Options

[Star Wars Rebels] Season 4: May the Fourth Be With Uth

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    God.

If Kyle got a cameo as a stormtrooper, that'd be hilarious. Also, I wonder if Han being an Imperial Pilot is still canon or not.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    They're not going to end their family friendly cartoon show with everyone dying. This isn't the 90s.

I don't know.

This is the show with people being spaced by a droid.

Hell they did that in Clone Wars.

Also I feel since this is a "teen" show and they will probably have it move up one season per year or so I can see them ending it with their audience being mid-teens with that dark but hopeful ending.

Especially if Disney times it with a blu-ray or a special re-release of the OT.

By the end of the Clone Wars, they'd killed almost the entirety of the cast that weren't already killed in the prequel movies. This is a creative team that has no problem going dark.

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    this show should be about bothan spies dying

also jizz

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    this show should be about bothan spies dying

also jizz

I'm pretty sure they're getting to it. Hope the bothan's look better than the wookiees did though.
    Those almost put me off the show.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    They're not going to end their family friendly cartoon show with everyone dying. This isn't the 90s.

I don't know.

Also I feel since this is a "teen" show and they will probably have it move up one season per year or so I can see them ending it with their audience being mid-teens with that dark but hopeful ending.

By the end of the Clone Wars, they'd killed almost the entirety of the cast that weren't already killed in the prequel movies. This is a creative team that has no problem going dark.

That was on CN and owned by Lucas Arts, would Disney allow that?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

I don't know.

Disney sensibilities? Hera, the mother figure of the crew, better watch out.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I don't know.

Yes they would.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    This is a show where
    Those Two Guys got straight-up executed in Tarkin's debut episode.
    (or as close as they could get to actually showing it.)

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Clone Wars had so many quick cut away off screen deaths and clone trooper/mandalorian helmet decapitations. Like one time Ashoka just straight up decaps 3-4 mandalorian dudes - heads visibly rolling, cauterized bodies slumping.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'm only on S2 of Clone Wars, but I was really shocked that they had no problem showing the Geonosians getting killed in the battle scenes. Largely up to this point it's mostly been "trooper gets shot and falls over" or "blow up all the robots"; I think this is the first the show really shows organic lifeforms getting shot and sliced.

Guess bugs aren't real people.

(Fuck the mind worms episode. *shudder*)

• Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    Yea, the flamethrowers used on Geonosians really shocked me.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    EvilOtaku wrote: »

nAvatar_61614.png

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

nAvatar_61614.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-COpf6Ck-M

• Options

nAvatar_61614.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-COpf6Ck-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzP9KUBP4uA

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

I LOVE that episode.
    The best part is that they find that the condition is totally curable, and Ahsoka fatally lightsaber'd Trap and probably some of her other clone buddies.

But, you know, she saved the Jedi padawan, so everything's good!
    It works better if you assume that Ahsoka and Barriss have been dating since "Weapon Factory"

• Options

I LOVE that episode.
    The best part is that they find that the condition is totally curable, and Ahsoka fatally lightsaber'd Trap and probably some of her other clone buddies.

It works better if you assume that Ahsoka and Barriss have been dating since "Weapon Factory"

I... no, I don't think I'm going to assume that?

• Options

I LOVE that episode.

I... no, I don't think I'm going to assume that?
    I will do it for you!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    "Shipping" is a path to the Dark Side.

Shipping leads to Tumblr, Tumblr leads to fanfiction, fanfiction leads to...
    :winky:
    D:

Houn on
  • Options
    "Shipping" is a path to the Dark Side.

Shipping leads to Tumblr, Tumblr leads to fanfiction, fanfiction leads to...
    :winky:
    D:

Everybody wins!

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Sabine + Leia!

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is a show where
    Those Two Guys got straight-up executed in Tarkin's debut episode.
    (or as close as they could get to actually showing it.)

I loved that scene.
    The empire does not tolerate comic relief thugs. No Team Rockets on Team Empire!

Phillishere on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Sabine + Leia!

Would that be Sabia or Leibine?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    Sabine + Leia!

Labia

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    Sabine + Leia!

Labia

That was stretching it, but I like your enthusiasm.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    Kneel wrote: »
    Sabine + Leia!

Labia

That was stretching it, but I like your enthusiasm.

Ha ha!

Entendre!

• Options
    Just finished Kanan #1. It makes me wonder if they're actually going to link Luke and Kanan.
    Kanan's master is a sort of eccentric Jedi like Qui-Gon, who believes that love and attachment are positive, but that the emotions still need to be controlled so that they don't control you.

She also gives him a holocron about the "place of questions and peaceful dissent in the Jedi Order" which definitely seems like it could be a basis for Luke's teachings.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So, just completly rando thought(Rebels end of season spoilers)
    In what world does Ashoka not destroy Vader, or, at the very least, they kill each other?

HMMM maybe this shows why Vader started to incorperate no-look force throws into his arsenal?

Also this problem is why I was hoping Ashoka never ever fought Vader.....even though my original Force Unleashed 2 idea was for Ashoka and Starkiller to be playable characters and for Anakin to develop a dangerous and fragile(And temporary), yet lighter and more mobile set of Armor/robes to match Ashoka.

• Options
    Any news on when this show comes back?

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Season 2 premiers at Celebration on the 18th. Should be streamable soon after that I would assume.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    In what world does Ashoka not destroy Vader, or, at the very least, they kill each other?

HMMM maybe this shows why Vader started to incorperate no-look force throws into his arsenal?

Also this problem is why I was hoping Ashoka never ever fought Vader.....even though my original Force Unleashed 2 idea was for Ashoka and Starkiller to be playable characters and for Anakin to develop a dangerous and fragile(And temporary), yet lighter and more mobile set of Armor/robes to match Ashoka.
    Every world.
    Vader beats Obi-wan, Obi-wan could beat Ashoka, Vader beats Ashoka every time.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

Every world.
    I don't know, I think we might be looking at a paper/rock/scissors thing here.
    Vader beats Obi-wan, Obi-wan beats Ashoka, Ashoka gets blood and entrails all over Vader's armor.

You take what victories you can in this case.

• Options

Every world.

Uh.
    When did Vader beat Obi-Wan? In Ep4, when they're both old men who could barely swing their sabers and Obi-Wan let him win? That's hardly conclusive.

At their prime, in Ep3, it was a close match, but Anakin made a dumb and Obi walked away the victor.

• Options

Every world.

Uh.
    When did Vader beat Obi-Wan? In Ep4, when they're both old men who could barely swing their sabers and Obi-Wan let him win? That's hardly conclusive.

At their prime, in Ep3, it was a close match, but Anakin made a dumb and Obi walked away the victor.
    Having 3 of your four limbs removed, then being left to burn to death or suffocate on toxic gases would seem to count as a loss, especially if it was the result of you making a dumb decision to try and jump from the wobbly hover robot, over the dude that's armed with a laser sword, has solid footing and is already at a higher elevation then you.

Making the dumb decision in those circumstances means you lose. Keeping your cool and your ability to make good decisions means you get to lop off 3 of your ex-buddies limbs and leave him to die. Sounds like a win to me.
    And are we really spoiling Ep 3? Or 4 for that matter?
    No big deal either way, just think it's odd.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Every world.

Uh.

Having 3 of your four limbs removed, then being left to burn to death or suffocate on toxic gases would seem to count as a loss, especially if it was the result of you making a dumb decision to try and jump from the wobbly hover robot, over the dude that's armed with a laser sword, has solid footing and is already at a higher elevation then you.

Making the dumb decision in those circumstances means you lose. Keeping your cool and your ability to make good decisions means you get to lop off 3 of your ex-buddies limbs and leave him to die. Sounds like a win to me.

I'm only spoiling because I'm responding to something in a spoiler. *shrug*

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Every world.

Uh.

I think it has to with who we are talking about fighting Vader.
    Overall I think Vader's fighting style now is so different from his style pre-robot it would be a different fight. He uses the unstoppable force maneuver even more. Throw in a lack of fear of hitting people with buildings and force choking the shit out of them he would probably beat the crap out of Ashoka probably. I mean that isn't touching on her being off balance if he uses the shock of who he really is on her or if he cares.

I see Vader as a straight up death cyborg in this era. Remember this is the man who can deflect blaster bolts with his hand.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I don't ever recall seeing anything that would lead me to believe that Ashoka would even come close to matching Anakin/Vader in a duel.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ashoka was good, but she wasn't that good.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Ahsoka
    never even got past the padawan stage. Like she was very clearly skilled, probably more so than a lot of jedi due to her war experience, but Anakin/Vader would stomp all over her. The only thing that might keep her safe is the hope that Vader remembers her fondly, which I hope doesn't happen because I'd like to think that Vader stayed in his death cyborg state until Ep 6.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    The Darth Vader comic is definitely painting him as a much more complex character. Like, someone asking questions about something that involves Padme (such as a place they were together at) clearly annoys him, and he has a modified Naboo ship (very similar to Padme's silver cruiser) that he keeps as a personal ship for use when the TIE Advanced is too small.

So it seems like they're going for something more than "Unfeeling Death Machine" and more "Everything Pisses Me Off Death Machine".

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Ahsoka
    never even got past the padawan stage. Like she was very clearly skilled, probably more so than a lot of jedi due to her war experience, but Anakin/Vader would stomp all over her. The only thing that might keep her safe is the hope that Vader remembers her fondly, which I hope doesn't happen because I'd like to think that Vader stayed in his death cyborg state until Ep 6.

My prediction:
    They use Ashoka to show that he is still redeemable, and we see Vader hesitate and struggle to kill her. But Ashoka isn't Luke, so the end result is Vader murdering his protege.