Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    at this point the only lore question i need answered is

where the fuck did all these goddamn statues come from

there is some insanely prolific sculptor in yharnam who works exclusively with statues of weeping women

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    One thing I feel is kind of weirdly absent is the government of Yharnam, it seems like it's the Church and the people and that's it, like where's the militia, where's the damn police, it seems like "lynch mob" is the default form of civil protection and that just doesn't work in a city the size of Yharnam

The black and white church hunter garb make it sound like at some point the chuch hunters functioned like secret police, except the main crime they investigated was having interesting blood.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    It definitely seems like the Church would be massively intertwined with the governance of the city, I think it would have been neat to find the remnants of a secular ministry struggling against the Church whackjobs trying to just keep the fucking roads open and the sewers working and trade happening, in vain obviously

Hobnail on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    at this point the only lore question i need answered is

where the fuck did all these goddamn statues come from

there is some insanely prolific sculptor in yharnam who works exclusively with statues of weeping women

Among....OTHER...things

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    It's probably just a straight up theocracy

Holy Roman Empire is to Catholicism as Yarhnam is to the Healing Church

Maybe Cainhurst is the remnants of what used to be a royal family before the Church took over?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't think that analogy works

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    It's pretty shitty but it's the best i can do on short notice

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    But like, at all, like you'd never have the time to build your first massive baroque cathedral before your proto-city took a massive baroque shit

pretty sure yharnam is straight up ruled by the church, and you're visiting it as it is reaching the point of collapse

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Now that I'm out of the defiled chalice I have so much health... oh I can't wait... hee hee...

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Congratulations

You best the hardest content in the game

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well after a bit of googling it looks like i'm the first person who's decided to make Neil Gaiman as their bloodborne character

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Where do blood chunks first start showing up, I forget

I've got skill up to 50 now, but blades of mercy still just kinda suck. Hoping that getting them to +10 will change my mind on them

But now that I've hit 50 on strength and skill, I figure it is time to finally start pumping vit so I can stop getting owned in two hits by dudes in the forest

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    After the spooter

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If you're at both Str and Skill 50, I feel like Ludwig's is gonna pull ahead of everything else pretty handily

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I've decided to split the difference on this character's main skills between skill and bloodtinge, and have them wield weapons that fire as their alt setting (spear and gunsword) alongside the repeater

actually having to rely on your gun for damage sometimes is... weird, but once you do you learn you can punish people for dodging away from you and it becomes reeeeal interesting to pvp

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    If you're at both Str and Skill 50, I feel like Ludwig's is gonna pull ahead of everything else pretty handily

Yeah but

I don't like ludwig's very much!!!!!

• Options
    Mostly because I don't like how the greatsword bit hangs out on your back all just floating there

• Options
    Yeah I love Ludwig's but think the back sheath is silly looking.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I hate Ebriatas. She is a bullshit boss

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kind of weird how, despite how prominent it is in the yharnam skyline, we never actually get to visit the building with the huge round stained glass window that looms over the city, or the place with the chimneys that belch out smoke. maybe they were areas that got cut out?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Congratulations

You best the hardest content in the game

Meanwhile I just entered the Defiled Chalice.

Already lost a full night's sleep taking down this motherfucker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9FV5P4gI8E

• Options
    kind of weird how, despite how prominent it is in the yharnam skyline, we never actually get to visit the building with the huge round stained glass window that looms over the city, or the place with the chimneys that belch out smoke. maybe they were areas that got cut out?

I really want us to go to the big clocktower looming over everything in some DLC

• Options
    Well got an ending.

Whatever

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Sitting at 50 with my second character, 35 skill and 20 arcane with the rest in vitality. Prioritizing one weapon for upgrades is pretty key, I have a +6 cane and +6 torch going into Amelia. The torch is pretty great once you get it going

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    you guys

chalice offering spoilers
    the pthumerian descendant can be a miniboss mob on a layer! And if he falls off a ledge he can apparently throw his blades through the floor to get you because why the fuck not

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    Nightmare
    *sigh*

Goddammit Patches...

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I feel like my patience diminishes with each release.
    Played less Dark Souls than Demon Souls, and even less of DS2. I'm having trouble even caring enough to locate the first boss in Bloodborne.
    There's always tomorrow, I guess.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    If the dawn ever comes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    you know what's kind of weird

that there's no way to contact from software

unless you're from japan

actually sort of fucked up

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Wouldn't that be true for a lot of Japanese devs who don't publisher their own games?

I can't really think of any examples of those who don't aside from From, but there has to be one or two without any sort of international presence aside from what their publisher provides. Maybe some Atlus published game.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/w8ymBUCTeZM

Fuck this fucking dungeon.

Hours and hours of retries with this fucker.

• Options
    So I definitely got summoned into a NG+ at level 55 in Hemwick, it was fucking hair raising but I had like 175k echoes by the time we killed the boss

And speaking of the Witch of Hemwick is much nastier on NG+, was a huge health sponge and kept firing off that immobilization spell the brain suckers have, I think it might be a bit rough to solo

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    I go to Hemwick can't beat the boss solo, can't find help for some reason

Where else can I go?

Back to that jail?

I need to finish my first playthrough before I get back in to Destiny

From the grand cathedral go down the staircase and through the gate, then to the right through a doorway guarded by a giant

Look around back there and you'll find the next place to go

You should really finish up Hemwick though, super good thing there.

Eh if you're having a hard time with the witches then it wouldn't hurt to start through the forbidden forest. By the time you make it to the main bonfire you'll probable have enough levels under your belt to beat the witches easy

I'm going to go looking for the Forbidden Forest.I really lost my motivation with this game.

• Options
    So I definitely got summoned into a NG+ at level 55 in Hemwick, it was fucking hair raising but I had like 175k echoes by the time we killed the boss

And speaking of the Witch of Hemwick is much nastier on NG+, was a huge health sponge and kept firing off that immobilization spell the brain suckers have, I think it might be a bit rough to solo

The witches are kind of one of my favs to fight

Like I found them piss easy in ng and ng+ and never died to them but

It is just a fun fight

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Wow, I just beat Vicar Amelia, the Witch of Hemwick AND the Undead Giant in my chalice dungeon all in one sitting

i am flush with accomplishment :D

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Where can I go besides fighting amelia? I'm level 33.

I can't kill her at all and the area above Cathedral ward is a dead end and hemwick seems hard. The other direction leads to two Hunters that can kill me pretty easy.

• Options
    I hate the witches because their immobalize ability is lightning fast and there is fuck all you can do once you're hit.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Uriel wrote: »
    Where can I go besides fighting amelia? I'm level 33.

I can't kill her at all and the area above Cathedral ward is a dead end and hemwick seems hard. The other direction leads to two Hunters that can kill me pretty easy.

Um...you're kind of cut off. You have to get through Amelia to progress the story outside of Hemwick. I would advise working through Hemwick. It starts out really tough but there's two stages of shortcuts that you can use for farming and you'll get an important tool from the witch.

Butters on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Blah. Dodging her is so hard. It seems like the sidestep has a bunch of invincibility but it doesn't last long enough. And I just can't damage her enough.