As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Operation: GO TO THE NEW THREAD

The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
edited November 2012 in Games and Technology

cerberuslogo.png

unledpev.png
Mass Effect Wiki - Suicide Mission Guide (ME2) - Import Saves (ME1/2 PC & XBOX ONLY) -
Face Codes (ME2)

300pxme3logo.png
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. Available Everywhere NOW.

List of Origin/XBL/PSN names here! (Join here!)

Join the Steam group!

Xbox Metatag = PennyA ME3

ME3 Pre-Release Videos
Normandy Tour 2 - Normandy Tour - Hijacking an Atlas - Palaven Gameplay - Live Action Trailer - Mars Gameplay - Galaxy Map - CG Trailer - FemShep Trailer - Ruthless and Intelligent Enemies - Adrenaline-Pumping Gameplay - Integrated Storytelling - Customizable Arsenal - Voice Cast - Multiplayer Trailer - James Vega - Tuchanka Gameplay - Squad Leader Gameplay - E3 Trailer - Earth Demo - Sur'Kesh Demo - Reaper Base Demo - Kinect Demo

More Mass Effect

Games!
200pxmasseffectoriginal.jpg masseffectgalaxylogo.jpg
200pxfinalboxartme2.jpg

Comics!
180pxmasseffectredempti.jpg 180pxmasseffectevolutio.png 180pxmasseffectinvasion.jpg 73322203.png
200pxme2aria.png 43458948.png vegat.png

Books!
230pxmerevelation.jpg 190pxmeascension.jpg 190pxmeretributioncover.jpg 190pxmasseffectdeceptio.png

A motion picture! + An anime!

Community Sundries

@TychoCelchuuu has been kind enough to provide peeks at Commander Shepard's facebook page:
one |two| three | FOUR! | FIVE!!

@GoodKingJayIII provided the following way to skip much of the introduction for the PC version of ME2:
A lot of people don't like the opening 10 minute intro movie, but there is a way to get rid of it. Go to:

C:....mass effect 2\BioGameMovies

Change the extension of the following files to .bak:

Opening_End_Seq.bik

Opening_End_SeqFM.bik

Opening_Seq_INT.bik

ProCer_300_FirstFlight.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_INT.bak

ProNor_Pod2.bik

ProNorEscape.bik

ProNorEscapeAsh.bik

ProNorEscapeKaid.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_ESN.bik

ME_EAsig_720p_v2_raw.bak

BWLogo.bak

ProNor_Shepard_Rebuilt.bik

This will not get rid of everything, you still have to watch the non-CGI cutscenes and Save Joker. But it does cut down quite a bit. If you want those movies back just rename them to .bik again. If you're worried your renaming the wrong thing, you can download a BIK palyer and confirm the files.

3. For those who hate planet scanning and hacking, there is an easy ini file edit floating around. This is just a colaseced editor that you guys have already been playing with but this one seemed pretty idiot proof to me. This again needs an external program but is non-excutable.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjjzlzzzmyj

This has all kinds of stuff like god mode, extra weapons, infinite ammo etc., but if you just want the money, just use it to get your resources, save, then exit the game and revert to the non-hacked state.

@korodullin has kindly offered some R&R with a wonderful game of bingo!

bingofinalv2.jpg

@Spoit has a far more simple variation:
me2bingo.jpg

@curly haired boy strikes back with awesome wallpapers taken from the ME2:
@Orca has kindly complied all of the shamelessly awful pictures posted in this thread.

@Orca explains how to transfer ME1 to Origin:
From the other thread, enter your info here: https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

then create or link an existing EA classic account. Origin should figure out what's up without you doing anything more at that point.

*If buying ME somewhere other than Origin and it doesn't contain BDTS or PS, contact Origin CS and they can get it fixed for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2mdZ23eP8
-Tal wrote: »

Massive. End. Spoilers. DO NOT CLICK. SERIOUSLY.

From @Yougottawanna a Brilliant dissection as to why the ending is so bad in Red Letter Media Style:
And a followup:
From @manwiththemachinegun SECRET TRUE ENDING HHEYYYYAAA!!!!!

True Last Boss!

Bioware Blog Where official announcements about pending Multiplayer weekend events are made.
MP Build Simulator
Mass Effect 3 MP Weapon Data
Mass Effect 3 MP Wave Composition Chart
For a list of your obtained equipment and their respective levels, check your Bioware Social account. Go to "My Games" and click Mass Effect 3 in the pop-up box and then choose Multiplayer Manifest.

Special thanks to @-Tal for putting together an awesome OP.
The OP has been stolen so many fucking times. We're gonna fill up the OP with credits. :D
OP Shamelessly stolen from @forar who stole it from @The Dude With Herpes who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @forar who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @-Tal
Taramoor wrote: »
The following was posted by a BioWare mod as an apology for the online pass issue, which they're working on.
tumblr_m28k0axzRD1rq5i6do1_500.jpg
830pxinterrupticons.png
And last, but certainly not least: The TRUE Hero of Mass Effect
u8BWP.gif

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    waiting for you harbinger, ive missed you!

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I'm 100% sure a bunch of the weapon/MP stat links in the OP are out of date. If someone has the new ones could you post them here or PM them to me and I can update it?

If someone, also, has a nice good roundup, preferably in link or image form for the new DLC info, I can throw it in there. The OP has been handed down since ages of yore; it could do with a makeover.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    In stark contract to yesterday night, I just did some Platinum farming with some very competent and fun to play with/talk to randoms. Even when facing down dozens of banshees and atlases in a single round, we held the line. And by "held" I mean "detonated with biotic combos".

• Options
    SloSlo Registered User regular
    So I just finished my Insanity mass effect 1 + 2 playthrough. Then my girlfriend bought me Mass Effect 3! Multiplayer is so delicious, I fluked out and got a widow in the first veteran pack I bought, making me the most badass N7 rank 15 soldier ever.

Farming headshots is so delicious.

Anyone have advice for packs I should buy/difficulty I should play at for optimal gear acquisition?

• Options
    Ides of MarchIdes of March Registered User regular
    Finished the challenge easily with a Cerb/Vancouver/Bronze match with pubbies. Everybody was smart and got to the extraction zone and we did it in 16 minutes. I also noticed the extraction bonus credits for the first time - 1.6K for that mission - not a lot, but it was a Bronze mission after all. Now to help out the community goal/raise 2 mil credits for Tuesday.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    spam veteran packs at first, which will level up all your basic shit, give you the silver characters to mess around with, and get you started on silver guns.

after that, premium spectre packs offer the best return on credits, but if you're not doing golds regularly you might want to just stay with regular spectre packs

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular
    Anyone out there on XBox looking to play? I've never managed to get a game with PA people before, but I'm getting tired of the pubs and could use some intelligent company.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    spam veteran packs at first, which will level up all your basic shit, give you the silver characters to mess around with, and get you started on silver guns.

after that, premium spectre packs offer the best return on credits, but if you're not doing golds regularly you might want to just stay with regular spectre packs

I don't think recruit packs are a bad investment at all when you're first starting out either, so that you level up your basics pretty quickly

just sprinkle some vets in there to make sure you pick up some characters

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    squad goal done in 16 minutes, vanguards ftw.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    SPECULATION TIME.

http://www.clevernoob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1457-me3-dlc-timetable-leak/
    From Pastebin:

Mass Effect 3 Guardian DLC: 800 MS/BioWare Points
    The truth is close.Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden in the heart of every civilization.
    ^Citadel DLC

DLC release date:November 2012

Mass Effect 3 Retaliation DLC: Multi DLC and last.

^Confirmed

Mass Effect 3 Assassin DLC pack:{DLC name may change}:

Weapon DLC pack:DLC release date:November 2012

Mass Effect 3 War Assets Cinematics DLC: free DLC
    DLC release date:not yet known

Mass Effect 3 Take Earth back DLC: free DLC
    Expand your experience in the battle for Earth

DLC release date:probably December 2012

Mass Effect 3 Light DLC{DLC name may change}:800 MS/BioWare Points:
    Activate mass relay and discover uncharted corners of the Milky Way.

Mass Effect 3 Rebirth DLC:free DLC{required all DLC}
    DLC release date:February 2013 This is the last DLC

note there is no omega on that list so.. i dunno, the rest sound interesting if true.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    cinematics for the war assets? OH YEAH BABY

• Options
    ELCOR TANKS.

i so want this to be true that i will hate myself if it isnt.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    What the hell would they release as DLC that both is free and requires all previous DLC?

• Options
    edited October 2012
    so i got it from this bsn thread http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/14245726/2

and what is interesting the most is Chris Priestly denying the whole list, saying everything on the list is fake. (he also apparently called the last few dlcs fake too)

retaliation is on that list.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    What the hell would they release as DLC that both is free and requires all previous DLC?

Isn't that what they've done with every MP DLC so far?

From their end it makes a lot easier, I'm sure, to not deal with compatibility nonsense, and when they're free, why not?

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    so i got it from this bsn thread http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/14245726/2

and what is interesting the most is Chris Priestly denying the whole list, saying everything on the list is fake. (he also apparently called the last few dlcs fake too)

I knew jet packs and volguards were too good to be true ;-)

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

He also fiercely denied Kasumi's existence prior to her release.

Not that his denying anything makes it credible.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    damn priestly is lighting dudes on fire in that thread

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Wait a Take Back Earth DLC?

Don't we already have an Earth DLC? Or is that meant to be a SP one? If so how would that fit into the story at all?

I'm cornfused.

These leaks are being pretty damn reliable so I don't see any reason to not really buy it, but I'm also not gonna get too worked up over it either way.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

From their end it makes a lot easier, I'm sure, to not deal with compatibility nonsense, and when they're free, why not?

Well, agreed, if it's "all previous MP DLC", which it's not in that quote. It's just "All previous DLC", which is weird, and is the only one in the list to call out a requirement in that fashion.

Eh, we'll see. If they manage Leviathan-quality on all of them, I'll be pretty happy regardless.

dporowski on
  • Options
    further in that thread in the original link is this bit of more info.. i dunno now it seems like people are just adding bits to it at pastebin for the lulz. so take with grain of salt.
    Annotation point 6 {Rebirth DLC}

Ending ME3 will not change.I learned about this yesterday sorry.
    DLC focuses on a secret project of Illusive Man and his past.
    But I know that scene at the Red Ending {breathe} will be slightly expanded.

The planet on which crashed into Normandy will be the beginning of an adventure for Mass Effect: Expansion {at this stage of the scenario}.

Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC release date: October 16

1.Mass Effect 3 Guardian DLC: 800 MS/BioWare Points
    The truth is close.Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden
    in the heart of every civilization.
    This DLC focuses on the keepers and the Citadel
    DLC release date:November 2012{DLC completed at 70%-at this point}

2.Mass Effect 3 Retaliation DLC: Multi DLC and last.

3.Mass Effect 3 Weapon DLC pack::{weapons from Earth DLC and Retaliation DLC new armor}
    DLC release date:November 2012

4.Mass Effect 3 War Assets Cinematics DLC: free DLC
    DLC release date:not yet known{December- Christmas gift}

Mass Effect 3 From Ashes DLC{new price 320 MS/BioWare Points } {December}

Mass Effect 3 Take Earth back DLC: free DLC{{deleted}-Luna{Moon} -deleted

5.Mass Effect 3 Light DLC{DLC name may change}{Luminous Sky}:800 MS/BioWare
    Activate mass relay and discover uncharted corners of the
    Milky Way.
    Etamis race{inactive reaper ME2 -testing crucible by Etamis}

DLC release date:January 29

6.Mass Effect 3 Rebirth DLC:free DLC{required all DLC}- required Leviathan DLC,Guardian DLC,Luminous Sky DLC{Omega DLC probably not required}
    Annotation:
    Ending ME3 will not change.I learned about this yesterday sorry
    DLC focuses on a secret project of Illusive Man and his past

Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC release date: October 16

DLC release date:February 2013{premiere in March} This is the last DLC

New Mass Effect is actually the name "Phantom"{deleted name}
    Mass Effect:Expansion {yes this is sequel}

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The leaks from the one guy are reliable. This is out of the wilderness, so until proven etc.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i reeeeeeally hope that retaliation isn't the last multi DLC. i won't be surprised if it is, what with it being the biggest thus far, but i wanted it to be supported further because of how good it is.

• Options

Don't we already have an Earth DLC? Or is that meant to be a SP one? If so how would that fit into the story at all?

I'm cornfused.

These leaks are being pretty damn reliable so I don't see any reason to not really buy it, but I'm also not gonna get too worked up over it either way.

i think its suppose to be the priority earth mission just expanded and enhanced for a much better final battle. they have those party member speech files i posted in the last thread already out too...

• Options
    edited October 2012

Well, agreed, if it's "all previous MP DLC", which it's not in that quote. It's just "All previous DLC", which is weird, and is the only one in the list to call out a requirement in that fashion.

Eh, we'll see. If they manage Leviathan-quality on all of them, I'll be pretty happy regardless.

Oooh, I see where you're looking now. I hadn't read that list very closely.

Hmm..Well, I can think of a few reasons that would require all the other DLC, if true; maybe it's a post-ending thing? For a SP DLC that's the only real reason I can think of that it'd require the rest, as their SP DLC's for ME2 and, well, at least with Leviathan, have been pretty segregated from the main game proper, and other DLC's.

If that's the case, yay

EDIT: If this new MP DLC is indeed the last, it would make sense the way they're staggering the release of classes. I'll be more than happy with the content they've put out for MP, even if this is the last. They supported MP way better than any of us could have expected or hoped for. A++ content there, for many of us it's provided more gametime and entertainment than the SP game; for something many people thought would be a complete afterthought.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

That list was made after the Retaliation name had been leaked by OTS.

Also notice how it says confirmed after "Multi DLC and last."

It's never been confirmed that Retaliation is the last DLC. Yes, it might very well be, but it's not been confirmed.

And there's just too many DLCs in there that sound like wishfull thinking rather than leaks.
    Naivitè

I'm cornfused.

Except this leak doesn't follow the standard of having descriptions written well enough to sound official, it's been declared fake unlike other leaks which Bioware never commented on and the "leaker" has no history.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    edited October 2012

yeah i just read that.

all up in the air now.

still, leviathan does have 5 unused citidel maps in its game files...

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    yeah this is likely fake. shame on me for believing it, and shame that the war assets cinematics have a roughly zero chance of being created/released.

Antimatter on
  • Options

It's never been confirmed that Retaliation is the last DLC. Yes, it might very well be, but it's not been confirmed.

And there's just too many DLCs in there that sound like wishfull thinking rather than leaks.

I'm cornfused.

Except this leak doesn't follow the standard of having descriptions written well enough to sound official, it's been declared fake unlike other leaks which Bioware never commented on and the "leaker" has no history.

Er...it very well could be fake, I have no idea; but your latter statement isn't correct. Priestly and/or others at bioware have consistently said virtually every 'leak' so far has been untrue or fake. I mean, they've straight up lied about it. I'm not saying that like they're being sinister, but they have gone out of their way to say they're false; not 'no comment' or just ignoring it, straight up saying nope, and then they turn out to be true.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

I'm cornfused.

Er...it very well could be fake, I have no idea; but your latter statement isn't correct. Priestly and/or others at bioware have consistently said virtually every 'leak' so far has been untrue or fake. I mean, they've straight up lied about it. I'm not saying that like they're being sinister, but they have gone out of their way to say they're false; not 'no comment' or just ignoring it, straight up saying nope, and then they turn out to be true.

I'm a regular both here and on the BSN and I don't recall a single instance where rumors by either Derptemp on reddit or by OTS on the BSN have been called fake.

If there's a (supposed) leak, I know about it. And what made the past leaks (the true ones anyways) believable is that the Devs never commented on them. They only call fakes out when they're really fake. Otherwise they don't comment since the hype is helping their MP community.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Anyone up for some GWP this weekend before the DLC hits?

• Options
    How is GWP with the Banshee change?

Their teleport bugging into the consoles was one of the ways it worked.

I need to get the <20m thing for the weekend. Thinking I might try it solo? How feasible would a bronze kroguard on glacier be to do it in under 20? Maybe with a piranha instead of reegar for range.

• Options
    I'm probably just going to do it with a human vanguard, or maybe cerberus

we can burn consumables for this one, so blasting through a solo bronze in under 20 should be pretty easy

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, human vanguard would probably be quicker, I just don't trust myself enough to do it successfully; I play too little these days.

But you're right, I totally forgot about the consumable thing, I can blow a few missiles to speed it up toward the end.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    If anyone needs help with this business over the weekend I can be of service on Live

I can also help on Origin but only on Team Dubstep

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I swear I hate fb London more everyday.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It's grown on me, actually.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I actually enjoy most of the maps.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    anddddd EA servers are down. Bleh.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
This discussion has been closed.