the game gives you the ability to do it.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    For anyone who missed out on this gem -- today's your chance to fix that. This was probably one of the best RPGs on the DS that I never got around to finishing, and I feel bad about that.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote:
    For anyone who missed out on this gem -- today's your chance to fix that. This was probably one of the best RPGs on the DS that I never got around to finishing, and I feel bad about that.

This.
    I really, really, really need to pick it up again - don't think there's too much left, I believe I just got to chapter 4 in both timelines.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Agh, I just spent my leftover Amazon funbucks yesterday. I really should know to wait til midnight to buy stuff there by now.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    My cheapo amazon copy arrived today. I need to decide what goes first : this, Phantom Hourglass, or FFVI Advance.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    If you've never played FFVI, then that. Otherwise, this.

• Options
    I've never beat it, I have played it.

• Options
    I beat FFVI, and Phantom Hourglass, so now it's time for time travel!

I can't screw up, right? I mean, the whole time travel thing seems like I can go back and 'fix' any nodes I want.

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Nah, you can't screw up permanently. There is one node that can be permanently missed but it's not important. To get certain optional events to trigger you'll have to make some very specific choices, so you'll probably want to look those up in a guide once you've beaten most of the game.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Yeah I already got a 'bad' ending. Kind of cool, but it 'rewound' a little farther than I was expecting.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    captaink wrote:
    Yeah I already got a 'bad' ending. Kind of cool, but it 'rewound' a little farther than I was expecting.

It does that most of the time, taking you back to the chapter start or whatever. You can just time travel up to the node near where you "lost"

• Options
    Aistan wrote:
    captaink wrote:

It does that most of the time, taking you back to the chapter start or whatever. You can just time travel up to the node near where you "lost"

Yeah, there is almost never a situation where you have to redo a lot. If this is the case you may have warped too far back.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I really need to finish this. I'm near the end (finished one timeline) so I started going back and getting everyone's techs.

Then I put my DS in sleep and forgot about for about 3 weeks. The battery was dead and I didn't save.

Well, it saved the story progress. I was about halfway done with the side stuff.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:
    Time traveling isn't really explored enough in videogames.

I agree, although that's probably because nobody thinks they can out-do Chrono Trigger.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Well, when you get it right the first time, there's no real need to go back and trying to make it happen again, and again, and again, and again.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    A friendly reminder that Radiant Historia is due for a reprint in late March. I know I won't be missing it this time. Amazon's taking orders already, I think some other places might be as well.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    SightTDW wrote:
    A friendly reminder that Radiant Historia is due for a reprint in late March. I know I won't be missing it this time. Amazon's taking orders already, I think some other places might be as well.

I'm off to screw destiny, and destiny has huge tits.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Looks like the reprint on this is already shipping.

• Options
    If anyone's on the fence, this game quickly became one of my favorite DS releases. Good pacing, a great protagonist and a really clever use of the time travel element.

• Options
    Stocke is my second favorite JRPG protagonist, Zidane is the first. I much don't like it when they are timid or douchebags that have chicks throwing their vaginas at them.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    This is a fantastic game, and I recommend people grab it while it's still regularly available. Thought I might be getting sick of JRPGs but it turns out I was just sick of bad ones. I'm amazed how much they've friendlyfied so many of the tropes of the genre without outright simplifying or removing them.

Only negative for me (at five hours in) is that I'm not super big on how the overworld map works, but that's probably a nostalgia thing. I like my tiny people wandering about.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

Unclear if it is going to be a remake with new content or a sequel, apparently more details are coming in Famitsu.

Get hyyyype.

• Options
    This news has made me inordinately excited, considering I know in my heart it's going to be Switch-exclusive whatever it is and therefore forever beyond my grasp. Or a mobile gatcha game.

Holy shit, though. A new Radiant Historia would be fucking amazing goddamn. I just want to grab someone by the shoulders and shake them.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That sounds like a remake with a third history path or something

• Options
    edited March 2017
    That would be a Radiant Historia that is 50% larger, so...

:+1:

Aistan on
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Oh man, and I was just, compeltely randomly, reminiscing about how awesome Radiant Historia was yesterday too!

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    C7bVEi5VAAAo_eP.jpg

Full 3DS remake, titled Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology.

Has an additional scenario that will be added to the game, as Maddoc suggested.