As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] MH4U is released!

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Two weeks, SO HYPE!!

Give or take a couple of days for delivery...

I upgraded to overnight in a vain attempt to try and get it on time.

I have higher hopes of the N3DS bundle getting here before the CE, which Amazon somehow doesn't even have a date for yet.

This is also a concern of mine as mine is in the Amazon limbo as well.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    So I started looking up the voices since character customization is THE hardest part of the game. :P

Apparently Goto Maki (Japanese singer) not only plays Monster Hunter but she's also I think the first female voice (though it doesn't really seem to stand out of me).

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Large beard is best beard.

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm tempted to just get the game off the E-shop on release day for my old 3DS XL. Does a system transfer let you select which games and saves you copy to a new system? I wouldn't mind having an extra 3DS with MH on it in case I find another hapless person to drag into the series.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Two weeks, SO HYPE!!

Give or take a couple of days for delivery...

I'm just buying a regular copy of it from whatever store has it on launch day myself.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm tempted to just get the game off the E-shop on release day for my old 3DS XL. Does a system transfer let you select which games and saves you copy to a new system? I wouldn't mind having an extra 3DS with MH on it in case I find another hapless person to drag into the series.

A system transfer merges the accounts. Here's my plan:

1) If Bundle gets here Monday: System transfer and start playing
    2) If Amazon CE gets here Friday and Bundle gets here Monday: Play physical copy from CE on Friday, system transfer on Monday merging the digital copy into my NNID, and use save transfer tool (can only move from physical to digital)
    3) Play other games intead.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It should be noted that the more I play the demo the more I love the IG.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I feel the same way about CB. Trying to get that sub 12 minute solo Gore Magala kill!

My studio's main site
  • Options
    I wish I could like the cb but for some reason it just doean't feel right.

I love it in concept and moveset but I just don't like using it. Not sure what that's about.

• Options
    For me, the CB's fluid combos and buffs are what I like. The ability to chain sword slashes, shield burst cancels and evades mean you can really move around with the weapon. I also like that it packs some serious stopping power in axe mode in addition to KO status. The weapon functions sort of like a more versatile SA and I love the SA.

My studio's main site
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    The Charge Blade started to flow way better for me once I realized two things:

1) The shield bash does quite a lot of damage relative to how fast it is, and it links to and from almost everything. It has a motion value of 22 over two hits, plus a free explosion if your shield is charged, which is worth something in the vicinity of another 10 (depending on the body part). By comparison, the roundhouse slash X finisher is 30 and the charged double-slash is a total of 50 (but it's slower and you'll have overheating problems if you overuse it).

2) It is almost never worth it to stick around in axe form for longer than it takes to do one vial attack. Do an RX > A and then R back out of there immediately.

My Gore Magala record so far is like 8:11.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    BurgerSomethingBurgerSomething Registered User regular
    Anyone need a demo code?
    A071XDRM01RHWR59

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Codes, not code.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Woo! Bagged me the Ivory Lagiacrus tonight. Got carted twice on the way, chugged a Max Potion only to kill the guy four seconds later.

Can't rest now. After all, idle hands are the Deviljho's playthings

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    Woo! Bagged me the Ivory Lagiacrus tonight. Got carted twice on the way, chugged a Max Potion only to kill the guy four seconds later.

Can't rest now. After all, idle hands are the Deviljho's playthings light snack

Corrected.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    So my Nexus 7 just said something akin to "Hey, you searched for MH4U. Lots of people who did loaded this page today:"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/71114233

Which is a huge data dump about a lot of things, including the kinda sorta roguelike mode and the new Super G rank / Extreme mode fights.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    TimFiji wrote: »
    Linked for people who missed it earlier or haven't checked OP.

A list of hunters for 4!

@DignifiedPauper @fRAWRst @IceBurner @Dracil @sevorak @Hopside I added you guys to my 3DS friend list for MH4. @Entaru you don't have a code but I'm reserving friend slot 100 for you when you get a code! I'll add more as we play and I weed out old friends.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      @TimFiji I updated it.

I am so looking forward to the 13th.

Seidkona on
    • Options
      PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
      http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Relic_Weapons

These are the skins for randomised weapons, I guess.

• Options
      fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
      woo, ill be adding you guys when im home tonight

I have no idea how you guys got to 100 friends. Im at like, 4....

J3qcnBP.png
    • Options
      and oh god, jawblade and dragonseal endgame weps

eternal annihilator and pink wyvern jaw returns!

J3qcnBP.png
    • Options
      Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
      Linked for people who missed it earlier or haven't checked OP.

A list of hunters for 4!

@DignifiedPauper @fRAWRst @IceBurner @Dracil @sevorak @Hopside I added you guys to my 3DS friend list for MH4. @Entaru you don't have a code but I'm reserving friend slot 100 for you when you get a code! I'll add more as we play and I weed out old friends.

Added back! I look forward to hunting big beasties.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
      3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
    • Options
      Page-Page- Registered User regular
      KiTA wrote: »
      So my Nexus 7 just said something akin to "Hey, you searched for MH4U. Lots of people who did loaded this page today:"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/71114233

Which is a huge data dump about a lot of things, including the kinda sorta roguelike mode and the new Super G rank / Extreme mode fights.

Questions regarding the quest layout, as I've only played FU.

Are the key quests clearly marked (are any of them marked?). In FU there is no indication of which quests are needed to unlock the next urgent, so without online guides there's a lot of extra grinding needed. Are there are ton of filler quests in 4U as well?

Is there still a separate quest line for solo (village) and offline/online play (guild)? In FU the solo stuff only goes up to high rank, and is mostly for unlocking things in the farm. Going into offline play meant a different quest giver and a different quest line, which meant more needless grinding (without a guide to indicate what unlocks the next urgent).

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
      Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
      stream
    • Options
      Anyone up for some SB49 counter-programming tonight? End zone prancing optional.

• Options
      IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
      Aaand that's one Jho in the pocket!

...He really doesn't give much in the way of materials, does he?

steam_sig.png
      Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
      Backlog Challenge List
    • Options
      Just bad rolls for you that time, I would guess.

• Options
      Ive noticed both versions of Jho always have low rewards, even when capping. Youre meant to kill and carve them

same with L. Narga and A. Lagi

J3qcnBP.png
    • Options
      Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
      At least Jho tails give two carves, although generally I find they turn out to just be literal 'tails', which are not all that useful, but hey, it's an extra carve.

• Options
      Ahaha, Fashion Hunter. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/71127065

And it seems french mogapedia is taking the lead on armour-pictures. http://fr.mogapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Catégorie:MH4U_-_Armures

• Options
      InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
      So far my fastest clear times in the mh4u demo are with the longsword, but I am afraid of using it in groups due to the large trip potential

• Options
      Yo, female Magala looks way more hype from other angles. http://fr.mogapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gore_Magala_Armor_(Blademaster)_(MH4)

• Options
      MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
      I am so hype for this game I am actually losing my mind

this isn't a New 3DS exclusive is it? I have a 3DS XL but I wasn't planning on buying the new model

please god no don't make me do it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
      MummBrah wrote: »

this isn't a New 3DS exclusive is it? I have a 3DS XL but I wasn't planning on buying the new model

Not exclusive, but there are conflicting reports that they upped the resolution and textures for the international release or some such -- if you have the n3DS.

• Options
      MummBrah wrote: »

Thankfully not exclusive

however early reports say load times, graphic quality, and extra stick are all pluses with the n3ds

J3qcnBP.png
    • Options
      jothkijothki Registered User regular
      Inquisitor wrote: »
      So far my fastest clear times in the mh4u demo are with the longsword, but I am afraid of using it in groups due to the large trip potential

The key to mastering the longsword appears to be to lose your respect for other humans. They're not real people, they're just an alternate form of cats or shakalakas, with the primary difference being that you can't manually change their equipment.

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      @TimFiji I updated it.

I am so looking forward to the 13th.

Added you @Entaru

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
        Demo codes, I gave away one of them already but I forgot which, first come first serve.

A071H9EW1HHQV81Q
        A070U3LP1S5K1S9N
        A070EQK31TLY71QY

• Options
        I just added everyone on the list.

• Options
        SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
        I just added everyone on the list.
        As did I!

I just want it to be the 13th right now. And for Gamestop to actually get my N3DS bundle to me on release day.

steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
      • Options
        jothki wrote: »
        Inquisitor wrote: »

The key to mastering the longsword appears to be to lose your respect for other humans. They're not real people, they're just an alternate form of cats or shakalakas, with the primary difference being that you can't manually change their equipment.

And you can't sheath before you draw blood.