Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Breaking Bad

• GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User
    True...

... and now
    Spoiler:

• Atari SoulAtari Soul Registered User regular
    GPIA7R wrote:
    True...

... and now
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    When did this become the Lost thread?

1EAFQ.gif
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote:
    ukiyo e wrote:
    Went over to the Breaking Bad subreddit for funny memes, ended up reading some theories.

Are these people watching the same show that I am watching?
    This is how I feel when reading some of the theories both here and on reddit.

H6J2F.jpg

ah. theres a sentence worth taking seriously

which is to say reddit has a board called white rights, therefore fuck the reddit

edited October 2011
    my old lady was talking to me and looking real disgusted after we watched episode 11 and 12. it was interesting to have someone just watch bits and pieces of it and not follow it as closely as i have. when i asked her what she thought, she said literally everything is walt's fault because he is so goddamn dumb

i was thinking of explaining his motivations, and how his life lead him to this point but then thought about the hook of the show but i couldn't really escape the fact that after all the critical thinking you'd like to attach to the guy, it really boils down to his problems blowing up because he is a dumb, petty asshole

Calamity Jane on
  • LarlarLarlar Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    ukiyo e wrote:
    GPIA7R wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

You sure about that? Because I've read differently.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    ukiyo e wrote:
    GPIA7R wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I think he did at the outset of the series but clearly things have grown. I don't think he would jeopardize the series just to get more episodes. Trust in Gilligan.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Anjin-San wrote:
    my old lady was talking to me and looking real disgusted after we watched episode 11 and 12. it was interesting to have someone just watch bits and pieces of it and not follow it as closely as i have. when i asked her what she thought, she said literally everything is walt's fault because he is so goddamn dumb

i was thinking of explaining his motivations, and how his life lead him to this point but then thought about the hook of the show but i couldn't really escape the fact that after all the critical thinking you'd like to attach to the guy, it really boils down to his problems blowing up because he is a dumb, petty asshole

He is undeniably the dumbest and pettiest of assholes
    Spoiler:

mrsatansig.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    This season, Walt, in pretty much every way, reminds me of the stereotypical Tea Partier.

mrsatansig.png
    Everything I read was that they would either get a shorter run for a 5th season or be moved to a different network.
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    ukiyo e wrote:
    GPIA7R wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I think he did at the outset of the series but clearly things have grown. I don't think he would jeopardize the series just to get more episodes. Trust in Gilligan.

I stand corrected.
    Spoiler:

1EAFQ.gif
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X When you speak I hear muffinsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    This video pretty much confirms (End Times SPOILER: )
    Spoiler:

EDIT: at 3:25.

EDIT EDIT:
    Spoiler:

Dark Raven X on
    camo_sig2.png
  • WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User
    Spoiler:

• AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

oh

my

hrm

Spoiler:

That was a very cool video.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    I can't remember right now, but has this show in the past ever had something happen off camera? What I mean, .. well I'll go to spoilers for this.
    Spoiler:

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
    I can't remember right now, but has this show in the past ever had something happen off camera? What I mean, .. well I'll go to spoilers for this.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Just randomly started watching this. Went over to my mom's and started it up on the Wii.

Sat through 16 episodes before I left and now my entire family is hooked. This show is goddamn amazing.

• OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Monsty wrote:
    YaYa wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Hmm.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

or it could have just been pointing away from walt.

About that scene
    Spoiler:

• godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote:
    ukiyo e wrote:
    Went over to the Breaking Bad subreddit for funny memes, ended up reading some theories.

Are these people watching the same show that I am watching?
    This is how I feel when reading some of the theories both here and on reddit.

H6J2F.jpg

These screenshots have really been bothering me.
    Did her character have a stroke or something? I'm only part-way through season 2.

its a still. it looks weird because it looked weird for like a second and when you take that second and freeze it that's what happens

• existexist Registered User regular
    also i think anna gunn got some plastic surgery

UmPiq.png
    why would you think that
    if anything she gained like 30 pounds

• existexist Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    i saw it mentioned in an av club write-up and have seen it talked about online, though i do realize that is not exactly "concrete evidence"

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Registered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    its a still. it looks weird because it looked weird for like a second and when you take that second and freeze it that's what happens

Yeah it's not hard to get some weird shots if you freeze frame at the right moment.

aik7511.jpg
    I'm throwing someone else's theory out here for the sake of wasting time this week and saying that
    Spoiler:

Because, otherwise, what the hell is he even doing in this season?

iwantanswers3.png
  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:

I recognize that. I'm just saying in that picture, and the glance I had of the TV on Sunday night during the new episode (when she was also making crazy bug-eyed face), it looks like one side of her face is paralyzed and like she's not entirely "there".

Odin wrote:
    Spoiler:

I'm starting to like this idea. After watching that video I have no f'n idea what's going to happen in the finale. Excellent.

1EAFQ.gif
    ukiyo e wrote:
    Odin wrote:
    Spoiler:

I'm starting to like this idea. After watching that video I have no f'n idea what's going to happen in the finale. Excellent.
    Spoiler:

• LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS

Larlar wrote:
    I'm throwing someone else's theory out here for the sake of wasting time this week and saying that
    Spoiler:

to illustrate the power gus wields and the length he'd go to to prove a point, and the pettiness of men who kinda live in that dark world
    Spoiler:

moreover, why do any of these people do the shit they do

the omniscient storytelling is brilliant in that there are few moments where you're like "GREAT IDEA"

• DavidStarskyDavidStarsky Registered User regular
    My summary of Breaking Bad:

Oh shit

oh fuck

oh shitfuck

...bitch!
    !

Butyeah, I'm placing a bet that Mike's gonna be the one to kill Gus.

Since Walt fails to be 'the danger'.

• Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    So about End Times and whodunit speculation:
    Spoiler:

They definitely made this episode ambiguous as fuck. Something's up.

edited October 2011
    I just had a random thought
    Spoiler:

Odin on
    edited October 2011
    Anjin-San wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Spoiler:

to illustrate the power gus wields and the length he'd go to to prove a point, and the pettiness of men who kinda live in that dark world
    Spoiler:

From a writer's perspective. Nothing in Breaking Bad has ever been the focus of a scene and then ultimately dropped. Nothing has ever showed up for no reason.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
This discussion has been closed.