Options

Do We Have A Beer Thread? I Want to Talk About Beer Now

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    What is good in life?

I mean, sure, the enemies driven before you and lamentations of the women, but I have to say a growler of The Maharaja for two bucks is up there.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Just want to say Great Lakes Coolwave, used to be Alchemy Hour, double IPA is great.

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    The Sad SausageThe Sad Sausage Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Had a great beer the other day.

Highly recommend it.

24288.jpg

The Sad Sausage on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to remind all of you today is IPA day..

Hope you all celebrated correctly...

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Finished the aforementioned growler. So, yes!

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    I honestly did not know it was IPA day, but I did have a whole 24 oz. bottle of the Sierra Nevada single-hop Equinox IPA earlier today, and then an Evil Twin 13% abv Molotov Cocktail DIPA. So lucky coincidence.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Washed down a burger with a local IPA. 'Twas alright.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I had a Hop Head Red, so I think that counts?

• Options
    Halfsies.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I just had an Orange Blossom Cream Ale from Buffalo Bill's Brewery and it's so smooth, if it weren't for that hint of ale taste to it and lack of carbonation I'd think it was a orange cream soda.

I'm worried I might end up having the whole six-pack tonight.

• Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Terrible news ladies and gents. An awesome burger joint with Three Floyds, Bells, Mad Tree, and Rhinegiest on tap is being built five minutes away from our house. Who's idea was this?!

Terrible, just terrible... ;)

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Cincitucky wrote: »
    Terrible news ladies and gents. An awesome burger joint with Three Floyds, Bells, Mad Tree, and Rhinegiest on tap is being built five minutes away from our house. Who's idea was this?!

Terrible, just terrible... ;)

My town recently had a 70 yr old, burger & billards joint, close down. They served delicious homemade burgs, the size of my open hand for $2, or $3 for a double patty.
    Cherish such joints when you can.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I was recently in Mass. As I left Mass, I made sure to pick up some Troegs, because I miss it so very very much.

I am currently so happily drunk on Hopback Amber and Java Head Stout. I wish they had a bomber of Flying Mouflan, but beggars can't be choosers.

And on the non-beer tip, I attended a Scotch tasting in Boston a couple of weeks ago, and got it in my head that I would like to own a couple bottles of nice scotch, representing the regions - for company or for personal enjoyment on special occasions. Now I'm just trying to convince myself that it's worth driving up to the New Hampshire state liquor store to drop 250 bucks on a selection of decent Whisky.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    A local brewery is starting a series of spontaneously fermented beer by pumping it to the roof. With wild yeast. In the middle of Denver.

I love wild beer, but ehhhhhh

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I think the best spontaneous beers are always blends of many batches in the Belgian Gueze and Lambic tradition. As a one off that urban Denver beer might be good, but without that blending approach they will have a tough time getting any consistency if they plan to revisit the brew sometime in the future.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Yeah fingers crossed that it turns out good.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    A local brewery is starting a series of spontaneously fermented beer by pumping it to the roof. With wild yeast. In the middle of Denver.

I love wild beer, but ehhhhhh

Which brewery? I live in Lakewood.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Former Future.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Confused.

I can grasp that you would do it that way just for fun, but seriously. Why wouldn't you just put out some petri dishes and try to culture some airborn yeasts before you brew?

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    In Korea: A chicken/pizza place had a bunch of strange beers on the menu.

Sunset Beer, Ocean Beer, Pine Beer, and Mango Beer.

All of them had "Bia" in Korean instead of the Korean word for beer, which made me immediately suspect shenanigans. As near as I can tell, they were cheap beer (Hite) mixed with blended fruit/fruit juice. Ocean Beer, what I got, seemed to have honeydew melon or kiwi in it, hard to place.

Pretty good, but not quite what I was expecting!

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    Eh I actually like the idea. I'm a huge fan of spontaneous beer. There's a sense of risk and adventure that you don't get with carefully cultured yeasts.

I just didn't know there was quality wild yeast downtown. Most of the ones I drink are from orchards or, well, farms.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Eh I actually like the idea. I'm a huge fan of spontaneous beer. There's a sense of risk and adventure that you don't get with carefully cultured yeasts.

I just didn't know there was quality wild yeast downtown. Most of the ones I drink are from orchards or, well, farms.

You gotta push the envelope if you want to have change!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I really enjoy this Sam Adams sampler seasonal pack. The White Lantern, the Porch Rocker, the Belgian Session, the weird blueberry one, all great.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I really enjoy this Sam Adams sampler seasonal pack. The White Lantern, the Porch Rocker, the Belgian Session, the weird blueberry one, all great.

My grandad got that and we had some beer the other day. I'm not a fan of Belgian style stuff, but it ain't bad for what it is

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i am not a beer snob, despite being refered to as such several times for not liking bud light

but have enjoyed every sam adams beer i have drunk

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    I went looking for blueberry beer the other day and apparently it is too late in the summer because all I could find was Pumpkin Everything.

Although possibly the shop was too highbrow to carry any considering the quantity of Ommegang and the wall of trappist stuff

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    The Sad SausageThe Sad Sausage Registered User regular
    If you haven't tried it yet, this stuff is great:

4827296639_69ba31162b.jpg

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    I went looking for blueberry beer the other day and apparently it is too late in the summer because all I could find was Pumpkin Everything.

Although possibly the shop was too highbrow to carry any considering the quantity of Ommegang and the wall of trappist stuff

Beers seasons are like a month ahead of when the seasons actually start now. Fall stuff should show up in September and even that would be early, but now it's out in October and the Summer stuff is gone now. Pretty crazy.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I just picked up a 6-pack of summer ale yesterday, and there were plenty of other summer seasonals still available.
    Do you have poor distribution where you are so they don't get as much?

• Options
    If you haven't tried it yet, this stuff is great:

4827296639_69ba31162b.jpg

I want this inside of me. Where did you find it?

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I haven't had that stuff, but Stiegl Radler is grapefruit flavored and delicious as well. The barkeeps down the road put a shot of strawberry rum in there when you order one. Super tasty

• Options
    I love grapefruit, it's probably my favorite of the breakfast fruits.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Schell's makes Schellshocked which is a grapefruit radler as well.

I fucking hate grapefruit but I really enjoy grapefruit beer.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Drinking a Victory Old Horizontal Barleywine.

It's 11% and you can taste every bit of it.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    I love grapefruit, it's probably my favorite of the breakfast fruits.

I don't know what breakfast fruits are, but grapefruits are awesome and I wish I could eat them.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I figured out why they call this Old Horizontal...

• Options
    I kind of want to just lay down now.

• Options
    Thia might be the most aptly named beer ever.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I just picked up a 6-pack of summer ale yesterday, and there were plenty of other summer seasonals still available.
    Do you have poor distribution where you are so they don't get as much?

I don't know the Summer stuff might still be here I just don't care for it much so I don't notice it might be more the thing.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I don't know if it's any good, but I have a Ninkasi Vanilla Oatis that I will be consuming later today.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
This discussion has been closed.