As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do We Have A Beer Thread? I Want to Talk About Beer Now

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Does anyone know some good youtube channels for beer?

You can't buy beer from youtube channels!

That hasn't stopped me from trying

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Picked up Rick and Robbie's Sprocket Bier from Stone.

It's a 5.4 Black Eye Kolsch.

Taking the first sip now...

Holy fuck that's delicious.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
  • Options

Just got hit with a pretty strong wave of nostalgia

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Wellp since no one has a favorite Beer channel, I decided to launch my own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n7Qpw3wJDg

Nothing aside from this teaser video, but soon I'll have reviews, interviews, the works.

• Options
    spec2spec2 Painted in my tiger skin Especially in MichiganRegistered User regular
    You guys.

It turns out 10% + bourbon barrel beers get you the best kind of drunk.

I know, because I did science. Drinking science.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    spec2 wrote: »
    You guys.

It turns out 10% + bourbon barrel beers get you the best kind of drunk.

I know, because I did science. Drinking science.

The best kind of science.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    E = MC Hammered

• Options
    20140826_170132_zpsog8fqku0.jpg

Bought another bottle of the Sprocket Bier from Stone.

Yup, still amazing.

• Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    20140826_170132_zpsog8fqku0.jpg

Bought another bottle of the Sprocket Bier from Stone.

Yup, still amazing.

Damn, that's look great. No beer in the house too... I'm jealous.

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Lot of options for today since I hit the beer store over the weekend. Got a Czech pils from Full Sail, a German pils from Ninkasi, an 'India Wheat' from Ecliptic, a Session IPA from Schooner Exact, a CDA/Black IPA from 10 Barrel, a second bottle of Black Butte XXVI from Deschutes, and a new IIPA from Coronado Brewing.

But I'm leaving that all alone and will crack into a growler of (GABF silver medal winning) Urban Farmhouse from The Commons. It's a bit hot today and a post-work pint of that with a book out back in the shade will be pretty nice.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
  • Options
    99 for 99 dollars? What a deal?

Hello? I'll take three!

• Options

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Seems I've been beaten to posting that video.

I'm really hoping me and my friends can score one, according to their twitter they'll have 20 of them at locations this Thursday.

• Options
    http://news.msn.com/offbeat/from-texas-where-everything-is-bigger-the-99-pack-of-beer#tscptmf

Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I might see if some of my friends down in Austin will get me one of these, just for giggles. I haven't had their beer before but they have and they said it's good so I'm interested

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Darmak did you... see the rest of this page?

• Options
    No

no I did not. My shame is infinite

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    If only I had 99 beers with which to drown that shame

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    i bought a six pack of wasatch brewery's devastator, they're gone now.

delicious, i'd only had it before when i went to salt lake city back in may

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I've been working my way through the DeSchutes catalog. Their summer seasonal was pretty 'meh' but the Chainbreaker white IPA is the business.

I also found a 4 of Surly Bitter Brewer at a coffee/beer shop. It was surprisingly not that bitter, but a nice, easy drink.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Getting one of these 99 packs may be more difficult than I anticipated, as far as I can tell they didn't announce the first location online and it sold.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Getting one of these 99 packs may be more difficult than I anticipated, as far as I can tell they didn't announce the first location online and it sold.

They're probably hard to miss at a store.

• Options
    Just finishing editing and uploading my first video on my youtube channel. I'm hoping to have things running by September.

SO EXCITED!

• Options
    Spent my lunch hour trying to chase a 99 pack down. Seems Whole Foods and Central Markets may have presold the one they were allotted.

• Options
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    I've been working my way through the DeSchutes catalog. Their summer seasonal was pretty 'meh' but the Chainbreaker white IPA is the business.

Chainbreaker is a strong recommendation for a post-lawnmowing/gazing-on-the-fruit-of-your-labor beer. I keep some in the garage fridge for just such an occasion.

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Chainbreaker is a strong recommendation for a post-lawnmowing/gazing-on-the-fruit-of-your-labor beer. I keep some in the garage fridge for just such an occasion.

What's the ruling on Lawnmowing beers? My wife says I'm just looking for an excuse to get daydrunk. I say I'm trying to take the pain out of mowing the yard in Central Florida.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    No matter what beer you drink, if you're mowing a lawn in Florida, it will suck.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    What's the ruling on Lawnmowing beers? My wife says I'm just looking for an excuse to get daydrunk. I say I'm trying to take the pain out of mowing the yard in Central Florida.

Mowing the lawn is adequate punishment to deserve a beer reward. Finish at 9am? Hey, you start the day early, you get to start the drinking early too.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Black Butte XXVI is wonderful this year. "Wow" doesn't begin to cover it.

I bought two bottles and the other one is in the Cabinet of Perpetual Darkness under the Basement Stairs. I feel confident that stuff is going to be amazing a year from now.

• Options
    I do not miss lawn mowing in Florida.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Goose Island why did you hop your Oktoberfest so much more than other breweries? That's not what I want in an Oktoberfest.

• Options
    Huh, a buddy down in Austin managed to find and buy one of those 99 packs. I'm pretty jealous

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Torpedo is so very good.

• Options
    Since I work all day I'm sending the wife to Jack Pine, our local Brewer, and having her pick me up a growler of whatever they're filling today.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I don't mean to be the guy that buys beer based on a good name, but when you see a 12% stout called Even More Jesus . . .

The Judge on
  • Options
    Live tweeting Shaun of the Dead while drunk: Great idea or greatest idea?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Man, a liquor "super store" opened up in a city 40 minutes from my house. It has everything I could imagine as far a hard liquor, and their beer selection is pretty top notch. They have all of the bigger Midwest breweries covered, plus some small local ones, and then all of the major names from around the US. They also have a good selection of foreign beer. They also have Beer Advocate ratings on any beer with a score of 90 or above.

I picked up a bomber of Unibroue Ephemere Apple, and bottles of Brother Thelonius, Left Hand Nitro milk stout, Boulevard Brewery Quadruple, a local blueberry ale from a brewery in La Porte, IN, New Belgium's trippel, and another abbey ale I can't remember the name of.

The city it's in has a large mall that I visit semi-frequenly. Just about the right time to refill the beer fridge.

Edit: dang, even for phone posting that was a lot of typos.

jgeis on
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So I don't often have access to mid-west beers here in SoCal, recently Bells has begun to show up and many of their offerings have been pretty tasty, also I was gifted some New Glarus Serendipty, and it was definitely among the best fruit beer that I have had the pleasure of sipping.
    I don't mean to be the guy that buys beer based on a good name, but when you see a 12% stout called Even More Jesus . . .

If you realltly enjoyed it check out the four pack of 12 oz. 'I Love You With My Stout' which is also by Evil Twin, it is the exact same recipe as Even More Jesus, but by volume about half the price. Why? I don't know exactly, but I imagine that contracting as a gypsie brewer can end up being a bit convoluted.

user on
  • Options
    user wrote: »
    So I don't often have access to mid-west beers here in SoCal, recently Bells has begun to show up and many of their offerings have been pretty tasty, also I was gifted some New Glarus Serendipty, and it was definitely among the best fruit beer that I have had the pleasure of sipping.

If you realltly enjoyed it check out the four pack of 12 oz. 'I Love You With My Stout' which is also by Evil Twin, it is the exact same recipe as Even More Jesus, but by volume about half the price. Why? I don't know exactly, but I imagine that contracting as a gypsie brewer can end up being a bit convoluted.

I'm of the opinion that Bell's is the best brewery in Michigan, but Great Lakes edges them out for best in the Mid-West. I haven't gotten to really try stuff from New Glarus though, and I've only heard good things.

This discussion has been closed.