Options

winter [chat]

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    when we say anime hitler are we combining these two negative things or is the idea the concept of a hitler-like figure whose target is anime

YES I'M SO FUCKING PREPARED FOR THIS CONVERSATION

MeDKIlD.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Hello Squirm! How's things?

Better. I mean, y'know, my parents are still dead, but they ain't gettin' any deader, so I count that as a win.

Actually, yesterday I had a massive bout of depression, the kind that is literally about nothing. My first one in months. I've decided to see that as a small victory for my brain - if I'm having depressive states due to my actual depression and not, say, the swift and unexpected deaths of both my parents within a two-month period then that's got to mean I'm returning to a state of normalcy, right...?

Maybe I'm just looking for improvement where none exists, but I'm okay with that. Whatever you've got to do to move forward.

That stuff aside, life is good. I've got a great day job, I just bought a car, PortsCenter is a couple of weeks away from debuting on Chainsawsuit Original, I've got two other projects on the go and a third that might see the light of day next year. I'm busy, I'm happy, and I can afford to do things. I'm doing okay.

Aw man :(

It's rad to hear your career is going well, though!

I am staying up too late while contemplating what snack I want to eat before I fire up the Witcher and at some point I really got to make a decision on this while the iron's hot

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    That is a bright silver lining, Squirm. Good to hear.

Thanks. :3
    Gim wrote: »
    Squirm!

I would like to take this moment to say just how much I appreciated your Addam's Family episode of PortsCenter.

Thank you! That game was so important to me as a kid - I had the Amiga version, didn't discover the SNES version had extra stuff in it until I got into emulation in the early naughties.

It's a game that really sticks with you, which is interesting.

But yes, I quite appreciate your whole show and all the minute details it covers. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the new debut!

I think I kind of fell off for a bit after the episode about my mother's favorite games - the Flashback/Superfrog episode isn't as good as it should be, the Lemmings episode is a piece of shit, and I could've spent more time with Wonderdog and Chuck Rock II - but I really want to up my game this year. I want to feel like I deserve to have my videos up alongside Kris and Mikey's stuff, and my November/December output wasn't really good enough.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    "The first thing to know about your penis is, that despite the way it may see, it is not your penis," Driscoll allegedly wrote. "Ultimately, God created you and it is his penis. You are simply borrowing it for a while.

"While His penis is on loan you must admit that it is sort of just hanging out there very lonely as if it needed a home, sort of like a man wondering (sic) the streets looking for a house to live in," Driscoll's post continued. "Knowing that His penis would need a home, God created a woman to be your wife and when you marry her and look down you will notice that your wife is shaped differently than you and makes a very nice home."

though you may believe your hand is shaped like a home, it is not. And, though women other than your wife may look like a home, to rest there would be breaking into another man's home...if you look at a man it is quite obvious that what a homeless man does not need is another man without a home."

uh......

huh...

• Options
    "The first thing to know about your penis is, that despite the way it may see, it is not your penis," Driscoll allegedly wrote. "Ultimately, God created you and it is his penis. You are simply borrowing it for a while.

"While His penis is on loan you must admit that it is sort of just hanging out there very lonely as if it needed a home, sort of like a man wondering (sic) the streets looking for a house to live in," Driscoll's post continued. "Knowing that His penis would need a home, God created a woman to be your wife and when you marry her and look down you will notice that your wife is shaped differently than you and makes a very nice home."

though you may believe your hand is shaped like a home, it is not. And, though women other than your wife may look like a home, to rest there would be breaking into another man's home...if you look at a man it is quite obvious that what a homeless man does not need is another man without a home."

This is the kinda sales pitch where the more they say you can't have it the better it sounds.

How can you say no to giving god's very own dick a beej?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    *breathes heavily*

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    We live behind enemy lines, in hostile territory.The Gnostics were right, this is a world created by the enemy: early risers may look like us, but they are not us, and they have constructed a world fit for them to live in and thus to us painful.

I don't know whether the early risers are lizard people, aliens or chthonic demon shape shifters, but I know that we live in their New World Order and that resistance is all but futile.

Every press of the snooze button is a tiny, desperate act of resistance.

I was up early only because I fell asleep before 8 yesterday

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Squirm!

I would like to take this moment to say just how much I appreciated your Addam's Family episode of PortsCenter.

Thank you! That game was so important to me as a kid - I had the Amiga version, didn't discover the SNES version had extra stuff in it until I got into emulation in the early naughties.

But yes, I quite appreciate your whole show and all the minute details it covers. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the new debut!

I think I kind of fell off for a bit after the episode about my mother's favorite games - the Flashback/Superfrog episode isn't as good as it should be, the Lemmings episode is a piece of shit, and I could've spent more time with Wonderdog and Chuck Rock II - but I really want to up my game this year. I want to feel like I deserve to have my videos up alongside Kris and Mikey's stuff, and my November/December output wasn't really good enough.

I will say that I learned quite a bit about Lemmings from that episode, another game that was a cornerstone of my childhood that I only experienced on the SNES.

On a related note, I figured you might appreciate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWk-cMj3fZI

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Alright, I'm going to go play Serious Sam HD with a lovely lady, and then I'm going to go to bed and get an insufficient amount of sleep to get me through the day. Have fun, all. <3

• Options
    Squirm!

I will say that I learned quite a bit about Lemmings from that episode, another game that was a cornerstone of my childhood that I only experienced on the SNES.

THIS FUCKING PIECE OF MUSIC.

Okay, y'know what? Time for a history lesson. When Lemmings was ported to Windows and the PSone in the mid-90s, they re-did all of the music in MIDI format. Unfortunately whoever handled that transposed part of the solo towards the end of the piece, so it's no longer in the right key. This had a huge knock-on effect for basically every port that came after it, because rather than rebuild the song from scratch or refer to the original sheet music, the musicians who worked on the later port just used that shitty MIDI file as their source.

That transposed solo can be heard in every single port from Windows 95 right the way up to the PS3 update. It's annoying, and I fucking hate it. Originally the Lemmings episode of PortsCenter would've centered entirely around that piece of music, but I couldn't find a satisfying way to write about it, so I didn't.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    We live behind enemy lines, in hostile territory.The Gnostics were right, this is a world created by the enemy: early risers may look like us, but they are not us, and they have constructed a world fit for them to live in and thus to us painful.

I don't know whether the early risers are lizard people, aliens or chthonic demon shape shifters, but I know that we live in their New World Order and that resistance is all but futile.

sure

uncle tom

• Options

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

sure

uncle tom

I don't think they'll accept me as one of them when I wake up at like 4 am

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    my body is like hey what are you doing sleeping, you need to get up because you're going to go to bed in a few hours

and then I'm like body pls

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

it is only published in the form of poorly formated rants on photocopied paper in laundromats or convenience stores, or as secret messages hidden within particular graffitti symbols

• Options
    Waking up early feels nice

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Waking up early feels nice

no it doesnt

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Ffffff stop this nonsense body.

Now it seems like my third chronic affliction, my vestibular neuronitis, is acting back up. While still dealing with the stomach issues and my foot problems.

It's been about a year, welcome back I guess.

Right now it isn't totally unworkable, but the last time it went to max nausea pretty quick and I spent 2 days trying to keep my head extremely rigid at the punishment of throwing up.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    You know, granting that I am not a christian, I don't think I've ever been to a church-led wedding where I felt like the representatives of the faith actually brought anything meaningful, not vaguely misogynist or didn't feel like they were trying to sales-pitch the religion to the audience.

And what's weird about this is I don't get why it keeps happening. Like, give me a bible and a day or two and I could absolutely come up with something that was way the christ more appropriate and appropriately represented the bride, groom and god.

• Options

it is only published in the form of poorly formated rants on photocopied paper in laundromats or convenience stores, or as secret messages hidden within particular graffitti symbols

subscribed

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Squirm!

nnnnnrgh yes, as soon as it hit the SNES version my fervent belief in its soundfont superiority was validated

*executes a chained up prisoner from the ancient console wars*

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

This is the best analogy.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Squirm!

nnnnnrgh yes, as soon as it hit the SNES version my fervent belief in its soundfont superiority was validated

I think the Megadrive/Turbo Grafix version is pretty punchy.

• Options
    Squirm!

but is it superior

*eyes torture implements*

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    You know, granting that I am not a christian, I don't think I've ever been to a church-led wedding where I felt like the representatives of the faith actually brought anything meaningful, not vaguely misogynist or didn't feel like they were trying to sales-pitch the religion to the audience.

And what's weird about this is I don't get why it keeps happening. Like, give me a bible and a day or two and I could absolutely come up with something that was way the christ more appropriate and appropriately represented the bride, groom and god.

Man, this sounds nothing like any Catholic wedding I've been to.

• Options
    Squirm!

The TurboGrafx16 version is really interesting because it has this wide and deep soundscape that's not present in any of the other versions. And it's all highs and lows, there are almost no forward mids (at least that's how I'm hearing it).

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    pastors at weddings keep trying to preach against gay marriage

idk

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Squirm!

but is it superior

...Yes.

The SNES version is at a different speed which kinda makes it plodding, while Megadrive/TG16's pace helps keep you excited.

fortress.gif

COME AT ME BRO

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    There needs to be a Lemmings type game called Sheeple. It will feature people blindly believing that 9/11 wasn't an inside job and that vaccinations are safe. The goal of the game is to open their eyes!

Neco on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    There needs to be a Lemmings type game called Sheeple. It will feature people blindly believing that 9/11 wasn't an inside job and that vaccinations are safe. The goal of the game is to open their eyes!

The self destruct option is an MMR vaccine.

• Options
    Squirm!

but is it superior

...Yes.

The SNES version is at a different speed which kinda makes it plodding, while Megadrive/TG16's pace helps keep you excited.

fortress.gif

COME AT ME BRO

i actually don't have an argument, i just know my favourite tracks of early-mid 90s games are near exclusively from the SNES RPGs I've played

i enjoy slower plodding stuff more frequently than faster paced music tho so maybe it's just a case of different strok-- WAIT NO THE BLOOD FUED MUST CONTINUE

*brandishes knife*

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    there is now a large hole in my chest where my heart once was

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Let us compromise by appreciating operatic SNES music and Megadrive Guitar music for their own merits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXTdxNnOOj8

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    yall know nothing about vidya music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ok5AV7ZrM

• Options
    The self-destruct was glorious because it caused SO MUCH SLOWDOWN because every single last one had to explode independently (and then follow-up with its own particles being blown apart) that I swear the framerate dropped down to less than 1. It was a fractional framerate.

• Options
    The self-destruct was glorious because it caused SO MUCH SLOWDOWN because every single last one had to explode independently (and then follow-up with its own particles being blown apart) that I swear the framerate dropped down to less than 1. It was a fractional framerate.

The individual self destruct was fine, it was the nuke button that caused amusing slowdown.

• Options
    Or maybe that was just on an Amstrad.

• Options

The individual self destruct was fine, it was the nuke button that caused amusing slowdown.

Whoops, yeah, that's what I meant. The nuke button. Sloooooooooooooowdown.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOI9fQ9GDg

Wait, that's not a lemming. I've been had.

Gim on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.