As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Microcraft: 1.8 Update is Live! Inventory search function now powered by Bing!

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Nope, most people use in game text chat, occasionally Ventrilo for event shenanigans, but not required.

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    I miss the occasional vent chat.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Vent servers cost money and if we're basically not using the vent server we have I'd like to know. The server we're using for minecraft now is pretty damn hefty and I wonder if we can just stick vent hosting software on it.
    Or however wizards make this work.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Fishing plugin has been updated to fix spawning mobs in the Frost Vale. It'll be a bit before it's live on the server, but I want to announce something that will be noticeable while fishing:

The major new change is how stuff you catch will appear into your inventory. The way items got into your inventory before was by automatically editing your inventory to just add whatever you caught, and one downside to this was if your inventory was full, the item was gone. Now, you will naturally pick them up like normal items and if your inventory is full, the extra stuff will be waiting on the ground to be picked up.

I added a couple new items to catch that people had ideas for as well, so check out the wiki for more info.

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    I wanna catch a smite 1 fishy D:

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    nuka wrote: »
    Vent servers cost money and if we're basically not using the vent server we have I'd like to know. The server we're using for minecraft now is pretty damn hefty and I wonder if we can just stick vent hosting software on it.

not really
    you'd be limited to 8 people with the free license

The next higher option is where you rent out many vent servers and they have some requirement that your servers have a combined minimum of thousands of slots or something like that.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Fishing plugin has been updated to fix spawning mobs in the Frost Vale. It'll be a bit before it's live on the server, but I want to announce something that will be noticeable while fishing:

The major new change is how stuff you catch will appear into your inventory. The way items got into your inventory before was by automatically editing your inventory to just add whatever you caught, and one downside to this was if your inventory was full, the item was gone. Now, you will naturally pick them up like normal items and if your inventory is full, the extra stuff will be waiting on the ground to be picked up.

I added a couple new items to catch that people had ideas for as well, so check out the wiki for more info.

<3 wonderful. You're the best!

• Options
    End wrote: »

not really

The next higher option is where you rent out many vent servers and they have some requirement that your servers have a combined minimum of thousands of slots or something like that.
    When people do use vent, there's more than 8. Damn. I'll have to research.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    End wrote: »

not really

When people do use vent, there's more than 8. Damn. I'll have to research.

I haven't used team speak but its free server allows up to 32 people, it might be something to look into.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Fishing Prize #3 Found (that is prize number 3 not all three prizes)

I went to the coordinates given and found it was near WitherBleak. However by the time I got there it was night so I felt I should sleep before heading out. (since I was the only one on the server day would come quickly)
    Step1_zpsfe523c56.png

I headed inside and noticed signs all over the entrance. I then thought to myself, "No tis a silly place". So I went to find somewhere else to sleep.
    Step2_zps1261f53e.png

With some luck there was a house just outside the entrance to WitherBleak so I slept there.
    Step3_zpsaa0ec529.png

Let's be honest that house was probably a silly place too but not as obviously silly. Anyways once I woke up I headed to the coordinates and it brought me to a tree.
    Step4_zps54543506.png

So I started to dig and found a chest. With lots of goodies inside.
    Step5_zpsaba958a4.png
    Loot!
    Step6_zpsc1fdf761.png

That was fun, thank you for setting up this little event.

PvtCaboose on
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    If we're installing anything on lion, it's going to be Mumble. Free, open-source, high-performance, multi-platform, not written by narcoleptic lemurs... what's not to like? :D

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    @PvtCaboose What was the written book about?

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    I would watch that if it would load.

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Yet another video. For a little while I'll be able to push out a video every day, plus some additional ones from other projects.

http://youtu.be/AqXrXkYIeoM

• Options
    There's a possible bug in minecraft where you place the carpet and remove the block under it and you have a "flying carpet".
    I can't tell you how badly I wish this to be a feature.

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    There's a possible bug in minecraft where you place the carpet and remove the block under it and you have a "flying carpet".
    I can't tell you how badly I wish this to be a feature.

This would be amazing.

• Options
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    It's nearly May, which means absolutely nothing other than there's something we haven't done for a while.

No, I don't mean invasions (although those too). I mean something far more necessary for the mental health of the server population..

Discuss.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

this is the stupidest looking mod I have ever seen

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man we don't need a new map yet. It hasn't even been a year at this point. Hell, frostheim isn't even functional

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    There are other options than a new map.

• Options
    Although, when we do a new map, I ask that we use some of the new map making magic on it.

Having areas with unique dangerous mobs could be fun. Hell, we could change a biome to act as the nether

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    WuShock wrote: »
    It's nearly May, which means absolutely nothing other than there's something we haven't done for a while.

No, I don't mean invasions (although those too). I mean something far more necessary for the mental health of the server population..

Discuss.

Drunk Town? I need to coincide that night with actually being at someone's house so I have physical people to drink with. I kinda suck at the whole vent thing and am not awesome at spontaneous building of random genetalia/things. I love the idea of Drunk Town and all that it represents though.

toloveistorebel on
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    Let me say I do not want a new map anytime soon, but that idea having a biome that acts as the nether would be really, really cool.

• Options

Discuss.

Drunk Town? I need to coincide that night with actually being at someone's house so I have physical people to drink with. I kinda suck at the whole vent thing and am not awesome at spontaneous building of random genetalia/things. I love the idea of Drunk Town and all that it represents though.

Yes. Please. You did it without me last time. </3

• Options
    They would have to edit in netherrack and all the other nether features, but ghasts and pigmen would be allowed to spawn

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    ...would you be able to grow nether bees in such a biome? :-D

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    someone made a replica of a diamond sword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNZRmvELxXM

they did not however use real diamonds

Seriously on
  • Options
    ...would you be able to grow nether bees in such a biome? :-D
    vOv

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    JpsCrazy wrote: »

Discuss.

Drunk Town

Yes. Please.

• Options
    CaptGigglesworthCaptGigglesworth Registered User regular
    We definitely need another Drunktown!

• Options
    Can we do some stuff besides Drunktown?

Because for some of us participation wouldnt exactly be....legal

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    I won't tell anyone if you don't, bluedude

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    QvRMvRjux0p_2K6PRlN8LseMUPuVHw6belfRu5clQt0?size=1280x960

Turn on PVP and let @sopapaya and I have our final battle. Location: Wu's stadium. Weapons: Fists o Fury (and giant dino teeth).
    Attendance will cost $10 per person to the Get Sopa a DM kickstarter fund.

• Options

Think of something, find some interest in it, coordinate it, and do it!

It just so happens people are frequently interested in drinking. >.>

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    QvRMvRjux0p_2K6PRlN8LseMUPuVHw6belfRu5clQt0?size=1280x960

Turn on PVP and let @sopapaya and I have our final battle. Location: Wu's stadium. Weapons: Fists o Fury (and giant dino teeth).
    Attendance will cost $10 per person to the Get Sopa a DM kickstarter fund.

Excuse me. Sopa has a DM.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    edited April 2013

My only ideas involve altering areas of the maps and custom spawners. I dont have shit for ideas that I can pull off as a regular player

Edit: And I doubt the mods want give me access to any of my tools considering the horror stories I post in here

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

My only ideas involve altering areas of the maps and custom spawners. I dont have shit for ideas that I can pull off as a regular player

Edit: And I doubt the mods want give me access to any of my tools considering the horror stories I post in here

Hold a competition to see who can tunnel to bedrock from sealevel the fastest..by hunting down and luring creepers into the hole and detonating them at the right spot. 3 deaths is a disqualification, leather armor and wooden swords only.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    So the talk of server events and server health got me thinking about the Underdark again. Specifically, the fact that I loved there being no day/night cycle, it was just constant dark wilderness and danger, with a few safe havens that had been lit up and civilized.

Would it be possible, if I were running a server, to start with a normal world and then after, say...a week of normal play, shift it to permanent night?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
This discussion has been closed.