Options

[League of Legends] Xerath preview up. Kog'maw looking into lawyers.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Are the servers busy for everyone else? :(

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    oh hey they made the riven art not comically bad

Least now I can see what they were going for with her sword too

The point of view made it seem really weird

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Season One officially ends tomorrow!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I dragon kicked a guy into two other guys, dropping 40% of all their hps, winning us a 2v3 outside Baron.

yyeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    eh, if all this new stuff is really dropping imminently doesn't that automatically means there's going to be server issues all week?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Morde can't survive being beaten on by an entire team unless a holy fuckload of things went wrong (e.g. he has about 8k more than the enemy team on average, about five+ levels on them, he gets a ghost of a carry very early in the fight, the enemy team has no clue how to focus their stuns, and they're all roughly the same type of damage morde itemizes against). And in that situation, almost anybody can 1v5.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    why the fuck don't image tags work on the new forums

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    "X is overpowered when fed" is the stupidest statement in this game. I hear it at least once out of every 3 games.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    well, aren't there some characters where even if they are fed they're not going to make a huge difference?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    well, aren't there some characters where even if they are fed they're not going to make a huge difference?
    This is by design, just like how fed carries are going to be unstoppable.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    waiting to see what the sluttier alt riven skin looks like...

Birthday suit and high heels.

And that's not even the 975 skin.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I'd say a Bayonetta skin, but I'm sure Vayne has that covered.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote:
    I bought Udyr a little while ago and played him in a bot game the other day and felt like I might be able to dig him if I had more of an idea what to do. I hadn't read a guide or anything - I was actually intending to play Jax but then the one random amidst our four-man premade ended up instalocking him. :P

So.. any Udyr guides? Either jungle or lane. Or both.

Udyr actually has quite a bit of variance in how he builds nowdays, you can build quite a lot of different stuff on him and it'll work. The one that has most recently taken my fancy is the one Jatt used in the recent ESL qualifiers to crush TSM/CLG with.

He starts with cloth armour + 5 pots, takes Phoenix stance and clears the whole jungle from blue to golems. His skill order is RWRERWR, maxing our Phoenix Stance, then Turtle, then Bear, leaving Tiger at 3. His build in particular is used to counterjungle junglers like Amumu, Nocturne and Gangplank who can't clear the jungle in one go and instead do it in two goes. After he clears the jungle he buys Boots and heads to the enemy lizard to try and catch their jungler their while he has the level + buffs advantage. I tried this in a game just now and killed their Lee Sin under an inhibitor turret, which was quite silly.

The way Jatt builds from there is pure tank with only Wit's End for damage. Usually it is Merc Treads > Wits End > Aegis, but that depends on who you're up against. A Tryndamere / Vayne combo means rushing Warden's Mail is a good idea so you can catch them. Aegis of the Legion is a solid all around pick, and Quicksilver Sash is excellent against Mordekaiser/WW/Malzahar combos. Another powerful combo I discovered recently is Shurelias Reverie + Randuins Omen. These two combined make it very easy for your carries to outrun their bruisers.

Playing Udyr in a teamfight is a bit of a tricky business. Ideally you want someone like Ashe/Alistar to initiate fights or soak up some initial damage. Udyr can die incredibly quickly if silenced and focused. Being a melee with no escapes you want to keep an eye on when you are being focused and start casting turtle / bear to run or interrupt. If people are ignoring you and you are being initiated on then a safe bet is to pop Phoenix and start smashing any assassins/bruisers that are chasing your carry. If their carry is reckless/close/can't kite then go for them instead.

I risk ranting all day long (I love Udyr) so I'll stop here and if you have any questions I'll happily answer them, although I don't claim to be an amazing Udyr, I just play him a lot.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I love Kroque's Janna.
    That is all. <3

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Neither Vayne nor MF have one yet which is a damn shame.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    all that needs to be said about morde is riot agrees that he's overpowered. he's the only champion that is routinely banned in low elo, mid elo, high elo, and tournaments. he's overpowered and he is getting nerfed, or at the very least changed they haven't specified but it's pretty obvious he isn't getting buffed.

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

I thought default Vayne was Bayonetta. I'd quite like an MF skin that was a little classy though, like her wearing a trenchcoat with her hair in a bun.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Cutfang wrote:
    Talith wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

I thought default Vayne was Bayonetta. I'd quite like an MF skin that was a little classy though, like her wearing a trenchcoat with her hair in a bun.

Secret Agent MF doesn't do it for you?

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Aumni wrote:
    "X is overpowered when fed" is the stupidest statement in this game. I hear it at least once out of every 3 games.

You're just wrong on this. Some characters scale a little too well with having good early games. Akali is my favorite example because I've seen her consistently win almost every game she gets fed early in. I don't think she is a top priority to fix, but her scaling is a bit wrong. Udyr used to be this too, but they nerfed him a fair bit since.

Old Pantheon is a great example of this. I had no problem at all with a 1/0 Panth. Cool, whatever. But when he rushed Sword of the Occult and was 4/0 he could kill you from anywhere on the map with almost no chance of you escaping.

Old Twitch is another example. Back when Twitch was at his height and I was pre-30, I ran into games where he was so fed he could damn near kill you in the time it took to react to him coming out of stealth. Now, I lacked a gigantic amount of the skills I had now, so a large part of that was me, but he was still effectively unbeatable at that skill level when fed in a way that most champs were not.

They've gotten a bit better at this nowadays, so if you aren't an old player you might not have seen it as much.
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    This is by design, just like how fed carries are going to be unstoppable.

It's not a general rule at all, even among carries. You really need to look at it on a champ vs. champ basis.

Edit to add:
    Jars wrote:
    all that needs to be said about morde is riot agrees that he's overpowered. he's the only champion that is routinely banned in low elo, mid elo, high elo, and tournaments. he's overpowered and he is getting nerfed, or at the very least changed they haven't specified but it's pretty obvious he isn't getting buffed.

Riot agreed about Shen at first too, but now they are rebuffing him. Riot and I very often agree, they are just slower than me.

That said, I wouldn't mind a small nerf to his ult. The ghost duration is a bit long. Now, in unranked play, that is counterbalanced by the hilarity of watching your 40 minute Trynd ghost shitstomp your team's support (I don't recall if I mis-timed my QSS and wasn't using it regularly yet, but not a common occurrence), but I can see how some people would find it a bit much in ranked.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    mr_mich wrote:
    Cutfang wrote:
    Talith wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Secret Agent MF doesn't do it for you?

Did you see that exposed leg? That hussy.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    the new riven art is SUPER FUCKIN ANIME

but i'll take that over the abomination the old art was

• Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Basically. They do port back to buy, but you can totally beast a lane and they'll still come back with high end defensive items and decent offensive items. It's why there's such a universal hate for the annie bot, she'll still one shot you even if you're up 70/3 kills.

They do not in fact port back to buy. They might buy while porting back to heal up from near-death, but they can and do buy while in lane. I saw this myself when I opened up the scoreboard to check who had their Guardian Angels already, and Shen didn't have one yet. As I move Top to confront him, I tab again and I literally see the item popping into his inventory. They also generate gold no matter what they do. At the end of a game where I dominated Annie in mid lane through and through, she had ~3k more gold than our top player. And the bots lost the game too.
    the new riven art is SUPER FUCKIN ANIME

but i'll take that over the abomination the old art was

As a fan of "teh animu", I don't see what's so anime about it. And yes, it's ten times better than the old splash art.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Draygo wrote:
    Mord isnt any more overpowered than the other 20 snowball champions.

Yes he can ace your team, but a lot of things have to happen before that for that to happen.

I feel like he aces teams simply because he can withstand an entire fight and mop up anyone dumb enough to try and keep beating on him. (I constantly have to plead with teams not to waste time trying to kill him.) Though I pretty regularly see Mordes taking on 3v1's and walking out unscathed, he really shouldn't have that kind of sustainability, especially given how easy his lane phase is.

You sir are so wrong. Morde will melt, if people focus him.

Mord deserves to get his ass cooked as he tries to get to your carry.

Unless he is building tank, then ignore him because he is using a useless build and is useless anyway.

People are so afraid to focus morde in teamfights, its plain sad. Usually the only reason he sustains is people are herp derp focus carry. On a larger note a lot of people dont figure out you should cc characters like singed when they are running into your team. 'he's a tanky dude ignore him' is flat wrong in most cases.

This isnt a case where mord is legitamently overpowered, this is a case where the general community is pretty dumb when it comes to actually dealing with one in game.

Draygo on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    With intermediate bots it's a race to farm up cash fast and win before the 20/30 minute mark. After that point I hope the rest of your team can coordinate, otherwise people will just get picked off repeatedly.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Cutfang wrote:
    facetious wrote:
    I bought Udyr a little while ago and played him in a bot game the other day and felt like I might be able to dig him if I had more of an idea what to do. I hadn't read a guide or anything - I was actually intending to play Jax but then the one random amidst our four-man premade ended up instalocking him. :P

So.. any Udyr guides? Either jungle or lane. Or both.

Udyr actually has quite a bit of variance in how he builds nowdays, you can build quite a lot of different stuff on him and it'll work. The one that has most recently taken my fancy is the one Jatt used in the recent ESL qualifiers to crush TSM/CLG with.

He starts with cloth armour + 5 pots, takes Phoenix stance and clears the whole jungle from blue to golems. His skill order is RWRERWR, maxing our Phoenix Stance, then Turtle, then Bear, leaving Tiger at 3. His build in particular is used to counterjungle junglers like Amumu, Nocturne and Gangplank who can't clear the jungle in one go and instead do it in two goes. After he clears the jungle he buys Boots and heads to the enemy lizard to try and catch their jungler their while he has the level + buffs advantage. I tried this in a game just now and killed their Lee Sin under an inhibitor turret, which was quite silly.

The way Jatt builds from there is pure tank with only Wit's End for damage. Usually it is Merc Treads > Wits End > Aegis, but that depends on who you're up against. A Tryndamere / Vayne combo means rushing Warden's Mail is a good idea so you can catch them. Aegis of the Legion is a solid all around pick, and Quicksilver Sash is excellent against Mordekaiser/WW/Malzahar combos. Another powerful combo I discovered recently is Shurelias Reverie + Randuins Omen. These two combined make it very easy for your carries to outrun their bruisers.

Playing Udyr in a teamfight is a bit of a tricky business. Ideally you want someone like Ashe/Alistar to initiate fights or soak up some initial damage. Udyr can die incredibly quickly if silenced and focused. Being a melee with no escapes you want to keep an eye on when you are being focused and start casting turtle / bear to run or interrupt. If people are ignoring you and you are being initiated on then a safe bet is to pop Phoenix and start smashing any assassins/bruisers that are chasing your carry. If their carry is reckless/close/can't kite then go for them instead.

I risk ranting all day long (I love Udyr) so I'll stop here and if you have any questions I'll happily answer them, although I don't claim to be an amazing Udyr, I just play him a lot.

Keep going. I'm shy 3 attackspeed runes but I'm considering it. Smite and....ghost? I was looking at Merc/Wits/Aegis/Visage/FoN/Reverie. FoN could be switched out for a Wriggles for the armor since I have the cloth already, or the Randuin's you mentioned. What's your preference?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Season One officially ends tomorrow!

Link?

League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    Draygo wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Draygo wrote:

Yes he can ace your team, but a lot of things have to happen before that for that to happen.

I feel like he aces teams simply because he can withstand an entire fight and mop up anyone dumb enough to try and keep beating on him. (I constantly have to plead with teams not to waste time trying to kill him.) Though I pretty regularly see Mordes taking on 3v1's and walking out unscathed, he really shouldn't have that kind of sustainability, especially given how easy his lane phase is.

Unless he is building tank, then ignore him because he is using a useless build and is useless anyway.

People are so afraid to focus morde in teamfights, its plain sad. Usually the only reason he sustains is people are herp derp focus carry. On a larger note a lot of people dont figure out you should cc characters like singed when they are running into your team. 'he's a tanky dude ignore him' is flat wrong in most cases.

This isnt a case where mord is legitamently overpowered, this is a case where the general community is pretty dumb when it comes to actually dealing with one in game.

"To focus Mord or not to focus Mord" requires examining both team comps and all 60 item slots. Which people should be able to do, but it is an open ended question. I've seen Mords with, say, 50% damage and 50% MR, so the solution to that should be obvious.

I'm fairly convinced people don't want to fight mechanically complex and powerful champs. This continues to be an issue over and over again. I mained Vlad for a bit, then started jungling again, and I consistently beat Vlad over and over and over again because I knew how the champ worked.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Morde rolled over TSM so hard at one pro tourney that he got banned next time the team that fielded him played. Think it was Dreamhack. Funny stuff.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Draygo wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Draygo wrote:

It's a waste of time to focus him, even if he builds glass cannon, he takes too long to kill and his carries will skewer you while you try. I don't even care about his damage late game though, he pays for late game sustainability with lack of damage. It's his lane phase that needs adjustment, because as I said before, you cannot stop his farm, and he never has to leave the lane. That's my big issue with him, and that's where I feel he's OP.

Edit: And blowing CC on singed is kind of a bad idea with his ult.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Glal wrote:
    With intermediate bots it's a race to farm up cash fast and win before the 20/30 minute mark. After that point I hope the rest of your team can coordinate, otherwise people will just get picked off repeatedly.

Nah, the bots are still retarded and easy as fuck to beat up even past that time. It takes a *really* awful team to actually lose to the bots. I mean, between their terrible priorities (which are so easy to exploit you'll do it accidentally in every fight that is greater than 1 human versus the bots), general insanity, and their lack of knowledge about when to stay/go back (29% HP warwick with no enemies in sight runs from a creep wave! 32% annie with four people near her attempts to stun the squishy mage in the back!) means that it shouldn't be a challenge to win at all.

You may not be able to win 1v5, granted, since they will push, but it shouldn't be hard to win a 5v1+four useless meatshields.

EDIT: If morde builds no tank he melts very quickly. Not as quickly as other squishy champs, but it's still going to take about three seconds for him to die with no defense whatsoever.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Picked up a copy of the new PC Gamer from the local Walmart after work today and got a working code!
    It's sad that you actually have to be excited that the code works. Damn dishonest people out there make me sick.

datac0re on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Neither morde nor vlad are mechanically complex

they're just both horrendously designed

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hehehe, looks like enough people slammed Riot for the Riven art so they changed it.

Like. I respect that they will change things based on fan feedback 100% but, the frequency with which they need to do so is somewhat comical.

• Options
    TrvstTrvst Registered User regular
    WTB Sivir Pax skin.

trvst.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think any champion in League of Legends is really technically complex relative to HoN/DOTA characters. It may or may not be a bad thing (you can have a lot of depth and skill show up even without a lot of complexity in champ mechanics) but really, almost nothing in the game is that hard to figure out on its own (I'll admit the huge number of champs means that it's hard to pick up and play, but any individual champ can basically be learned well enough to play against in one game.)

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Draygo wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Draygo wrote:

It's a waste of time to focus him, even if he builds glass cannon, he takes too long to kill and his carries will skewer you while you try. I don't even care about his damage late game though, he pays for late game sustainability with lack of damage. It's his lane phase that needs adjustment, because as I said before, you cannot stop his farm, and he never has to leave the lane. That's my big issue with him, and that's where I feel he's OP.

You really can though. Unlike champs who can farm from safety (I'll beat on my Brand drum just since I see him do so consistently well for so little god damn effort), you can kill or zone Mord if you are better than him. I'm well above 50% laning win rates vs. Mord as Ez, Trynd, and Vlad, who are my top laners these days. I could also beat him as Shen but Shen is near Eve tier right now so I don't play him currently.

I also used to main him for a period too. I really think the single best tool for beating a champ is to play them for 20 games or so. Once you get to see them in various matchups, various builds, and develop an intuitive understanding of their mechanics, your ability to fight against that champ is hugely improved. Like my comment on Vlad. "Oh, Vlad's OP? I'm sorry, I'm too busy making him rage quit as WW to notice."

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    milski wrote:
    Glal wrote:
    Nah, the bots are still retarded and easy as fuck to beat up even past that time. It takes a *really* awful team to actually lose to the bots.
    Yeah, guess what you get when you queue with a level 5 account.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    all that needs to be said about morde is riot agrees that he's overpowered.

yeah and look what they did to Vlad.

He was fine after a mild nerf and they get pounding him into the ground.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Glal wrote:
    milski wrote:
    Glal wrote:
    Nah, the bots are still retarded and easy as fuck to beat up even past that time. It takes a *really* awful team to actually lose to the bots.

Last few times I queued for botmatches, when I would have been about 10 levels lower or so, there was always at least 1 jackass playing vayne or another carry with snowball items.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Glal wrote:
    milski wrote:
    Glal wrote:

Why queue against intermediate bots with a level 5 account, anyway? I'm pretty sure you still get full rewards from beginner bots at that point, and neither of them teach you anything (intermediate bots just teach you more wrong things, since the bots get free items faster and so you don't notice that zoning people out and killing them a lot makes them near useless later).

Anyway, even then it should be very easy to go bottom lane as a carry and just feast off the idiot tanky DPS champs, or pull the enemy champions between your towers from the start of the game and grab an early double kill. You don't need to do those, but hey, it's easy and free cash.

EDIT: Carries with snowball items in bot games really aren't bad, since bots are ridiculously easy to kill.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.