As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tickets for Dummies??

• Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    *wipes brow*
    Whew, okay. Now I can move my finances around a bit.

• Options
    DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    Four weeks to relax!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    So, so cool of you to announce that, Khoo. I know a lot of people were stressed for the longest time last year, waiting for that one tweet that seemed to never come. At least everyone has some time to relax now :)

Lazorz on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Yeah, nice to give that long of a window to relax...much appreciated If I recall it was just the one holiday weekend that such assurances were given for last year. Classy, Robert, seriously.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Point of information. May 1st is on Friday this year.

Badges like to go on sale on Fridays.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    WuShock wrote: »

Do they?

• Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Do they?

It's been on a Wednesday for the last three Primes, the last two Easts, and South.

• Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular

Do they?

I can confirm this because I went and asked my 2014 badges and they told me "We like going on sale on Fridays but Mr. Robert Khoo decides when we can go on sale, so what we like and don't like doesn't matter"

• Options
    arconicarconic Registered User regular
    cya f5ers in may.

• Options
    Marino wrote: »

Do they?
    It's been on a Wednesday for the last three Primes, the last two Easts, and South.
    Yeah, this was my understanding as well.
    LetMeIn wrote: »

Do they?
    I can confirm this because I went and asked my 2014 badges and they told me "We like going on sale on Fridays but Mr. Robert Khoo decides when we can go on sale, so what we like and don't like doesn't matter"
    I guess they don't always get what they want.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I think they went on sale on Friday four years ago for my first PAX, which is why it sticks there with me.

Also, Friday is obviously the best day for passes to go on sale so you can go out and celebrate getting them that evening. That's why the passes themselves like going on sale then.

It's just science, guys.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I think they went on sale on Friday four years ago for my first PAX, which is why it sticks there with me.

Also, Friday is obviously the best day for passes to go on sale so you can go out and celebrate getting them that evening. That's why the passes themselves like going on sale then.

It's just science, guys.

Yes, Prime 2011 was the last time any Pax badges went on sale Friday (excluding Dev), which was of course before the dark times of near instant sell outs. While badges may like Friday, it really is a bad day because if there are any problems with they system your employees will have to work the weekend.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    SkeleVader wrote: »

It's just science, guys.

Yes, Prime 2011 was the last time any Pax badges went on sale Friday, which was of course before the dark times of near instant sell outs. While badges may like Friday, it really is a bad day because if there are any problems with they system your employees will have to work the weekend.
    Wed allows 2 days to make sure everything is in place, and 2 days in case of problems.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Well I definitely developed a habit, I've still gone to the Prime page each day since the tweet and I'm like, "what am I doing here?"

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    skitterbugskitterbug Registered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »
    Well I definitely developed a habit, I've still gone to the Prime page each day since the tweet and I'm like, "what am I doing here?"
    Me too friend, me too.

*~o(^.^)o~*
  • Options
    TashannocTashannoc Registered User regular
    SOON!

Main page date is finally updated.

Looking forward to May!

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Tashannoc wrote: »
    SOON!

Main page date is finally updated.

Looking forward to May!

You beat me to it. I just saw the update pop up! :)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The schedule page has been cleared too, and media reg has been changed to "not yet open for PAX Prime 2015." So just various tweaks here and there :)

Honestly though, if it wasn't for the tweet announcing ticket sales won't be this month, I'd be in panic mode right now.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Great, so all of the past years warning queues are basically updating well before badges go on sale. I guess this means Twitter is our only hope, which could mean the death of F5'ing?

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »
    Great, so all of the past years warning queues are basically updating well before badges go on sale. I guess this means Twitter is our only hope, which could mean the death of F5'ing?

No, F5ing is still great. The registration page could update before you get the tweet.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular

No, F5ing is still great. The registration page could update before you get the tweet.

Honestly, the F5 for badges meta-game and community interaction is part of the appeal of the whole pax experience for me. Not having the traditional cues to go off of just makes it that more exciting.

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I have to be honest, really happy at the announcement for badges in May. Have a lot coming up this month and nice not having to stress about PAX tickets on top of all of it.

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    you know. ever since I started going, I have never had to F5 to get tickets. Given that the F5 is forcing a new pull from the server, that's just bandwidth that I don't need to spend. Hopefully it will be the same this year, but we'll see.

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular

In fact, the PAX Dev tweet didn't go out until ticket sales had been live for about 10 minutes. That's forever in ticket sales time.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular

In fact, the PAX Dev tweet didn't go out until ticket sales had been live for about 10 minutes. That's forever in ticket sales time.

That's very interesting. How did you know?

• Options
    Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    So thankful for not having to worry about it the rest of April. Being on a deadline for my next novel is hard enough. Throw PAX ticket 5fing in there and well yeah I would go nuts. Saw the site updated had a slight moment of panic then saw their note. I can breathe again! :)

• Options
    JasonGreveJasonGreve Gamer Registered User regular

In PRIME speak, that means they sold out before the tweet ;)

• Options
    arconicarconic Registered User regular
    man all the things that point to tickets soon are being changed ahead of time :(

• Options
    yessssss

• Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Also interesting to note is that it looks like 4 Day Passes will be available. Though they may be in super limited supply like that of PAX East.

• Options
    sedirox wrote: »
    Also interesting to note is that it looks like 4 Day Passes will be available. Though they may be in super limited supply like that of PAX East.
    They haven't updated the registration page with new prices yet, so I wouldn't trust that page one way or the other. I haven't seen any information that would confirm there will be 4-days yet.

• Options
    CortexianCortexian Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    IMO they should have a system in place with their ticket handler to allow people who actually buy day passes for each day to click a button somewhere and "combine" those passes into a 4-day pass for convenience. It would mark those day passes as sold/no longer in inventory for the event and allocate a newly generate 4-day pass inventory item to you.

Doesn't sound like it would be to difficult to implement in a point of sale / inventory control back-end somewhere.

Previous Events: Prime 2012, 2014
  • Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    They haven't updated the registration page with new prices yet, so I wouldn't trust that page one way or the other. I haven't seen any information that would confirm there will be 4-days yet.
    Has there been any info that would deny there will be 4-day passes? It seems to be the popular belief but is there any basis for it other than speculation?

PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Has there been any info that would deny there will be 4-day passes? It seems to be the popular belief but is there any basis for it other than speculation?
    Like zerzhul said, it hasn't been updated yet. I know this because:
    1) I have a page monitor watching to tell me when those values change. They haven't yet. Prime badge prices have been raised every year since I've been going, so I doubt they'd keep the prices exactly the same for 2015.
    2) The single days would presumably be at $40/each, a la the Dev bundle ($160 for all four).

Therefore, we can assume that that page isn't set for 2015. It's still possible that 4-days won't be a thing this year, and the PAX Dev ticket sales only support that theory.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    Like zerzhul said, it hasn't been updated yet. I know this because:
    1) I have a page monitor watching to tell me when those values change. They haven't yet. Prime badge prices have been raised every year since I've been going, so I doubt they'd keep the prices exactly the same for 2015.
    2) The single days would presumably be at $40/each, a la the Dev bundle ($160 for all four).

Therefore, we can assume that that page isn't set for 2015. It's still possible that 4-days won't be a thing this year, and the PAX Dev ticket sales only support that theory.
    Also, the word is the Club PA sale was the same as PAX Dev is getting. 4 1-Days for $160. So, nobody has confirmed there are no 4-day badges this year. But, situations where they were on sold in previous years, don't have them this time.

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Birrhan wrote: »

I was F5-ing the showclix page for PAX Dev once they started updating the main web page. I have a post in this forum from the moment the tickets went up for sale on showclix. It was 10-11 minutes later before the tweet went out that they were up.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, since Dev tickets don't sell out in under an hour, so they may have been taking their time. But, it's something to keep in mind.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Also, the word is the Club PA sale was the same as PAX Dev is getting. 4 1-Days for $160. So, nobody has confirmed there are no 4-day badges this year. But, situations where they were on sold in previous years, don't have them this time.

That price is correct.

• Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Birrhan wrote: »

I was F5-ing the showclix page for PAX Dev once they started updating the main web page. I have a post in this forum from the moment the tickets went up for sale on showclix. It was 10-11 minutes later before the tweet went out that they were up.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, since Dev tickets don't sell out in under an hour, so they may have been taking their time. But, it's something to keep in mind.

Good observation sir.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    JulieLJulieL Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    I really appreciate Robert Khoo posting to let us know that tickets won't be going up for sale this month! It relieves a great deal of stress!

This discussion has been closed.