As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2012

• Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    Frugus wrote:
    My pokemon was out of energy and I could not find a way to replenish it.

They actually cover that in the first 5-10 mins of the game. You take it to a PokeCenter and have the nurse make it feel better. Or, there are tons of potions/berries and crap to give it more hp.

• Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Rdr wrote:
    Frugus wrote:

They actually cover that in the first 5-10 mins of the game. You take it to a PokeCenter and have the nurse make it feel better. Or, there are tons of potions/berries and crap to give it more hp.

I obviously did not pay attention (even the "relax" area can be busy), but I did go back to the nursery to try and have something done about it.

... Scary thought - Maybe I had to press the one button (the right or left shoulder) that is not working on my DS anymore...

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    Gameshark wrote:
    I forgot to ask: Are any cool kats out there going to Prime like moi? Pre-PAX East 2012 meetup AT Pax Prime. Whoa, so meta.
    I will be, though after this year I'll just be sticking to East. I can't afford both, as much as I love Seattle.

• Options
    Frugus wrote:
    Rdr wrote:
    Frugus wrote:

I obviously did not pay attention (even the "relax" area can be busy), but I did go back to the nursery to try and have something done about it.

... Scary thought - Maybe I had to press the one button (the right or left shoulder) that is not working on my DS anymore...

You just walk up and press the A button I believe. I don't recall ever using the shoulder buttons on Pokemon so you should be good.

• Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular

I dooooo? O: This is the first I've heard of any special enforcer movie!

Yep yep!!! A Robert Khoo production :) I felt really accomplished when I found Khoo at East. I had to wait until it was closing at like... 4am... but I met him :P

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    MASeffect wrote:

Yep yep!!! A Robert Khoo production :) I felt really accomplished when I found Khoo at East. I had to wait until it was closing at like... 4am... but I met him :P

I met him for the first time at East last year, too. He was in the hallway talking to con folk, and I went up to him all starry-eyed and asked if he'd shake my hand. He wouldn't, but he would shake my wrist! (Note: I was the witch at the time) Robert Khoo shook my wrist. It was magical.

• Options
    SammySammy Registered User regular
    MASeffect wrote:

I met him for the first time at East last year, too. He was in the hallway talking to con folk, and I went up to him all starry-eyed and asked if he'd shake my hand. He wouldn't, but he would shake my wrist! (Note: I was the witch at the time) Robert Khoo shook my wrist. It was magical.

dood. I watched that happen, I was one of those con folk! I then proceeded to laugh when he finished off his bottle of purell.
    quite possibly the most epic/awkward handshake ever.

First PAX East I only saw Khoo twice I believe, but last year my god I saw him everywhere.
    I'm now plotting something sneaky to sneak up on Khoo with next year. >:D

Looking like a solo mission next year at East, and I've been seriously considering Enforcering it as well.
    I participate in the Bar Crawl (TEAM SQUIRTLE!), and attend the PPD and so far PAX is the best experience evar.

As far as hotels go, I stayed at the Renaissance and it was less than a 5 minute walk when you consider that with as cold as it was I was speed walking my lil' self to the BCEC.
    The Seaport I discovered upon some walking of the area in search of cheap food (and a 7-11 down the road), is literally across the street from the Renaissance. So if you can't afford the Renaissance or Westin, then the Seaport is cheaper and still just as close. :)

Why isn't it PAX East time yet???

Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Options
    Sammy wrote:
    As far as hotels go, I stayed at the Renaissance and it was less than a 5 minute walk when you consider that with as cold as it was I was speed walking my lil' self to the BCEC.
    The Seaport I discovered upon some walking of the area in search of cheap food (and a 7-11 down the road), is literally across the street from the Renaissance. So if you can't afford the Renaissance or Westin, then the Seaport is cheaper and still just as close. :)

Why isn't it PAX East time yet???

Children, take some notes! This is important.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    Robert Khoo shook my wrist. It was magical.

Okay, Rainbow. It's time to wash your wrist with it being August and all.

• Options
    Rdr wrote:

Those were not gloves.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    WeaponIIWeaponII Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    I hope I'm not late to the "OMG WHY ISN'T IT TIME FOR PAX EAST 2012" party.

PAX East: My Second Coming - 2013
    ticket[x] flight[x] hotel/room share[x] time off[x]
  • Options
    SmallLady wrote:
    no, I wait for the PAX hotel rate. Too expensive otherwise.

Where did Small Lady get such a cool sig and where do I get one?

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Frugus wrote:
    Rdr wrote:

Those were not gloves.

NEVAR!
    He - he said he "knew about me", and that it was cool to "finally meet me". I almost DIED. Of joy.
    WeaponII wrote:

This is me. Every day.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    I am so excited for my second PAX. This year the wife's tagging along since she said it looks like I had a hell of a time last year with the guys. Can't wait to see a lot of you again especially the PAX train group.

• Options
    WeaponIIWeaponII Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    WeaponII wrote:

This is me. Every day.

I'm just winding down from PAX fever since it was my first. I had plans to go to Prime, but they were shot. So I've decided my second PAX would be the same as the first. Now I'm winding up again.

PAX East: My Second Coming - 2013
    ticket[x] flight[x] hotel/room share[x] time off[x]
  • Options
    He - he said he "knew about me", and that it was cool to "finally meet me". I almost DIED. Of joy.

You become instantly known throughout all of PAX for your witch cosplay. :)

• Options
    Rdr wrote:

But in the end, I'm just another con attendee. This was Robert Khoo of Khoolsville.

Italicized.

On another note - did you know about this enforcer video?

• Options
    On another note - did you know about this enforcer video?

I've heard about it but don't know any real details. I could find out I'm sure.

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I've been to East each of the past two years and trying to make it work for this year. If so definitely going to do everything possible to be an Enforcer even more so now that I am hearing about this video.

I also really want to get more involved in community things the Pre-Pax Dinner is definitely on that list.

Rainbow I looked for you as the Witch at East 2011 but did not see you. Unfortunately did not get contact info for anyone I met in line either I need to work on that.

• Options
    Rainbow I looked for you as the Witch at East 2011 but did not see you. Unfortunately did not get contact info for anyone I met in line either I need to work on that.

Was in costume for the witch most of Friday and partially Saturday. Was Misty from Pokemon for the other part of Saturday, too. And then I was half Misty half witch Saturday night due to laziness and the need for relatively 'real' clothing, which people were confused by. Some asked, and I just said I was Rainbowtunnel.

• Options
    Just looked into it and there's no special enforcer video. I thought you guys were talking about something else and not some official thing.

So, tell your hopes not to get up. ;)

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular

Was in costume for the witch most of Friday and partially Saturday. Was Misty from Pokemon for the other part of Saturday, too. And then I was half Misty half witch Saturday night due to laziness and the need for relatively 'real' clothing, which people were confused by. Some asked, and I just said I was Rainbowtunnel.

Do you have a picture of half Misty half witch? I would love to see that sounds like a very unique idea. I blame me not seeing you on the enormity of the BCEC and the thousands of people.

• Options

Do you have a picture of half Misty half witch? I would love to see that sounds like a very unique idea. I blame me not seeing you on the enormity of the BCEC and the thousands of people.

Nope! It wasn't an idea, per se, it was more of a "hey, I'm tired of being the witch but all I have in my bag is my Misty costume. Welp, off go the claws and on come the shorts and the shoes!". So you see, that was just me being tired as sheet.

• Options
    What costume you gna do at the next East? I am thinking about cosplay... but not sure... but I WILL be bringing my new 3DS!!! ;D

• Options
    DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    PAX is better than Christmas Day.

• Options
    Rdr wrote:

I have to agree. In fact, I think I'll have you sign my community badge next time around. I remember that "The Witch" was the thing that stuck in my mind the most when it came to "general crazyness".
    DanUNG wrote:

Also, this.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Rdr wrote:
    Did you just buy it?

Well, I just got it for my bday. I knew about the drop... but I ALSO knew about the 20 free games I now get :D

• Options
    Okay good. Didn't want you to be a sad panda bear.

I'm not too worried about the 20 games but I plan on picking up a 3DS when the price drops.

Gotta replace my broken DS Lite so I can finish Pokemon Black!

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Frugus wrote:

I have to agree. In fact, I think I'll have you sign my community badge next time around. I remember that "The Witch" was the thing that stuck in my mind the most when it came to "general crazyness".

Yeah, I was playing one of the D&D sessions at East 2010 with a couple who were dressed up as Louis & Zoe (they even made their own first aid kits to wear), and I believe Rainbow ran into them and did a little interaction fun. She was easy to spot because L4D was so big that year and she was constantly mobbed (and the Hynes wasn't exactly huge).

I don't think I saw her at all in 2011 (but I was doing much less walking around and much more meeting people+playing games).

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    flatline wrote:
    Frugus wrote:

Yeah, I was playing one of the D&D sessions at East 2010 with a couple who were dressed up as Louis & Zoe (they even made their own first aid kits to wear), and I believe Rainbow ran into them and did a little interaction fun. She was easy to spot because L4D was so big that year and she was constantly mobbed (and the Hynes wasn't exactly huge).

I don't think I saw her at all in 2011 (but I was doing much less walking around and much more meeting people+playing games).

Let's continue talking about her as if she never reads this thread :)

Actually I was there when she drew the most attention to herself. The same moment that Gabe talked about during the Draw a Strip pannel. At this year's PAX she came ove to Rdr to talk about something while we were playing Zombie Munchkin. I should have said hi just because she's such an active forumer, it was the least thing to do as I was constantly looking for our bunch.

My mouth may also have been filled with Punzie Flavored Cookies.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Actually no.

Now that I think about it I'm fairly certain I saw the Mistwitch getup. I just didn't even realize it was Rainbow.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    Rdr wrote:
    As a gym leader I fought almost 50 people Friday and Saturday. I was really over it come Saturday and didn't even partake on Sunday. Oh wait, a sad looking kid guilt tripped me into playing him on Sunday...damn anime kid eyes.

This is partially my fault though. When I decided to be a gym leader and looked at the other gym leader's teams I saw that they were trying to cover their weaknesses and such. I originally had a decent Fighting team and cheerfully gave it to someone else cosplaying as a fighting type pokemon or something...can't remember clearly. So, I picked grass and figured I'd be like the first gym leader in the game. Nice and easy. I just didn't expect that about 30 battles in and only seeing 4-5 different pokemon tops that 1 hit killed each of my pokemon it would become so mind numbing.

If I do it next year I already know of a decent diverse team to choose so it should be a bit more fun for me. And I won't let myself get stuck battling for 4 hours in a row.

Wait, Rdr, does this mean you don't want Grass next year? Because it's my favorite type and I've been worried I'd have to duel you for it.

You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
  • Options
    MendrianMendrian Registered User regular
    I'm trying to keep constantly in the loop about PAX East this year.

Did anyone go to any parties last year? I want to get my party on this year.

• Options
    Xerlith wrote:
    Wait, Rdr, does this mean you don't want Grass next year? Because it's my favorite type and I've been worried I'd have to duel you for it.

Grass is all yours! We can still duel to the death though.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    MASeffect wrote:
    What costume you gna do at the next East? I am thinking about cosplay... but not sure... but I WILL be bringing my new 3DS!!! ;D

I don't think I'm doing the witch again. Honestly, I shouldn't have done it last year because of the official ban on the screaming, but it was nice to have people come up to me and say they enjoyed my performance last year.

Let's see if you can guess what I'm thinking my next costume is going to be..... I'll make it easy for ya and I'll give you three clues:
    1) She's a political figure
    2) She's a little bit of a rebel
    3) VI

DanUNG wrote:

Three Christmas Days.

What's this "Rainbow Tunnel" you keep talkin bout? Seems like a hot commodity! Where can I get sum?

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    MASeffect wrote:

I don't think I'm doing the witch again. Honestly, I shouldn't have done it last year because of the official ban on the screaming, but it was nice to have people come up to me and say they enjoyed my performance last year.

Let's see if you can guess what I'm thinking my next costume is going to be..... I'll make it easy for ya and I'll give you three clues:
    3) VI

VI as in, not IV?

PAX will fold unto itself. In a good way. I think.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    3) VI

That's easy.
    Based on your hints, I'd say Princess Leia.

And based on your apparent disdain for fully-clothed costumes, I'm guessing it's the sail barge bikini version.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
  • Options
    Rdr wrote:
    Xerlith wrote:

Grass is all yours! We can still duel to the death though.
    Pistols at dawn, sir!

(Or SoulSilver over wifi. I really want to battle someone right now.)

• Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Xerlith wrote:
    3) VI

That's easy.
    Based on your hints, I'd say Princess Leia.

And based on your apparent disdain for fully-clothed costumes, I'm guessing it's the sail barge bikini version.

I'm hinging more on the political figure part and saying
    Mon Mothma

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247