As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    So many games on the Amazon sale I wish were Steamworks, like Cities in Motion.

I wonder if I e-mail the dev/publisher they can get me a Steam key. One can hope.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I've been away from my PC for a couple weeks, so when I got back to Steam last night I had a few friend requests. Three of them were from variations of "Steam Support" (using Valve icons), and another was from "AdministratorV0415" (also using a Valve icon).

Oh, how I've missed the scammers.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    Hmm... Defenders of Ardania, 6.74, Steamworks. Did anyone pick that up? How was it?

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    @Iolo @Docken Thanks for the giveaways! 2 of PA's finest!

Also, I see that Crusader Kings 1 Complete is on sale also for 4 dollars. Is that a good alliterative to buying the second one? I've heard you guys talk about it and it sounds amazing, but I figured I could buy this one and hold off until a summer sale for the second if I love the first.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Not sure how this steamgifts thing works, but here goes:

signature.png

Edit: oops, i set it for two hours. Oh well, lets see who will be lucky enough to get it :-P

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    cpugeek13 wrote: »

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/hlAU4/terraria

Thanks for the giveaway @cpugek13 if you want an image for your giveaway go to your giveaway page, click Forum Signature (New) and then copy that code.

I almost forgot about my giveaway. 2 hours left.

signature.png

anoffday on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/hlAU4/terraria

Edit: oops, i set it for two hours. Oh well, lets see who will be lucky enough to get it :-P

Nice, @cpugeek13. As anoffday said, you can get a banner. Click the this-hard-to-see tab on the Steamgifts page to get a banner url:

BQmn7.jpg

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Yeah, it confused me the first time because it's grayed out. So I figured you couldn't use it.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Okay. I tried playing Mr. Nice Guy. I tried urging people to serve the newell. I tried to talk up Blur's selling points to get more racers interested in it. Now you've gone and made me buy 4 extra copies and force it upon the masses.

I will be giving away at least 2 of them. The first in a easy quick steamgifts. signature.png

More copies will be given away as I decide how to, and seeing if specific people would like a copy before I open it up to the rest of the lovely community. <3 Since I play late at night and early afternoon, this giveaway will be ending soon so if you're interested in racing games, give it a shot.

Short time left, get in now. Gogo.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    I tried it a couple of sales back, and in order:
    1. Amazon wouldn't let me buy it
    2. My bank rang to say that they'd blocked my card, because it seemed to be tied to a US billing address, and could I please confirm who i was?
    3. Amazon sent me a slightly ticked off email telling me (I paraphrase) not to be naughty.

This, and the refusal of some game codes from Amazon not being activatable on Steam outside the US, have made me a bit risk-averse.
    Maybe if someone's up for a bit of data smuggling. ;-)

Well, buying and paying with Paypal worked with no trouble last time at least, so I was just trying to help. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't work for everyone.

If this still works for me, you could maybe send money to my Paypal, and I buy it for you and give you the key? I probably should buy something myself beforehand to check if this still works or not, though.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Docken wrote: »
    Docken wrote: »
    Happy Easter everybody!

signature.png

signature.png

EDIT: Hmm I managed to create it such that it doesn't begin in 4 hours... damnit!

Ok mine can be entered now!

SPAZ is great! I started it last night and all of a sudden 3 hours had gone by

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ok, had another whack at it. So I have one giveaway ending in about and hour and a half, and one ending in two days. Happy gaming guys!

signature.png
    signature.png

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Okay. I tried playing Mr. Nice Guy. I tried urging people to serve the newell. I tried to talk up Blur's selling points to get more racers interested in it. Now you've gone and made me buy 4 extra copies and force it upon the masses.

I will be giving away at least 2 of them. The first in a easy quick steamgifts. signature.png

More copies will be given away as I decide how to, and seeing if specific people would like a copy before I open it up to the rest of the lovely community. <3 Since I play late at night and early afternoon, this giveaway will be ending soon so if you're interested in racing games, give it a shot.

Short time left, get in now. Gogo.

Blur looks awesome, classy giveaway man. Also because I didn't post since then, handgimp's flask is g'damn beautiful!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Damn it! That Dragon Age pack doesn't appear to be on sale, nor is Dragon age 1 or 2. WHY HAVE YOU LIED TO ME, STEAM THREAD

Also even though it isnt steam go buy http://indiefort.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle-1

Kenshi
    Wanderlust (looks so good we need to coop)
    Black Market (looks so gooood)
    Devil Whiskey
    Cardinal Quest (looks so goooood)
    Steel Storm Burning Retribution.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    *sigh* I'm sick of being on the sidelines. Any chance for an invite to the PA group?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xaviar21/

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Damn it! That Dragon Age pack doesn't appear to be on sale, nor is Dragon age 1 or 2. WHY HAVE YOU LIED TO ME, STEAM THREAD
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006P28VBM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
    shows as $9.99 to me

• Options
    hmm it wasnt appearing for me. Anyhow

you are my hero, @pablo_price

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Green man gaming has some deals, but I've never used them before. Last thing I want to do is download another application to play games. I don't suppose they use codes that can be put into steam, do they?

anoffday on
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    Green man gaming has some deals, but I've never used them before. Last thing I want to do is download another application to play games. I don't suppose they use codes that can be put into steam, do they?

If you buy a steamworks game from them they show you the key and you can just pop it into steam.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    The reason I couldn't find the dragon age pack: I spent all morning looking around the PC Games tab rather than the Game Downloads tab.

damn you, amazon.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular

Just entered. I love racing games. Love Mario Kart, and always wanted this game for ps3 but never got it. If I win, maybe I can see what you say is so good about it. Thanks for the giveaway. Classy of you.

signature.png

I am not lucky enough to be part of the G&T group, although I'm in the regular PA group.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    The 1 problem i've seen with blur so far is that for the multiplayer you need a full lobby to start the public matches, which is why i'm trying so hard to give away copies of it. Even with private lobbies (That give no xp unfortunately) the game is goddamn hilarious. We had 4 people playing last night and the races were amazing. The game is still only $5 for a few more hours, so if you don't win feel free to pick up a copy and send me a friend request! I have 2 more copies after this one that I need to pass out too, but I think i'll be doing a different kind of contest for those. Blur is very fun! Friend me on steam and ingame if you win. The friend challenges are just evil sometimes. :D

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    @Iolo @Docken Thanks for the giveaways! 2 of PA's finest!

Also, I see that Crusader Kings 1 Complete is on sale also for 4 dollars. Is that a good alliterative to buying the second one? I've heard you guys talk about it and it sounds amazing, but I figured I could buy this one and hold off until a summer sale for the second if I love the first.

Yeah, it still holds up very well and has very similar gameplay to CK2. Get the DVIP mod, though.

I'm on the fence for CK2. I reeeeeally want it, but my wife didn't exactly say yes when I brought it up (didn't say no, either). I have to decide if it's worth a potential argument (it is, but still).

• Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Might as well. Any suggestions for said mods and scripts?
    Well, besides the obligatory horn-tootin' of recommending the Naval Shuffle and Energy Cell-Free Stations ('cause seriously, fuck the whole Energy Cell thing) there's the NPC Bailing Addon which changes how the AI calculates ejecting from a damaged ship and even lets the crews from capital ships abandon ship (Very handy for getting capital for starting out and snagging certain rare ship models) the Orbital Accelerator to Jump Gate script which makes it possible to jump right to Terran sectors instead of slogging through the whole system from the Asteroid Belt, and Weapon Quickswap which is awesome for switching between different gun loadouts on the fly (using beam weapons to snipe at long range and wear the enemy down, then switching to capital cannons to launch a killing salvo once the enemy's in close enough range to make dodging impossible. That cheat script also has a bunch of useful game-oriented functions like infinite undocked saving (because when you need to save, you need to save RIGHT THE FUCK THERE) and map revealing (of dubious use in your first game, but greatly appreciated in your second, third and tenth games). Beyond those, though, it's really preference.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Speaking of L4D2, I started playing it again this week for some reason for the first time in probably...a year? Two? I don't think any of the L4D1 campaigns were ported when I last played, put it that way. Would any of you classy gents be interested in being abandoned on the presumption of decease with me sometime soon? Note that my personal tastes (perhaps an oddity) run entirely towards co-op campaign play and I couldn't be less interested in versus...

I'd be down for that. I've honestly never played much L4D2, despite having it for years now and really enjoying it when I did play it. I'm talking maybe like, 2 hours, tops.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Is it too much to hope that Steam will match some of Amazon's sales this weekend?

Yes, yes it is.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    I tried it a couple of sales back, and in order:
    1. Amazon wouldn't let me buy it
    2. My bank rang to say that they'd blocked my card, because it seemed to be tied to a US billing address, and could I please confirm who i was?
    3. Amazon sent me a slightly ticked off email telling me (I paraphrase) not to be naughty.

This, and the refusal of some game codes from Amazon not being activatable on Steam outside the US, have made me a bit risk-averse.
    Maybe if someone's up for a bit of data smuggling. ;-)

Well, buying and paying with Paypal worked with no trouble last time at least, so I was just trying to help. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't work for everyone.

If this still works for me, you could maybe send money to my Paypal, and I buy it for you and give you the key? I probably should buy something myself beforehand to check if this still works or not, though.

I might take you up on that. I didn't mean to come off as cranky - if I did, sorry, long week. If people can take advantage, it looks totally worth it. I'm just jealous!

• Options
    Congratulations to @HiT BiT for winning Blur. Sent a friend request. If you didn't win, I suggest picking it up for $5! Its really fun. It has a good singleplayer and awesome multi (when you get it playing with friends). I've got 2 more copies i'll be giving away in a little bit, so be prepared!

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Although I can't enter any of the draws (already owe them all), just want to say that I'm amazed by the generosity of everyone here really. Classiness all around on Easter!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Anyone got a link to the sale page for warband? Cant seem to find it just by searching amazon.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    It says I own warband but I recall it didn't redeem on steam... are they giving new keys?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the sale page for warband? Cant seem to find it just by searching amazon.

Huh. I can only find the original game for download, which is $3. Maybe there was some miscommunication.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

This link for the overall sale is helpful... in general. Not for you, though, because although Warband is listed it's currently saying a download version isn't available (other than the demo). Sorry.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Xaviar wrote: »
    *sigh* I'm sick of being on the sidelines. Any chance for an invite to the PA group?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xaviar21/

Add me and I'll do it when I get off of work!

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    The 1 problem i've seen with blur so far is that for the multiplayer you need a full lobby to start the public matches, which is why i'm trying so hard to give away copies of it. Even with private lobbies (That give no xp unfortunately) the game is goddamn hilarious. We had 4 people playing last night and the races were amazing. The game is still only $5 for a few more hours, so if you don't win feel free to pick up a copy and send me a friend request! I have 2 more copies after this one that I need to pass out too, but I think i'll be doing a different kind of contest for those. Blur is very fun! Friend me on steam and ingame if you win. The friend challenges are just evil sometimes. :D

I can back this. I loved Blur, had it for my 360.

• Options
    The Saboteur is currently $5 on Amazon. Does it register on Origin?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

This link for the overall sale is helpful... in general. Not for you, though, because although Warband is listed it's currently saying a download version isn't available (other than the demo). Sorry.
    Damnit.

It must have something to do with when dirtyboy tried to gift it to me last night, it gave a key that was invalid in steam.

To make up for that, he gifted me the darkness 2.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Karapyss has gone live in Rise of Immortals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8DCGsqt9SU

Taramoor on
  • Options
    CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Blame me. Warband's product description mistakenly noted that Steam is required for activation and installation. I told Amazon's CS about it, and they quickly issued a refund (while letting me keep the non-Steam-activated key) and pulled the game from the sale.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    oakke wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking this Grimrock game would be better if it was turn based?

I do but I think "This should be turn based" about almost everything.

I'd like to see more turn based games show up in genres that are traditionally realtime.

A turn based racing game based on random dice rolls and a hand of game-specific cards with RPG elements for upgrading your driver/car is the game I would make if I ever became a guy who makes games.

Ever heard of Car Wars?

I have never, ever, ever seen a game cause more ruined friendships or table-flipping rage than that game.

Good lord, I love Car Wars. :D

I ... fishtail turn ... which lines up my autocannon ... and ... yep, your car explodes. Nice game!

I've wished for a very long time that Steve Jackson wasn't so against licensing his games for PC. I gather he had a bad experience with the whole Fallout thing but I'd love to see Car Wars or OGRE on PC.

And if you want to talk about the destruction of friendships and all you could ever hold dear between a group of people, then let us speak of Illuminati: New World Order.

This discussion has been closed.