As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Age Thread - Qunari with Fancy Hats

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I don't think there could be anything more frightening than a giant horned and hooded man who looks like a demon silently appearing from the shadows with a very very large set of daggers staring down at you.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Wait. Back the fucking bus up.

You aren't forced to be human?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Wait. Back the fucking bus up.

You aren't forced to be human?
    No, thank god. I hate playing as humans.

All the classics are back aswell as Qunari this time.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Holy.

Fucking.

Hell.

Everything that DA2 got wrong is gone. I am so happy. So very very very happy.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I don't think there could be anything more frightening than a giant horned and hooded man who looks like a demon silently appearing from the shadows with a very very large set of daggers staring down at you.
    The truly terrifying part of that scenario is figuring out how he got the damned hood on in the first place.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    eh, I'm gonna play as a human anyway because I'm lame.
    for my main/first playthrough at least

edit: also I'm gonna suffer from major altitis

Egos on
  • Options
    The truly terrifying part of that scenario is figuring out how he got the damned hood on in the first place.
    Nah, it's cool.

His mother knitted him a set with holes in it.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    So time has passed since the last thread, and I have an Xbox One now. While I still have my save data from Dragon Age 2 on my 360, I honestly do want to play using shinier graphics and my more powerful system. So how does this...er, program that Bioware made to handle pre-set imports work again?

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    So time has passed since the last thread, and I have an Xbox One now. While I still have my save data from Dragon Age 2 on my 360, I honestly do want to play using shinier graphics and my more powerful system. So how does this...er, program that Bioware made to handle pre-set imports work again?

Hopefully it's a bit more extensive than the ME quiz, but it seems like they are planning on including one.

I'm sure the new console releases play a part in it.

• Options
    Nah, it's cool.

Have you seen how big Kossith horns are? Only a dark and powerful magic could place such grandiose horns in a simple hood.

• Options
    Nah, it's cool.

Have you seen how big Kossith horns are? Only a dark and powerful magic could place such grandiose horns in a simple hood.
    So big you can get the backstab bonus just by ramming into somebody with them when coming out of stealth.

• Options
    That... that sounds really fucking awesome! Now I have to wonder how many cow jokes Varric will make at my character's expense.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I'm disturbed by the lack of Flemeth so far.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    very minor:

but I like what they did to nugs

Nug.png
    I find them a bit less creepy than DA:O's variation

nug.bmp

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Never fear, our favorite gmilf dragon/daemon thingy will make an appearance.

yossarian_lives on

• Options
    With Morrigan around, she can't be far behind.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »

Hopefully it's a bit more extensive than the ME quiz, but it seems like they are planning on including one.

I'm sure the new console releases play a part in it.

Yeah, I heard about the Keep but I completely forgot about it. I can't wait for the game though; when they say Q3 2014, I hope they mean *early* Q3.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, I absolutely cannot imagine actually playing as a follower of Qun. It's probably going to be a kossith. And if there's an ending I can burn the Qun and the Templars to the ground, I want in.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Sorce wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get any Kossith in the party, and if they'll be romanceable.

Uh, wondering for a friend that is. Yeah, a friend.

Totally not me.

According to concept art, a leaked survey, and the first trailer, there is a very shirtless Qunari who seems to be a party member. Tell your friend his name is The Iron Bull.
    Can't. Stop. Laughing. Need. Air.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    uVMb9zB.jpg

I have to, I'm sorry, I can't not.

Cassandra: "That is mahogany!"

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I love how the hooded lady in the upper right hand corner just has the quintessential "Goddammit not this shit again..." look.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Hopefully they add some blood magic quest options, especially ones that can be used on Templars.

Being able to manipulate somebody with their own blood is usually a pretty good way to end an argument.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    You know, the Inquisitor is one of those characters where player aggrandization makes sense to a certain degree

If they play him up as the head of an arm of a real Inquisition then he has something close to carte blanche when it comes to knocking people off

You either befriend him or he murders you

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    I love how the hooded lady in the upper right hand corner just has the quintessential "Goddammit not this shit again..." look.

I'm no Dragon Age expert, but that looks like someone from the first game...

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular

I'm no Dragon Age expert, but that looks like someone from the first game...

I'm getting a kind of Leilanna vibe from her imo....

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Wyborn wrote: »
    You know, the Inquisitor is one of those characters where player aggrandization makes sense to a certain degree

If they play him up as the head of an arm of a real Inquisition then he has something close to carte blanche when it comes to knocking people off

You either befriend him or he murders you
    Hopefully Cassandra will remember that.

I use blood magic like I'm going to win something if I keep at it so I suspect she'll be the first person to try and turn on me.

I'm looking forward to it, actually. Perfect time to assert myself as the head of the pack to the other wolves.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Cassandra is super cool and I look forward to running around with her

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I'm sure she is, I'm just worried she won't be that big on the whole destroy the templars, abolish the Chantry and free the mages motto I usually take on a first run through.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    uVMb9zB.jpg

I have to, I'm sorry, I can't not.

Cassandra: "That is mahogany!"

I love how the second guy from the left is all "That river bank took me hours to get right!"

5gsowHm.png
  • Options

Willing to bet she's doa-er, romanceable.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options

I'd be surprised if she isn't. I really hope they don't go the traditional "you've broken through my hardened exterior, PC" or some armchair psychiatrist route.

That said I'm sure Varric will be as well considering the demand for it last game.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    If ME2 is any indicator. No doubt.

• Options
    Cassandra doesn't really seem "hardened exterior" as such things go, though

Like, that's just her, top to bottom

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I would like a Cassandra romance to go along the lines of something like this

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    For me it's probably going to go a lot more like this:

• Options
    Egos wrote: »

I'd be surprised if she isn't. I really hope they don't go the traditional "you've broken through my hardened exterior, PC" or some armchair psychiatrist route.

That said I'm sure Varric will be as well considering the demand for it last game.

Well in "Dawn of the Seeker" Cassandra was that dutiful knight-type but had her girlish side to her as well; she even had a love interest in that movie, iirc. There's also more of her feminine side shown in DA2, in fact, when, if Hawke beat the Arishok in a duel, Cassandra marked that it "just seems so...romantic", and Varric jokes that it sounded like Cassandra was falling for Hawke.

So I kinda doubt she's that "break my hardened exterior to show my vulnerable side" type of gals, more like that "I'm a nice lady until you do something I don't like than I get mean." types

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I'm planning on being a by the book inquisitor.

By a very weird book.

Figure with an organization as big as the chantry, there's some acceptable-ish splinter factions in the boonies that remember WAY too much in the way of apocrypha that everyone else had forgotten.

My Inquisitor will still take those regulations seriously.

I'm thinking Warhammer big I meets the town council from Hot Fuzz meets the survivors from Remain Indoors.

"Blessed be the regulations."

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Can I play a Kossith Blood Mage?

I want to be the most demonic-looking motherfucker possible.

Also, isn't Cassandra that gal from the fuckawful animated film? She was terrible in that! Pretty much every time she met a new person, the first thing she did was threaten to kill them.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'll just romance whoever the Rogue in the party is, because that's what I've done in the past, and it's always worked out. It's also always been the path to an orgy, but we'll just call that a bonus.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I'll be my standard Jack Bauer type character.

Nothing I won't do to stop the demonic invasion/darkspawn/whatever, even if it means putting a knife in Varric's throat.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
This discussion has been closed.