As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Turn-Based Pinball. Turn-Based Rhythm Game. Turn-Based Real Time Strategy. Make it happen, people.

Sounds like the start of Mojam 2: Electric Macarena.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Speaking of L4D2, I started playing it again this week for some reason for the first time in probably...a year? Two? I don't think any of the L4D1 campaigns were ported when I last played, put it that way. Would any of you classy gents be interested in being abandoned on the presumption decease with me sometime soon? Note that my personal tastes (perhaps an oddity) run entirely towards co-op campaign play and I couldn't be less interested in versus...

I'd be up for some of that.

Count me in as well. I've not played in a good long time and wouldn't mind some Reloadin!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Bullio wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Is that the dude from the Wire?

Yes. Senator Clay Davis. Slimey motherfucker.

anoffday wrote: »
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    MAN Blulletstorm is aces. I actually feel really bad about not picking it up full price. Kinda feel a little responsible for there apparently being no sequel...

It's good, but such a crappy PC port.

Disagree. It looks fantastic and runs perfectly smooth. GFWL/console UI aside, it's a perfectly fine port.
    The UI is precisely why it's a crappy port. Just because the game doesn't look like shit or run like shit doesn't mean it's a good port.

That is not enough to make a port crappy to me. A lazy port, maybe, but not a bad one. A port that runs like shit or is poorly optimized are what I consider bad ports. Bulletstorm is perfectly playable with the UI it has and shouldn't be a deterrent to people buying it, especially when it's $5 like it was a couple days ago.

Personally I had 0 issues with the UI. What were some of your problems with it? Dead Island to me was a crappy port. Skyrim to me is a good port with a shitty UI. So there you have a few of my opinions on stuff, just curious as to why others think it's bad.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    oakke wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking this Grimrock game would be better if it was turn based?

I do but I think "This should be turn based" about almost everything.

I'd like to see more turn based games show up in genres that are traditionally realtime.

There are already a lot more turn-based dungeon crawlers than real-time, though, especially if consoles, handhelds and phones are included. Real-time dungeon crawlers have been pretty moribund since DOS went out of style.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Turn-Based Rhythm Game.

i think that would be those games in mario party where you have to remember the pattern then add another button press at the end

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Holy crap, Confrontation is based on a pretty obscure miniature war game. I never imagined it would have the fanbase for a game of any kind.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

MAN Blulletstorm is aces. I actually feel really bad about not picking it up full price. Kinda feel a little responsible for there apparently being no sequel...

Disagree. It looks fantastic and runs perfectly smooth. GFWL/console UI aside, it's a perfectly fine port.
    The UI is precisely why it's a crappy port. Just because the game doesn't look like shit or run like shit doesn't mean it's a good port.

That is not enough to make a port crappy to me. A lazy port, maybe, but not a bad one. A port that runs like shit or is poorly optimized are what I consider bad ports. Bulletstorm is perfectly playable with the UI it has and shouldn't be a deterrent to people buying it, especially when it's $5 like it was a couple days ago.

Personally I had 0 issues with the UI. What were some of your problems with it? Dead Island to me was a crappy port. Skyrim to me is a good port with a shitty UI. So there you have a few of my opinions on stuff, just curious as to why others think it's bad.
    Basically everything they apologize for in this letter, like not being able to use the scroll wheel for some reason.

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    New thread!

I'm looking forward to seeing what this legendary RPG is that will apparently be given away on GOG later today.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Turn-Based Pinball. Turn-Based Rhythm Game. Turn-Based Real Time Strategy. Make it happen, people.

The last one of those firmly describes Fallout: Tactics, which despite being the weakest of the PC Fallouts, is actually still pretty fun. And I think has a Lets Play rattling around here somewhere. Probably a few pages back.

CroakerBC on
  • Options

Basically everything they apologize for in this letter, like not being able to use the scroll wheel for some reason.

Ok so I'm confused. You don't like Bulletstorm's UI because of issues Borderlands had?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Ok so I'm confused. You don't like Bulletstorm's UI because of issues Borderlands had?
    I'm pretty sure he means it had the SAME issues.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

The last one of those firmly describes Fallout: Tactics, which despite being the weakest of the PC Fallouts, is actually still pretty fun. And I think has a Lets Play rattling around here somewhere. Probably a few pages back.

It's been finished for a while, but it was a lot of fun. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/148721/lets-playfallout-tactics-war-war-profiteering-never-changes/p1

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Speaking of L4D2, I started playing it again this week for some reason for the first time in probably...a year? Two? I don't think any of the L4D1 campaigns were ported when I last played, put it that way. Would any of you classy gents be interested in being abandoned on the presumption decease with me sometime soon? Note that my personal tastes (perhaps an oddity) run entirely towards co-op campaign play and I couldn't be less interested in versus...

I'd be up for some of that.

Count me in as well. I've not played in a good long time and wouldn't mind some Reloadin!

I'd be up for that later as well. You could probably all just join the group chat and ask if anyone is up for a game as well. Easy to organize.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »
    Alright, since nobody is getting it. The signatures will now show your most played game of all time when you haven't played anything for two weeks.

Oh, wow, I'm amazed that Payday is my most played game.

You have nearly 300 games in your list, but less than 50 games with any time played. Either you're doing Steam very wrong or very right.

My most played is TF2 with 402 hours right now, but at the current rate Dota 2 will have beaten in a month. Maybe two.

• Options
    DockenDocken Registered User regular
    ok people I need help.

I am trying to be classy and set up a give away, but when I choose Steam Group as my method of exclusion I don't see PA G&T Adventure Team as a selectable option... why is this?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Holy crap, Confrontation is based on a pretty obscure miniature war game. I never imagined it would have the fanbase for a game of any kind.

It's not Warhammer, but it's far from obscure. It's fairly big in Europe. It has some great minis.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Docken wrote: »
    ok people I need help.

I am trying to be classy and set up a give away, but when I choose Steam Group as my method of exclusion I don't see PA G&T Adventure Team as a selectable option... why is this?

I'm just going by your word choice here- EXCLUSION would deny anyone in the group from entering, so...

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Confrontation has my interest just because it looks like it plays a lot like Dawn of War 2, which I absolutely loved. I can still pick that game's single player up and play it anytime.

However, it was made by Cyanide Studios and they don't have a very good track record.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Repostin' for new thread and great justice.
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    So, here's a few games I had steam keys for in my super secret gifting text file. I've had them since forever, so if they screw up I'll just get new copies for gifting. Also, if someone really wants it, I got a key for Dino D-Day as well, but that's kinda like asking if anyone wants some herpes for free.

signature.png
    signature.png

[/quote]

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    ok people I need help.

I'm just going by your word choice here- EXCLUSION would deny anyone in the group from entering, so...

Hah no I meant I select the option of "group only" but the drop down box doesn't contain PAGT...

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    ok people I need help.

Hah no I meant I select the option of "group only" but the drop down box doesn't contain PAGT...

Could you have too many groups? On your page it's way down the bottom, so maybe it can only display 15 or something? Maybe try setting it as your primary group for a minute.

I tried myself and could set it for a group giveaway, so it's probably specific to you.

• Options
    madnessnewbmadnessnewb Registered User regular
    Or if you only recently joined the group then you need to sync your steamgifts profile.
    http://www.steamgifts.com/sync

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That did it!

Thanks @madnessnewb

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Happy Easter everybody!

signature.png

signature.png

EDIT: Hmm I managed to create it such that it doesn't begin in 4 hours... damnit!

Docken on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    EDIT nevermind, vanilla is weird.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Suds wrote: »
    Alright, since nobody is getting it. The signatures will now show your most played game of all time when you haven't played anything for two weeks.

Oh, wow, I'm amazed that Payday is my most played game.

You have nearly 300 games in your list, but less than 50 games with any time played. Either you're doing Steam very wrong or very right.

You can't trust Steam's playtime indicators at all. For example, Steam says that I have zero hours played in Borderlands.

Borderlands2012-03-2904-28-49-34.png?t=1333619575

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    tjT7p.png

@Elderlycrawfish once again proves that he's a classy crab who has nothing to prove. He has gifted me X3! Thanks a lot! You are one classy crab.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I was gifted Ys: Oath in Felgana by the classy gent, Khildith.

And then I learned I am bad at videogames...friggin' chester, man.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Many thanks @StrifeRaZoR for the classy gift of Recettear. Running a shop and making people overpay for goods does sound like a good time.

• Options
    CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    Running a shop and making people overpay for goods does sound like a good time.

Now you understand how the Newell feels.

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Enjoying Blur, bought 3 more copies for a LAN this weekend.

Made me think, where is my modern destruction derby game. I used to really enjoy those.

Prime on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

See below.

And it doesn't help that there's literally no video options, multiple actions linked to 1 key, oh and the fact that they encrypted the files so you need to download an application just to access the files to change settings that should have been available in the menu in the first place. It's a fun game, but face it. It's a mess on PC. The fact that it's GFWL is just icing on the cake. It might be worth more on consoles, but I'm glad I only paid 5 bucks for it on PC because that's all it's worth here. If you're going to be lazy and just quickly port over a game to make a few bucks, then you deserve to fail.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I suggest that Handgimp's flask should probably be in the OP somewhere.

Also, classy crawfish!

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    What flask?

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    oh. MY. GOD!!!!

I miss the best things. That is insanely awesome.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So, the X series is on sale. People who have played them, let's say I'm a blubbering idiot who tried to play an X game once and had no idea what he was meant to do and gave up after twenty minutes of thrashing around space., but I still am honestly feeling tempted because I want some Space, damn it. Which one would you say is more accessible and all-around best entrance point?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Yep, all of L4D1 is in the sequel now (except for the visible legs! ]:< )

No visible legs? Weren't they visible in L4D1 and 2?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    So what should the lower limit be for showing most played game for all time? I have it set to 0 hours played in the past two weeks, but I'm thinking it should be less than 1 hour or something.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Damn, I want that flask.

This discussion has been closed.