As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    redhalo wrote:
    Your Head of House for Slytherin: Dumbledore's Army
    IMG_20110822_220621.jpg

Evil has never looked so good. Seriously, thats a nice getup.

yeah. That's tits, Dave.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hey everyone!! If you use Foursquare to keep track of your adventures, check out this list: https://foursquare.com/derbydeeds/list/the-triwizard-drinking-tournament-2011

It's ALL the bars included in the tournament!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I ordered $200 worth of dollar coins from my bank (Credit Union actually). I'm so glad I called them in advance. When I asked for them to order the coins they told me (on the phone) that they never order money since they have enough currency to handle most transactions. When I told them I wanted 200 $1 coins there was a brief pause, then... "Hold please!"

When the nice lady came back she told me they were going to have to place an order for the coins and there was no guarantee they would arrive this week.

Luckily, my girlfriend's bank was more proactive and we were able to grab a good number of golden $1 coins.

26904.png
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote:
    I ordered $200 worth of dollar coins from my bank (Credit Union actually). I'm so glad I called them in advance. When I asked for them to order the coins they told me (on the phone) that they never order money since they have enough currency to handle most transactions. When I told them I wanted 200 $1 coins there was a brief pause, then... "Hold please!"

When the nice lady came back she told me they were going to have to place an order for the coins and there was no guarantee they would arrive this week.

Luckily, my girlfriend's bank was more proactive and we were able to grab a good number of golden $1 coins.

I adore paying for drinks with gold dollar coins!! I should go do that myself!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    redhalo wrote:
    Your Head of House for Slytherin: Dumbledore's Army
    IMG_20110822_220621.jpg

Evil has never looked so good. Seriously, thats a nice getup.

Now we just need the matching picture of you red. Show the world your pub crawl face.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    PtrickyPtricky Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    What are the odds that this was from a previous Tri-wizard Drinking Tournament?
    b0478c66852fd2cd85db265c08220e19.jpg

Ptricky on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diamond FC: 4510 8106 7324
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    PunkJr wrote:
    Stupid wrote:

People use dollar coins?

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    PunkJr wrote:
    Stupid wrote:

People use dollar coins?

People do when they are on the TWDT. You pretend that they are actual gold coins called 'galleons'. It is the cool wizard thing to do. I am surprised you did not know that.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    That's because I only go to one bar. I'm not really a fan of walking 2+ miles while drinking. Cap hill's bars are too spread out and on an incline for a proper bar crawl. The TWDT is actually a bar HIKE.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    gamervoidgamervoid Registered User new member
    I have possibly a group of 3, but at least one for...
    !Hufflepuff - Group A,
    or just any other Group.
    I went to the Poke Crawl this year at PAX East, and I know there will be enough no shows to find me a slot somewhere. I'd really appreciate it and I look forward to it

• Options
    MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Well, there are a lot of pending requests to join Hufflepuff DA, which has some vacancies. However, Atlus hasn't been around to update the OP yet. Hopefully he will update it soon.

• Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    gamervoid wrote:
    I have possibly a group of 3, but at least one for...
    !Hufflepuff - Group A,
    or just any other Group.
    I went to the Poke Crawl this year at PAX East, and I know there will be enough no shows to find me a slot somewhere. I'd really appreciate it and I look forward to it

Assertive

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    That's because I only go to one bar. I'm not really a fan of walking 2+ miles while drinking. Cap hill's bars are too spread out and on an incline for a proper bar crawl. The TWDT is actually a bar HIKE.

Baby.

Once you're here another year or so, you'll consider a Cap. Hill pub crawl a walk in the park.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    SuddenbeardSuddenbeard Registered User regular
    Hello!

First I'd like to say my wife and I are super pumped for this thing. Super pumped! We're gonna be sportin' hip looking [bold]Hufflepuff[/bold] outfits. This we are also pumped for.

I was hoping to give a little to this fine group while we're out and and about. I'll be doing $1 doodles on cardstock (or index cards!) for the charity collection. I would like to gauge interest in this first, though, before I go stuffin' art supplies in my pockets.

examples!
    http://flic.kr/p/afMiGe
    http://flic.kr/p/afMiFB
    http://flic.kr/p/afMiF6
    http://flic.kr/p/afMiE2

Questions, comments, or concerns about this proposal are welcome!

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Hello!

First I'd like to say my wife and I are super pumped for this thing. Super pumped! We're gonna be sportin' hip looking [bold]Hufflepuff[/bold] outfits. This we are also pumped for.

I was hoping to give a little to this fine group while we're out and and about. I'll be doing $1 doodles on cardstock (or index cards!) for the charity collection. I would like to gauge interest in this first, though, before I go stuffin' art supplies in my pockets.

examples!

These are awesome. Especially Slytherin Girl.

• Options
    BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    Hello!

examples!

I approve of this idea! (Not that my opinion matters much.... :P )

I'll be the guy in Hufflepuff DE with the video camera, so if you want to show your costume /sketches off to YouTube for historical preservation come find me! (I'm sure I'll find you as I will buy some of those doodles, they remind of Kate Beaton's doodles!)

A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Reposted from a super secret Slytherin meeting:
    Drinking tips for rookie drinkers from everyone's favorite professional Alaskan alcoholic:
    FEWD: Eat before you attend! This is one of the most important things you can possibly do to help ensure a fun night. It'll slow down the rate at which you get soused and allow you to drink more. Also, the energy boost will keep you perky for the duration of the crawl. Feel free to snack here and there throughout the night for basically the same reason. A decent meal after the crawl is also great hangover protection. There's nothing like a greasy burger and a giant soda to help keep you from feeling like total shit in the morning. It'll also help settle your body out and help you get to sleep better. If my drunken recall is correct, there are some diners nearby that are open for an after crawl bite to eat.

WATAH: Water is your friend. I know that we're all here to get completely trashed, but one of my secrets to being able to outpace everyone is that I'm not shy about mixing in a glass of water here and there along the way. Drinking makes you pee. A lot. Your body is trying to purge the introduced toxins and this means you're going to get dehydrated which leads to getting drunk faster. You don't need to consume gallons, but a glass every couple stops will help you survive the night. It'll also reduce the effects of any possible hangover.

KNOW YOUR LIMITS: Alcohol works on a delayed reaction. If you feel yourself start to approach your "asshole at the party" zone then just stop drinking and start slurping down water. When you start to feel it that doesn't mean that's where you'll stay, it means that what you have consumed so far is building up the effects in your body and it's only going to get more pronounced soon. If you instead just take a break and drink water for a bit, then that gives your body the time and fluids it needs to combat what's going on inside of you and after a bit you can get right back to the good stuff.

If you aren't familiar with your how your body deals with booze then for your sake, and the sake of all your drinking buddies, take it easy. You've got nothing to prove to us. Do your challenges and have fun, but be careful. We don't want to have to be saddled with a sloppy drunk that didn't know what he or she was doing and is now completely shitfaced after drinking five shots of scotch in a row. Also alcohol poisoning, from what I hear, is an absolute bitch.

HANGOVERS: If you followed my tips, you'll prolly be feeling more or less ok in the morning (obviously mileage may vary here). If you're feeling kinda shitty then pop a vitamin (there's a great little drug store next to the convention center) and drink water, or some juice. Really any sorta nutritious drink works (yes, Pedialite will get the job done well, the plain stuff tastes like ass, but the flavored stuff isn't bad). Get a decent breakfast while you're at it, the Cheesecake Factory nearby is quite excellent. It's mostly just a matter of replenishing your body's vitamins and hydrating and pop a Bayer while you're at it just to manage the headache and help get the blood flowing.

If anyone has any questions or is in need of drinking advice feel free to PM me or talk to me during the crawl! I'll be pretty easy to find in the crowd. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    PtrickyPtricky Registered User regular
    Would also to put my name +1 down if there are any spots available. I know I'm way lttp but I wasn't sure if I'd make it down for Thursday until I finalized plans tonight. See a few cancellations in the last 2 pages so fingers crossed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diamond FC: 4510 8106 7324
  • Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    AdamRW wrote:
    Hey guys. Are any other Hufflepuffs (or anybody from the other houses, for that matter) gonna be walking back to the Belltown neighborhood after the crawl? I ain't no wimp, but I'm reading that the area can get a bit seedy once the sun goes down and I believe in safety in numbers. I would prefer someone who knows karate. Or at least someone who is not as fast a runner as I am, giving the robber/stabber/monster a target as I book it the hell out of there.

I ended up splitting a cab with Adestar last year after the last bar. I was in no condition to walk back to my hotel and I think the cab ride was cheap ($5-ish). That being said my brother-in-law is a beast and we could all probably outrun him if we are feeling adventurous.

akjak wrote:
    Did I miss the chance at the Hufflepuff TShirt?

The reserved orders have all been placed but there are 6 or 7 extras up for auction during the crawl.

Hello!

These look awesome!

I also picked up a few things for auction during the crawl, see below. For those using twitter we will be updating the @HufflepuffDA account during the crawl. I believe our Death Eater cohorts have a twitter as well @HufflepuffDE . Looking forward to seeing familiar faces as well as meeting a new bunch of companions on Thursday! TWO DAYS

Hufflepuff hemp bracelets
    IMG_0773smaller.jpg

Hufflepuff tea tin + tea
    IMG_0794_small.jpg
    IMG_0781_small.jpg

Prefect Necklace
    IMG_0774_smaller.jpg

Extra Shirts!
    IMG_0784_smaller.jpg
    IMG_0785_smaller.jpg

Crispy262 on
    vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    Hello!

examples!

reminds me of teen girl squad! lol

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Oh, and for anyone not attending the Pre-PAX dinner:

My local game store on the Hill (Gamma Ray Games) is having an early party at the Capitol Club starting around 5pm. I'm gonna be there til it's time to head up to Grim's. It's about a 10 min walk.
    Anyone and everyone is welcome to join.
    I will be wearing my green and silver Slytherin socks.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Does a malt beverage count as a light-colored beer? Could I drink a smirnoff for that challenge instead of an actual beer?

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    AlatheiaAlatheia Registered User regular
    punzie wrote:
    Does a malt beverage count as a light-colored beer? Could I drink a smirnoff for that challenge instead of an actual beer?

Go for the cider!

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote:

This is the best idea ever, I can only afford to get about 50 bucks in galleons, but I can't wait to go get some and use them.

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    My Dear Slytherins,

I've created a special map for us. It will help us track down those who would dare oppose the Dark Lord. Use it well.

Sincerely,

Drain

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    That map is a smart idea. You'd think a Ravenclaw would be all over that. Anyways I guess we're stuck with the boring old Atlus-made maps which students might want to print out, along with the schedule, to have in case when you are extremely tipsy and get lost. We do have a twitter (RavenclawDA if you aren't following already) but sometimes technology has this funny little quick of always failing when you need it.

Also, I have been hearing rumours that there has been a breach in Power Dome A.....

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Okay guys, here is your absolute last chance to sign up for the TWDT.

There are 2 spots in Hufflepuff: DA and 3 in Gryffindor: DE. If you want them please post now. I am printing rosters out around noontime (EST). Once I print the rosters sign ups will be closed!

• Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    I'll take 2 in gryffindor. Axon +2 gryffindor:DA.

• Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'll take 1 spot in Hufflepuff DA

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Axon wrote:

Axon +2 means you are taking 3 spots. Do you mean Axon +1?

• Options
    murdocmurdoc Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'll take the last Gryffindor DE spot.

..and bribe whoever I can to get a +1 added to that.

murdoc on
    ...it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
  • Options
    ricksebringricksebring Registered User regular
    Be glad for the last hufflepuff spot

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    And with that all houses are permanently closed and rosters are being printed.

• Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Sumi wrote:
    That map is a smart idea. You'd think a Ravenclaw would be all over that. Anyways I guess we're stuck with the boring old Atlus-made maps which students might want to print out, along with the schedule, to have in case when you are extremely tipsy and get lost. We do have a twitter (RavenclawDA if you aren't following already) but sometimes technology has this funny little quick of always failing when you need it.

Also, I have been hearing rumours that there has been a breach in Power Dome A.....

I brought my own map with all bars mapped and the order of visitation. So we'll be fine, I can yell at people as to which direction to go.
    Also, all the bars are right beside each other pretty much except for Clever Dunne's.

• Options
    Drain wrote:
    My Dear Slytherins,

I've created a special map for us. It will help us track down those who would dare oppose the Dark Lord. Use it well.

Sincerely,

Drain

Nice work!!

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I requested a spot in Hufflepuff one page ago, when they first opened up :(

From Page 26:

thairian wrote:
    It looks like my +1 is bailing on us poor Hufflepuffs D:
    MagnifiedX wrote:
    Thairian: Well if you're +1 can't make it, I'd sure like a chance to join

!Hufflepuff and Dumbledore's Army!

EDIT: for bolding and readability.

:(:(

MagnifiedX on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    Wormdundee wrote:
    I brought my own map with all bars mapped and the order of visitation. So we'll be fine, I can yell at people as to which direction to go.
    Also, all the bars are right beside each other pretty much except for Clever Dunne's.

You can fight with Whypick1 over who gets to carry the flag. :D

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Axon wrote:

Axon +2 means you are taking 3 spots. Do you mean Axon +1?

Yes, +1, my apologies. First tourney. ;-)

• Options
    YotaruYotaru Registered User regular
    Might just follow along and watch the shenanigans while I challenge myself to drinks.

• Options
    Yotaru, please read through the thread. Tag-alongs have been talked about numerous times and the bottom line is:

If you didn't make it into a house, please do not join the crawl.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack