Options

NHL Playoffs - good matchups this year.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    For some reason I thought game 2 of the Wild and the Ducks was tonight instead of last night. Stupid not thinking about it.

And the Wild lost. Damn.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Al SimmonsAl Simmons Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I watched it, and if you are a Wild fan you didn't miss much. Hopefully they do better next game.

Al Simmons on
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Jean wrote: »
    Wow.. Pittsburgh @ Ottawa was such an nice game

games like that are why I love hockey.

I only caught the 3rd period but boy was it worth it. I was yelling for both teams to score :P

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Im rooting for the Sabres.

In other news, fuck Ottawa.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Al Simmons wrote: »
    I watched it, and if you are a Wild fan you didn't miss much. Hopefully they do better next game.

Hopefully. They haven't exactly been covering themselves with glory so far :(

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If the sabres are going to go deep, we really need to get this PP clicking. yesterday was just one of those games where bounces don't go your way, but with so many chances, the Sabres need to capitalize.

etoychest on
  • Options
    chronoboundgearchronoboundgear Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm hoping NJ or a Canadian team wins it all. I don't see myself watching very much of it though. As amazing as some of the games get, I don't care to watch OLN except for the Tour de France which is too sexy for this channel.

chronoboundgear on
    Xbox 360 Tag: Earthbound King

Every fights a food fight when you're a cannibal.
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Mom2Kat wrote: »
    This is a great tiem of year. I live ina huge Canuck town with one friend who is a die Hard Flamer. I will have to laugh at him if Calgary goes out in the first round, especially to Detriot.

Yes Luongo is great and he held up well in the game that would not end last night but we have some other great guys. I mean Swedish twins FTW! (That is my favorite comercial) Pretty much our first 3 lins are all equal and they have done excepotional this year especially coming back fromt eh last few years. I hold no real hopes of a Vancouver Stanley cup win, but we will make it to at elast second round.
    <3 Trev and the Sedins. Naslund seems to have mostly gotten over being a goddamn pussy, too. That's always good.

Naslund seems to have started taking angry pills since the regular season started. I mean, Naslund throwing body checks? Where the hell did that come from?

Oh, and Calgary is looking like a canditate for a sweep. Which probably means Playfair loses his job.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hm. For some reason I can't find the current game on any channel.

Boo.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dumont and Radulov are tied in the top of the post season scoring table.

We should roll this ;)

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I don't suppose you can get the CBC in the States or wherever you are can you?

Hmm. CBC has streaming on their website, but it says it wont work if you're out of Canada. Heres the link. Maybe you can fool it somehow, I dunno.

I also came across some streaming thing for Comcast, but it doesn't have the live game right now, and you need to be a comcast subscriber. Click

Corvus on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    I don't suppose you can get the CBC in the States or wherever you are can you?

Hmm. CBC has streaming on their website, but it says it wont work if you're out of Canada. Heres the link. Maybe you can fool it somehow, I dunno.

I also came across some streaming thing for Comcast, but it doesn't have the live game right now, and you need to be a comcast subscriber. Click

I do have comcast, but as mentioned, it doesn't have the game I'm interested in.

Stream works through a Canadian proxy, though. Thanks :)

And just in time to watch things go down the tubes. Whoo.

Whelp, Pittsburgh had a little sort-of rally there at the end, but Ottawa was definitely in control of that game.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Annnnnd...the Vancouver/Dallas game is headed for overtime again! I'm liking this great defensive matchup between these teams, and the goalies are quite outstanding so far.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Taylor Pyatt for the fuckin' WIN!

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Woot. That was a great game, very entertaining.

Azio on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ugh. The Wild are going to be going home fairly soon I think. Although if they start playing decent for more than one period a game I guess they might still have a chance.

Probably not though :(

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    This Danish kid the Canucks have called up has nice wheels. If he develops half decent hands, we've got a pretty good player there.

Corvus on
  • Options
    Simjanes2kSimjanes2k Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Detroit seems to be making up for a few lackluster first rounds in the last decade. They really dominated at home in the first two. I'm rooting for the sweep, hardcore.

Simjanes2k on
  • Options
    Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Detroit up 2-0 in their series.

Yes'sir'eeeeeeeee bob!

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Al SimmonsAl Simmons Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dallas came out in the third period and had obviously decided to sit on a one goal lead. I pretty much knew they were gonna lose at that point lol.

Al Simmons on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Big game tonight on the island. Sabres need to show up.

etoychest on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    etoychest wrote: »

No doubt.

I dunno how it looked on TV, but from where I was sitting on Saturday, the one thing that really stood out was how the Isles would skate to a loose puck and the Sabres would coast.

Definately not their best effort by a longshot.

I hope Lindy lit a fire under their asses for tonight!

Yall on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I am so pissed at the Wild, I could eat their faces.

Red Wings airplane needs to crash in mid flight.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

Be careful what you wish for. The last time a Detroit team had an upset in the first round the other teams player crashed into the side of a building.

that was a terrible joke.

I'm a horrible human being.

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yall wrote: »
    etoychest wrote: »

No doubt.

I dunno how it looked on TV, but from where I was sitting on Saturday, the one thing that really stood out was how the Isles would skate to a loose puck and the Sabres would coast.

Definately not their best effort by a longshot.

I hope Lindy lit a fire under their asses for tonight!

I would hope he did that between the 1st and 2nd last game, but it didn't seem to leave much of an impression.

etoychest on
  • Options
    BlackDog85BlackDog85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Coach Lou better stop playing the third line for 25 minutes a game; the Lightening first line is out there for so many minutes, it's just not worth it to CONSTANTLY be on defense for over a period's worth of time. I still feel good about the Devils, though.

And agreed on the Islanders: they looked like they were on a mission from God in Game Two, and DiPietro was on fire. And given that they're bringing the series to Long Island, that really plays into their hands.

Damn, this is one of the better all-around playoff brackets we've seen in awhile, huh?

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
    Wii Code: 5700 4466 3616 6981 (PM if y'all add me)
  • Options
    CrunCrun Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If Detroit keeps playing like they have been, they'll be dumped in the second round. Calgary is playing like ass, and the Wings are playing down to their level.

Crun on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have no idea what the hell the Flames are doing, but they'd better stop. :P

Detroit's not going all the way, even if they sweep the Flames. But this season's home record for the Flames is unreal, so we'll see what games 3 and 4 bring. I see Detroit taking the series, though. Calgary can't do anything on the road and the seventh game is in Detroit.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Be careful what you wish for. The last time a Detroit team had an upset in the first round the other teams player crashed into the side of a building.

Yeah, but I laughed, so save me a seat in the handbasket, would you?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KolchakKolchak Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Have the Wild even had a lead in the series against Anaheim? I thought they would do a lot better than they have. Not that I'm sad to see them lose.

Kolchak on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

Sutter really ought to pull a Lamirollo and can Playfair and go behind the bench. Even Bob Mackenzie agrees with me!

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

Detroit's not going all the way, even if they sweep the Flames. But this season's home record for the Flames is unreal, so we'll see what games 3 and 4 bring. I see Detroit taking the series, though. Calgary can't do anything on the road and the seventh game is in Detroit.

The Wings have been known to win championships even during seasons where they did not play as well as they could. They have more than enough talent to win at 90% this year. If Buffalo finds their rhythm before the finals, I'm worried. Other than that, I see no reason why they cannot clean it all up.

Datsyuk is breaking out this post-season. My confidence cannot waver!

Simjanes2k on
  • Options
    KolchakKolchak Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Congratulations on the dead weight of Todd Bertuzzi, by the way.

Kolchak on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Kolchak wrote: »

Now now, he does do some pretty loops instead of backchecking. ;-)

Corvus on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

I can't believe that Detroit actually acquired him. I'm waiting for the on-ice fight between the Tuzzi and Chelios - they fucking hated each other during the Canucks/Wings series a few years back.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    deowolf wrote: »

Yeah, but I laughed, so save me a seat in the handbasket, would you?

Haha, I suppose I've got a first class ticket in hand for you.

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Go SABRES!

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, fill me in on the crash joke. All I can think of is Konstantinov but that was a car crash.

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Sabres back on top. I thought Miller was gonna be shellshocked after taking a pair off the mask, but he was sharp. Mair scoring was a trip too. There were flashes when Bufflo was a punishing force in that game, though it was overall a pretty tight contest. I have to agree with the isles fans though, that penalty was pretty lame, but New York got pretty undisciplined near the end. We'll see how they respond Wednesday.

etoychest on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Don't remind me. The press would never say it, but 90% of Detroit (and fans outside the city) hate that guys fucking guts like he were Osama himself. I personally would pay more for tickets of his execution than another Wings playoff game.

Makes me sick that he wears our jersey.

Simjanes2k on