As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FIGHTING GAMES CLUB CARIBE PR LETSGO

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    How drunk is Ono 24/7?

hee hee you should tune in soon, I will have announce, alcohol hee hee...

...hee hee hee...

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Alright, now that we're done...I was watching Marvel grand finals at work earlier, working at my computer. My boss was having trouble with something at his computer. Looked over at me and asked for help. All I could manage to say:

"I can't. I'm too hype."

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    real talk i don't think luffy deserved that and wish bonchan had taken it

Bonchan looks so sad.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    USF4 2015 Rose meter nerfs incoming.

Dash speed and distance too?

Yeah now that you mention it, she would fadc back out of blocked spirals then dash forward and it was as if there was no block and it's back to neutral.

I mean let her keep the godlike bd, but her offense could use a slight tonedown with that forward dash.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I will be moving back to LA in two weeks-ish. Going to try to push really hard for my fighting games friends to start going to WNF. Worst comes to worst I guess I could start going solo, but, more fun with friends!

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Who is more drunk

Dave Lang or Ono?

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    It's 2:30 in the afternoon here in Japan.

I am all pumped up and don't know what to do.

No arcade sticks out for the PS4 yet....

Do I...

Do I get BBCP on my vita?

P sure that PS3 compat sticks work on PS4

I'm almost certain that's not true. Same with DS3s not working on PS4.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I missed Justin beating F.Champ because I was busy winning the D&D Hearthstone tournament :(

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    i wanna play fighting games again now but I don't own a PS3 anymore :( and nobody here likes mortal kombat or injustice anyways

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    I missed Justin beating F.Champ because I was busy winning the D&D Hearthstone tournament :(

Oh hey congrats on that!

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Who is more drunk

Dave Lang or Ono?

gootecks

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »

you're my best friend

honestly, this is coming from a devout rose main

luffy did not at all outplay bonchan and i was not excited to see him take the win

it was different in ae/ae2012 when she was an underdog and he had to play that way to make her work against the better characters with their fancy setups and vortexes

but now she's just good and he can just play like that and have all the meter and all this damage and safety and control of the neutral and fireball game and it's like fuck

she's not OP it's just really disheartening to see bonchan play his heart out and play really intelligently and just get beat out by luffy doing the same thing he's always done, just buffed

guess i gotta just show everyone how to play next year...................

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I will be moving back to LA in two weeks-ish. Going to try to push really hard for my fighting games friends to start going to WNF. Worst comes to worst I guess I could start going solo, but, more fun with friends!

we can be friends

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    YOU ARE ALL FREE NOW!

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I feel pretty ok about picking adon over rose now

I don't want to play no bandwagon champ over here.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hahaha that ending clip

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    yeah i mean worst comes to worst and we're saturated by rose

my yang is way more developed and niche and does great against rose

i'm covered

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular

you're my best friend

luffy did not at all outplay bonchan and i was not excited to see him take the win

it was different in ae/ae2012 when she was an underdog and he had to play that way to make her work against the better characters with their fancy setups and vortexes

but now she's just good and he can just play like that and have all the meter and all this damage and safety and control of the neutral and fireball game and it's like fuck

she's not OP it's just really disheartening to see bonchan play his heart out and play really intelligently and just get beat out by luffy doing the same thing he's always done, just buffed

yeah this is exactly how I feel and that's why you're my best friend because I hate feeling like this I feel like a salty baby so it's nice to know that I am not the only one who got this impression from the match :)

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    and a special thanks to justin wong, for saving marvel from the forces of evil.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Yeah, Bonchan totally outplayed Luffy 2 games to 6.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options

you're my best friend

Hahaha.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

we can be friends

You seem like good people. Try to hold me to this yeah? I am kind of bummed that I didn't get into fighting games in my two years living in Japan. I know, immediate reaction is probably like "what?!" But I live in rural, rice farming Japan. And any time I went to an arcade I would either beat the person playing and they would straight leave the arcade, or they would dominate me and I would learn very little, and at 100 yen ($1) a match those are expensive lessons.

Going to try to ride this EVO wave and get out to WNF and get into the community and have fun with it. What games do you play? Guessing Marvel from the av/sig.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

we can be friends

can't believe i've never gotten this offer before

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I think it's kind of silly to say Luffy didn't "deserve" that win when he came through losers bracket against characters that are significantly better than Sagat (including dismantling Fei Long twice). It's not Luffy's fault Bonchan plays a shit tier character.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    I do not feel free

bring me the salty suite

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Man, I love Evo,

364 days to go.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i have literally zero sympathy for sagat players who want to tell me how low tier their character is

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Luffy only won some of those Top 8 sets 3-1 instead of 3-0

Can you really say he deserved it after a performance like that?

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I think it's kind of silly to say Luffy didn't "deserve" that win when he came through losers bracket against characters that are significantly better than Sagat (including dismantling Fei Long twice). It's not Luffy's fault Bonchan plays a shit tier character.

Deserve might not be the best word choice, but, it is always a little rough to see the person who played better end up losing. But, yeah, deserve maybe not the perfect word choice.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular

No one said he didn't deserve the win. Just that they didn't feel like Luffy played better Street Fighter. I agree, like I said, if you play a bad character (or even a good character with a bad matchup), that's just what you get. But it sucks to see them lose almost helplessly.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    didn't deserve it in that bonchan wholly outplayed him

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »

No one said he didn't deserve the win. Just that they didn't feel like Luffy played better Street Fighter. I agree, like I said, if you play a bad character (or even a good character with a bad matchup), that's just what you get. But it sucks to see them lose almost helplessly.

Yes, someone did say that. I didn't just pull it out of my ass. Look back in the thread, at least two people have suggested it.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    it's gonna be funny watching rose shoot up the eventhubs tier list tomorrow

• Options
    Euphemon wrote: »

This is a post that was made and that 3 people agreed with.

It literally says people think Luffy didn't deserve to win.

• Options
    <3 wrote: »

So he's not Asian, not French, and he didn't really play Rose the right way because they buffed her so it doesn't count. So Evo was won by an empty chair with a PS1 controller sitting in it, apparently.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    T4CT wrote: »

we can be friends

can't believe i've never gotten this offer before

we've always been friends, mike <3

we can be friends

You seem like good people. Try to hold me to this yeah? I am kind of bummed that I didn't get into fighting games in my two years living in Japan. I know, immediate reaction is probably like "what?!" But I live in rural, rice farming Japan. And any time I went to an arcade I would either beat the person playing and they would straight leave the arcade, or they would dominate me and I would learn very little, and at 100 yen ($1) a match those are expensive lessons.

Going to try to ride this EVO wave and get out to WNF and get into the community and have fun with it. What games do you play? Guessing Marvel from the av/sig.

i would love to try and regularly go and i do think having a buddy would help

i dabble in marvel but i'm definitely a street fighter player. i play yang and rose.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well downloading BBCP on my Vita.

Might as well make the most of my current gaming situation. Also might as well grind out combos on my 12 hour flight home.

Edit: Swordfights, well hopefully I can end up being your WNF buddy! Going to be a bit of a mad house getting my life restarted in the states so not sure when I will be able to start going. After playing it in the arcade some here I am pretty sure that GG Xrd is going to end up my game of choice. I like Street Fighter, never made myself sit down and learn links though. Which I really should do.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.