As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars Rebels] Season 4: May the Fourth Be With Uth

1606162636466»

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The emperor's involvement in these final episodes is weird.
    He wanted access to Lothal's jedi temple to get time travel I guess? But he was able to appear in a portal to interact and attack Ezra and Ashoka within the temple anyways. He was able to reconstruct part of the temple and create a time portal to Ezra's parents for...reasons? Trying to seduce him to the dark side? He has time portal powers the emperor can do whatever he wants so what's the point?
    He had enough Sith sorcery know-how to create windows and look into the thing, but he couldn't access it. He tried to grab Ezra and Ashoka while they were inside to allow him to enter. Then as a last gasp effort he constructed the window with Ezra's parents to tempt Ezra into opening the door so he could get in that way.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Although I did like the Emperor’s
    Holographic avatar shenanigans and flickering between the two forms.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The only thing I didn't like:
    It takes them how many years to figure out "wait, maybe we should try to find Ezra?"

Oh and:
    I have a hard time believing that Asoka didn't help out the Rebellion, or really Luke in specific after Yavin.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    It takes them how many years to figure out "wait, maybe we should try to find Ezra?"

Oh and:
    I have a hard time believing that Asoka didn't help out the Rebellion, or really Luke in specific after Yavin.
    They were honoring Ezra by looking after Lothal until the Emperor died.

As for Ahsoka, we don't know precisely when she left the World between Worlds nor how/when she was able to leave Malachor.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

Oh and:
    We don't know when Ahsoka exited the World Between Worlds. Her re-entry point could've been after the battle of Endor for all we know.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    That is true.

I think I'll leave my first point as my only complaint.

So we're getting a Sequel Cartoon now, right? Please?

• Options
    Dave Filoni talks about stuff: http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rebels-ending-ashoka-and-sabine/#more-469847

Here's the importantest bit (big spoils)
    I’ve thought about that. It’s one of those things where you go, I’d love to do an end credits scene but as tempting as that is, I go, if I ever cover that, I want to do it right and I dont want to commit to things right now because things might change. I have a lot of theories about it and what I think happens, where they are… I’ll say this much, they’re not dead — both of them, both Ezra and Thrawn survive it!

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Dave Filoni talks about stuff: http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rebels-ending-ashoka-and-sabine/#more-469847

Here's the importantest bit (big spoils)
    I’ve thought about that. It’s one of those things where you go, I’d love to do an end credits scene but as tempting as that is, I go, if I ever cover that, I want to do it right and I dont want to commit to things right now because things might change. I have a lot of theories about it and what I think happens, where they are… I’ll say this much, they’re not dead — both of them, both Ezra and Thrawn survive it!
    With Rukh all toasty, perhaps Sabine will deliver the blow will get Thrawn to utter his last words

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    So - I've had this as a draft for a looong time... but what fun it turned out to be true!
    GONG-00 wrote: »

It is canon to me!

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    My one disappointment with how things wrapped up:
    We never got to see Scarif from The Ghost's point of view though.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Well, any new show won't be the Ahsoka/Ventress Power Hour, but
    Sabine & Ahsoka: You Can't Force Art
    would be pretty good, too.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Thank you Rebels creators for, in one of your last acts, making official once again the old EU Dreadnought Cruiser seen briefly in the Imperial blockade.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Oh boy. What a finale, what a show.

I binge watched all of Season 4 over the weekend and just finished the last hour and a half.

Thoughts on Season 4 (up to episode 13):
    Kanan's death was very well done. Hit me like a gut punch, even if it was heavily foreshadowed.

Episode 13 was fantastic, even if I thought for a bare second the show writers were going to undo Kanan's sacrifce. I may or may not have been grinning at all the audio queues from the past and future. Especially Yoda's "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." And the Ben Solo/Kylo Ren one too. The ending scene with Ezra and Hera was great. I teared up.

I loved that The Force was always shown as something that's at least a little bit unknowable. Kinda on the fence about putting in the Father,
    Son, and Daughter from Clone Wars, but it was a nice callback. Everything about the Lothwolves was great though.

Finale Thoughts (episode 14/15)
    The show caught me on Ryder. I first thought the rebels were pulling a false betrayal but then they acted like it was a surprise and so I wasn't sure. Ezra's plan was very much the plan of a Jedi and I think that was the best way to show that he truly was Kanan's student and took the lessons to heart.

I adored that they did make Rex being in the Battle of Endor canon.

Please please please give us another series of Sabine and Ahsoka searching for Ezra.

A+, would watch again.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    That was some good Star Wars. That is the most I think I can say.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    If there was one line I thought Star Wars wouldn't cross, I thought it would be time travel, but at least they did a light touch with it.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    New series announced:

Star Wars Resistance

https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-resistance-is-the-next-lucasfilm-animated-ser-1825546331
    Set in what is described by the company as an “uncharted time frame prior to The Force Awakens,” the “anime-inspired” Resistance will follow a young pilot named Kazuda Xiono, recruited by General Leia Organa’s burgeoning Resistance for a top-secret surveillance mission to survey the growing power of the First Order. The series will focus on Kazuda and a cast of ace pilots, but will also feature familiar faces from the sequel trilogy in the form of BB-8, Poe Dameron, and Captain Phasma, with both Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie reprising their respective roles for the series

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Not Rebels related, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk

HOLY SHIT!!! YESSS!!!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Not Rebels related, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk

HOLY SHIT!!! YESSS!!!

Oh

My

Fucking

Gods

I had no idea!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I read an article. Uhhh..wow.

Seriously though Filoni writes amazing Star Wars stories.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's a Star Wars thread in which you can talk about this show. Bumping a thread that's been dead for three months when there's a general Star Wars thread right there that's already talking about it is not necessary.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    What does canon mean anymore?

The canon was inside you all along.