As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Heads!

I am currently in route to Barca. I should be there around 730 to get a space where you can find me.

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Its about to get real dirty up in Seattle

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    tybottybot Registered User regular
    Running late on out way!

• Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    Awesome time with fellow Slytherin DEs and others. Those Ravenclaws is cwazy! Twinkie, you know you're glad you trusted a Slytherin for the mustache touch-up. Slytherin have steady hands. I hope I can make next year's.

• Options
    aquaoneaquaone Registered User regular
    Had a wonderful time. However, if you were Hufflepuff DA, borrowed my scarf, played pool with me, and left, you forgot to give my scarf back. Please PM me to arrange a return so I don't have to PM all the Hufflepuff DAs. TY!

• Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    Yes please coordinate this so we can get the scarf back into the proper owner's hands. Great job everyone :lol:
    I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did!! <3

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    Never have I ever was a pretty fun challenge.

Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    Never have I ever was a pretty fun challenge.

Agreed! Did anyone try the themed drinks/foods? How were they?

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm amazingly awake after last nights drinking. Although I was quite a bit easier on the drinking compared to last year.

I hope everyone had fun and made it home okay! I know I did, so thanks again Atlus for getting this together!

e: The shot glasses rock! Glad I got two.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    To the Hufflepuff all the way out from Britain, the Slytherin who will not have an alto saxophone in her house, the exceptional Gryfyndors who helped me confirm that no one has ever been to Comic Con, the Ravenclaw who also confused ponies with unicorns, our ever trustworthy sherpa, and our excellent headboy and house leaders: thank you! A damn fine evening ^_^

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    uh ... anybody seen atlusbro?

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    Had a blast doing this. It was nice to meet the fella from Hufflepuff whom I shared a polyjuice potion with, the guy from Slytherin who showed me his DIY wands, and that awesome fella from gryffindor that I may have spilled quite a bit of "I never" and also ran into him again at the Unicorn. Til next year!

• Options
    RubyLouRubyLou Registered User new member
    Holy hangover batman! What a fun evening. :D
    I definitely enjoyed the last challenge the most. Yay for making new friends and being silly.

• Options
    juntadnajuntadna SeattleRegistered User new member
    What a great time! I'm definitely comin back next year.

Also, I would like to say that the female head of Gryffindor was so inappropriate, aggressive, and rude. I understand it can be difficult herding 50 drunk people but there is no excuse for that kind of behavior. If I had been unfortunate enough to sign up for Gryffindor I would have left early. Please do us all a favor and calm down.

• Options
    ConstantCupcakeConstantCupcake Registered User regular
    Our Slytherin DA contingent from Colorado would like to thank our head boy, our head girl and our wonderful house elf. They did a great job herding us drunk cats. Next year we'll contribute some of our homemade wands to the auction.

• Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    Nice to see so many Colorado peeps on the crawl!

• Options
    Hey everybody! This is going to be short as I hate posting from my phone.

A BIG thank you to everyone who showed up last night. I hope you all had as much fun attending the TWDT as I had organizing it for the fourth year in a row. Our Heads and House Elves were amazing as usual. I can never thank you for everything you do (broken record) and apologies to those whom I did not catch up to during the festivities.

Thank you to everyone who came up to me during the evening to thank me or had kind words to say. It really was the cherry on an already delicious sundae.

From the donations I've collected so far, it appears that you witches and wizards were extra generous this year. For those of you who donated auction items really made a huge difference so an equally large Thank You to you as well.

The only item of business that needs to be addressed at the moment is collecting donation from 6 groups. Heads, if you can text me today or tomOrrow we can arrange a meeting. Also keep in mind any feedback you have for me but I will do a formal thing later. So far the feedback has been generally positive.

Thank you all so much for making The Fourth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament a smashing success and we'll see you next year!

• Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    I think next year should have a game of thrones theme.

@Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    GalFriday wrote:

I didn't know that you like sleeping on the couch.

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    Thanks so much to everyone who came out and made this a truly awesome event! Ravenclaws you rocked my world. Props to our wonderful head girl, head boy, and house elf, and to everyone who stepped up and made this crawl run relatively smoothly.

I tried to make this announcement on the crawl but it was kind of hectic: I am speaking on a panel with my coworkers from the webseries, Standard Action. It's on Sunday, 1:30 pm in Unicorn theatre. We are going to talk about the series in general and how we produce episodes very quickly and with an extremely limited budget. If you are at all interested in this, please, come support us, or if you know someone who might be, let them know. Our community is extremely important to us, and without your support we simply can't continue doing what we love.

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    This post may be a shorter than it needs to as it's from my phone, you know, PAX going on and all. Slytherin, I am blown away at your generosity, your spirit, your awesomeness. This has been our best year yet. My team has been simply amazing. My house, ever so eager to give part of themselves to enrich the lives of others. And as much as we all shit talk in the name of fun, our competing houses have been great sports as well. I'm not trying to sound sappy, but I feel closer to you all.

Thank you guys.

redhalo on
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    Are we presenting the donations at the PA Q&A again this year?

May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    What am I supposed to do with this Ravenclaw banner, I don't think they'll let me take it on the plane. =)

Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • Options
    zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    Had an awesome time this year. It was fun leading all the Slytherin DA people around with the banner. Huge thank you for all the donations. <3

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    Thanks everyone for another awesome pub crawl. I want to give an extra thanks to all the great Slytherin Death Eaters. Everything went perfectly and we raised a lot of money for Childs Play. I look forward to seeing all of you next year!

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    GalFriday wrote:

I didn't know that you like sleeping on the couch.

Booooo. <3
    People should be posting pics. cough.

@Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    My pictures...which is not much...will be posted when I get home Monday evening.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I have no pictures.

I do want to say a HUGE thanks to the Slytherin Death Eaters. You guys rocked!! We did a great job with donations this year and it was a blast to be your headboygirl.

Thank you to redhalo, Cronus and of course, the always wonderful CaptainTapole. You guys were, as always, an absolute delight. Thanks for letting me be management with you. heh.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Alright folks, here is the official word on the donations presentation to Gabe & Tycho: we've been asked to present them at the signing. Afaik this means we won't get the public spectacle of announcing the total or which house won. If anyone has any suggestions re: the winning house announcement or can help me get the donations to G&T faster than queueing all day for the signing please let me know asap.

Btw, if you haven't heard yet the house totals are AMAZING. This is our most successful year yet and I still have to collect from one more house. I think you guys will be pretty happy. :)

• Options
    deedylovescakedeedylovescake Registered User new member
    So what were the final totals?

• Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    Had an awesome time with Slytherin DA. Thanks for organizing this once again Atlus!

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • Options
    DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    Had a blast again this year! Thanks for putting this together Atlus.

I want to say that Wendy was the BEST Hufflepuff DA head girl EVER!
    To the Hufflepuff DA group from Alaska you guys were some of the friendliest group of people I met that night.

To the Ravenclaw couple from Tucson thanks for your patience and for helping out two hufflepuffs meet our 2nd challenge.

To the Griffindor DE couple Maria and Taylor you guys were great dueling partners.

To the big bunch of Slythern DE that played never have I ever with us and our previously mentioned awesome head girl Wendy you guys were the coolest.

I am in for next year!!!!!!!

• Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    I have to say it was an honor to herd the cats that were Slytherin: DA as your House Elf.
    I was wondering if you all could hold this normal over-indulgers attention as *the* sober one amongst the group. You did not disappoint.

Can't wait 'til next year and another night of debauchery on the Hill.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    As the Slytherin DE House Elf, it was an honour (English, bitches--it's Harry Potter-Themed in here) to herd my fellow DEs about and allowing them to duel/be drunk.

To all the wizards and witches from all houses and sectors, brilliant to see you all enjoy yourselves...even to each of the tag-alongs I am quite certain each house sector gained.

To the Heads/Head-Boy/Head-Girl/House Elves, wonderful and lovely time to see you all and everything.

To Altus, Tajah, and whomever else coordinated with the bars, we all thank you so very much.

And it was a good battle, but Ravenclaw has deserved it this year. Fear not, my fellow Slytherins. We have to be nice (for once) but the Dark Lord's house will have vengeance!

PS: RedHalo, Beta and Cronus (or whomever will be the heads next term)--Let me have a mother-effin pen next year!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    JnevermoreJnevermore Registered User regular
    Had a blast and still trying to piece together the night LOL, the Ravenclaw gang that played us in "I Never" you guys freaking rocked!!! Gryffindor DE for the win

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I twisted the ever loving shit out of my ankle that night and had to bug out a hair early to take care of it (hooray for having shipboard medical training!), but it's good to hear it ended awesomely. You can bet I'll be back to help out Team Slytherin next year!

Also *brofist* to Redhalo, beta_angel, Cronus, and the rest of the DE gang. You guys and gals are dah best.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ghalidrimghalidrim Registered User new member
    Daksa wrote:
    Had a blast again this year! Thanks for putting this together Atlus.

To the Griffindor DE couple Maria and Taylor you guys were great dueling partners.

Aw shucks, you guys were pretty awesome too!

• Options
    giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    Hey all! Ravenclaw DE Head Girl here! Thanks everyone for an awesome night! Our entire group had a blast, and we didn't lose anyone along the way, so I think we can call the night a success. :)

Can we get an update on how much money went to Child's Play, and which house won the house cup? CaptainTapole's post leads me to believe that Ravenclaw won, and if that's the case, HELL YEAH!! :) But yeah, some confirmation would be awesome.

TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I have a few very vivid snippets of memory of the crawl, but sadly, I do not remember much of it.

Thanks to Tajah for being a great Head Girl for Gryffindor Dumbledore's Army and sitting me down with a guy from Bungie and another guy from 343 Studios when we were at Clever Dunne's and making me drink my entire bottle of water. Otherwise I would have been a puking, slobbering mess.
    It also seems that I now have two gold bracelets. If they're yours and you want them back, let me know. Best I can figure I traded the smaller of BigRed's buttons for it, but I'm not sure why :/

I do remember meeting arsonisfun, CaptainTapole, TOGSolid, Sumi, jujukoo, and that's about it. Nice meeting you all for the minute or so we met!

I guess I won, because I got deeeee-runk and didn't have a hangover the next morning.

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    reboot111areboot111a Registered User regular
    Gryffindor DA House Elf here, It was more fun than I can express to help herd you all to more booze. My pillowcase will go into the vault of honor from this PAX along with my [E] shirt and we will see it reappear in about a year when the students return for more lessons.

Also mad props to the man who bought the $100 scarf at the start of the night, hadn't even had a chance to get that drunk yet, made my night!

PAX Prime 2011 [E] 6th Floor Expo XA