Options

[League of Legends] So much fun you could burst a blood vessel

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Whoa, wish I had a better jungle sense so I could counterjungle with the new champ. I guess everyone's jungle sense is a bit off with the new jungle, though, so I'm not starting from as far behind as I could be.
    Obviously props to Riot on making a female champ from the void.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Hum if she can "see" stealth champs with that it would be awesome.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Look, I'm going to be in the jungle, then i'm going to burrow and target some enemy pings and then charge in their lane like a starcraft lurker. That's all I need to know. I don't care about the other stuff.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    She is just doing underground what Lee Sin should have always had.

Yeah, the moment I saw that, I wondered why they didn't give Lee the unique soundwave thing all the time, and the closer he is the clearer they become on screen. I know, too much work.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So chat is broken on EUW at the moment, can't communicate in champ select.... I currently see this as a feature...

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    She is just doing underground what Lee Sin should have always had.

Yeah, the moment I saw that, I wondered why they didn't give Lee the unique soundwave thing all the time, and the closer he is the clearer they become on screen. I know, too much work.

My guess would be that gimmicky vision modes become frustrating and hard to balance when they're constantly on.

A good example of this is how the blind effect in Awesomenauts basically goes from magical long duration stun in the lower divisions to basically having zero effect at higher levels of play.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    so someone leaked rek'sai's basic concept (female, void jungler, tunnels) 15 days in advance

he also said the champ coming up after rek is a piltover ap thief (C???) @‌TalithPA

and then he agreed with WhyRenektonWhy (the guy who leaked Kalista) that the Ultimate will be DJ Sona

~*take with as much salt as you want*~

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    so someone leaked rek'sai's basic concept (female, void jungler, tunnels) 15 days in advance

he also said the champ coming up after rek is a piltover ap thief (C???) @TalithPA

and then he agreed with WhyRenektonWhy (the guy who leaked Kalista) that the Ultimate will be DJ Sona

That sounds amazing!

I want more Piltover.

And then more Piltover on top of that Piltover

With some Piltover on the side.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    more yooordles

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    2014 champions by region: The Void, Freljord, No region (yordle but not from Bandle City), Shurima, Shadow Isles, Shurima

give me piltover and noxus

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

he also said the champ coming up after rek is a piltover ap thief (C???) @TalithPA

That sounds amazing!

I want more Piltover.

And then more Piltover on top of that Piltover

With some Piltover on the side.

Piltoverload?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    late to the party but damn, dat ult.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    evilthecat wrote: »

I feel like there's gotta be some wacky interactions it enables somehow

• Options
    evilthecat wrote: »

I feel like there's gotta be some wacky interactions it enables somehow

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    double posting for one interaction

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    A Piltovian theif you say? Sounds like the mysterious 'C' that Caitlyn couldn't catch.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    double posting for one interaction

the posts are a tunnel for rek'sai to ult to

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    while the tunnel mechanics are cool, the rest of her kit is very underwhelming. aoe attack, single target bite, skill shot. Whatever...

Disappointed to be honest, but gotta see how she plays I guess.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    while the tunnel mechanics are cool, the rest of her kit is very underwhelming. aoe attack, single target bite, skill shot. Whatever...

"aside from this really fucking cool mechanic her mechanics are boring".

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Why does nunu have a 1.0 AP ratio on his E.

That makes no god damn sense.

Also, early game nunu has complete dominance of map vision because you can drive by devour the crabs for free wards.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

I didn't say that of course, but sure I'll hit "agree" too!

Also, early game nunu has complete dominance of map vision because you can drive by devour the crabs for free wards.

When I started playing again I was amazed to see Nunu's E was still 1.0 ratio. Seems like something Riot would of taken care of a long time ago. It is hilarious bullying most tops out of lane with it though with his infinite sustain from his Q. Top Nunu da best.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Burrowed - Tunnel
    Rek’Sai digs toward a target location, creating a pair of long-lasting tunnels at the two ends of her path.

it'll be interesting to see how long "long-lasting" is

like if you can drop a tunnel on the top side and another tunnel on the bottom side of mid, go back to jungling, and exert pressure just from the possibility of a gank from outside ward range

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Burrowed - Tunnel
    Rek’Sai digs toward a target location, creating a pair of long-lasting tunnels at the two ends of her path.

like if you can drop a tunnel on the top side and another tunnel on the bottom side of mid, go back to jungling, and exert pressure just from the possibility of a gank from outside ward range
    Atm they last 10 minutes but if an enemy steps on them they are destroyed.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Burrowed - Tunnel

According to red posts, they last about 10 minutes. But, someone can walk over The tunnel to kill it off, and posibly gain gold from it. So if you spot a tunnel, you can destroy it.

Leave a tunnel around, and well....

Have fun!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    place teemo mushroom on each tunnel exit :0

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Correct, it is perfectly safe to assume that anyone listed as Unranked has a MMR that fits the game, they just don't bother grinding through ranked games.

But Vic, what you aren't noticing is that he is level 23 with only 78 games played. Most likely he has queued with someone else, and probably also is or has been flagged as a smurf.
    I think what happened was that one of the Diamond guys on the other team queued with his friend, who although Gold II, also has almost no games played.

So we got a Vel'koz who, er, really shouldn't have been in that match to put it bluntly.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Blue side hits level 2 before purple side is even halfway through level 1 (so glad someone brought that cheese back) and Pantheon solos dragon immediately at level 3.

Think I'm done tolerating SR preseason bullshit for now.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Wow. Umm.

All I'm going to say is that back when I played Dawn of War 2 a lot, I mained Ravener Alpha.

Tunnels? I FUCKING LOVE TUNNELS.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Burrowed - Tunnel

According to red posts, they last about 10 minutes. But, someone can walk over The tunnel to kill it off, and posibly gain gold from it. So if you spot a tunnel, you can destroy it.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's a shame that the tunnels show obvious directionality, since that will make it very easy to find the other half of the pair once you find one. I'd love to just stash one deep in the enemy jungle somewhere but there are fairly limited places you can actually do that and have it not get found.

On Purple side, probably try for the bush near the backside of 2nd Mid Tower, maybe the one on the open facing of the Red buff. Then the same bushes on the mirror side. Finding a place to stash one on the blue buff side of the jungle is trickier given how it's a bit more constrained and obvious over there. Maybe the tri bush near the towers, see if you can get range to there from the river bush.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Rek'Sai, aka Ravener Alpha.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    If the new gal has no limit on tunnel distance, send her top. Free tp back to lane, no resources, some sort of aoe and sustain

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    a 180 cd in place of a damaging ult isn't free

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/11/1125-pbe-update.html

Some interesting news. A much needed nerf to ranger's smite CD. Changes to Jax, Sejuani, Shen, Shyv, Yasuo..

Baron gets a santa hat.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    The greatest tragedy is I have no Spore Mines to sneak out of a tunnel onto someone.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    The greatest tragedy is I have no Spore Mines to sneak out of a tunnel onto someone.

I'm more the suicide bomber teleporting orc, sadly you can no longer do this with kassadin.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Oh my god the poro wards. Adorable. I have never been tempted to spend real money on ward skins, but now I am seriously tempted.

Maybe if I get my husband to give one to me as a hanukah present...that way I also would not have to face the agony of choosing which one is the cutest....

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

I didn't say that of course, but sure I'll hit "agree" too!

When I started playing again I was amazed to see Nunu's E was still 1.0 ratio. Seems like something Riot would of taken care of a long time ago. It is hilarious bullying most tops out of lane with it though with his infinite sustain from his Q. Top Nunu da best.

Its his only reliable means of damage. I mean his ult still has a 2.5 ratio. If you can bush ult when playing AP Nunu you are a god. My best was an insta quadra.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Hmm... yes, so we're all in agreement then. Nunu is a shit champion that should be disabled until reworked.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Hmm... yes, so we're all in agreement then. Nunu is a shit champion that should be disabled until reworked.

He's unbelievably brutal in this jungle because you can drive by wreck champ packs with little to no recourse.

Not to mention that you basically get permanent river vision because you literally just walk by consume + snow ball and the crab is dead.

Then once you get 40% CDR you perma slow people with a no skillshot, decent ranged projectile that has a 1.0 AP ratio (WHY?!?!)

Like, i'm not proud of my match history right now, but damn if he isn't effective as hell. I can challenge opposing junglers with impunity because most of them can barely do a first clear and I spend 90% of my first clear at 100% hp.

I still haven't figured out a build I like, but it generally seems to be add stats, don't give any fucks.

This discussion has been closed.