Options

[PSN] 22 Sep - SOMA | Afro Samurai 2 | FIFA

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    LOL! Not only is HBO Go unavailable via Comcast, they are apparently the ONLY provider that doesn't have it. What a fucking joke. It's totally a FWP, but still annoying.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Do we have a date for when Spotify is coming to PS4? All I remember is "Spring".

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Helldivers is awesome. It's something to get in on early, though, since it's so co-op driven. Besides, those alien bugs hate Super Earth and our managed democracy. Plus, they said you guys look like dorks.

This aggression will not stand... man.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Great selection of games! I want to play pretty much all of them, except Valiant Hearts which I bought at release and loved.

Incidentally a lot of people I know (an awful lot) wanted to know if the dog died before they could start playing it. If you are one of these people then:
    The dog does not die. Hurrah for dog!

I was just thinking of picking up Oddworld the other day, I don't suppose by any miracle it's cross buy with Vita?

I was just coming in to ask this. Thanks, @Mr_Grinch.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    For those people having trouble with OlliOlli2, download it on Vita if you have one. There's some kind of input lag or my TV needs to be calibrated for the game or something. Played a ton of the first game on my vita with no problem, but when it came to PS4, and now with the sequel I can't do shit. Sloppy landings all over the place. I have to push X way early if I want to have a shot at landing a trick.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    A lot of TVs have a "game mode" that can be used to reduce/eliminate lag.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Helldivers is awesome. It's something to get in on early, though, since it's so co-op driven. Besides, those alien bugs hate Super Earth and our managed democracy. Plus, they said you guys look like dorks.

How does progression work? Is it vertical or lateral? If I play a lot by myself, will I be massively OP compared to guests when they come over for local co-op?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    If you really liked Starship Troopers, you should definitely check out Helldivers.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    LOL! Not only is HBO Go unavailable via Comcast, they are apparently the ONLY provider that doesn't have it. What a fucking joke. It's totally a FWP, but still annoying.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking absurd that I have and pay for HBO, but have to use a friend's credentials if I ever want to watch stuff on PS4.

Fucking Comcast.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Helldivers is amazing. me and Nack did coop last night and it's a blast!

mechanical tip:
    upgrade the uav asap, it will point out all the science on a map, we thought it was like 3-4 max, but the first map we had a full upgraded uav on had like 8. It will make upgrading stuff a breeze

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, OlliOlli 2 on PS4 will straight tell you to put your TV setting onto Game mode

It works beautifully for me

• Options
    I thought I already had my TV in game mode, I'll have to double check when I get home.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Welp, I played a little of OlliOlli 2 and just really don't like it. It plays smooth and it's probably me, but I wasn't enjoying it. Trying to pull off tricks and my guy just doesn't jump or I hit X when I'm supposed to but I still get a sloppy landing.

Glad it was free, since I would've been annoyed if I bought it since I'm just not good at it, nor am I invested in it to get good.

The hardest part is training yourself that X is not for jumping and the stick is not for moving. Decades of convention and muscle memory working against me, there.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Do we have a date for when Spotify is coming to PS4? All I remember is "Spring".

End of March I think, March 29th maybe?

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I heard Oddworld was super buggy, but Valiant Hearts looks pretty cool, so I'm excited.

I finished Oddworld 3 or 4 times and I think it crashed maybe two or three times on me. Nothing major, it ran pretty well for the most part. Great game too.
    Great selection of games! I want to play pretty much all of them, except Valiant Hearts which I bought at release and loved.

Incidentally a lot of people I know (an awful lot) wanted to know if the dog died before they could start playing it. If you are one of these people then:
    The dog does not die. Hurrah for dog!

I was just thinking of picking up Oddworld the other day, I don't suppose by any miracle it's cross buy with Vita?

@Mego Thor will want to hear this too.

If you get Oddworld from PS+, it isn't cross-buy, you only get the PS4 version. If you actually buy it, it is cross-buy, you get the PS4, PS3 and Vita versions. The PS3 and Vita versions aren't even out yet, so I think it makes sense to do it this way.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Already heard. Thanks for the heads up, though, @Unco-ordinated.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So now that I have PS+ I am finding that I have way too many games to play. I almost have Aquakitty 100% and I've been playing OlliOlli which I'm almost done with because I'm at a wall that I can't get over. I also started Apotheon last night...and um...I'm not sure if I like it yet. I thought it would be like Outland...but it's not. I don't really like the shoulder button for the attack, and it seems very sluggish.

I'll give it a fair shake though, I just played it for roughly a half hour.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I just watched a Helldivers let's play and while the guy was AWFUL I think I'm sold. Gone git me sum dat.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    If you really liked Starship Troopers, you should definitely check out Helldivers.

You evil bastardo. I don't think anyone has ever sold me on a game I've never seen before so easily.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Helldivers is a game about Nazism and coed showers?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Rainbow Moon is on sale...anyone here played it before?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Helldivers is a game about Nazism and coed showers?

we're watching different movies

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    PAL Store Update:

New PS Plus games.
    Helldivers, OlliOlli, Starwhal and so on.

There's sales on PS4 Last of Us, Final Fantasy stuff and Watch Dogs (I'm not sure if this is just the PS4 or if it includes the PS3 version).
    PlayStation Plus
    Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (PS4)
    Valiant Hearts (PS4)

Papo and Yo (PS3)
    Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PS3)

OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood (PS4/PS Vita)
    CounterSpy (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

Helldivers – 20% off, ends 11th March
    Starwhal – 20% off, ends 11th March

PlayStation 4

HELLDIVERS - Price:£16.99/€20.99/$31.95

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood - Price:£7.99/€9.99/$14.95

Resident Evil Revelations 2 – Episode Two: Contemplation - Price:£4.99/€5.99/$8.95

STARWHAL - Price:£9.49/€11.99/$17.95
    Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine

White Night - Price:£13.99/€14.99/$19.75
    Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE

Zombie Army Trilogy - Price:£39.99/€49.99/$69.95
    Out 6th March

PS4 demos
    BLADESTORM: Nightmare Demo

PlayStation 3

Resident Evil Revelations 2 – Episode Two: Contemplation - Price:£4.99/€5.99/$8.95

STARWHAL - Price:£9.49/€11.99/$17.95
    Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late - Price:£29.99/€39.99/$49.95

PlayStation Vita

htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary - Price:£11.99/€14.99/$22.95

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - Price:£34.99/€39.99/$54.95
    Not available in New Zealand

La-Mulana EX - Price:£11.99/€14.99/$22.95

Medieval Defenders - Price:£4.99/€5.99/$8.95

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood - Price:£7.99/€9.99/$14.95

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - Price:£15.99/€19.99/$29.95

PlayStation Mobile
    Cave Squid - £0.65/€0.79/$1.45

Appli Archives extreme Pairon Mobile 1 - £2.39/€2.99/$4.95

The Cardboard Cat - £2.99/€3.79/$6.45

BLAST NINJA - £0.40/€0.49/$0.90

Adventures of Albanus - £1.19/€1.49/$2.45

SimpleCalcurator - £1.19/€1.49/$2.45

TS-Girlfriend Chat - £0.79/€0.99/$1.75

Photo Edit - £1.19/€1.49/$2.45

Hamster Crane - £3.69/€4.49/$7.75

Marry The Princess - £1.19/€1.49/$2.45

Insects – The Alien Invasion - £1.39/€1.79/$2.95

PS4 DLC
    Alien: Isolation - The Trigger (£5.79/€6.99/$10.45)

Hustle Kings - x6 (£1.69/€1.99/$2.95 - £15.99/€19.99/$29.95)

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - The Squad Pack (£2.49/€2.99/$4.55)

Lords of the Fallen - Ancient Labyrinth (£7.39/€8.99/$13.45)

Rabbids Invasion - RABBIDS INVASION – PACK 5 SEASON ONE (£3.29/€3.99/$5.95)

Rocksmith - The Cars Song Pack (£9.49/€11.99/$17.95 or £2.49/€2.99/$4.55)

The Crew - x3 (£1.69/€1.99/$2.95 - £3.29/€3.99/$5.95)

PS3 DLC
    Ace Combat Infinity - x5 (£5.79/€6.99/$10.45 - £28.99/€34.99/$52.95)

Alien: Isolation - The Trigger (£5.79/€6.99/$10.45)

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd - (Free - £1.99/€2.49/$3.75)

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - The Squad Pack (£2.49/€2.99/$4.55)

MX VS ATV Supercross - x3 (£5.79/€6.99/$10.45 each)

Rocksmith - The Cars Song Pack (£9.49/€11.99/$17.95 or £2.49/€2.99/$4.55)

PSVita DLC
    Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd - (Free - £1.99/€2.49/$3.75)

HYPERDEVOTION NOIRE GODDESS BLACK HEART - x33 (Free - £1.69/€1.99/$2.95)

Magical Beat - x8 (£0.59/€0.75/$1.15 - £3.99/€4.99/$7.55)

Medieval Defenders - x9 (£0.79/€0.99/$1.45 - £15.99/€19.99/$29.95)

Oreshika - x12 (£0.25/€0.29/$0.45 - £0.59/€0.75/$1.15)

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    FUCK I FORGOT THE BLADESTORM DEMO

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Who was it that asked about Outlast's DLC being on sale last week? Cause it's on sale on the PAL PSN this week. Though I guess it's not much help if you're a yank.

Here's the link for the sale:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/04/ps-store-discounts-featuring-last-us-remastered-final-fantasy/

It also includes The Last of Us for £39.99/€44.99/$62.95, Trials Fusion, all the Final Fantasy's, Hotline Miami, Stealth Inc and a bunch of other games.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    For those that picked up Helldivers yesterday. I'm looking for some co-op partners in crime, so please feel free to shoot me a PSN Friend Invite (playing on PS4) to FlynntLoch.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Same here - PSN: FuriousJodo. Typically on around 8PM Pacific if I am on.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    So I started watching Helldivers quick look on Giant Bomb and sure enough, this intro animation is out-and-proud fascist propaganda simile. Starship Troopers comparison well made, whoever poster was what made it.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Yes. It's a game with some neat ideas (particularly the combat system) that suffers from a piss-poor translation and waaaaaaay too much grinding. I'd suggesting waiting on Rainbow Moon 2 to see if they fix the balance a bit (I'm not getting my hopes up for a better translation).

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Yes. It's a game with some neat ideas (particularly the combat system) that suffers from a piss-poor translation and waaaaaaay too much grinding. I'd suggesting waiting on Rainbow Moon 2 to see if they fix the balance a bit (I'm not getting my hopes up for a better translation).

I'd echo this. It's a decent game mechanically, and has a few neat ideas, but it has next to no story, and they make several parts of the gameplay way more drawn out and tedious than they should be. Personally, I wouldn't really recommend it.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular

How does progression work? Is it vertical or lateral? If I play a lot by myself, will I be massively OP compared to guests when they come over for local co-op?

You get new weapon unlocks by leveling, and new abilities by doing all missions on a planet, two each on the early ones I've done at least. Then you collect science on the map during missions, that adds up to research points. You also get a point for leveling up, but I assume that slows down over time.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options

You get new weapon unlocks by leveling, and new abilities by doing all missions on a planet, two each on the early ones I've done at least. Then you collect science on the map during missions, that adds up to research points. You also get a point for leveling up, but I assume that slows down over time.

Right, but is this balanced in such a way that new players can play with people have been playing for a while and still be effective?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So for Helldivers how do single player and multiplayer interact?

I'm planning to have friends over to dive into some couch co-op for it this Saturday, but will messing around in single player advance my account or anything in a way that might make it hard for new players to (hell)dive right in?

• Options
    Not strictly PSN related, but there's a great deal on Groupon to pick up The Last of Us Remastered for ~$20.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So for Helldivers how do single player and multiplayer interact?

I'm planning to have friends over to dive into some couch co-op for it this Saturday, but will messing around in single player advance my account or anything in a way that might make it hard for new players to (hell)dive right in?
    You choose the difficulty on a per mission/planet basis - so you can go into a lower difficulty pretty easily. Low level people can do fine and do decent damage/etc, they are just missing some benefits of the higher level unlocks and won't have as many strategem options as well as longer cooldowns on their strategems.

They will be at a disadvantage technically, but if you do missions at their level it should still be enjoyable for everyone.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Well, I bought Helldivers thanks to this thread and a quick look. Damnit. Like I needed more games. Now to go download it and give it a try since work is over.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Oreshika's whole online town-visiting seems to be coupled with mutually exclusive town-developments. If I've got the right idea, maxing one facility requires leaving everything else at zero. An even spread would reach level 7 out of 10. The actual benefits of each level for each facillity are highly irregular.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Counter Spy is really fun!

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Who was it that asked about Outlast's DLC being on sale last week? Cause it's on sale on the PAL PSN this week. Though I guess it's not much help if you're a yank.

Here's the link for the sale:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/04/ps-store-discounts-featuring-last-us-remastered-final-fantasy/

It also includes The Last of Us for £39.99/€44.99/$62.95, Trials Fusion, all the Final Fantasy's, Hotline Miami, Stealth Inc and a bunch of other games.

That was me, but unless there's an easy way to buy that DLC from the PAL store and have it work on my NA account, it won't do me much good.

Hopefully that means an NA deal will follow.