Options

[Monster Hunter] MH4U is released!

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I can't take time off right now. I need all the banked time I have for upcoming life events. I work sat norning but i fully intend to play friday night and saturday afternoon.

Granted that is based on my CE making it in the mail on time.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    My plan now is to work the 13th if there is no midnight release of the n3DS, and take Mon/Tues off. Otherwise Friday / Monday with a midnight release.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
      fRAWRst wrote: »
      I have 13-14-15 off, but Sat is probably reserved for the gf

I lucked out, my girlfriend(...?) did a surprise Preorder of MH4U when I went to try and preorder the MH4U nXL. Turns out she mains Hammer and Greatsword. I think she might be a keeper.

• Options
      TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
      Pewny wrote: »
      So I got a few codes in my email today.

thanks, i used one

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
    • Options
      DashuiDashui Registered User regular
      edited January 2015
      Demo code!

Loading...?

Dashui on
      Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    • Options
      BenzeulBenzeul Registered User new member
      I am leaving in Eu. If someone has a code that he doesnt need he can send me plz....Big fun but unlucky to get a code....

• Options
      DracilDracil Registered User regular
      edited January 2015
      Do we have a general policy on people who sign up on PA forums just to try to grab codes?

Edit: Looks like there is indeed a rule.

Dracil on
      3DS: 2105-8644-6304
      Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
      MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    • Options
      VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Anyone planning on taking Friday the 13th off for hunting? I would like to reserve you for 24 hours of hunting haha
      Darkewolfe wrote: »
      I'm wondering if my Gamestop special order whatever they paid for one day shipping will arrive release day like they said or not.

This. I have two copies of the game arriving but no idea when they'll actually get to me. :\

• Options
      DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
      I'd be up for playing all night (so maybe 9pm est to whenever). It would probably be worthwhile for us to decide on some standard way to communicate before then. Might make setting up rooms easier. I guess an IRC room might work well?

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
    • Options
      I was thinking we could use the PA teamspeak server.

• Options
      Wait, the MH4U 3DSes will arrive on release day? That's great news, since that's friday and I currently have Thurs/Fridays off.

Any idea when they're going to charge us?

• Options
      ColumnColumn Registered User regular
      KiTA wrote: »
      Wait, the MH4U 3DSes will arrive on release day? That's great news, since that's friday and I currently have Thurs/Fridays off.

Any idea when they're going to charge us?
      Gamestop said when they ship if I remember right, so it should be like Amazon where you're charged the, usually, same day it's processed and out the door of the initial place.

• Options
      The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
      Loading...?

Demo codes, @ManetherenWolf was nice enough to send me one, so paying it forward.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    • Options
      The form on their computer claims you get it on the day of release, but the gamestop employee I talked to didn't think that would actually be the case.

• Options
      So someone just reminded me that the WiiU Pro Controller is a thing. Apparently it has a Nintendonium battery, too. So, hey, maybe it's time to give this MH3U online play thing another go...

• Options
      DashuiDashui Registered User regular
      edited January 2015
      KiTA wrote: »
      So someone just reminded me that the WiiU Pro Controller is a thing. Apparently it has a Nintendonium battery, too. So, hey, maybe it's time to give this MH3U online play thing another go...

I'm almost tempted to just pick up a copy of 3 Ultimate for the Wii U and save myself a lot of money on a N3DS and 4U. But that $100 trade-in deal is really nice, too. Hmmm.

Dashui on
      Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    • Options
      homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
      edited January 2015
      I took an NA demo code from the 3DS thread to give to my MH loving friend, but he decided he didn't need it and my other friend didn't want it, so I'm throwing it back up. Nintendo also ended up sending me an e-mail as well, so I'm also sharing the extra code that came with it.
      Loading...?

homogenized on
    • Options
      IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
      Finally get an Azure Rathalos on my Moga Forecast... he, an Arzuros and a Jaggi didn't cough up a single Rare Commodity. Where my 6* goods at?

steam_sig.png
      Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
      Backlog Challenge List
    • Options
      VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
      Ianator wrote: »
      Finally get an Azure Rathalos on my Moga Forecast... he, an Arzuros and a Jaggi didn't cough up a single Rare Commodity. Where my 6* goods at?

Arzuros and Jaggi will never cough up "rare" stuff. Best you get from them is two-star.

• Options
      CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
      http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Rare_Commodities_MH3U
      Looks like azure rath had a chance to drop one, and so do zinogre and nargacuga. Capture gives you a better chance at it.

• Options
      I've started the OP update. There's still a lot to do but it's time to move on from MH3U as the primary focus.

• Options
      IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
      Oh, I know the Jaggi and Arzuros drop small-time Commodities. Still helps in upkeeping my supply of Spears and Trackers for the fishing fleet. I just don't have time to do three freehunts in a row when I have no idea how many monsters will show up after the first two.

steam_sig.png
      Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
      Backlog Challenge List
    • Options
      ogretzogretz Registered User regular
      Dracil wrote: »
      The form on their computer claims you get it on the day of release, but the gamestop employee I talked to didn't think that would actually be the case.

This is what I was told as well. Employee said if you paid extra for 1 day shipping you would likely get it on Monday the 16th.

friend code: 2165-5516-7098
    • Options
      edited January 2015
      Linked for people who missed it earlier or haven't checked OP.

A list of hunters for 4!

TimFiji on
      • Options
        edited January 2015
        Decided to do another Freehunt. I was well rewarded.

Forecast said Peco + Barroth. After that was a Rathian and a Purple Ludroth. Then I got a Zinogre and capped off with a Lagiacrus.

Zinogre. Head. Hello, Whetstone Mask - that's one more item I'll have for freehunts later.

Ianator on
        steam_sig.png
        Backlog Challenge List
      • Options
        IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
        edited January 2015
        Just checked out Gaijinhunter's LS video and learned something cool: In 4U, landing another Roundslash with a red spirit aura halts the aura depletion for 10 seconds. While that's not long enough to keep it going forever, you can extend the default two minutes quite a bit by playing aggressively and using the new, faster Spirit combo chained from a Fade Slash . Works best on a big target or solo, though. Focus would also help.

IceBurner on
        3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
        PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
        Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
      • Options
        HopsideHopside Registered User regular
        Does anyone know if MH4U has the same charm table BS that MH3U had?

• Options
        PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
        No, it's set every session.

• Options
        jothkijothki Registered User regular
        I'm curious as to how much Gore Magala is a Rathalike. It has some moves that I've never seen from a Rathian, but then again, Rathian probably has some moves that I've never seen from a Rathian.

• Options
        IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
        Gore Magala has its own skeleton and isn't even considered a Flying Wyvern. Its official type is "???". It's at least as different as Khezu, Gigginox, Barioth, and Tigrex are from Rathalos/Rathian.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
        PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
        Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
      • Options
        Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
        Yah, I don't think it really shares any moves with the Rath's. I guess the leaping wind gust into a projectile is sorta like Rathalos? But it's not really a rathalike in any noticeable way.

• Options
        ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
        A lot of Gore Magala's ground attacks remind me of Kushala with its rushing strikes and projectiles. Once it goes into its true rage mode and the horns come out, it gets a lot of rushdown similar to Tigrex. Overall, it's a unique monster and I'd like to see more in the future that have considerably different attack patterns when they get mad.

My studio's main site
        PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
      • Options
        Bought a microsd card with adapter, copied all stuff over, and I'm now using that. One less step to get in the way between me and playing MH4U on the N3DS when I get it in ~3 weeks!

• Options
        DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
        Don't suppose anyone could think of a good (sub $100) headset that I could invest in for hunting? Probably would be looking for something that would work with a Macbook or Android phone (not sure what I'd be using). I've tried some googling and there is a ton of stuff and most people are talking about sound quality, I would think I should be more concerned about the quality of the mic.

It'd be nice if 4U had a more robust way to communicate. I'd even be fine with taping things in with the stylus.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
      • Options
        L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
        I've thought the GM was a bit like a Nargacuga with some Rathian mixed in.
        Like a Rathian, it has the fireballs and the short range AOE explosion attack. The GM also has an a bunch of flying rushes, except its aim is significantly better.
        I think it's like a Narga in that it attacks a lot with its front paws, and does some neat tail swipes. Though, I think the GM's tail swipes are completely unique. I've never seen a monster swipe like that.

But those are just some similarities it has with other monsters. I don't really think it's based on other monsters, really. It just borrows some moves. If anything, it's similar to how ole penis head from 3U is like a Barroth.

• Options
        Dracil wrote: »
        Bought a microsd card with adapter, copied all stuff over, and I'm now using that. One less step to get in the way between me and playing MH4U on the N3DS when I get it in ~3 weeks!

Which did you go with?

• Options
          I went with a Samsung Pro 64GB but an Evo is probably good enough since I think it can't take advantage of the 90MB/s.

• Options
          Dritz wrote: »
          Don't suppose anyone could think of a good (sub $100) headset that I could invest in for hunting? Probably would be looking for something that would work with a Macbook or Android phone (not sure what I'd be using). I've tried some googling and there is a ton of stuff and most people are talking about sound quality, I would think I should be more concerned about the quality of the mic.

It'd be nice if 4U had a more robust way to communicate. I'd even be fine with taping things in with the stylus.

At least for Android, I just use one of the LG HBS-730. The mic quality seems decent from what my GF says, and it's so nice to not have to deal with wires. I know it can pair with Macbooks for audio but never tried the mic with it there.

• Options
          ColumnColumn Registered User regular
          `
          Dritz wrote: »
          3U had great voice chat built into the game via the mic on the Wii U pad. Decent range too, just place the mic next to you, and relative background noise, was just like holding onto it. Bummer we're taking a step back in that department and was one of the reasons I really wanted 4U to be a Wii U and 3DS release like 3U was.

• Options
          ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
          God Guild Quest Brachydios keeps blowing me up

I suppose I could farm the village version and make some armor but I just want to get to the next rank damnit

fuck gendered marketing