Options

The Song of [chat]

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    WTF, I was searching pubmed for papers about LSD and I found this abstract:
    Death is our most repressed consciousness, it inheres our condition as the primordial fear. Perhaps it was necessary that this angst be repressed in man or he would be hurled against the dark forces of nature. Modern ethos was built on this edifice, where the 'denial of death' while 'embracing one's symbolic immortality' would be worshipped, so this ideology simply overturned and repressed looking into the morass of the inevitable when it finally announced itself. Once this slowly pieced its way into all of life, 'death' would soon become a terminology in medicine too and assert its position, by giving a push to those directly dealing with the dying to shy away from its emotional and spiritual affliction. The need to put off death and prolong one's life would become ever more urgent. Research using psychedelics on the terminally ill which had begun in the 1950s and 1960s would coerce into another realm and alter the face of medicine; but the aggression with which it forced itself in the 1960s would soon be politically maimed, and what remained would be sporadic outpours that trickled its way from European labs and underground boot camps. Now, with the curtain rising, the question has etched itself again, about the use of psychedelic drugs in medicine, particularly psychedelic psychotherapy with the terminally ill. This study is an attempt to philosophically explore death anxiety from its existential context and how something that is innate in our condition cannot be therapeutically cured. Psychedelic use was immutably linked with ancient cultures and only recently has it seen its scientific revival, from which a scientific culture grew around psychedelic therapy. How much of what was threaded in the ritual and spiritual mores can be extricated and be interpreted in our own mechanized language of medicine is the question that nudges many.

That's...not the kind of abstract you usually find on pubmed.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    There seems to have been some horrible mistake.

Blizzard has yet to let me play Overwatch when I clearly deserve access earlier than anyone else.

they've been struggling lately

they forgot to let me play heroes of the storm until after i stopped having a pc

• Options
    I'm fairly certain this paper was written by someone on LSD

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    @Mim‌ what you use to capture your sketchpad stuff?

Good to see scheck back.

@Yoshisummons‌ I have a REALLY old scanner. I might just need to get a new scanner, this one is crap. Why do you ask
    edit: the scans look like crap don't they o_o

Mim on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Making coffee, bacon, and eggs.

WEDNESDAY!

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    I found some website while researching Y-haplogroups and its full of racist shit against white people.

I didn't even know albino was a racist term for white people.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    bacon pancakes, making bacon pancakes. Take some bacon, put it in a pancake. Bacon pancakes, that's what I'm gonna make.

BACON PANCAAAAAKES

FTFY

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    dear tao

today i read a book called NATURAL SCIENCE.

it had a picture of two ants standing very close together.

above the picture it said ‘worker ants communicate by rubbing their antennae.’

i wanted to communicate with you by rubbing our heads together but you weren't here so i rubbed my head against the wall instead and the wall said ‘i'm sad.’

my eyes made 3 tears and i pet the wall until we both fell asleep.

ellen

• Options
    Lacks coffee. Very broken.

• Options
    Lacks coffee. Very broken.

green tea is good for you though!

i need some i think i'm still constipated.

• Options
    So is coffee. For that specific issue too!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    i got monster hunter on the wii u

I was expecting skyrim instead I got a series of "outdoor" areas that could each fit in an 8X10 prison cell

why on earth were you expecting skyrim?

incorrectly informed as to the scope of the game

didn't you play the demo?

It doesn't matter I got it for a song

it's... okay, but not really at all what I was expecting

because it's a super limited handheld game, and they wonder why Wii U's dont sell

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    It's tuned

200+ hours of my life so far

and it's always fun

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I'm so mad

I'm sticking to Satoshi Kon only until one of you redeems yourself by groveling before me and, furthermore, producing full-length essays with cited sources for every subsequent recommendation
    @Hakkekage‌
    based on your complaints about gurren lagann's ending i recommend steins;gate
    also it has waifus

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    tumblr_ngzu1h5qNb1qz8z2ro1_500.png

I will never grow tired of these.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    I'm so mad

I'm sticking to Satoshi Kon only until one of you redeems yourself by groveling before me and, furthermore, producing full-length essays with cited sources for every subsequent recommendation
    @Hakkekage‌
    based on your complaints about gurren lagann's ending i recommend steins;gate
    also it has waifus
    I+thought+it+was+dang+it+bobby+_313b52cfdd3887639d284c2b0d197908.jpg

• Options
    i also recommend now and then, here and there because it too has a happy ending

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Why do I have 14 fucking notifications

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage‌

I dunno

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I have no fucking notifications. But 911 of the regular kind.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    bacon pancakes, making bacon pancakes. Take some bacon, put it in a pancake. Bacon pancakes, that's what I'm gonna make.

BACON PANCAAAAAKES

FTFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYSGojUuAU

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Bruce "mother fucking" Rauner doesn't want people to forced to join a union.

Awesome, good thing they already don't have to.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Say what you will about Jim Davis, but he likes Garfield minus Garfield and that makes him alright in my book.

• Options
    also i never recommended gurren lagann so i should be exempt from groveling
    anime posts are catnip

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Say what you will about Jim Davis, but he likes Garfield minus Garfield and that makes him alright in my book.

The only real fault I am aware of with regards to Mister Davis is he allowed the movies to happen.

• Options
    I mean, Jim Davis created Garfield to get paid and that is what he did. Can't fault a man for that.

• Options

The only real fault I am aware of with regards to Mister Davis is he allowed the movies to happen.

Yeah. Bill Waterson is not a fan because Garfield is the opposite of Calvin and Hobbes, where Garfield is licensed and merchandised like woah.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Calvin and Hobbes without Hobbes is kind of upsetting instead of funny, but I guess that's the point.

• Options

He didn't just allow those to happen. He wrote them and acted as executive producer.

I think his biggest fault is probably stretching himself too thin and not doing a whole lot of quality control on his own output.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Wooh I got €5,16 back of my 1998-2002ish bankcard that was stolen and had coffee money on the debit chip.
    Sweet 10 year old coffee money.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Calvin and Hobbes without Hobbes is kind of upsetting instead of funny, but I guess that's the point.

CGG4Nbu.jpg

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Calvin without Hobbes is awful. Garfield without Garfield is often an improvement.

• Options
    that cat is clearly a kitten i'm calling the police

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    wake you up and shake you
    but your motor skills still speak in slurs

god i wish i was on way more drugs again

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    My old mouse was being weird, and losing power all the time (something to do with the cable), so I got in touch with Logitech and they were all "well we don't have any of that in stock, so would you like the next model up?"

They've sent me this new mouse...

It has like 5 billion buttons, a light show on its back, another light show if I click the button, and it looks like it was designed for use in the new TRON movie.

I like.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @spacekungfuman‌

I stopped playing BG2. Waiting for the patch now, which (if there is a kind god) will be released tomorrow.

It just got too annoying having to stop all the time and hit the reveal icon, and the dumb pathing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    My old mouse was being weird, and losing power all the time (something to do with the cable), so I got in touch with Logitech and they were all "well we don't have any of that in stock, so would you like the next model up?"

They've sent me this new mouse...

It has like 5 billion buttons, a light show on its back, another light show if I click the button, and it looks like it was designed for use in the new TRON movie.

I like.

You may want to turn off those lights.
    My mouse would light up if something kicked the PC out of sleep mode.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    fSymsOGXO5l9t1gisQZ6l8DZo1_r1_500.png

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.