Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    is it worth it to level arcane up to 15 just so you can use those arcane items like hunters bone and beast roar?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hunters bone is mega baller for duels and boss fights, the executioners gloves can be great for all kinds of stuff the lock on and tracking of the projectiles is relentless

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    For coolness, sure

For functionality, ehhhhhhhh

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I want to know at what point the dudes in the mobs start lynching you. Judging by the corpses in central Yharnam, any regular looking Yharnamites got the axe and straight up werewolves get strung up obviously, but some of the mob members are pretty gnarly looking.

I think anyone who doesn't look like Lon Chaney and/or isn't wearing pants gets killed

if they knew you before, they'd probably consider you "part of the pack" and let you live

that's why the older gentlemen in the wheelchairs, who seem uninfected, get spared

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    well, i'm not getting a ps4 any time soon and the patsworth LP is taking forever

tell me stories about ~the lore~, guys

I wish there was a YouTube clip of that Futurama episode where Bender is cursed by the were-car, and the trio is walking through the old-timey village.

Villagers: "Cursseee, you are currrrsed!"

Leela: "Yeah yeah, cursed."

Bender: "Whatever".

I would use that to describe Bloodborne in a nutshell.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ng+ got a lot faster after entering the cathedral ward, I went from amelia to beating the one reborn in like an hour with no deaths

I just need the super secret chalice boss for platinum

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Need to see the third ending for plat, but I'll probably play through once more to use the burial blade and face some story dudes in Ng+.

Blade of mercy is a cool as heck weapon, but it's more of a stamina sub than an arcane sub. Will go 50/40/50 vit end skl, then maybe 15 arcane for beast roar.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Update is available, shaves off load times a bit and adds item descriptions during loading screens.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Loading times are much better now!

Also I'm just starting to understand the power of dodging forward while locked on, getting a hit or two, and dodging back. It changes the way you play the game quite a bit, and it feels very different from the Souls games.

Flay on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Dark souls is a game about dodging left and right

Bloodborne is a game about dodging forward and backward

For me, anyway

• Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    I can't see any reason to stop blasting baddies away with the stake driver.

This has made short work of several chalice bosses so far.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I love the concept of a trolling save point.

Chrono Trigger is the only game I can recall that actually did that, but I could swear there was another game that also did it.

FFXII had a couple. They were incredibly irritating.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    trying to find a good outfit for my hunter is hard

nothing looks quite as good as the main hunter coat

but then it all feels kind of samey

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Could always wrap a huge tentacle around your body and limbs...

• Options
    trying to find a good outfit for my hunter is hard

nothing looks quite as good as the main hunter coat

but then it all feels kind of samey

Choir garb, Cainhurst knight garb, Bone Ash set are probably my favourites.

ladi.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    crowfeather garb, yahargul hood, charred hunter gloves and boots.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Crowfeather hat and mask is my favorite headpiece.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Oh my god this defiled watchdog

Can someone help me with this

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    A hunter is never alone

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    have audience with r8dp3vfi but remember oh, Fire!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Man I wish this patch came out before I had played the entire game and traded it in

Cause I don't plan on playing it a second time, not to say anything bad about the game but I've just had my fill of it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Reddit is saying that the short ritual root chalice works now.

• Options
    Platinum acquired! Burial blade is real fuckin' Nito.

ladi.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Finally got back to this game after a busy work schedule. Found Father Gazza, and he seemed like a total chumplord for a second there, and then
    that wasn't even his final form! Now he's just fucking relentless. Got him to like 10% health so he's going to die, but damn that fight goes from 0 to 60 in no time

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Platinum acquired! Burial blade is real fuckin' Nito.
    Boy sure sucks most people will never touch it huh

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Not really

Not guaranteeing that you get to see all the content is what makes souls souls

• Options
    Except souls games have a lot more weapons than bloodborne

In souls you already had like 50 choices before you get the final bosses weapon instead of like 10

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Why would most people never touch the burial blade? I wouldn't expect most people to choose the accept ending, and Souls games are not games that most fans play and then don't NG+. Especially not Bloodborne, which IMO is kind of designed for you to do the hardest chalice dungeons after you've played NG+ and really filled out your build, gotten 50 VIT, etc.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    It's kind of obvious in hindsight, but bold hunter marks reset your invasion cooldown, and the faster load times make it even better. No more resetting the game after every fight!

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Also, while Souls games most definitely have more choices in weapons and armor, it's not like Bloodborne is super limited in choices. Especially not when you consider that the movesets on Bloodborne weapons are insanely more diverse than Souls weapons. Every weapon having trick form, in addition to also having multiple running attacks and what not per weapon form(not just per weapon).

Bloodborne has a very solid selection of weapons for all build types, even if it's not as varied as Souls.

• Options
    Except souls games have a lot more weapons than bloodborne

In souls you already had like 50 choices before you get the final bosses weapon instead of like 10

I think it's a fair criticism that the weapon is gated behind the final boss/buried deep in chalices. I always cite being able to acquire the zwei/winged spear/scythe/claymore et al (not to mention black knight weapons) so early as a huge mark in DS1's favour over 2 (have yet to play Scholar, I understand it mixes placements up a bit).

I was also somewhat surprised at the overall lack of weapon breadth. I was never concerned about depth - as far as I'm concerned the different weapons of the same category and size (eg. the shortsword/longsword/broadsword/sunsword in DS2) are mostly bloat and I vastly prefer Bloodborne's approach - but it is quite strange not having 'special' variants from boss souls or particular enemies.

Bloodborne has daggers, fists, mace, greatsword, greathammer, katana, axe, halberd, scythe, rapier, spear, whip and many variety of sword, all with rich movesets. There's enough there for me, but by having them all be competitive with no clear upgrades I think it loses a little of the progression that can be so meaningful.

OTOH my last playthrough took 12 hours and I was still stopping to smell the roses. Game is super brisk after you've beaten it once, much better pacing throughout than both Dark Souls games.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Why would most people never touch the burial blade? I wouldn't expect most people to choose the accept ending, and Souls games are not games that most fans play and then don't NG+. Especially not Bloodborne, which IMO is kind of designed for you to do the hardest chalice dungeons after you've played NG+ and really filled out your build, gotten 50 VIT, etc.

Most people never beat their video games, let alone do multiple play throughs or post-game content.

This is part of why endings often suck, apparently.

• Options
    Bloodborne is absurdly well paced except for forbidden woods wherein the pace falls off a cliff

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Today someone tried to guest-star on MY GODDAMN SHOW and I was having none of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njOCfyAGBZw

• Options
    It all goes downhill after Amelia in general, IMO

By the time I beat the game I was kind of checked out
    also gehrman was neat, I guess, but the moon presence was just a really boring enemy in terms of attacks and design

It looked and fought like a late game heavy regular enemy, not a boss

Also, like Dark Souls 2, it failed to make me care at all about whatever vaguely implied conflict or mystery was leading to the final confrontation

So the end fight was just anticlimactic and toothless

Whereas DS1 had a great last boss lead up, and though there was still anticlimax it seemed like a deliberate thematic gesture?

• Options
    I loved this game but by the time I got to the final boss I was already burnt out from trying to get the beast claws

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I am pretty disappointed in the chalice dungeons as well

They are very samey and repetitive, and you have to go through SO MUCH of the exact same rooms and spaces. Exactly the wrong way to do dungeon crawling, like a bad D&D campaign.

Plus the grind for mats

Just a bunch of terrible decisions.

I like a lot of the chalice bosses though.

• Options
    I was like 8 hours into the chalice dungeons and the only thing I got was a lackluster set of armor

And they it made me redo a dungeon for more level 5 shit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Problem is that Yarnam itself is so evocative that the rest of the game, even though still having mostly fantastic level design can't help but feel dull by comparison.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    father g hat, caped hunter coat, executioner gloves (because apparently those rivets on them make them tiny cestuses and even if you cant fight with em I think that's awesome) and yharnam hunter boots

gunsword, flamethrower, and a twirly moustache

lets go to town

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif